Forum › WDTFS fans - off topic

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yooo everyone... Good evening...
Are u doing fine?

Nezchan

Btw, i noticed a missing verb. Just a bit uncomfortable while reading the paragraph...

Which paragraph? There's a bunch of them. =)

This paragraph part:
My dinner companions were very different women, but there were times when their similarities were striking. They both loved me of course, and I __ them, but there were more subtle things.

Oh, that's not a missing verb. It's a fairly common construction where the verb is implied to be the same as the wone earlier in the sentence.

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

First they make her emotionally miserable and now they make her physically miserable, too. Team Gaji sure pulls all the registers on Seju.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

First they make her emotionally miserable and now they make her physically miserable, too. Team Gaji sure pulls all the registers on Seju.

Seju is the WDTFS lightning rod. All shit will hit her first.

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

I couldn't resist. This chapter was practically begging for it.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

^ For a moment I seriously thought that was what's going to happen when I first saw that panel when Sungji was laying Seju in bed.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

By the end of it, we'll see every possible pink-blonde-black-blue pairing possible. Just for good measure.

41e23cccf0ca615cf297fc03235ceb48
joined Jan 4, 2016

I stopped by here and saw that and almost choked on my bagel -____-

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

( http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/sungjisejufulug6eskn90j.png)

Bit of netiquette, don't quote image posts, it clutters stuff up super fast to have the same image multiple times. Remember to take off the ![] part when replying, it's the easiest way.

last edited at May 18, 2016 1:10PM

elthundercat
41e23cccf0ca615cf297fc03235ceb48
joined Jan 4, 2016

Bit of netiquette, don't quote image posts, it clutters stuff up super fast to have the same image multiple times. Remember to take off the ![] part when replying, it's the easiest way.

yea I couldnt figure out what to do. thanks

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

yea I couldnt figure out what to do. thanks

That was more intended generally than specifically at you. I saw you altered it to avoid repeating the image so well done on your part.

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Yooo everyone... Good evening...
Are u doing fine?

Nezchan

Btw, i noticed a missing verb. Just a bit uncomfortable while reading the paragraph...

Which paragraph? There's a bunch of them. =)

This paragraph part:
My dinner companions were very different women, but there were times when their similarities were striking. They both loved me of course, and I __ them, but there were more subtle things.

Oh, that's not a missing verb. It's a fairly common construction where the verb is implied to be the same as the wone earlier in the sentence.

Oww.. is it? xD
So, is it grammatically correct or is it a common construction in non formal conversation? is it commonly used for both spoken n written eng? could u pls explain more? I could use this for my ref. Tks..

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

^ For a moment I seriously thought that was what's going to happen when I first saw that panel when Sungji was laying Seju in bed.

I bet most of the readers thought about it lol. I was like PleaseDont!DoIT

But....I got a really bad feeling for Seju in this chapter....I couldn't even be sad, things have gotten pretty serious right now

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I bet most of the readers thought about it lol. I was like PleaseDont!DoIT

But....I got a really bad feeling for Seju in this chapter....I couldn't even be sad, things have gotten pretty serious right now

I was like "WTF?? no way!" when I saw that hahaha. Even seeing Sungji nurse Seju already bothered me, like, why her?
I do think that the real drama will be unfold soon, and it's not going to be pretty for Seju.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

I know it's a new chapter day so this is a little off-topic even for the off-topic thread, but I went into the office today for a couple hours today to be present for an interview (I usually only go to the office for a once a week for a team meeting). This has been a normal thing for the past couple weeks since we've seen a few candidates. The one today I was about 80% sure she was a lesbian just from looking at her. The interview went without a hitch and by the sounds of it she might even get the job over someone else we liked. But I was walking her out to her car since I was also leaving the office and she asked me if she could get contact me if she had additional questions or whatever, so I gave her my card. Then she asked me if I'm seeing anybody -_- Who the fuck asks something like that to someone that just interviewed them? -_- I said "I am." and her only response was "Well that's no fun." It's not uncommon for the occasional candidate (guy, usually, but not always) to get a flirty in an interview, trying to butter up their audience a bit, I've never had someone say something to me that felt so much like the beginning of pursuit. I don't know if I should bother to bring something like that up to the team or not...

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

I don't know if I should bother to bring something like that up to the team or not...

I'd advise against that. If she initially left a good impression and seems qualified to do the job, why ruin her reputation and her chances of getting it? Her possibly trying to pursue you, even if you two would be coworkers, is a personal issue you'd have with her, not a professional one. So why drag your team into this?

Photopictureresizer_160424_131930125-640x360
joined Jan 13, 2016

I don't know if I should bother to bring something like that up to the team or not...

I'd advise against that. If she initially left a good impression and seems qualified to do the job, why ruin her reputation and her chances of getting it? Her possibly trying to pursue you, even if you two would be coworkers, is a personal issue you'd have with her, not a professional one. So why drag your team into this?

Actually i think Dofu should talk with her team members about this. First of all, in every interview being professional is very important. What if she comes on board and starts creating problems that might impact the team and her work? Well, if she has some very critical skills that no other candidates have then she may be worth considered. Otherwise go with choice #2.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

I'm not inclined to tell anybody, but that doesn't mean I haven't at least considered it. If she was already hired it would still have taken me by surprise, but just in general her thinking the interview was over just because we weren't in the building anymore was unprofessional and pretty dumb on her part. There aren't that many of us, and even though most of us work on things individually, we still review each other's work on a regular basis and communicate a lot. If she turns out to be unprofessional in other respects that we didn't catch, it's somewhat my fault for not bringing up what I'd experienced with her.

