Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

@Galich
Accepted your invite on Steam (was surprised to see Russia though).

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

@Gengar I hate the fact that I've seen this and enjoyed/laughed at it. What I hate, even more than this, is that I've seen the original as well as his vid on weeaboos trash and his song on weeaboos more trash Mercy on my soul... also, I love your music taste.

I honestly thought the Weeaboo video by Filthy Frank was hilarious, at least the first half. The second half was a bit too crazy for me but there were still some good jokes in there.
And I apparently love your taste in music too then. Even kinda makes up for your inferior taste in pets.

Edit: So I just found out... It just doesn't stop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgkLlhlNS4g

@OriginalGengar Noticed that rap is really popular among Germans. Is that the case?

I guess? It's kind of a hard question to answer because I don't really care for German Rap most of the time and because I live in Hamburg which is like, germany's rap capital.
I definitely know that the rap scene in germany is somewhat deep rooted, going back to like 1980 and that there are quite a few German rap artists that get into the charts from time to time. So I guess rap is bigger in Germany than it is in other countries? Don't really have anything to campare it's popularity to, though.

Especially liked The Rugged Man - Uncommon Valor (that's some brutal stuff... but true unfortunately...gave me goosebumps, man...)

Notsofun fact, the R.A part was about the experiences of his father in the Vietnam War.

However, I am well aware that there is a lot more to Rap than just that. And you proved it.

That's good to hear, haha. Rap often gets a bad reputation so I feel good about myself now.

I also like Daft Punk. One of my favorites is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtdWHFwmd2o
The hymn of our modern times ;)

My favorite of them is probably Alive 2007 (like, the whole album. It's sooo good, The way they mixed their songs is incredible. Favorites from the album are Touch it - Technologic and Around The World - Harder Better Faster Stronger). I also really like Giorgio by Moroder which I still think is one of the best songs in history, on like a musical level.

last edited at Jul 6, 2016 1:55AM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

You must count your blessings Galich

Every time I think about that, it reminds me of how amazing of an invention the Internet is. Without it, I probably would have never taken up as many interests as I have. Then I go online and remember that even people whom I dislike have access to it as well >.> I'm pretty bad at looking at the bright side of things, aren't I?

@Galich
Accepted your invite on Steam (was surprised to see Russia though).

Oh god, I totally forgot to not mind the information given on my Steam profile. Sorry about that.

Edit: So I just found out... It just doesn't stop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgkLlhlNS4g

Honestly, after many years spent on getting annoyed about crap on the Internet, I came to completely ignore it. It's not worth anyone's nerves. Doesn't change the fact it still annoys me a great deal.

I guess? It's kind of a hard question to answer because I don't really care for German Rap most of the time and because I live in Hamburg which is like, germany's rap capital.
I definitely know that the rap scene in germany is somewhat deep rooted, going back to like 1980 and that there are quite a few German rap artists that get into the charts from time to time. So I guess rap is bigger in Germany than it is in other countries? Don't really have anything to campare it's popularity to, though.

That's the exact thing. Every time I've asked one of your people about that, they've pretty much replied in the same word-to-word way. It's either a great international conspiracy to make the rest of the rap fans feel inadequate, or you just enjoy rap from other countries.

That's good to hear, haha. Rap often gets a bad reputation so I feel good about myself now.

I honestly don't get it why so many people bash it so much.

Yet another random question for you fellow citizens of Dynasty's Cafeville from the self proclaimed co-host Galich. What was the series that dragged you into anime/manga?

last edited at Jul 6, 2016 5:29AM

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Galich

Hey, congrats!
That's really great, I'm happy for you! (^__^)b
That must be a load off your mind now that you finally got your results...

Thank you for all the recommendations!
I already know a few of those but as soon as my reading mood is back I'll be sure to check out the rest.

He he he ^^ I used to be like that as well. My best friend used to be my dictionary ;)
It was the best time of my life, so I wouldn't say that's a bad thing at all. (^__^)

Oh and regarding your anime and manga question:
Anime-wise it was Cowboy Bebop, X and Escaflowne for me.
As for manga it was One Piece and Majin-Devil.

@ Blackkitty

I wish I could list other french tv or web shows for you but at the moment nothing comes to mind, sorry...

