Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Blackkitty

Well, if you hand me a few bricks as well I might be able to just do that! ^^
But I wouldn’t really trust my sense of proportion...
Might end up looking like this after all:
http://www.urlaubstadt.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Der-Schiefe-Turm-Von-Pisa-3.jpg
Just with a yoghurt pot on top! ;)

Or I’ll built a fort and we can play Game of Thrones on the beach! (^_^)v
http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_640x430/public/sandcastleprimary.png

Boku dake ga Inai Machi is on my watch list.
It sounds interesting so I’m looking forward to that.
I liked the second season of Tokoy Ghoul. The first one was lacking something in my opinion. Never watched Samurai X but I read a few volumes of the manga...

@ adyatma16

Have you ever watched NANA?
I always liked the tension between those two...
And Kurau was really sweet as well.
Not your typical yuri story but very good.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Yup, born/raised/living in here etc. (third generation of living in here and the only one that isn't found of this country). The level of English lessons is a bit better, then again I was tutored by a British man.
That show seems like it's worth giving it a shot, plus judging by your favourites list (also loved Ghost in the Shell to death, although the new movies are much more meh) we have a similar taste in anime. Texhnolyze I never got to watch, Psycho-Pass was good but I felt a bit disappointed. I still remember my confusion over Serial Experiments Lain. Actually, my all time favourite anime has got to be Steins; Gate and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Judging by conventions I've attended, most of my preferred titles are not well liked in this part of Europe. Shows like Another and Full Metal Alchemist seem to be doing much better.
As far as gaming is concerned, I'm mostly grinding strategy games these days. Wasted the most hours on all of Deus Ex titles (yes, I'm a cyberpunk junkie) and GTA. Quite a big leap forward with my taste.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon The tower of pisa, is that some allusion to your Italian descent? xD anyway, if you want to venture with a yoghurt pot on top, i guess i should include some reinforced concrete with the bricks...
I've never played Game of Throns, but I feel slightly worried that someone might end up being killed...

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Galich

Well… I’m not so fond of Germany either. But I can’t really complain since we’re doing pretty good so far.

Yeah, give it a shot! It’s only 12 episodes so you won’t be wasting too much time either ;)
I also like the old GitS stuff better, both movies (1995 + 2004) and both seasons of the Stand Alone Complex tv series. I’ve only watched a few episodes of Arise.
Texhnolyze is cyberpunk, so maybe you should give that one a try sometime or another...
I always liked the twisted atmosphere it has. (I’m a real sucker for good atmosphere, I know...) And I loved the whole idea behind Psycho Pass. It’s just such a complex and mindblowing concept. The show probably could have been a bit better but it’s still a little masterpiece in my opinion. Most innovative story concept in recent movie and tv history.
Never thought so much about anything that isn’t even real before ^^
I’m kinda ashamed to admit it but I’ve never watched Steins;Gate... (^_^”)
I’ve watched one or two episodes and put it on my watch list (because I thought it was really good) but it’s been there for like... I don’t know... 4 years or so... I really don’t know why I do this sometimes...
Serial Experiments Lain is perfect when you wanna dive into another world for a while. Works best if you don’t leave the house for a few days. That’s what I did last time I watched it. I even kept the curtains closed and talked to no one. Only listening to techno music and in the middle of the night I watched this show. It’s better than drugs ^^
And YAY!!! for Deus Ex! ^^b

@ Blackkitty

Maybe so ;)
I actually wanted to add a picutre of a wonky castle but couldn’t find one ^^
Surprising, ain’t it?
My ancestors must never have built anything...

Yeah... a lot of people get killed in gruesome ways in that TV show...
I always liked The Walking Dead better. But lately it just sucks... sorry, but can’t find a better word. I just can’t stand it when they ruin something that used to be good...

