Forum › Sorairo Girlfriend discussion

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

I forgot how much I enjoyed this story :) really is a sweet story!

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

It was one of those ending were you wanted more, but in a way it made me like the story even more. For me at least haha

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Yeah, I just don't like those "We'll separate for a few years and then we'll reunite!" kind of endings. Also, spoilers, I guess.

I really dislike those endings as well. To me they always just come across as an author desperate to inject some drama into to the situation. Which is just drama for drama's sake, which is a lot worse then having no drama.

The time I think it was done well was in Girl x Girl by Chi-Ran. Since it didn't seem artificial at all.

last edited at May 8, 2013 11:46AM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i don't think this ended here, it's only that it was abandoned at a point that seems the end

joined Dec 6, 2011

it didnt end there.
i read a chapter where they we're separated and got back again.
they both have short hair in the end.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

it didnt end there.

thanks for the spoiler

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

I will try looking later on to see if I can get lucky and find the rest of this series ^_^

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

it didnt end there.

thanks for the spoiler

Don't blame the poor dude. I spoiled it before him.

You can find Jmanga's translations of the other chapters floating around the internet if you want to read the rest. Couldn't tell you where to look, though.

ah, ok, and thanks then, i'll try to look for it

joined Dec 6, 2011

it didnt end there.

thanks for the spoiler

Don't blame the poor dude. I spoiled it before him.

You can find Jmanga's translations of the other chapters floating around the internet if you want to read the rest. Couldn't tell you where to look, though.

thank you very much! :)

i'm sorry, i didnt realized what i did. gotta learn to keep the lid on.

Ōkami Shiruba
joined Apr 30, 2012

Here you can GOOGLE IT (edited by MrE)

last edited at May 14, 2013 7:35PM

Logo-ubuntu_st_no%c2%ae-white-hex
joined Apr 23, 2013

I'd say the fact that we only have the first 5 chapters here is an improvement over the real ending.

Karhu2
joined Aug 27, 2013

I'd say the fact that we only have the first 5 chapters here is an improvement over the real ending.

Not really, I looked it up and it wasn't that bad. Not expetionally good either but worth a read.

last edited at Nov 1, 2013 2:26PM

Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

i like juli's short hair better than hiromi. anyways, i really wish to read maki's story in Ibara no Namida
(woot, woot, someone got a copy from the now down jmanga?)
Edit: wah. just found it on bakabt. xDDDD

last edited at Nov 1, 2013 3:34PM

Karhu2
joined Aug 27, 2013

i like juli's short hair better than hiromi. anyways, i really wish to read maki's story in Ibara no Namida
(woot, woot, someone got a copy from the now down jmanga?)
Edit: wah. just found it on bakabt. xDDDD

Thanks for this tip. For so long I have gotten all my yuri from here, that I had forgotten other places exist.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I like this story but there's one bit I really don't like at the end. The author makes it a point to go over how Romi and Juli lost contact after 6 months then mere pages later they're reunited and WHY this happened is never even addressed. That's the only part of the story I really mind all that much.

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

The movie that Hiromi is watching it must be Shakespeare in Love...

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I read this and honestly, while I haven't seen the ending yet, I was rooting for Maki.

Dsisterism_021_015-1-1
joined Oct 7, 2015

why aren't the chapters 6 to 9 uploaded??

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nagihono4ever posted:

Seeing as it's labelled "abandoned" I'd hazard a guess that the scanlator whose scans were getting uploaded here stopped translating it and those other chapters are by a completely different group whose work never made it here or was prevented from being uploaded here.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Ufufu, so cute!

joined Mar 14, 2016

Nagihono4ever posted:

Seeing as it's labelled "abandoned" I'd hazard a guess that the scanlator whose scans were getting uploaded here stopped translating it and those other chapters are by a completely different group whose work never made it here or was prevented from being uploaded here.

complete https://bakabt.me/torrent/173191/ibara-no-namida-tears-of-thorn-scans

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gxone posted:

"English publisher: JManga (digital, defunct)"
The version on Dynasty was by Tranquil Spring. They most likely cancelled their work on it when JManga published their version.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

gxone posted:

"English publisher: JManga (digital, defunct)"
The version on Dynasty was by Tranquil Spring. They most likely cancelled their work on it when JManga published their version.

Far as I know, Tranquil Spring folded and left a number of unfinished projects behind. We did upload pretty much everything they had available at one point, but I don't know if anyone followed up to see if any of their projects got picked up by others.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan posted:

Far as I know, Tranquil Spring folded and left a number of unfinished projects behind. We did upload pretty much everything they had available at one point, but I don't know if anyone followed up to see if any of their projects got picked up by others.

Fair enough, I didn't look into their actual reason so that bit was a bit of a guess. My real point in that was just to point out that BakaBT's torrent was a rip of an actually published version of the manga rather than a scanlated version. And as far as I know, that's not the kind that Dynasty tends to upload.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nezchan posted:

Fair enough, I didn't look into their actual reason so that bit was a bit of a guess. My real point in that was just to point out that BakaBT's torrent was a rip of an actually published version of the manga rather than a scanlated version. And as far as I know, that's not the kind that Dynasty tends to upload.

Oh yeah, that I don't know anything about. But I made sure drpepperfan knows about the conversation so I asume he'll look into it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.