Forum › sono hanabira - mangagamer - A Kiss For The Petals: Remembering How We Met - preorder

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Why is the game tagged with "nudity"?
I must be blind.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Does that suggest that VNs generally sell within a fairly narrow range?

A lot of other VNs released a few months ago cap at like 3000 ± 1000. Stuff that aint popular, stuff you don't really see much of or if at all.

Popular-fanservice-y VNs that you hear or see a lot (Nekopara or the Sakura series) get waaay more. Released not long ago:
http://steamspy.com/app/385800

Why is the game tagged with "nudity"?

Well, thing is steam tags are not reliable, and sometimes even jokes. (ppl probably thought it was gonna have sexual content... given the franchise. The game had Horror tags for a while x)

Also, seems like nudity tags make it so ppl have to put in their ages in some countries before getting in the game's store page.

joined Mar 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROu9E7aHOzw

They're talking about the release of Remembering How We Met right?

It was so short though, I mean I know it was gonna be because it was a mobile 'game', but still, a little over 2 hours of reading.

Now I really want "Michael no Otome-tachi" and the other two to be translated quicker xD

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Now I really want "Michael no Otome-tachi" and the other two to be translated quicker xD

EvilDevil has been linking some fantranslations videos, and the lastest 2 on this thread are of that game.

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6842-sono-hanabira-ni-kuchizuke-o-nyuu-jene-trial-yuri-visual-novel-fansubbed?page=1#forum_post_131684

just fyi

joined Mar 25, 2013

^ I know, I prefer to have it and play it through myself.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

^ well, who knows when that will happen :s

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

http://blog.mangagamer.org/2015/10/02/st-michael-girls-school-column-the-day-to-day-of-yuri-vol-8/

Now then, you may be wondering, “Why exclude male characters entirely?” and as producer, I would respond that the world in the Petals games is not entirely devoid of males, but that I wanted it to be a world where romance between two girls was recognized as natural.

Girls like other girls of their own volition. Therefore, the girls in the world of yuri think of their partners as anything but male-substitutes. That means handsome, somewhat masculine girls are unnecessary, as is masculine sex appeal.

Interesting approach.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

http://blog.mangagamer.org/2015/10/02/st-michael-girls-school-column-the-day-to-day-of-yuri-vol-8/

Now then, you may be wondering, “Why exclude male characters entirely?” and as producer, I would respond that the world in the Petals games is not entirely devoid of males, but that I wanted it to be a world where romance between two girls was recognized as natural.

Girls like other girls of their own volition. Therefore, the girls in the world of yuri think of their partners as anything but male-substitutes. That means handsome, somewhat masculine girls are unnecessary, as is masculine sex appeal.

Interesting approach.

Mmmm, you can make a story and have background male characters without making it look like the girls are substitutes, kinda disagree with him there. But then again, background characters in this series (regardless of gender) barely have any relevance - they don't even have portraits/sprites and rarely ever appear in CGs. Since the stories are completely narrowed-down-focused on the 2 girls.

But I can see where he is going, he wants "girly girls" to fall for "girly girls", as in making it glaring obvious that its not substituting males, and thats fine.

He just wanted more yuri like that, as he said:

The Petals series was born out of seeing that there weren’t all that many yuri works out there, and nine years ago proclaiming, “I’ll just make my own then!”

last edited at Oct 6, 2015 1:47PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

But I can see where he is going, he wants "girly girls" to fall for "girly girls", as in making it glaring obvious that its not substituting males, and thats fine.

And yet, Morishima Akiko (for instance) managed that just fine without resorting to femme x femme as a trope. It's only necessary to make it clear in the narrative, and you're pretty much covered.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Actually, as far as I can tell, none of the SonoHana games deal with sexuality issues or insights of that kind.

iirc, they are set on:
avoiding the "but we are both girls" situations. <- suppose this is why it is not addressed.
no guys or other girls will come by to sweep (or attempt to) one of the girls. no NTR.
(along with other minor stuff on that link)
Also seems to tend not have much dramatic moments, there are actually like 2-3 throughout all the games. as well as love triangles.

the focus is the romance between the 2 girls alone where the girl always gets the girl, and the relationship itself after that... and ofc the nice love-filled sex. They aim for simple feel-good stories. Which might result dull at times.

(tho the "new generation" game has 3 couples who are in the same class interacting with each other, has quite a lot of dynamics going on, and the characters seems to have much more going on resulting in something with much more substance and depth.. makes me which that one had been officially translated instead).

Anyways, that is the reason why I and many others appreciate the series.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I don't know where you saw the love triangles (excluding Runa/Takako/Runa's sister, which I don't know if it is), unless you meant that there aren't love triangles.

But yeah, that's why I completely adore the series, because they are light and don't force drama for the sake of it. The most 'dramatic' thing that I remember from what is translated (and what I've finished) is the two Sara x Kaede games and the Mai x Reo one where Reo was gonna move or something like that.

I think it would be a good starting point to start from Maidens of St. Michael, as a first localization VN, since it has all the couples. Who knows though. I was surprised they decided to go with the All-ages first, since I'm sure they knew they weren't gonna get as much as if they localized one of the 18+ ones.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

unless you meant that there aren't love triangles.

That is what i meant x)

I think it would be a good starting point to start from Maidens of St. Michael, as a first localization VN, since it has all the couples. Who knows though. I was surprised they decided to go with the All-ages first, since I'm sure they knew they weren't gonna get as much as if they localized one of the 18+ ones.

Yeah, as cute as How We Met was, that one would've been better too. Has some of what I like from the new generation: couples from previous games sometimes interacting with the main couple, as support characters, even introducing them.

Woulda liked even a version with the h-scenes ripped off... It was probably easier to get an all-ages VN on Steam. But oh well, hope they are still encouraged to officially release more.

last edited at Oct 6, 2015 5:24PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Yeah, they could've done like other eroges that are on steam, make it All-ages on it, and then have an 'uncensor' patch uploaded on the company page.

Hopefully How We Met did well and they're gonna port other games, hell, they can even get permission from the translators from the games who are done so far (they have said that they wouldn't mind that and instead they'd like that very much) and touch the translations a bit and get them on steam.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

^ Nice, that would be awesome.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcQAv6D2vsY
A Kiss For The Petals: Remembering How We Met - Promotional Video ENG subtitle

joined Aug 19, 2012

I suppose we won't see next installment from mangagamer due to bad sales?

last edited at Jan 14, 2016 3:06PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Do we have sales numbers?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Do we have sales numbers?

just an estiamte here,

http://steamspy.com/app/397270

MangaGamer sold Steam keys from their site, so... there is no other place to look at. Only they know their numbers, don't think anything has been public.

That aside, it was generally well received, even tho its not really the best VN of the series.

last edited at Jan 14, 2016 9:10PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

And that is only counting the steam version, it lacks the fully installable version.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

And that is only counting the steam version, it lacks the fully installable version.

Where else was it distributed?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

mangagamer.
https://www.mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=149

its in the OP.

thought they sold steam keys.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

They sell both. I picked up the downloadable version because I don't really like Steam.

joined Aug 19, 2012

Wish I knew earlier. Was slightly embarrassed playing that on steam

To reply you must either login or sign up.