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon who would've wanted their wonky castle documented in a picture xD
anyway, what is left is to see if you are a legitimate successor of your ancestors,
at worst, I guess, the high tide will rise, taking away the castle back to the dark abyss of the night sea, leaving behind the remnants of another idle summer day on the beach. So watch out for the yoghurt on the top xD

yes, I followed the series up to the point where they massacred everyone I liked xd

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Anon99
Wow, you've got a good solid list! I'm relieved to not see Sword Art Online. Also, we have really similar tastes in anime :D My favorite...is probably Berserk (even though I bawl my eyes out every time) Or Sailor Moon due to nostalgia reasons...Fate/Zero isn't my favorite but it's definitely up there. Have you seen the new Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works? It's really good and it's kind of funny to hear Japanese people speak German. Railgun is so underrated in my opinion. Of all the anime with supernatural abilities, I feel like Railgun is definitely more quality. You're also the only one I've spoken to who even knows about Paradise Kiss; most people just know her most popular work Nana. Kill la Kill is hilarious, I love Mako because she is a coconut head. I am a sucker for romance so I think My Little Monster or Ao Haru Ride are my favorites :3

As for video games, I'm not a huge gamer at all. But the games I do play, I play constantly. I am an avid Dark Souls (1,2,&3) player as well as Bloodborne. I love ingenuity and combat from those games. The game Catherine is ranked pretty high for me because I love the story, the questions, the sheep, and the puzzles! I also love little RPG-Maker games such as The Crooked Man or Always Sometimes Monsters. My problem with a lot of games is that I've heard of the titles but I just haven't played them D: Oh, and Binding of Issac is super fun because of the synergies and each run is different.

Do you have a PSN or Steam account I could add you on? This extends to everyone else too~

Blank-face-emoji
joined Mar 8, 2016

Is this thread just made recently?

Sakamoto%20nichijou%20tissues-min
joined Jan 20, 2016

@Ruequi Yeah, about 4-5ish days ago. It's nice to meet you.

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

@ Meursault

Hey, good that you’re back!
(Side note: I only mentioned football because you asked what I was doing T_T)
I have a recommendation for you.
Do you know Zodiac, the 2007 film by David Fincher?
If you like crime thrillers you should definitely watch that one!
I’m not saying it’s like Monster but **it has this really dark and gut-wrenching atmosphere... **
Exactly my kind of thing ;)

@Anon99
SO, NOT THAT I LEFT, (tried to work this week, took up a lot of my time) but heeyy sure that sounds cool. I might have heard about it idk lmao, I'll check it out this weekend maybe :)

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

@anon99 i haven't watch it yet since i dont watch any old anime

@galich we share same favorites! i want to drink and wear lab coat so badly haha , oh and i like nozomu-sensei sing in the last season too

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

As for video games, I'm not a huge gamer at all. But the games I do play, I play constantly. I am an avid Dark Souls (1,2,&3) player as well as Bloodborne. I love ingenuity and combat from those games. The game Catherine is ranked pretty high for me because I love the story, the questions, the sheep, and the puzzles! I also love little RPG-Maker games such as The Crooked Man or Always Sometimes Monsters. My problem with a lot of games is that I've heard of the titles but I just haven't played them D: Oh, and Binding of Issac is super fun because of the synergies and each run is different.

Do you have a PSN or Steam account I could add you on? This extends to everyone else too~

All I have is a Steam account (don't have any consoles). Also, huge respect for grinding Binding of Isaac, I would've died after playing it for more than a few minutes.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

You're also the only one I've spoken to who even knows about Paradise Kiss; most people just know her most popular work Nana.

really? it's only natural to check out her other works...

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Ruequi

Hello there! ^^
And welcome! Yes, it’s pretty new… you can join and tell us about the shows or games you like. Or just anything that comes to mind, relly (^_^)v

I still love muteKi for the random earbuds recommendation! (♥ε♥)

@ Meursault

Oh, I always admired hard working people! ^^
Always wished I’d be one of them someday...
Still wishing though... ;)
Let me know if you liked it when you get a chance to watch. ^^b

@ adyatma16

Now you make me feel old… o_O
Just kidding.
I know old animation can look a bit rusty sometimes... but that doesn’t spoil the story... for me at least.

@ Blackkitty

You have to document failure as well, right? ;)
Showing others how NOT to do it ^^

Oh, no! There’s enough plastic floating around in the seas already. So no yoghurt pot on top after all... Don’t wanna add to the pollution...

