Forum › Neko Musume Michikusa Nikki discussion

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

holy crap what haul of uploads not that I'm complaining, thank you for the people who worked hard to translate and upload it

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

The art style reminds me of the art in the rulebooks for Golden Sky Stories...

*Yep. Made by the same person That's pretty cool~

It feels like reading someone's campaign of that game which is fun to see.

last edited at Jan 23, 2016 8:05PM

14883450_345545539125601_1739065670976333342_o
joined Jun 20, 2015

Who uploaded all these?

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

I did. I found the story enjoyable, although it's certainly not yuri (with a few panels of exceptions). Luckily they batched the volumes so it wasn't difficult obtaining the chapters quickly.

Gothic_Catalyst
14883450_345545539125601_1739065670976333342_o
joined Jun 20, 2015

thanks

oh yeah baka updates says shugo chara is licensed.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Koma-chan best girl! Koma x Kurona best ship!

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

i honestly find the random fanservice super creepy...the main chick looks like she's in middle school :/ think i'll pass on this one....

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

who knew ike wrote manga :P.... get it.. just me?.... maybe my dad?

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

i honestly find the random fanservice super creepy...the main chick looks like she's in middle school :/ think i'll pass on this one....

The cat is most likely an adult though (considering that a 1,5 year old cat is around 20 in human years?). Or at least she was when she was a normal cat. Are there any age rules for monster cats? xD
And does that mean her friendship (and courtship if the spider is involved) with the human boys is problematic? xD
Ah all that fun when two spezies with such different lifespans interact.

But yeah, the fanservice has a creepy touch and the author calls himself lecherous, so...^^ But since it stays all harmless I have no problem with it.

Only at ch 16 right now, but so far the spider lady is one fav besides the cat^^

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

The fanservice is agreeably a bit too much in a number of places.
The yokai are quite likely equivalent in comparison with their visual representation (for the human-like ones, at least). This is based off of how they act and think, as seen quite clearly with the lack of knowledge on Kurona's behalf. So looked at the setups for the ecchi in real life terms it's quite creepy, basically like all other ecchi manga out there.

last edited at Jan 23, 2016 7:14PM

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

man Koma and her brother are so much like Ayano and Chitose

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I just finished binge-reading all of this, and I'm sad it's over. It was super cute, and a bit touching at times. The 'naive youkai pretending to be a human child' thing is fun, and Kurona particularly reminds me of Yobi the five tailed fox.

Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

bitfarb, from what manga is your avatar?

last edited at Jan 24, 2016 12:52AM

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

She's one of Matsuri's classmates from Miss Sunflower.

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

The cat is most likely an adult though (considering that a 1,5 year old cat is around 20 in human years?). Or at least she was when she was a normal cat. Are there any age rules for monster cats? xD

Ah yeah, I'm aware that she's probably (?) supposed to be older, but even the fact that she looks/is drawn so young is creepy to me

Capture_001_18092013_1154032
joined Mar 2, 2012

This was a really pleasant surprise. Really nice with some great slice of life every now and then.

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

It's cute and fun, but like some others the fanservice was just unnecessary and the "haha sexual harassment/outright assault is funny" bits make it harder and harder to enjoy it the more they pile up.

Also I definitely don't ship Kurona and Koma. Not one bit. Even though they're adorable...

Genbuakicon
joined Jun 27, 2015

This comic is good for my heart. Moreover, I'm always happy to see more Japanese folklore being explored in manga. Thanks for the uploads.

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

bitfarb posted:

She's one of Matsuri's classmates from Miss Sunflower.

Thanks o7

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I liked it, but I kinda feel like I wanted to like it more. I mean it's got stuff I really love, urban fantasy with a plethora of Japanese folklore characters and a warm-hearted feel to the whole thing. But it felt oddly awkward. It wasn't the fanservice, although I'm glad they didn't go overboard with it as many other authors would. There just seemed like something was lacking overall to really tie it together.

It was still worth reading though.

Kumo2
joined Feb 18, 2014

Cute series! And there are some yuri tease moment as well ^^

Acg1no
joined Jun 7, 2015

Cripes though, Habanero Scans is mind-numbingly slow, both on this series and others like Anko-san. It might be uncouth to complain about free stuff, but waiting several months between single-chapter releases is just...

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

I've reviewed this

https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/08/29/neko-musume-michikusa-nikki/

Honestly my impression is basically an expounded version of Nezchan's impression, although I actually DID feel the fanservice was awkward. Honestly, I have no issue with fanservice (for the record, one of my favorite anime series is Strike Witches, of all things) but I couldn't really understand what it was doing in a series like this, especially when I didn't really find it to be "working".

Otherwise? Competent slice of life with some real shining strengths. I particularly like Koma and anything having to do with her. Very, very good character and story.

Acg1no
joined Jun 7, 2015

I'm gonna say this once and for all.
The fanservicey chapter everyone keeps harping on is the series' pilot, which is clearly different in tone. The manga proper is a lot more toned down (and what little there is left is more tasteful), and focuses on cute/heartwarming youkai antics.

last edited at Sep 18, 2016 2:59PM

joined Sep 19, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/neko_musume_michikusa_nikki_ch36#2

Bonus Challenge: Kokkuri is hiding somewhere in this picture!

To reply you must either login or sign up.