Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Jul 24, 2016

Probably we'll see Sungji taking action vs Seju trying to screw things over type of situation.

If wdfts goes the same way as many dramas I've watched, then after Seju screws things up, and becomes so unlikable, she will have an amnesia. Maybe the healing is about Sumin starting a new, and Seju completely forgeting her sadistic past. If it's not that, I really can't think of another way to heal Seju. Nami? Oy, no.

In chap. 50, it explains there why Sumin's relationships failed. It is not Seju but Sumin herself. Concentrate on the conversation on her head with Nami and Saehyun.
The sadistic past? I think it is more of Sumin. It was Sumin who slapped and punched Seju on the face. That is why, Saehyun hurt Sumin physically because she hurt Seju physically too. Seju can't go out for days because of "black eye". Hehehe... That was not moping or dying. Hahaha...

If you are referring to chap.55 where she pushed down Sumin, well, let us do "empathy" here rather than "opinion". For ten years, she was hurting seju by being with different women and even making Seju hear the "making out" over the phone, intentionally accepts invitation when she sees Seju looking, rough sex with Seju even if Seju is pleading to be gentle. Sending off unending messages to Seju that she doesn't exist(except for chap. 3 lovemaking) and all of a sudden telling Seju that she still loves her? Hehehe... Seju must be healed by setting herself free from the chain she herself put for ten years by taking all responsibilities that happened to Sumin even to the point until she dies(chap. 27). Thus, blinded by this self-indulgence that she neglected Sumin's needs, i.e., her time and the promises they made together to which the rings symbolizes.

I do love your analysis of the chapters and of the characters, foxy lady, what I understand differently is the part where you say "Saehyun hurt Sumin physically because she hurt Seju physically too. Seju can't go out for days because of "black eye". Hehehe... That was not moping or dying."
When I look at Seju in the scene where she is laying in bed, her face seems sad but she doesnt seem to have a black eye. I do think her heart broke and even Seju herself states that sumin is her point of living, so she didn't want to do anything but to lay in bed when they broke up. Seju remaining in bed went on for awhile because after Saehyun hurts Sumin, Sumin begins to meet other girls and calls Seju on the phone just to hear the moans while Seju is again in bed. (Also in my point of view, Saehyun could be Seju's real father because he seems like the only one in the family to care for her, and even tells Sumin that he gave her Seju's name, which seems like a father thing to do, the president could really be the grandfather, and the scene where we see Saehyun sees Seju's mom may imply there are lovers? I'm not really sure but it could explain why he hurt Sumin, as a overly protective father)

I do agree with you that Sumin did all those things as revenge towards Seju, but in the scenes right after Sumin comes into realization that she still has feelings for Seju, I do believe she says she feels guilty for intentionally hurting Seju. I do think they hurt each other, but obviously still love each other or else they would of left a long time ago.

Seju is super interesting to me.. I never disliked her even in the most recent chapter, her love for Sumin is too big, and it's destructive because I don't think she knows how to control it herself. Even when she cheated (which I agree wasn't right) she said it was because she felt so lonely since Sumin was rejecting her and their plans together and felt like Sumin could leave anytime. (again doesnt justify cheating but I am acknowledging Seju's feelings) WHAT gets me about Seju is how she truly is sorry, she stopped drinking alcohol (the very thing that influenced her to sleep with that guy), didn't see anyone else, and always made herself available to Sumin while being okay with the fact that Sumin saw other women for 10 years . She, in my eyes, deserved the second chance, because as humans we all make mistakes but the way she went for redemption speaks to me how sorry she was for cheating. (we could of easily seen Seju be with other people and etc. after they broke up and if we did we could of assume she didn't care that she cheated/valued her relationship with Sumin) This is why I've forgiven Seju for cheating, because her undying loyalty to Sumin and the actions she took to redeem herself.

