Forum › Moderate amounts of sex discussion

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

I've always wondered what the metric that is used to distinguish "moderate amounts of sex" and "lots of sex".

Is it based on the number of panels? On the amount of pages? On the percentage of the work devoted to sex?

And why is there a category for one further step up--"insane amounts of sex"--but not one for a further step down--say, "minor amount of sex"?

Obviously, this is something that needs studied, researched, and codified.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's an art, not a science.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Good luck on your thesis Thor o/

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Maybe add a Totally Absurd Amounts of Sex tag, for good measure?

last edited at Jul 6, 2016 10:18PM

Sakamoto%20nichijou%20tissues-min
joined Jan 20, 2016

Maybe add a Totally Absurd Amounts of Sex tag, for good measure?

If The Dog's Desire and the Reality of Discipline is Insane Amounts of Sex then what would you suggest to be Totally Absurd Amounts of Sex or it doesn't exist...yet?

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

This? :D

It's fewer pages though... But more couples!

last edited at Jul 6, 2016 10:51PM

Sakamoto%20nichijou%20tissues-min
joined Jan 20, 2016

This? :D

It's fewer pages though... But more couples!

Holy moly... ummm... yeah I think that would deserve that tag. Didn't know we had that here. So many different couples. Was it me or did it seem to suffer from quantity of couples and lack of quality couple time?

Nisshoku
joined Jan 9, 2017

Moderate amounts of palling around...
Just need to record April Fools changes for the sake of posterity.

last edited at Apr 1, 2018 2:27AM

joined Aug 25, 2016

Moderate amounts of palling around...
Just need to record April Fools changes for the sake of posterity.

Is it bad that I don't even notice it's the first?

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

You might be a bit out of sync with life but well so am I so

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Poomy posted:

I didn't realize it was the first until after seeing the gal pals tag several times in a row and wondering what was up with that. Then again I'd actually completely forgotten April Fool's was coming up in the first place.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

Poomy posted:

I didn't realize it was the first until after seeing the gal pals tag several times in a row and wondering what was up with that. Then again I'd actually completely forgotten April Fool's was coming up in the first place.

I'm always too painfully aware of it, because it is the day you can't trust anyone and my default respond to anyone's claim is "April's Fool".

last edited at Apr 1, 2018 8:45PM

joined Sep 6, 2018

@Thor: I wholly agree, but it’s hard to find people with time and intelligence to pursue such a topic for free. Other people are too busy reading this stuff instead of analyzing it. Better to leave this to pondering philosophers.

Oh, and to answer your question: “insane amounts of sex” is a category of manga for artists who believe: “I can top that.” And NSFW tag is good enough for the slight/implied/imagined sex when one or more naked people are standing around in a room doing anything else other than sex.

To reply you must either login or sign up.