And don't be so greedy ^^ Berries taste really good without yoghurt as well ;P

Sounds kinda nice, if you put it like that...
I think I've said it somewhere around here before but I always – well, maybe not always but let's say in hindsight – liked the kind of people better that just go out there and confront life head on. People who are just a part of it and mingle...
I can be alone and be happy so that does make you independent somehow, yes. it might even add a few facets to life but I consider it a burden as well.
I am good with people, however, most of the time I just prefer not being among them. That is not because I don't like them nor do I think they are not worth my time it's just that being alone makes me much happier most of the time. Not exactly a recipe for being a team player or being a part of something. (^_^“)

he he he ^^ And I also find it kinda hilarious that a lot of people here are translators ;)
I went to college to become a translator as well. Can't stand interpreting either (because you can't do that alone in your room ^^) and same problems as the ones you mentioned... Funny indeed...

@ ari-chan

That's really sweet, trying to encourage me, thanks! (=^_^=)

That sounds like a really complex story you got there ^^
It is good to know upfront where you're intending to go with your story. You know, the overall structure. But overthinking it does only make it harder, I guess. I think the best way to go about it is to develop the details as you go. When you have that flow a lot of things just come naturally. I always loved that feeling of inspiration. It's just sad that I don't feel it often anymore...

@ HeiAli

Another European! It's a European invasion in here! (☉__☉ )
Just kidding (◦’ںˉ◦)

Well... raw manga are pretty hard to find here in Germany as well. You have to buy those at special import shops and that is not exactly cheap either. I think that goes for most countries. Except for Japan of course ;)

@ Alvis

And how do you know I wouldn't like that? ;P

@ OriginalGengar

Oh, you can feel good about yourself ^^ You deserve that, mister! ;)

That remix version of Technologic is also really good! (^_^)b
(Still like the original at the end better though... ^^“)
Giorgio By Moroder sounds great! (>_<) \m/
I think I'm off to listen to the whole LP now.... he he
Did I mention that I really loooove music before...? ^^

last edited at Jul 6, 2016 7:30AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon99 well, not a problem, some other time :)
oh, I'm not greedy, not at all - my prevailing sins are gluttony, and sometimes sloth and pride xD so why to eat only berries when it could be: https://gradcontent.com/lib/300x225/berries-pudding.jpg xD
the irony here is that I haven't learnt how to cook properly yet...

hihi the same text, different translators xD
I usually avoid crowds/places with many people because they literally give me a headache. And gradually kind of learned to appreciate my own company(in my head is not that much exciting tough), so I see the good sides of both types of people.
Maybe you are made to play chess.
hahaha, seriously? what to say... a coincidence? xD though I don't know, I'm thinking about another degree. Interpretation gives you the freedom of improvisation, while for texts - it's a rarity.
hahah, I've just pictured you as one of those diligent translators who check their work 100 times, making sure that even a single extra space isn't left.

last edited at Jul 6, 2016 3:08PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Galich well, there are other options as well, it's not only freelancing. But you know that well from your parents. And if you invest some money/hard work you could live decently after some time.

What happened to your results? Are they out.. it's hard to follow sometimes.
I've never read manga/watched anime in Bulgarian, it wouldn't feel natural somehow... personally, I prefer English subtitles better, love hearing the Japanese.
I've started with Bleach and Yoruichi, I guess xD

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I've started with Bleach and Yoruichi, I guess xD

=.=

I want to judge, but my first manga was Death Note, which is only a little better, the first ship Misa and Sayu.

1,100 posts and the key to not getting banned was post in small bursts every few months.

last edited at Jul 6, 2016 3:47PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Why is everyone hating on Death Note? Death Note was awesome.
First anime I've watched was Dragon Ball, obviously. But the first anime that really got me into anime and manga was One Piece. Don't know what my first ship was but the furthest back I can remember was Spike and Faye or Mugen and Fuu. Whichever I watched first, I don't know.
Like, back then I didn't even know what shipping even is, but I guess those would be mine? Again, I don't know, it's been a while. I just remember thinking they'd get together while watching.

That's the exact thing. Every time I've asked one of your people about that, they've pretty much replied in the same word-to-word way. It's either a great international conspiracy to make the rest of the rap fans feel inadequate, or you just enjoy rap from other countries.

