Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Sooo... The abortion scene was weirdly sweet.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Jesus fuck, Billy AND Mr. Gates? Flint's crew better shred him to fucking pieces before this series ends.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Anyone got an ebook of "All this and family, too" by Sarah Glenn?

1w
joined Jun 17, 2015

Aside from 'Always Human' , there's also SpringRoll's Daily Life and Lavender in LINE. If I dig deeper then maybe I'd find a few more.

Lavender:
Lavender

SpringRoll:
SpringRoll

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Springroll is like a sillier version of Magan and Danai. Lavender seems kinda cute.

last edited at Jan 16, 2016 2:18PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

About SpringRoll's Daily Life, I found that Roll, Color-LES, have her own comic on Tapastic, Random Strip Compilation, when searcing for webcomics I recomend reading them on Tapastic because it's easier to find more about the artists, you can find their sites, like Tumblr, Deviantart or Facebook for example, you can also see what they're reading, which might take you to more yuri webcomics, it was looking at what s p r i n g is reading that I found Color-LES comic, and something ele I found, Color-LES is the creator of World Canvas.

last edited at Jan 16, 2016 5:57PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Not really going for Springroll, to be honest. Something kinda iffy about drawing yourself as the smart one who's basically on top, smacks the dumber one, etc. With Magan & Danie, at least she draws that in a self-effacing way, with herself in the silly person role.

Lavender shows a lot of promise, though. I like it so far.

last edited at Jan 16, 2016 6:37PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Not really going for Springroll, to be honest. Something kinda iffy about drawing yourself as the smart one who's basically on top, smacks the dumber one, etc. With Magan & Danie, at least she draws that in a self-effacing way, with herself in the silly person role.

M&D is definitely the better of the two, and I like their artstyle as well.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Oh, Aria has a new rythm game called Aria Aqua Ritmo. I only mention in here because the anime is quite subtexty. Anyone going to play it?

1w
joined Jun 17, 2015

Ermuzibu is actually Danai, not Magan. I stalk their weibo.

That aside, lots of yuri webcomics pop out when you search for "yuri" in tapastic -->http://tapastic.com/search/SERIES/list?query=yuri

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Ermuzibu is actually Danai, not Magan. I stalk their weibo.

That aside, lots of yuri webcomics pop out when you search for "yuri" in tapastic -->http://tapastic.com/search/SERIES/list?query=yuri

It does happen I suppose, that the artist's partner is the sillier one of the two, and the artist's comics is about them having to deal with their shit

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

So I just discovered (I think) that Morishima Akiko is a Root x Shaw shipper. She retweed something that had one of those shipping collages with Root saying Shaw could end her anytime.

last edited at Jan 17, 2016 11:48PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Just finished Black Sails, amazing show, amazing second season. The second season did a really good job at giving Flint enough depth for me to not want him dead anymore, quite the opposite actually. And the season finale was absolutely beautiful.

Sadly, I don't think we'll be getting AnnexMax as endgame even though I really hope we do. But even though the yuri is actually a pretty big part of the show, Black Sails has enough to offer for me to maybe even get over my ship not happening. I also kinda fear for Anne's, Max's and Jack's well being in general with Flint and Vane after them, possibly Blackbeard too.

Lastly. really surprised at how, for the lack of a better word, brave the show is. In a nobody-is-safe-environment, it's kinda amazing how no queer character died yet and from the four leading ladies they totally killed the only straight one. Which by the way was really sad. Did I mention how good season two was at character development? Really didn't like her at first.
Really brave though, not for the lack of a better word this time, was the reveal about Flint's bisexuality. Making the alpha-male-badass-main-character in a show so obviously aimed at straight men bisexual really takes some courage. It was also kinda nice to read them bitch about it. I like salt, apparently

Anyways, really recommend watching the show if you don't mind a bit of forced drama(tm).

last edited at Jan 18, 2016 2:53AM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I kinda full-on fujoshi with Flint. <_<;; It was really sad. And the fucker who killed Miranda died a horrible bloody death. Made me superhappy lol.

Anne Bonney was a famous female pirate irl, and I think she had a female partner.

Edit: Yeah, Mary Read. I think Maxine is supposed to be a replacement for Mary (?). Actuall lesbianism of Mary and Anne is unknown. Also there is no record of Anne having been executed, which I find interesting.

last edited at Jan 18, 2016 5:59AM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^Well, Jack and Anne are like, historically confirmed endgame but the show obviously took some liberties. I will always root for those two but I'm just gonna prepare for disappointment.

And since we don't have topic for movies in general, there is a petition to release a PG13 cut of Deadpool. Idiots.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Oh they dumbed it down so children can see it?

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I found another web seires that isn't on the list. This is called Kiss Her I'm Famous. Its a really funny web series and of course it has yuri in it. You can watch all the two seasons on youtube. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXaPfRWOmmI
Im just going to say episode 5 is the best when you watch you guys will see why.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Oh they dumbed it down so children can see it?

Nah, someone just started a petition for a seperate release. It's not gonna happen.

Probably gonna start Jessica Jones today. More depressing rape stories. Yay.

last edited at Jan 18, 2016 2:27PM

joined Jan 21, 2015

Kitsune Spirit

So I just discovered (I think) that Morishima Akiko is a Root x Shaw shipper. She retweed something that had one of those shipping collages with Root saying Shaw could end her anytime.

Couldn't find anything (recent tweets or back when the episode aired), I'd love a link if you've got one. She posts a lot of cat pictures, though!

I did, however, find this (completely unrelated). Seems very relevant to the interests of the people who have been waiting for years for the cell phone-only continuation to Carbonard Crown to make it online in a form or another. I was unable to find out anything more about it, and it might just be a one-shot doujinshi, but I guess that knowing this exists is a start. If anyone still cares.

OriginalGengar

Really brave though, not for the lack of a better word this time, was the reveal about Flint's bisexuality. Making the alpha-male-badass-main-character in a show so obviously aimed at straight men bisexual really takes some courage. It was also kinda nice to read them bitch about it. I like salt, apparently

I checked the TVtropes page a while back and it was really hilarious to see people try to downplay that element. I'm glad the show had the balls to go there.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

TB posted:

I did, however, find this (completely unrelated). Seems very relevant to the interests of the people who have been waiting for years for the cell phone-only continuation to Carbonard Crown to make it online in a form or another. I was unable to find out anything more about it, and it might just be a one-shot doujinshi, but I guess that knowing this exists is a start. If anyone still cares.

Maybe post that in Carbonard Crown or Shinonome Mizuo thread? Cause here this kind of information will be lost with time after some pages and pretty much no one will see it, in the relevant thread at least eventually someone might see and search for it.

joined Jan 21, 2015

You're right, I'll do that. Now to phrase it in a way that doesn't give people false hope...

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Just finished The 100. People spoiler about the books just doesn't make me want to read it, Clarke seems to have a hundred haha love interests...

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

TB posted:

You're right, I'll do that. Now to phrase it in a way that doesn't give people false hope...

Haha, good luck with that, it's not going to be easy, if it's even possible... (T-T)

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I checked the TVtropes page a while back and it was really hilarious to see people try to downplay that element. I'm glad the show had the balls to go there.

Haha, didn't see anyone trying to downplay it, just whine about it. Those people, man. Downplaying it doesn't even work because his love for Thomas is such a big part of his motivation for everything he's done.

To reply you must either login or sign up.