So after the recent chapter, I wonder if Sungji will forgive Sumin for cheating on her, and if she does, will that allow the opportunity for Sumin to forgive Seju for cheating on her in the past? I do like Sungji, she has a refreshing personality, and I think warms Sumin's frozen heart. I love Seju and Sumin's relationship more only because their love seems so deep. I feel as though if they could let the past go and let their feelings for each other be pure again they would be just as lovely as Sumin and Sungji.

In the most recent chapter I was not disappointed either, Seju is swayed by her love and it's her last chance to convince Sumin to stay with her, it's life and death for her in her world, and that's why she attacks Sungji the way she does because Seju is almost like a wounded animal being backed into a cage (which is how I always see Seju when she does her dark actions). Sungji is blinded by her love too, in a sweet way, I think her love doesn't find Sumin to be this empty malicious person, and so even when she saw them together in bed, I feel like she didn't react in the typical, how dare she cheat on me type of way, but in a way of, oh I see you with Seju now and you have been doing this before, but I know you are trying your best to be with me (because how Sumin warns her earlier but also tries her best to compile with what Sungji wants) I think Sungji knows its more of Seju trying to gain control of a dire situation. It seems like she sees a bigger picture.

I don't know where the story is going, but I will enjoy it as long as Seju doesn't die or remains forever sad. Sorry for the long post but I like to read everyone else's opinions about this story/cahracters and wanted to put in my opinion as well! ^_^

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Too many good analyses I like this! I won't quote though, cause it's gonna be too long lol.

I didn't know about that characterist of introvets. The Socratic way of responding?
From what I've read, there are two distinctive characteristics that tell introverts from extroverts apart. (sorry kinda getting a bit OOT here, but still related)

Introverts feel energised when spending time alone, or in a company of few people. Extroverts relax and get energized by hanging out with crowd, or more people.

Extroverts speak before thinking it too much before (not in a bad way), while introverts think before replying, also living more inside their head.
I belive that there are more extroverts because of how society has this model of how people should be. The extrovert who goes out and has fun is what you usually see that people should strive for. Whether that messege is being said directly, or it is passed in different ways.

I would say only Nami seems to be an extrovert from them.
Also, to be honest, Seju seems to strongly dislike her, even if she doesn't show it so much. It would be disturbing to see Seju ending up with Nami in the end. Especially If that flashback really meant how Nami was in love with Seju all along (which to be honest I believe it)
I don't think she's the right type for Seju. She might care, yes. But her way is not fitting for this particular situation.

I said that before in that particular chapter. Why if Nami is Sumin's friend she tried to sleep with Seju? Not talking about Seju being ex with Sumin, but talking about how Sumin was doing fine with Sungji at that moment, and then Nami did that on purpose. To screw things up more in her friend's life?
Not to mention she tried to take advantage of Seju's weakness and finally sleep with her.

I don't know, seems like a dead end for Seju. But I do believe is that Sumin will be able to forgive her in the end, because Sungji will forgive her too, and show her a different way of approaching this issue.
To be honest I would prefer an open ending instead of taking something bad

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Since Nami has never been presented as someone who means to hurt Seju, I still think that an open ended Nami x Seju is quite possible. After what happened, she did tell Sumin that it was her whom Sumin should be mad at. Which means if there were something being ruined by her sleeping with Seju, it's her friendship with Sumin not Sumin x Seju. As Sumin herself used to sleep with Nami too, I'm sure Sumin would end up being convinced that it's not Seju's fault. Nami is not Sumin's good friend, really, but being Sumin's good friend and being Seju's soulmate are totally two different things. If it turns out to be that Nami has been in love with Seju all along, who knows, maybe Seju will stop disliking her as her always annoying Seju happened with a reason.

Not to mention she tried to take advantage of Seju's weakness and finally sleep with her.

