Forum › Puppets discussion

joined Aug 6, 2013

WAIT WHAT NO! IT CANT END LIKE THIS NOOO

joined Oct 3, 2013

I know there is supposed to be some metaphorical meaning as to why Ymir dropped her puppet (first that comes to mind being that she wants to leave/avoid/prevent/whateverfloatsyourniceboat "it," if you know what I mean), but it still seems too sad...

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

Maybe it's 'cause I'm a bit too much sleepy, but I didn't get the ending :/

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

FUCK! Ymir!
Pick the fucking puppet up! GGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEED A SECOND FUCKING PART!
I shall include this in my fanfic! Gaahh!!

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

I know there is supposed to be some metaphorical meaning as to why Ymir dropped her puppet (first that comes to mind being that she wants to leave/avoid/prevent/whateverfloatsyourniceboat "it," if you know what I mean), but it still seems too sad...

kind of remind me of the last released chapter (50) from the original series, she really did left in the end

Psmix_2016-03-11-23-34-17
joined Mar 3, 2013

Holy crap that's sad Dx I finally get wtf happened at ch.50's end. This revelation hit me like a brick wall.. It hurts.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I think it could be inspired by ch 50. ending. This is just my opinion. But I feel like the puppet represents a sense of friendship, bonding, of innocence and aspirations. Something that allows to express their feelings without fear to each other, and to stay close together. If you notice the characters holding the puppets (Armin, Eren, Mikasa, Sasha, Mina) are people who probably are closes to Christa, because they can relate to her. Most of them lost their parents/families, or felt like outsiders until they formed a strong group together (band of brothers/sisters). So I feel like they would be the ones who would understand what Christa went through in her life. In the case of Sasha she is an outsider because she is from the mountains and she is afraid of being considered unsophisticated (fear of not fitting in), in the case of Eren he constantly felt powerless, no matter how hard the tried to do his best (that could change later on), in Armin we see someone who didnt realized his potential and thought that he was a hindrance to the group and his friends (lately he has been changing, becoming more bold), in Mikasa there is her obsession and her almost suicidal tendencies to protect what is precious to her, etc. There seems to be small pieces of Christa in all of them. I think Ymir saw that Christa was not alone, that she was in good hands, that they could protect her, which is why she left. Ymir thought she had no reason to stay with her. I sense that Ymir only used the puppet so she could stay close to Christa and be part of the group, but once it became obvious that Christa didnt need her protection, she dropped the puppet because Ymir didnt need it anymore. I think is possible Ymir left the puppet, perhaps as a memento for Christa. Of course, this is just guessing. I could be reading too much into it.

Now as to why Ymir left in ch 50, I think it may have something to do with a sense of obligation in part of Ymir, perhaps some sort of plan to make sure Christa is safe from those who may try to harm her. Which is why she felt comfortable leaving her behind

last edited at Oct 12, 2013 8:21AM

joined Jul 17, 2013

AAAAAAAA NOOOO PLEASE NOOOO ;;

joined Jan 30, 2012

Omg ymir Q_Q uguh

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Reading the marked words hurt my eyes... But I guess you do have a point... and a great one at that...

Dd
joined Sep 22, 2013

D:

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

My heart broke...

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

;_;

Tumblr_pg93ghjfxn1x274kho1_500
joined Nov 5, 2013

T_T

Mei%20mei
joined Dec 14, 2013

Ymir no.. you better come back T~T

06198ea848e13a290fe7a6a3314d5a8c
joined Feb 1, 2013

Reading that chapter in the manga and seeing this image, made my heart shatter, of course leaving all those "manly" tears aside..
T^T

Tumblr_nj4cv5bfcf1t6wkv1o1_500
joined Jun 7, 2015

Ughh the feels ;-;

To reply you must either login or sign up.