Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Ah, mais aussi, juste pour savoir. Si c'est un groupe français, pourquoi le traduis-tu aussi en anglais?
Est-ce que le groupe s'occupe généralement aussi de la traduction anglaise?

Un caprice ? Au départ je pensais seulement traduire le premier chapitre en anglais, puis on m'a appris que Kawai Scans le faisait déjà. Sauf qu'ils ont pas sorti de chapitre depuis des lustres, donc, beh, j'ai continué. Re-traduire en anglais va assez vite en fait, vu que j'ai déjà l'essentiel de la traduction en tête.

Sauf que Kawai-scan ont perdu leur "chef" il semblerait. Donc ils sont un peu désorganisés.

If you're good enough in English, I'll gladly ask you for help. :þ I'm gonna do Chapter 20 today.

A mon avis, Faust n'est pas français(e). Qui irait écrire "traduis-tu" ? C'est du français trop soutenu pour être honnête. ;)

Si tu as besoin d'aide, je suis là aussi éventuellement. Mon mail est nyachanx chez le mail du moteur de recherche bien connu.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Ah… peut-être. ^^" Well, if I have to be proofread, it's all the better if it's by a native English speaker. =O

@Salamandrake: It seems obvious that the last arc will be about Ayaka and Yurine, at least. If the author can properly relate that arc to the previous character arcs, then yeah it would make the story more meaningful as a whole. We'll see how they handle that... I'm still not sure if Canno is a guy or a chick… I think it's a she…

last edited at Feb 7, 2016 1:38PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Qui l'écrirait comme ça? Ben voyons, je viens de le faire :P
Et non, en effet, je ne suis pas Française. (Plot twist: Canadienne) A-t-on besoin de l'être?

And I guess that what's required for english proofreading isn't french, so it's pretty irrelevant.

Hmm I don't really have a fake e-mail, and I'd rather not indirectly post my full name. Could I reach you instead?

last edited at Feb 7, 2016 3:10PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Oh, Québécoise? \o/

…I don't know how to send private messages on this forum… Do you have a Batoto account?

joined Sep 21, 2014

Whooaa yeah I do
It's been really long though uhh k found it
http://bato.to/forums/user/51347-jack-frost/
Didn't know you could pm there

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I don't even have a problem with having a bunch of side-couples but that fact that Ayaka (my favourite character here and basically my whole reason for reading this in the first place) has basically been relegated to side-character status at this point just irks me to no end. Like she has all this potential for interesting development but instead she just kinda sits in the background occasionally popping up to fill the "competitive tsundere" quota before fading away again. Also, did I miss something or did Yurine never actually address her "does it even have to be me or would anyone who can beat you be fine" question? Cuz it's pretty damn important and I can't for the life of me recall it being answered.

last edited at Feb 8, 2016 8:33PM

joined Oct 12, 2013

Also, did I miss something or did Yurine never actually address her "does it even have to be me or would anyone who can beat you be fine" question? Cuz it's pretty damn important and I can't for the life of me recall it being answered.

Maybe that's what Yurine's new admirer story-line is leading up to? Though I doubt it.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

That question is addressed in chapter 12 if I recall, though not completely answered yet. =O

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

There are similarities but they have more differences. I am talking about this series between Comprehensive Tovarish... They are unique in their own way.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Chapter 20 is up, concluding volume 4. Many thanks to Faust for the proofreading. =3 Chapter 21 isn't out yet in Japan, so we're all caught up now.

There are similarities but they have more differences. I am talking about this series between Comprehensive Tovarish... They are unique in their own way.

…I haven't read it, but the premise does sound similar. =O

last edited at Feb 9, 2016 5:59PM

joined Oct 12, 2013

How fucking lonely is Ayaka going to be now?

joined Sep 21, 2014

Yayyy :3 anytime Lyendith. Hit me up if you need help for stuff again :D
I'll manage to make time for yuri :')
I had to kick myself out of QC mode just to enjoy the last few pages TTvTT
I swear, my heart was melting, I had to stop proofreading just to at least enjoy it, and then come back to it
Man, quality checking really takes the fun out of things, but I'm glad to know that it should be fine now, and that more people will be able to enjoy it more :')

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_kiss_and_a_white_lily_ch03#36

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_kiss_and_a_white_lily_ch16_2#10

I was re-reading the series
That girl isn't the only side character to reappear

The captain also appeared in the main story

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

…I haven't read it, but the premise does sound similar. =O

Yuu is a lot less of an asshole than Yurine. And Kanna is awesomer than Shiramine. Her way of playing chess is something else.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Yurine isn't an asshole. =[ She's just a troll who knows how to press Ayaka's right/wrong buttons, and that's also why I like her.

@EvilDevil: Yeah, that… I wonder if Canno will release a special doujin or AnoKiss short for it. =O

last edited at Feb 10, 2016 3:48AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Yurine simply knows how to provoke Ayaka :P

last edited at Feb 10, 2016 9:27PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Damn! You can just end it right here (Chapter 20) and I wouldn't have any complaints.
Best couple is best!
I am like this as I was reading that proposal.
TBH that 3 pages of kissing is just too lewd for a yuri manga.

last edited at Feb 11, 2016 2:50AM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Should add NSFW to the chapter. Jeez.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Should add NSFW to the chapter. Jeez.

And Lots of kissing

Tumblr_nlmayyykuj1so305zo1_12801
joined Feb 23, 2015

Oh god I'm in class and I can't stop grinning THEY ARE SO CUTE and finally they've kissed <3

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Cute! ( ^_ ^) b

Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

I can hardly contain my smile, my fav duo in this manga pretty much solidified their future together. Wish mizuki would keep her hair longer though, she looks cuter that way.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

melts

joined Aug 6, 2015

So, I feel like if chapter 20 had been released before 18 and 19, I wouldn't be so mad. Developing a couple to this extent and finishing their arc allows the author some leeway. If the author wants this story to be about multiple groups/couples interacting, then the events of chapter 20 creates the perfect opening to further that story line. Now that the track team couple is official, they can safely transition into supporting side characters (for Ayaka and Yurine especially) and open up a spot for a new group to come in and get some page time.

It would have made much more sense to postpone chapters 18 and 19 to be the first couple of chapters in the next volume with that new arc and new trio of characters. In its place we could have had Ayaka, Yurine, and the Senpai/Kouhai quadrant (don't remember any of their names, honestly) leading into the festival and exploring it together as a large group. Then we could end the volume with chapter 20's track team couple finale like normal.

I just feel like introducing 3 new characters so close to the end of the volume doesn't make a whole lot of narrative sense. It seems like the potential unrequited love arc is going to take a good size chunk of the next volume to fully resolve, so why not keep it all in that volume. As it stands, it feels like chapters 18 and 19 were only written to set up the existence of the upcoming festival that was used to resolve Mizuki and Moe's arc (I actually looked up their names this time. yay). It ends up feeling like padding instead of relevant material, and if we really needed padding... well... we had a whole cast of [relatively] neglected characters the author could have fallen back on...

And right there, I managed to talk myself into being mad again. I'm gunna stop.

To reply you must either login or sign up.