Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Okay. Forgotten-promise-between-chilhood-friends-when-one-moved-away check.

Though they are both adorable.

Cjslpfhukaagkoe
joined Nov 11, 2015

dayum that spread page is beautiful

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

This is AnoKiss, so new volume = new couple. You should get used to it by now. =O

I wonder if Canno will further the connexion between the two characters arcs though. Maybe Sawa will remember something while listening to Ayaka's story…

the pixiv bikini groping

Hum… not that I'm curious or anything but… do you have a link…? >.>

Unfortunately it is not as fabulous as it sounds. :( It's #11 on the pixiv stuff gezh linked here: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga_big&illust_id=46199467&page=2

#19 is a close up on the Alice in Wonderland thing I referenced.

Yurine and Ayaka are on their way to being the last couple as well as the first one....

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

dayum that spread page is beautiful

omg yes it was so pretty!!

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

Mizuki and Moe are so cute.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Here and here (top panels), Itsuki gives out such warm feelings. Damn you, Canno, and your adorable girls.

I looked at the raws for 21 and though I am excited to read the translation I am having a hard time figuring out how that relates to Shiramine. You guys did say it was about her somehow? Or her name was just in the title and Canno really was messing with us?

1. You better be hyped af to read it cus I just went from 7pm to 4 am QC-ing this thing and I am dying BUT I'm hanging in there cus the yuri fuels my soul (+ gotta be super tryhard about it cus people are gonna read it)
  2. I hold immense gratitude towards Lyendith for translating this series in two languages so that people can enjoy this fluff

As good as promised! Thank you to you and Lyendith big time! Chapter 19.5 fills in the smoothness needed and really patches up the Ayaka/Yurine focus going into this chapter (21). Seems like Yurine's suggestion to go somewhere with just the two of them was taken seriously. ;)

I have come to the realization that Yurine seems to be really interested in Ayaka's boobs. There's the internet short with groping, the pixiv bikini groping, the single page preview comic groping in Chapter 5, comments in Chapter 11...heck even in her Alice in Wonderland themed illustration Yurine is STILL touching Ayaka's boobs a little. Now I just wonder if her getting to touch is canon or will become canon.

Thank you gezh for the links! That first one is kid Ayaka and Mizuki?

Yep : 3

last edited at May 17, 2016 2:24PM by

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

Main couple . . ., PLEASE!

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

@Tiger: Oh... and how do I navigate this thing? >.< Do I need an account on the site?

Anyway, well, we're talking about Yurine, who's attracted to all things Ayaka, and since Ayaka is probably the most well-endowed girl of the series (save for Yukina, maybe), that's hardly surprising.

last edited at May 17, 2016 3:06PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

@Tiger: Oh... and how do I navigate this thing? >.< Do I need an account on the site?

Anyway, well, we're talking about Yurine, who's attracted to all things Ayaka, and since Ayaka is probably the most well-endowed girl of the series (save for Yukina, maybe), that's hardly surprising.

I think they linked you the wrong thing
The link sends to a specific image of the bundle of pics it came from, rather than the bundle they were referring to

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I wasn't logged in so I didn't realize that when you ARE logged in it sends you ONLY to the linked image. It sent me to the bundle but when I logged in it just went to one...oops.

Pixiv is really confusing that way so I'm just gonna link it directly this time. Or try to. Maybe pixiv will foil me...

Bikini

This is the link to this single one if you're logged in: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga_big&illust_id=46199467&page=10

joined Sep 21, 2014

HAhaahaha cuute :3
Those arent bikini tho, it's really underwear xD ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I still got nothing. =[ It's the same short where Yurine promises Sumire she'll marry Ayaka so that Ayaka can become her real Big Sis. Yeah.

edit: Stupid me, I need to be logged in. =.=" Yeah it's… yeah. XD Not sure how that happened.

last edited at May 17, 2016 7:15PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

I still got nothing. =[ It's the same short where Yurine promises Sumire she'll marry Ayaka so that Ayaka can become her real Big Sis. Yeah.

edit: Stupid me, I need to be logged in. =.=" Yeah it's… yeah. XD Not sure how that happened.

Can you link me that short? :O

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

So THAT'S what was going on... much appreciated. I wasn't really sure whose fantasy that was.

Can you link me that short? :O

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga_big&illust_id=46199467&page=0

HAhaahaha cuute :3
Those arent bikini tho, it's really underwear xD ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

OMG, that is MORE fabulous than I thought!

Also I found a tiny page preview on pixiv for a page that appears to be a sleepover with Mizuki and Moe. No sign of the actual comic. Bottom middle under "COMIC ZIN".

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga_big&illust_id=55482343&page=2

last edited at May 18, 2016 1:08AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

At this point, more pairs is not a bad thing ... But when you think about it, a whole school where everyone is gay is very dumb, yuri should be more special than that... It can't just happen in each corner, it kills the magic that makes it beautiful, do it elsewhere.

Everyone can be super! And when everyone's super...
[laughs maniacally]
no one will be.

last edited at May 18, 2016 2:57PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

But when you think about it, a whole school where everyone is gay is very dumb, yuri should be more special than that... It can't just happen in each corner, it kills the magic that makes it beautiful, do it elsewhere.

Yuri isn't beautiful just because it's rarer tho, but it does make you appreciate it for its rarity
I think of it as just presenting the gay girls out of the entire school tho, obviously it isnt everyone.. wait unless you think about those 1-2 pages shorts at the end of each chapter that presented more girls + subtext/text
But I don't mind tbh, I enjoy the lack of heteronormativity in this

There's a lot of series with gayngst, and this just isnt one of them

last edited at May 18, 2016 3:11PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't think there's a single visible guy in the whole series though?

A case of 404: Men Not Found?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Thes is! One.

More seriously, Canno said in their interview with Nakatani that they deliberately wouldn't introduce any male character in AnoKiss. There's one doujin they made a couple of years ago with a male character in it, and it almost felt weird. Like "What? A MAN in a Canno story?! ò.Ô"

I personally really don't mind the presence of many yuri couples, as long as the author keeps the character dynamics diverse enough, which they do well so far. Maybe I would mind if it was a more "realistic" series, but from the start AnoKiss feels like it takes place in its own, semi-parallel world. It has that kind of ethereal atmosphere to it.

last edited at May 18, 2016 6:30PM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I'm really enjoying all the side characters story wayyy more than the main characters ha ha ha. All the characters have really great personalities compared to the main two

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I have discovered there are at least two pages to the Moe/Mizuki sleepover but only the first page was big enough to read.

https://twitter.com/anokonikiss/status/700908514907021312

Is this part of the added material for Book 4? I couldn't find it in the new raws.

last edited at May 19, 2016 11:24PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think this should be added to the gallery.

last edited at May 20, 2016 12:45PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

It says it's a special 4 page leaflet for those who ordered the volume on Comic ZIN…

PS: Hum, I translated the three additional Little Theaters in the volumes (for chapter 12, 19 and 20), but I'm not sure how I should publish them... A separate "chapter" like the internet shorts? V2s of said chapters ?

last edited at May 20, 2016 8:36AM

Tank version?

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

It says it's a special 4 page leaflet for those who ordered the volume on Comic ZIN…

PS: Hum, I translated the three additional Little Theaters in the volumes (for chapter 12, 19 and 20), but I'm not sure how I should publish them... A separate "chapter" like the internet shorts? V2s of said chapters ?

Probably V2 since they usually go together with the chapter in some way? (These are like the side character glimpses for a page after, right?) Of course, I will go read them as soon as I see that they're updated, but if no one's reading this they might not... but it would be better for new readers.

To reply you must either login or sign up.