Which show are you talking about? TWD or Game of Thrones?
I’m not sure ‘cause a lot get killed in both ^^

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

@anon99 at least i watch strawberry panic and its good, maybe i will try nana as well

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Alvis

Gosh... Sword Art Online... I forced myself to watch the first season. The one good thing I can say about it is that it was a “fast watch” as I like to call it. So it doesn’t feel like an eternity to make it through... But apart from that... there was nothing good about it. I can see why a lot of boys would like it. Too much silly fanservice for my liking...
I really don’t understand where the hype came from – but I gave it a try at least.
Talking about Berserk: the ending of the original tv series (1997 - 1998) left me feeling so uneasy... That whole Griffith thing… cruelest stuff I ever saw in anime…
Oh and talking about nostalgia: I’m still a One Piece fan when it comes to that ^^b
One Piece is just a part of my life – no matter how old I get... (◦’ںˉ◦)
Nope, haven’t seen the new Fate/Stay Night show.
Only ever watched a few episodes of the original Fate/Stay Night series... Was that one any good? The beginning wasn’t really that catchy at least in my opinion... But I always wanted to give it another try since I liked Fate/Zero...
If you like Railgun have you seen Index as well?
I never liked the main characters there but I adore Accelerator! He’s so sweet for being totally and utterly cray cray ^^ I love it when his voice cracks! ;) (I’m so weird, I know...)
I just love Paradise Kiss – watched it even before NANA – and I also love the soundtrack. There’s a whole CD with a concert of The Babys. I love japanese punk! ^^b
Kill la Kill.... sigh... that’s why I love the Japanese. I mean, who else could make up stories like that? (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥
Now I feel the need to watch My little Monster and Ao Haru Ride... I need my computer back...

Oh, I totally forgot to mention EVE no Jikan - brilliant!

You sound just like a friend of mine there! ^^ He loves Dark Souls and Bloodborne. Bloodborne was the sole reason for him to buy a Playstation 4 console.
I am the proud owner of Dark Souls 1. It’s on my shelf. Never got around to playing it though... Too many things I’d like to do – too short of time...
Never played any of the other games you mentioned either... (^_^”)

Don’t have either, sorry. Now I feel bad... I was just never a networking kind of type...
(º-°)

@ adyatma16

How about Sasameki Koto and Kannazuki no Miko?

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Anon99 Omg, I am that person to buy a PS4 just to play Bloodborne and any other FromSoftware PS4 exclusives they release.

Lol, I forced myself to watch the first season of SAO and ...I just...I couldn't do it. It was so cringey. When I first saw Berserk, I thought Griffith was waifu material...boy was I wrong. Guts is the ultimate waifu. Also, Dark Souls is heavily influenced by Berserk, so please don't let your copy of Dark Souls get too dusty!
The Fate/Stay Night, the older one was pretty bad because it was released by studio DEEN. The newer one released by ufotable is muccchhhh better. The effects and animations are really cool and very fluid and most of all-consistent. I highly recommend it to you for the Japanese German.
You know, my first inclination was to judge you for One Piece but then I thought about it and was relieved it wasn't Naruto. Muwahah~
I tried watching Index but I just couldn't power through that one..the original Railgun and Railgun S were my favorites. I loved the scientist woman in the first Railgun. <3 <3 <3 I love Accelerator's power more than anything. As someone who studies physics, I must have his power. His power is basically physics. Also, I wiki'd it and I think I should try more actively to watch Index because he is in it.
Lol, I loved Satsuki's eyebrows in Kill La Kill. Her eyebrow game is hella strong and unexpectantly fierce

Aww, well it's fine. I don't want to push your boundaries or make you uncomfortable. :3

last edited at Jun 30, 2016 4:31PM

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@anon99 at least i watch strawberry panic and its good, maybe i will try nana as well

@adyatma16
You should watch Yuru Yuri, it 's probably my favorite shoujo-ai just because it's the funniest one.

last edited at Jun 30, 2016 4:33PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I'll be getting a PS4 for Super Robot Wars V and Super Robot Wars OG - The Moon Dwellers as they will have english releases in Asia. Same goes for Gundam Breaker 3 and SD Gundam Generations Genesis (or whatever that game is called). Right now I am waiting for them to announce when the Neo comes out so I can buy that.

My PS3 turned into an import only machine and the PS4 will follow that trend lol.

