Forum › Zuikaku Gets Turned On by Shoukaku in Diapers discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

The contrast between the title and the actual book is pretty fucked up.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Wow I thought this was going to be a pretty ecchi hentai book based on the title and cover, but damn it was beautiful. It's so beautifully drawn. I love the watercolor/marker style it has. I hope people give it a chance and don't get turned off by the title and cover. It's not about infant play at all...

The author's note at the end gave me a huge laugh.

Avatar1457667_10200109529819755_1695728463_n
joined Mar 15, 2016

I'm all of three pages in and I'm wondering just what I got myself into already. Here goes...

Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

Wow I thought this was going to be a pretty ecchi hentai book based on the title and cover, but damn it was beautiful. It's so beautifully drawn. I love the watercolor/marker style it has. I hope people give it a chance and don't get turned off by the title and cover. It's not about infant play at all...

The author's note at the end gave me a huge laugh.

I looked at the comments before deciding whether to read or not. I saw this and took your advice. It was a good call. I'll admit I was caught off guard to find something like this on Dynasty, but it was a good read nonetheless.

1227d27ec431e624d6707b0a66b81869
joined Dec 14, 2014

e___________________________e that last panel...the author was so honest. lol

last edited at May 18, 2016 11:05PM

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

That title is like the opposite of clickbait. I almost missed a really sweet story! lol

Also, Incest, no?

last edited at May 18, 2016 11:13PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

What? What??

Yeah, it was beautifully drawn, the narration was pretty feelsy
But wait, Shoukaku was like.. hospitalized/disabled? And Zuikaku took care of.. yeah okay, I think I got it.
It was still really nice tho

I'm not familiar with Kantai Collection so maybe that's why I didn't really get the ending. Why did she say "nice to meet you"? Also, are they sisters? Is this incest?

last edited at May 18, 2016 11:45PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I am pleasantly surprised by what the content of the doujin actually is,
but at the same time kinda disappointed.

joined Oct 3, 2014

Whoa didn't expect this to be from the same artist as Johari Garden. The style is really different.

Loved both though.

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

Despite the titel it's a pretty cute manga. :3

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

a new tag is born

After Reading: Well there goes the humorous thoughts in my head...

last edited at May 19, 2016 12:33AM

Dorohedoro_noi_big_smile
joined Feb 24, 2015

I'm not familiar with Kantai Collection so maybe that's why I didn't really get the ending. Why did she say "nice to meet you"? Also, are they sisters? Is this incest?

Technically speaking, they are "sister ships", meaning they are in the same ship class. There is a lot of debate around whether or not romance between ships within the same class is incest, and I doubt we will ever know for sure. In other words, it's up to you whether you want to view it as incest or not.

joined Sep 11, 2014

this is surprisingly fluffy compared to the straightforward hentai feel coming from the title.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Interesting, I wonder if something happened to her mind that her body and mind reverts to baby like function/ basic control. The art is quite nice

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

That title is like the opposite of clickbait. I almost missed a really sweet story! lol

I really wonder what the author was thinking about creating a title and cover for a story like this. I'm willing to bet they actually got more sales though since hentai probably sells faster than a serious story.

Kongou
joined Apr 7, 2016

Such a honest author note haha.

The art...! The narration...! My heart.

Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

I really wonder what the author was thinking about creating a title and cover for a story like this. I'm willing to bet they actually got more sales though since hentai probably sells faster than a serious story.

Hentai sells faster in general. Keep in mind, though, that to the average person, the word "diaper" alone is enough to get one to turn away when it comes to manga/doujins. And that applies to people who love hentai in general, too - the concept of H-doujins is wide and diverse and everybody who reads it has their own do/don't list (and they will often tell you that their do/don't list is normal/acceptable and other conflicting ones are the screwed up ones).

There are obviously going to be people who are into that kind of thing. But as far as I know, the diaper community is pretty small - it's a fairly narrow niche that isn't very well received/understood by the general public (I'm pretty sure the fetish/community has a different name but I can't remember it... I think diapers are grouped with something else in the acronym, though. Anyone want to help me out here? I'm drawing a blank).

Cate
joined May 15, 2015

Here I was thinking it was gonna be some weird baby play but it was actually a sweet doujin

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

that title scared me. I'm glad I read it though. very sweet

Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

Yuri-ism received a request for this title before but they refused cause 'diaper fetish'. A miss for them, almost a loss for us readers. Thank you, yuri-ism.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Yuri-ism received a request for this title before but they refused cause 'diaper fetish'. A miss for them, almost a loss for us readers. Thank you, yuri-ism.

Well obviously, as you can tell by the comments, the the title doesn't reflect the content, and everyone thought it was gonna be some fucked up kink. If they had to base their decision on something, oh i dunno, the title maybe, I think their decision is understandable. It's not like they'd purchase the doujin and check juuust to make sure that surprisingly, the focus wasn't on diapers at all.
It's likely that the one who suggested the title had a similar assumption on what the contents would be. That it happened to be a rather nice, not-diaper-focused doujin doesn't mean that it was a good call on the suggester's part.
If they suggested it "cause diaper fetish", and it was refused, "cause diaper fetish", and it turned out to be a good read and not about that fetish, well, it really isn't Yuriism fault, nor something you can applause the suggester for.

I know they say don't judge a book by its cover, but with a title like this, surely it isn't a stretch to say that it was very misleading.

Manuke
joined Jan 21, 2014

Well obviously, as you can tell by the comments, the the title doesn't reflect the content, and everyone thought it was gonna be some fucked up kink. If they had to base their decision on something, oh i dunno, the title maybe, I think their decision is understandable. It's not like they'd purchase the doujin and check juuust to make sure that surprisingly, the focus wasn't on diapers at all.
It's likely that the one who suggested the title had a similar assumption on what the contents would be. That it happened to be a rather nice, not-diaper-focused doujin doesn't mean that it was a good call on the suggester's part.
If they suggested it "cause diaper fetish", and it was refused, "cause diaper fetish", and it turned out to be a good read and not about that fetish, well, it really isn't Yuriism fault, nor something you can applause the suggester for.

I know they say don't judge a book by its cover, but with a title like this, surely it isn't a stretch to say that it was very misleading.

Well obviously, many people who has been sending requests to yuri-ism do not know Japanese. You can't say for sure that person request the doujin because it has 'diaper fetish' (It's in the ' ' for clarity purpose only). They made the decision to request based on the few samples provided by the artists which do not involve diapers at all (except for the cover page). Yuri-ism has staff who can read Japanese so they usually can use that advantage to filter titles they don't want to work on. A miss like this for yuri-ism is nothing big. Scanlators can choose which project they want to work on. Who can blame them for that ? On the other hand, if yuri-review didn't pick this up, a loss to the reader is clearly a loss. Though if nobody pick it up in the first place, this close call won't be recognized as a close call either.

This was so sweet TT-TT. Almost missed it cause of the title.

Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

everyone talking about how the title almost stopped them from reading this, but i only glanced at the tags and decided to go for this one. it wasn't until i read the discussion that i noticed how weird the title was.

"huh, diaper tag...?"

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Pretty sweet read!

Was pretty weird, almost pass on this, but I noticed the drama tag. And was like "Eh...What?". Thankfuly I checked it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.