Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

^
I've seen everything from Lynch. Inland Empire is special, can't say if I liked it but it was interesting. It somehow reminded me of his first work, Eraserhead. (Probably his most disturbing and at the same time fascinating piece.)
I think Lynch's film are something you've got to watch several times, and you feel them before understanting (if that's even possible) and analyzing them. I personally watch a David Lynch's movie for the sensations and the emotions I'll have while watching it. There's no logic with Lynch, only a lyrical, oneiric and visual mesmerizing beauty that words can't explain.

last edited at Aug 20, 2016 11:00PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

@Suosiki, Well, Carpenter for whatever reason thinks Escape form LA is better than Escape from NY. Like in an interview from 2015 he said.

Well, give it a few more years. Escape from L.A. is better than the first movie. Ten times better. It’s got more to it. It’s more mature. It’s got a lot more to it. I think people didn’t like it because they felt it was a remake, not a sequel.

last edited at Aug 20, 2016 11:00PM

Afterhours37675l
joined Aug 18, 2016

@Utoptia I basically agree with you. I think I have a good idea of what David Lynch's films mean, including Inland Empire, but words don't do the experience of watching them justice.

I feel a similar way about Ikuhara's works (speaking of Utena and Penguindrum here.)

@ZuljinRaynor Mature is an interesting way of putting it. I just found it completely over the top.

Although, In The Mouth Of Madness showed that Carpenter can do subtlety when he wants to... he just chooses not to, most of the time :p

last edited at Aug 20, 2016 11:57PM

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

Aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww.............................

Seriously man, I'm in total awe right now. I loved that show!!!!

I haven't felt like this about a TV show in a veeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy long time!
Nez if you didn't have a problem with horror movies I'm sure you'd love it as well.
Technically it's not a horror show but more like a mystery, sci-fi, superpower thing, however, it's still pretty scary sometimes.
That show has everything anyone could ever want from a show!
It has the 80s charm, the story, lovely characters, great actors, the tension, the atmosphere even the music! The pacing is great too – no dragging – it's right to the point. It's amazing. It makes you laugh, it almost makes you cry – okay, it actually made me cry - it gives you the shivers, it has you sitting on the edge of your seat. It makes you feel with the characters! It makes you fall in love with it! It's nearly perfect!

And the story is good to the end! A lot of shows leave you feeling like „What was that?“ or „Yeah.... right... so that's it, huh?“. But not here. It's pretty down to earth for a supernatural show. Nothing too far-fetched.

It kinda felt like a mix of Stand by me, ET, with a little bit of Alien and even some Silent Hill vibes... AMAZING!

Hahhhhhhh....... I'm in love!
Gonna go to bed now.....

Go and watch Stranger Things!

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Just watched "The Witch" yesterday...it was actually a pretty decent movie tbh; I mean, it wasn't impressive and most of the character irked me other than the main female protagonist, but that ending though, it made up so much for the awfully annoying and painfully cringey side characters (which all met with violent deaths). As much as I dislike religious topics in horror movies I do enjoy them when evil manages to triumph in the end, sadly only few horror films dares to pull this off and not cop out and let the good guys win, the few I know of are, "The Last Exorcism II, Lazarus Effect, The Atticus Institute, and The Haunting of Molly Hartly.

And on the topic of all time top 5 movies/franchises, I'd say mine will be:

1) The World's End
2) Evil Dead: Army of Darkness
3) The Cabin in the Woods
4) Insidious
5) Resident Evil

On a separate note though, what was the entry anime for everyone? I actually got into watching anime with Rosairo + Vampire ^ ^" actually, most of my early watchlist consisted primarily of ecchi series like Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou and Omamori Himari. Which kinda helped to make me realize that I am attracted to girls considering I had crushes on some of the characters in the anime mentioned, like Etou Fujiko from Daimaou, Himari from Omamori Himari and Moka from R+V. Though it's rather ironic that I dislike the ecchi/harem genre nowadays when I started anime on them.

last edited at Aug 21, 2016 2:40AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

The weird side of YouTube have some nice things sometimes, this is hilarious omg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl7qMeAveLQ

Seems to be from some HK drama lol

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Rina that list has movie which is in my top 10 list: army of darkness.

Also, everyone seemed to go to sleep so late, guess I'll be alone here for a while.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Galich haha, not everyone.. it's embarrassing, but last night I fell asleep having the phone in my hand with the Dynasty's page opened in the browser .. xD hah, I feel so old.. I don't have the energy to stay awake all the night xD

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

gg blackkitty D:

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@CCL who are you to judge you drunkard v:

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

A drunk who doesn't fall asleep with their phone in hand and a page open D:

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Touché.

Still, superior investigation skills.

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

Hi everyone! (^_____°)/

I'm still high ^^
I went to bed totally happy and now I got up totally happy.... I feel good.
When's the last time a TV show or a movie did that to you...?

I'm still in love!

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Anon glad to hear you're in a good mood!

I can say that the last time I felt high thanks to books was around 3 weeks ago when I've finished a 10 tomes long series about history of Poland >.>

Probably never had such a feeling with TV and movies.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Anon is high why are they a druggie or something D:

That sounds awesome Galich D:

Politics is so annoying =.=

Owen Smith running as a unity candidate when hundreds of thousands of party members hate him and the PLP's idea of unity seems to be "if you're on the left, of course you deserve to be removed from the party. And no you don't get your money back".

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon wow, I might envy you a bit^^ in a good way, I mean. For me.. it's been years since the last time.. I hope you will enjoy the good mood as long as possible :)

@Galich wow.. again^^ if I ever go to Poland, I will hire you as a tour guide :)

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Blackkitty :P A few months ago I was a guide for my friend that came from Finland.

@CCL well, we have booze, Anon has drugs.

I have too much spare time on me hands >.>

Had to wait 3 months to get the last three books of the Net. I was so happy that I finally managed to collect them all.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Galich so you are an experienced tour guide.. yeey, I'm lucky!
I have the booze litres of booze I won't even drink. xD
So knowing so much about your country you should really love it^^

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Blackkitty well, it's more of a love-hate relationship :P

Well, you can also work the bartender of D. Cafe!

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Galich sounds like a passionate relationship :P

I've always thought that they should teach us more national history in high school, I don't know if it's deliberate but they fail at doing so.

Nope, Anon is better suited fot the position, she manages quite wall the Cafe Polls.
Plus I am perfectly content with bein the butler, they dont attract attention^^

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@Anon - hmmm…I think I would have to say Transit Girls, it was actually pretty nice, and Japan's first yuri live action drama.

and it seems like no one noticed my qn aha ^ ^"

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Mom finally took me for my a levels are done celebration steak, and typically I forgot my ID and got ID'd, whereas yesterday when I remembered it I didn't >_>

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Anon99

Oh, I could probably handle Stranger Things. It's just where my head's at right now I'm not actually watching much of anything.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@BK agreed that there should be a bigger focus on one's country history in education, even if only to make people aware of mistakes from the past.

That would leave you Butler, Anon and bartender. Hmm, CCL could work conferencier.

@Rina shoot, totally missed that question >.> Sorry about that.

I do remember googling "good anime for beginners", the main result was Ouran Highschool Club (talking about related posts!). It did it's job, since I'm here.

On a side note, that's a very nice way of finding out you like girls!

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I could what D:

To reply you must either login or sign up.