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

@anon99 i watch sasameki koto its very funny, i like how delusion sumika about kazama

@alvis yuru yuri is also my all time favorite, ayano x kyouko should be canon! kyouko is so random and dragged her friends along is why she has special place in my heart

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Alvis

Lol! It’s a small world, I guess ;)
No matter where I go I tend to attract the same kind of folks ^^

Okay then, I’ll watch Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works!
For the sake of Japanese German! (^_^)b

Hey, what’s wrong with liking One Piece??? Huh? ^^
It’s good for my mental health – because the bad guys always lose at the end :)
I wish life could be like that too... (Insert “heavy sigh” here)

And regarding Index:
Of course he’s in there! That’s the sole reason I mentioned that show to begin with! ^^ Accelerator, I mean. The rest of the show is really not my cup of tea... really boring if you ask me. But Accelerator only ever really shows up on Index so...
Here are the relevant episodes:
Season 1 episode 10 – 14.
He won’t really show up before episode 13 but the story starts with episode 10.
Episodes 19 and 20
Season 2 episode 6 + 7 (the story focuses more on Misaka and Kuroko but he’ll show up eventually).
Episode 17 – 24.
The reason I like Accelerator best is also because he’s the only one who gets some character development. All of the other characters seem to be immune to that somehow ^^

Wow... studying physics... that’s cool. I’m really impressed now...

I love everything about Kill la Kill – that show was just awesome! Also loved Guts – just for being there ^^

Don’t worry, you’re not making me feel uncomfortable. I was just never a social network person or anything that requires to connect to other people online. If I had an account like that, I would add you, no problem.

@ ZuljinRaynor

If I’d get a PS 4, I’d get it for The Last Guardian. In case that one is ever being released ^^

@ adyatma16

Maybe you should give the Sasameki Koto manga a try then.
It’s much better than the anime. And the story is completed as well.
It’s a shame they never made a second season to the anime...

last edited at Jul 1, 2016 6:23PM

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

@anon99 if i watch Anime, where Chapter i shoud continue?

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon99 well, you are right^^ you beat me xD
sorry, I should've been more clear - GoT - it took them 2 seasons to make me quit.. and I actually don't like/watch zombies, probably I'm not really interested in the dead, even if they are walking. but I do have an older sibling who actually rejoice at their bloody massacre...

The other day there was a slight torrential rain <3, and it was great and refreshing. It reminded me of the movie "Kotonoha no Niwa" which offers, among others, some nice rain and greenery and background music.

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ adyatma16

I would start with chapter 12.
Like that you'll get a liitle revision before the new stuff happens...
Here:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sasameki_koto_ch12

@ Blackkitty

Gotta admit, I didn't watch Game of Thrones at first.
Just recently started and I was in the middle of the third season when my computer crashed...
So I had to take a little break... involuntarily...

I know the whole concept of zombies is kinda stupid. There's just no logic behind it. But if you can manage to get past that it is pretty fun. Always liked horror shows. I grew up with the Resident Evil games - played them waaaay before I was even allowed to do so ^^ And as a kid I watched every horror movie I could get a hold of. (^_^)b I was a weird kid...
So... good sibling you have there! ;)

What kind of tv shows do you like?

A little rain is good but torrential sounds a little worrisome...
But that movie sounds like it's worth a watch... Thanks for the recommendation!

Sakamoto%20nichijou%20tissues-min
joined Jan 20, 2016

@Alvis If you like puzzle games, you might enjoy the Professor Layton game series. It's one of my favorite games ever. I don't play video games the way I used to but here's my steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198175127682 .

@Anon99 I loved watching Kill la Kill. My friend suggested it to me saying it was good. The first ep weird me out mainly because I was sitting somewhere where anyone could've seen what I was watching. (That would be awkward to explain.) Then ep 18 came around making me wish she warned me about it. Still one of my favorite anime next to Steins;Gate, Black Lagoon, Strawberry Panic, and Spice and Wolf.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Whoa whoa are we talking games. Zero's Escape series is da bomb...just bought Bloodborne, couldn't really get that into it though. But it usually takes me a while to get into games (Witcher 3 I'm looking at you), so that's probably it...my total gameplay time is like 15 minutes so far.

To reply you must either login or sign up.