It's probably just really hard to judge if you're "in the scene", haha.

I honestly don't get it why so many people bash it so much.

Same reason most things get bashed, lack of knowledge, i guess. Rap does have the image of being exclusively about gangstas doing gangsta things.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I wasn't hating, just saying it wasn't that much better than Bleach >_>

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yeah it is.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Chocolate oh, hate me dear, I want to see that!

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Hate face >:D

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Hate face >:D

good, now you have 1102 posts^^

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I don't get it, does that make me dumb? ;__;

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@OriginalGengar I suppose. Same went with many other genres of music, people are just plain ignorant and affraid of stuff they don't understand.

I still believe that there's a global conspiracy connected with German rap scene tho :P

@ChocolateCakeLover Surprising how you've managed to get 1100 posts so quickly while writing with taking a few month breaks.

@Blackkitty Well, the topic is getting more and more popular :P Well, working as a freelancer makes you more money. Guess no one from my family's ever been good with money, me included. Being your own boss can be both a blessing and a curse tho.

Yup, got them already. Quite happy with the overall results, got 93 out of 100 points for the degrees I'm applying for.
Will see if that's sufficent or not. The wait is killing me!

@Anon Glad to see I'm not the only one who has found the biggest companionship in grammar books.

Meanwhile, no one has noticed that I haven't answered my own question D:

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Last summer I spent most of the day refreshing the forums because I knew how to enjoy life.

Galich answer your own question D:

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Blackkitty

Talking about sins... Mine are sloth, sloth + sloth and especially whenever I can't stand something I tend to be a real sloth... ^^
I can live with the rest though ;)

Ah, I always wanted to be a reptile! Eating once or twice a month would suffice.
Everything else is just a bother... Having to cook every day... Meh...
However, I'm pretty decent at preparing meals. The secret is to only use good ingredients ^^
If you only take the good stuff and mix it together – and don't burn it ;) - it can't possibly taste bad.
As long as you're not going for some strange experiments... ^^

No... I'm made to be a writer!!! ;)
I wish...

Well... it sounds funny at first but I think it can be explained as follows: ^^
People who like manga and anime tend to be interested in the culture and language as well. Some can get enthusiastic about other languages and cultures on top of that so aiming for a degree like that is not too far-fetched, I guess... It's still funny though... he he ;)

My dream was to translate novels and poems. But that's practically impossible as long as you're not a writer yourself, so... well... that's that.
I am not very confident overall but I bet I would have been great at that! I was soooo damn good with the German language and I used to live for writing, reading and translating... I bet I could have made it... But fuck it! ^^

As for you, it might not be a bad idea to get another degree as long as you can find the motivation to do so...

And you described me pretty well there ;) At least most of the time...

@ ChocolateCakeLove

Hey there! (^_^)v
You seem to be pretty focused on avoiding to get banned ^^
What's with that obsession? I'm kinda curious...

@ Galich

Yeah, time to answer your own question! ;)

last edited at Jul 6, 2016 5:59PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I don't really remember why really, I think my posts were just generally annoying and so each time I'd hit another hundred posts, for the first few at least, I'd make a comment about not getting banned yet.

joined Jun 22, 2016

Sounds like an OCD to me ^^
Just kidding!

Well... as long as you don't directly attack people or annoy the mods all the time I think you're gonna be okay...

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Too late, Nezchan already hates me, it's a fact of life D:

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Eh, we're still here. Everything's fine.

joined Jun 22, 2016

Maybe she just wants to show you that she cares... (^_^")

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Guys let me have my false drama ;_____;

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Nope, never going to say that. Not until me death.
Ouran Highschool Host Club and K-ON. My tastes in anime.. have changed quite a bit since then.
First slash was probably Yukari and Nyamo from Azumanga Daioh.

@ChocolateCakeLover #Nez-chanGate

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

Yet another random question for you fellow citizens of Dynasty's Cafeville from the self proclaimed co-host Galich. What was the series that dragged you into anime/manga?

i love one piece since a kid, even i don't know
what anime is, enter high school i watch the world god only know and it got me to Anime /manga until today

To reply you must either login or sign up.