Yeah, it's wrong, but as we could see that she couldn't know that Seju would hate sleeping with her that much, neither could she know that Seju would breakdown by that.

last edited at Jul 25, 2016 4:24PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

It's kind of hard to believe that Sumin x Sungji's relationship will work well in long term, no? To me it's extremely hard to believe that Seju x Nami's relationship will do. It's not like it is impossible to make Nami x Seju happen, but it would need many chapters focusing only on developing Nami's character + Seju being able to completely let go of Sumin + Nami x Seju in which I would highly doubt that Team Gaji would even wanna try.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Nami's admittance to Sumin that she should not blame Seju means she admitted her defeat. She could never have Seju's love.

I see, you interpreted it that way.

The breaking down of Seju entails that "SHE HAD ENOUGH". She knew exactly what Nami wants, her body, her love not because she cares for Sumin.

She brokedown out of recalling her lifetime mistake; sleeping with the bartender.

Thus, if she is really a friend, Nami could have given time explaining things to Sumin. But she didn't.

Did you mean Nami should have given Seju time to explain her telling on redhead to Sumin? Seju didn't ask for it. Also, it would hurt Sumin too if she knew the truth.

Anyway, I really don't think that Nami is Sumin's good friend. Also, I don't think you should bother judging whether Nami is a friend of anyone's or not, if all you need is to know whether she can be Seju's lover.

Nami is a fox too. But in most Aesop's fable, a sly fox who lies and tricks people.

iirc, at first, all Sumin wanted was to sleep with Sungji too. It's wdfts for you; everyone can be a fox.

If you say that Nami didn't hurt Seju, she did! By straying Sumin and encouraging her to live a life like hers.

Could you explain this part bit more clearly?

That is why the character Seju "EXTREMELY" dislikes her even banning her to enter the company without permission. She can only enter if she is with Sumin. For Seju didn't, not even once, stop Sumin from doing what she wants.

There is no evidence implying that Seju dislikes Nami because she thinks Nami is not really Sumin's friend, neither is there any implies that Seju dislikes Nami because Nami did hurt her. I think Seju finds Nami annoying, that's all.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Breaking up with Sumin and starting dating Nami would be considered as a nested nightmares imo.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

It really feels out of nowhere for them to end up together. If that would happen it would be only to give someone to Seju.

I don't understand how Nami hurting Seju makes any sense as to why they might be together. And if she hurt her, that was because she used Sumin for that. Seju could care less if it had anything else to do besides Sumin.

What im trying to say is, yes Nami is not a bad character for the story (she is not there just to exist, but plays a role in the story, ane has her own distinctive persona) but she could even betray her friend to get what she wants.
So even if she is fine for the story, i would just dislike it if they ended up together. I think Seju deserves better after all of this.

Also eccentric introvert? Doesn't that still make her introvert? I cant imagine Sungji being an extrovert

last edited at Jul 30, 2016 6:32PM

joined Jul 24, 2016

I think Sungi is an extrovert, if going by the definitions that she acts before she thinks (like when she took a taxi impulsively to see Sumin at the funeral home) and also by the definition that she gets her energy from other people because when you think about about it, Sungji is always surrounded by people like at home with her brother and sister in law, at work with coworkers interacting with her, and her free time either with Sumin or her friends. I guess when you think extrovert you think of someone outgoing, expressive and such (maybe like Nami? But since Sungji is more reserved she doesn't appear as a typical extrovert)
In my opinions the extroverts would be Sungji and Nami (act before thinking/ being surrounded by people usually)
the introverts would be Sumin and Seju (think before acting/ often seen be themselves, if not with one other person)
Also I feel like Nami's role in the story was to give some clarity to what Sumin really feels about Seju (like them talking about how Seju is seeing marriage partners, which Sumin seems a little annoyed about, or even Nami straight up telling Sumin that she has feelings for Seju) I do think Nami is very insightful, and she does give some perspective to Sumin as a friend, but she has her own desires (ex. wanting to sleep with seju, which could be a two way test, seeing if she can get with seju and to test the relationship Sumin has with Seju as she sees Sumin and Sungji becoming closer, and wonders if there will be a big obstacle when Sungji, Sumin, and Seju tangle up with each other with their feelings) so in that way she could be trying to look out for Sumin.