Actually i think Dofu should talk with her team members about this. First of all, in every interview being professional is very important. What if she comes on board and starts creating problems that might impact the team and her work? Well, if she has some very critical skills that no other candidates have then she may be worth considered. Otherwise go with choice #2.

It's mostly about professionalism, yeah. I just hate stirring up crap after the fact.

last edited at May 18, 2016 7:11PM

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

What if she comes on board and starts creating problems that might impact the team and her work?

Simple: fire her. Also, what you mentioned is a possible scenario for literally every new person you employ. You never know until you give them a chance. And if they've proven to be worthy of getting one, I say let them have it.

Also, and this is just a very personal opinion without meaning to offend, but I also think bringing that kind of issue up to the team and thus possibly influencing their decision wether she will get the job or not...well, it seems cowardly. Like a cheap way out of facing someone and telling them no. /shakes head/ Not something I would do, personally. But that's just me.

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

If she turns out to be unprofessional in other respects that we didn't catch, it's somewhat my fault for not bringing up what I'd experienced with her.

Geez Dofu, it's one not so good experience with a person you've literally just met. xD Don't jump to conclusions right away. If she actually gets the job and does try to pursue you, there's still always the chance to talk to her in private and call her out on her behavior. If she doesn't drop it, then I would bring it up to the others. And if it turns out that her trying to go after you isn't the only bothersome thing about her, well then there is no way how either you or anyone else could have known. If she stayed professional throughout the entire interview and nobody had anything bad to say about it, it generally means she can be professional. She might just have a slightly different perspective on it, but that's probably nothing a simple talk wouldn't be able to fix. xD Anyway. Not my decision to make. But like I mentioned: I'd give her a chance first.

last edited at May 18, 2016 7:28PM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Simple: fire her. Also, what you mentioned is a possible scenario for literally every new person you employ. You never know until you give them a chance. And if they've proven to be worthy of getting one, I say let them have it.

True, but interviews are for increasing the chances that the person turns out to be a good one. Otherwise you'd just be pulling anybody off the street and seeing if it worked out.

Also, and this is just a very personal opinion without meaning to offend, but I also think bringing that kind of issue up to the team and thus possibly influencing their decision wether she will get the job or not...well, it seems cowardly. Like a cheap way out of facing someone and telling them no. /shakes head/ Not something I would do, personally. But that's just me.

I think there are negative take aways about my personality regardless lol. As I've said, not inclined to say anything, largely because it is something only I had to deal with and she seems pretty good otherwise. I don't know if she'll get the job yet anyway. It'll probably be her, since I don't think the other woman we gave an offer will actually take it, or will ask for a contract we can't agree on, but it's still a possibility.

Geez Dofu, it's one not so good experience with a person you've literally just met. xD Don't jump to conclusions right away. If she actually gets the job and does try to pursue you, there's still always the chance to talk to her in private and call her out on her behavior. If she doesn't drop it, then I would bring it up to the others. And if it turns out that her trying to go after you isn't the only bothersome thing about her, well then there is no way how either you or anyone else could have known. If she stayed professional throughout the entire interview and nobody had anything bad to say about it, it generally means she can be professional. She might just have a slightly different perspective on it, but that's probably nothing a simple talk wouldn't be able to fix. xD Anyway. Not my decision to make. But like I mentioned: I'd give her a chance first.

Yeah I think everything you're saying is on point for a first encounter with someone you'd potentially be friends with in the future lol. What she did isn't something I'd bat an eye at if it didn't happen with someone I'd potentially work with. Interviews are a fickle process based almost solely on first impression. It's perfectly normal for people to do one thing that ruins an opportunity for them. They move on and get a job elsewhere or stay where they are. These are all people that are currently employed. I've decided against people for what most would probably consider smaller issues; they're just usually related to the person's resume or something more blatantly part of the interview.

last edited at May 18, 2016 8:01PM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Good morning everyone, thought I'd give the thread a bump as I have to say goodbye for the rest of the week. Will be busy most of today and tomorrow with work before kanojo and I head out of town for a wedding (not ours lol... :|). Don't have too much fun without me :)

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

@Dofu:

I'll just agree to disagree then. xD We have extremely different views on job interviews, so I'll just drop it here. Have fun at that wedding though. ^_^

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

I'll just agree to disagree then. xD We have extremely different views on job interviews, so I'll just drop it here.

Yeah that's okay lol can't agree on everything.

Have fun at that wedding though. ^_^

There's an open bar so we should be good to go. xD Although all weddings are sort of the same to me at this point lol. This is the friend where I had a bit of an incident at her bachelorette party last month. I hope everyone's on their best behavior and we have a good time and don't spoil anything for the happy couple.

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

Just do what always works: stay optimistic and smile. ^_^ And take a collar and a leash, just in case Kanojo has a few too much and decides it's time to make the woman who put her hands on you pay. xD

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

My brother, being the sweetheart he is, just sent me this picture in an email in an attempt to "cheer me up and remember the good things in life."

Have I ever mentioned my brother is a sardonic asshole? =_=

To reply you must either login or sign up.