Forum › A Doujin Novel/Article

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

If I write some doujin text work and paste those onto blank images, will it get uploaded here?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'd like to err on the side of "doubtful", as we're not a fan fiction site (yet), and the amount of text-based works already here is miniscule.

On the other hand, I am but a petty uploader, so you may want to wait for a more official word on it. And really, this fan fiction angle is something we should look into anyway. Nothing drives traffic like slash fics.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

I'd like to err on the side of "doubtful", as we're not a fan fiction site (yet), and the amount of text-based works already here is miniscule.

On the other hand, I am but a petty uploader, so you may want to wait for a more official word on it. And really, this fan fiction angle is something we should look into anyway. Nothing drives traffic like slash fics.

Well actuallly it's because that I was unable to find an English BBS or something to post it to.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Why not fanfiction.net? Their whole purpose is text works, and you don't need to go to the trouble of pasting into image files.

That said, I wonder if there's not justification for an ongoing "self-promotion" thread, where members can post links to their own fanfiction/fanart/doujins/etc.? Does anyone think that would be a good idea?

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

If I write some doujin text work and paste those onto blank images, will it get uploaded here?

No, not in that form. It would be very out of place and a poor reading experience.

Feel free though to post about it in the forums though. A dedicated thread about self promotion or about Yuri fanfiction overall, would be useful and would probably get stickied.

last edited at Sep 7, 2013 11:42AM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

if it's not a problem for you, i could draw somethings to go with your text ...if you don't dislike the thought of a stranger using the fruits of your fantasy,
i'm always looking for ideas to draw

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

I been wondering, we have some light novel translations like sono hanabira into english and I think there was a touhou one. should light novels be uploaded?

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Well actuallly it's because that I was unable to find an English BBS or something to post it to.

some people use this site to post their fan fic: http://www.fanfiction.net/

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

I been wondering, we have some light novel translations like sono hanabira into english and I think there was a touhou one. should light novels be uploaded?

I am not opposed the idea in general, of expanding scope to other Yuri works besides manga. In fact we will be into another area in the next few days.

My main concern with light novels / fanfiction is I am not sure if there is enough content and interest to make a section dedicated for them.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

I am not opposed the idea in general, of expanding scope to other Yuri works besides manga. In fact we will be into another area in the next few days.

My main concern with light novels / fanfiction is I am not sure if there is enough content and interest to make a section dedicated for them.

I'd say the content is not a problem. I've got TWO 200~270KB .txt's ready for translation. (<- Both of them are my own works, though.)

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

if it's not a problem for you, i could draw somethings to go with your text ...if you don't dislike the thought of a stranger using the fruits of your fantasy,
i'm always looking for ideas to draw

MUCH WELCOMED!!

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Why not fanfiction.net? Their whole purpose is text works, and you don't need to go to the trouble of pasting into image files.

That said, I wonder if there's not justification for an ongoing "self-promotion" thread, where members can post links to their own fanfiction/fanart/doujins/etc.? Does anyone think that would be a good idea?

Well somehow I got a feeling that my works have more trouble in adapting to their rules.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

So... Does that mean that it's okay to post Yuri fanfics here? Making sure so that if I ever create one, I can post it here, in Wattpad, and in fanfic.net

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Yes, feel free.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

My main concern is there'd need to be a new interface added for fics, since the one for images and such probably wouldn't be so effective with fanfic. That said, the current tag system would definitely work. Especially when things are categorized by pairing.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

My main concern is there'd need to be a new interface added for fics, since the one for images and such probably wouldn't be so effective with fanfic. That said, the current tag system would definitely work. Especially when things are categorized by pairing.

Yeah. Especially since I've already posted mine here.
And together with that maybe we can have a pseudo-rich text box in the reply form, which supports editing of blacking out, italic, bold, tag references, \escape character, hyperlink, inserting images, L1/L2 headings, lists with various indentations, etc.
(Preventing blankspace-trimming would be useful too, especially when you want some indentations)

last edited at Oct 1, 2013 9:39PM

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

So... Does that mean that it's okay to post Yuri fanfics here? Making sure so that if I ever create one, I can post it here, in Wattpad, and in fanfic.net

Looking forward to your work, then.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Looking forward to your work, then.

Already have a fanfic but is not really focused on romance... More of action and a bit of comedy.

It's here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.