Seju doesn't hate Nami, but I feel like they wouldn't get together because she only has eyes for Sumin, and when Nami asked if she disliked her she responded saying she didn't give her much thought. Maybe they will bring in a new character for Seju? I also feel like Nami would remind Seju of Sumin if she tried to go to her after the whole break up with Sumin. THIS IS all if the writer really decides to completely seperate Seju and Sumin.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

So, due to some health reasons, there will be no chapter updates until August the 25th. Thought I'd let you guys know, if you haven't already.

last edited at Aug 1, 2016 4:17PM

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Plot twist: It's a healing story cause Nami's gonna stub her toe in a later chapter and there'll be a follow up chapter showing how it heals. As for Sumin, Sungji and Seju, they'll all die cruel, painful and long deaths.

Lmfao. The only comment that makes sense.... haven't been here in awhile.

last edited at Aug 11, 2016 3:49AM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Foxy lady
My point is that if Nami does love Seju, and Seju doesn't hate her, then I ship Seju x Nami. To me why she befriended Sumin, her way of explaining things to Sumin, what kind of fox she actually is, are not important. I would say all Seju needs is someone who really loves her, and it doesn't matter how nice or bad that person really is. Anyway, Seju doesn't seem like she can ever let go of Sumin.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

The fact that Nami could be all sitting and watching Seju being in that tragic relationship with Sumin for 10 years makes me doubt that she really loves Seju.

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

Sooooooooooooooo? Any news?

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Sooooooooooooooo? Any news?

Chapter 56 will be updated on August 29. Also starting this month, WDFS will no longer be updated weekly. It will be updated every 10 days, on the 9, 19, and 29 every month.

last edited at Aug 25, 2016 6:52AM

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

Chapter 56 will be updated on August 29. Also starting this month, WDFS will no longer be updated weekly. It will be updated every 10 days, on the 9, 19, and 29 every month.

Thank you for these unpleasant news т_т

12832548_732179150258573_3468752615206849752_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

Lezhin have just published the new CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy it :)

Thousand Scars
Hair_stars
joined Apr 14, 2016

The new chapter makes me laugh.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Has Seju decided to move on without Sumin or Has she not?
Now I still don't know.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

I can't believe Seju says she loves Sung ji. Does she really say that?

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Not sure who uttered those last words. Was it Sumin or Seju? Would be a little surprised if it was Seju.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Not sure who uttered those last words. Was it Sumin or Seju? Would be a little surprised if it was Seju.

Sumin.

joined Feb 4, 2016

Who cares about the long wait, I am just so GLAD that the eng version is now being released at the same time :)))

Sumin.

I don't think so. I am like 99% sure it's Seju. The "I know" part is hers (from previous convo), as well as the "now I know". Remember that Seju was very surprised when Sumin drop the I love you word to her, because she was always under the impression that Sumin hated her. So it makes all the sense that she said "now I know", because she finally realized Sumin's true feelings to her.

She getting her hair cut short might means that Seju wants to drag Sumin to get back to their old days (back when she has her hair short, bringing back the first love vibe). Because now she knows Sumin still loves her.

last edited at Aug 28, 2016 11:10AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

^Yeah. But the words about loving Sungji and Seju is from Sumin.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Who cares about the long wait, I am just so GLAD that the eng version is now being released at the same time :)))

"Miss Ju" -.-

She getting her hair cut short might means that Seju wants to drag Sumin to get back to their old days (back when she has her hair short, bringing back the first love vibe). Because now she knows Sumin still loves her.

Lucky Seju then, it would have been worse if she were bald back then. Jkd, imo cutting your hair short means that you have committed to something. Seju might have already decided on cutting tie with Sumin, or clinging to Sumin till the end of the world.

Plot twist: Seju cuts her hair so that she can look good with Nami.

last edited at Aug 29, 2016 9:02AM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Re-read the chapter again, and yeah it was Seju who said "I know" and "Now I know" while recalling the words Sumin said to her earlier. Was a little bit confused there.

To reply you must either login or sign up.