Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So like, maybe this is not the place to post this but whatever.

Anyways, I've been rewatching the Don't Hug Me I'm Scared series and I think part 3 kinda touches on homosexuality (and to a lesser extend also on polyamory). Obviously, this being part of Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, your mileage may vary.

joined Jan 21, 2015

For statistics nerds and people curious about what is popular in fandom, here's the 2016 edition of the AO3 F/F stats. It shows which fandoms have exploded in the past year, which ones have a F/F ship as their main ship, the most popular polyships and other stuff. Definitely worth a read.
I'm a bit weirded out that only 50% of Madoka Magica fics, and 28% of Sailor Moon fics are yuri (this is only for AO3 though). I'm going to assume that the rest are mostly gen stories.

Also: I found a lesbian couple in Elder Scrolls Online! I know it isn't much, but so far same-sex couples in the Elder Scrolls series had this annoying tendency to turn up dead. I love TES and its lore with all my heart but that pattern really bummed me out. These ladies survived their personal quest and the attack on their town, so that was a welcome change. I Googled for more info and among all the predictable homophobic whining, there was a list of quests involving LGBT characters in the game. There seems to be a few of them! I'm looking forward to finding the Khajit (catfolk) woman who tries to woo a lady by bringing her dead rats.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

A bit late but Til Lease Do Us Part got a second season. Haven't watched it yet but probably will today and report how it is afterwards.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

For statistics nerds and people curious about what is popular in fandom, here's the 2016 edition of the AO3 F/F stats. It shows which fandoms have exploded in the past year, which ones have a F/F ship as their main ship, the most popular polyships and other stuff. Definitely worth a read.
I'm a bit weirded out that only 50% of Madoka Magica fics, and 28% of Sailor Moon fics are yuri (this is only for AO3 though). I'm going to assume that the rest are mostly gen stories.

Also: I found a lesbian couple in Elder Scrolls Online! I know it isn't much, but so far same-sex couples in the Elder Scrolls series had this annoying tendency to turn up dead. I love TES and its lore with all my heart but that pattern really bummed me out. These ladies survived their personal quest and the attack on their town, so that was a welcome change. I Googled for more info and among all the predictable homophobic whining, there was a list of quests involving LGBT characters in the game. There seems to be a few of them! I'm looking forward to finding the Khajit (catfolk) woman who tries to woo a lady by bringing her dead rats.

As bad as the game was, the inclusion of gay characters was pretty nice. :) I might get back into the game when I can afford the internet again.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So Till Lease Do Us Part 2 is really good. Kind of a prequel to Almost Adults and only 12 4-minute episodes so there's really no reason not to watch it.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

btw yuri isn't dead yet on TWD! holy walker! I thought one of them would die. Latest ep was kinda filler-ish but it showed them a bit on the site...honestly it kinda felt like subtext because I'm not sure if they ARE a couple or not.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Just started reading Popcorn Love, it sorta reminds me of the prince and the pauper - ones rich the others poor; though thats probably where the similarity ends.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Is it worth it to watch Strange Empire ? I mean, is there a satisfying ending for the only season or is it an awful never ending cliffhanger ?

last edited at Feb 24, 2016 1:47PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I can't remember the finale, but I was disgusted that they cancelled the show, I even sent CBC a message about it! I want to say there wasn't a cliffhanger, but I'm not really sure.

Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Did they give any idiot excuse reason for cancelling it?

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/television/john-doyle-cbc-needs-to-make-room-for-orginal-ambitious-tv-dramas/article23267901/

Probably the same whining about lack of popularity, ratings, and that it was a clearly feminist show.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I think I will probably end up watching it anyway, it looks interesting and I'm out of series with strong lead women

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

It was a great show, I really enjoyed it... especially that they had a native woman as a lead, and not one of those "lead females that gets rescued by a dude and turns weak" types either.

Just don't watch it expecting closure.

joined May 11, 2012

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/television/john-doyle-cbc-needs-to-make-room-for-orginal-ambitious-tv-dramas/article23267901/

Probably the same whining about lack of popularity, ratings, and that it was a clearly feminist show.

I see, same excuse they always use to cancel all the good shows, thanks Kitsune Spirit.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Is anyone watching The Shannara Chronicles?

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

That's really bad... I'm still watching because I already started and for a time I thought some gay stuff between the two main girl could happen (which could be cute). Plus I don't like stopping a series halfway but it's soooooo bad that It's really hard for me to watch

last edited at Feb 25, 2016 7:35AM

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

From the description I read from Seisai no Resonance :
Our female MC, Kanae, was Miku x Mirai's daughter then in the story there's mother daughter incestuous sex scenes.The thing that I don't understand is how can two girls conceive a child together and then Kanae becomes her own mother's lover ? Aww!!
Somebody has to tell me about it.

last edited at Feb 25, 2016 8:29AM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Science Babies! The genes from the donating mother are implanted into the egg of the birth mother... or something like that.

Shannara is kinda bad, but the raider girl is pretty cute. Yuri between her and the elf would be enjoyable , but I doubt it'll occur unless it's for the benefit of the male mc.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

i wonder if there's a laboratory or hospital on an isolated island in Seisai no Resonance for that. Well, whatever !

Lol%203
joined Sep 4, 2015

That's really bad... I'm still watching because I already started and for a time I thought some gay stuff between the two main girl could happen (which could be cute). Plus I don't like stopping a series halfway but it's soooooo bad that It's really hard for me to watch

Haven't watched the show, but I read the book a while back and there was zero yuri in it. So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Haven't watched the show, but I read the book a while back and there was zero yuri in it. So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

The series doesn't follow the book at all romantically speaking apparently, one of the girls is portrayed as bisexual and kinda hit on the other one time. But that nothing serious, typical teen show : add drama and sexual tension whenever you can but in the end it will all be about the guy.

last edited at Feb 25, 2016 6:08PM

Lol%203
joined Sep 4, 2015

The series doesn't follow the book at all romantically speaking apparently, one of the girls is portrayed as bisexual and kinda hit on the other one time. But that nothing serious, typical teen show : add drama and sexual tension whenever you can but in the end it will all be about the guy.

That's a shame. I heard that they changed things from the books, but I never how much. As they say, there is always hope, until it's completely crushed.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Was browsing Youtube and found out about Kindness Coins. Free, 5-10 minute long VN created for a Dating Sim constest called Pulse Pounding Heart Stopping Jam. Spins the whole dating sim thing around and puts the player into the role of the girl being romanced by the dating sim dude. I posted it here for a reason though.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Hah, thats a neat idea for a VN... I assume there's yuri of some sort?

joined May 11, 2012

Hey guys, someone is translating another yuri from Lezhin, Vengeance, they just released chapter 18 some days ago, only 22 chapters, the funny thing is that Lezhin decided to sell it in english like WDTFS, they already released 5 chapters some days ago, and by accident I found they're selling yet another yuri webcomic in english, Her Pet, now I wonder if they have any other yuri webcomic.

last edited at Feb 28, 2016 11:18PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.