Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

joined Mar 25, 2013

Finally finished the rest of the books in the "Portland Police Bureau Series" by Jae. For now, I think these are the best books from her. Then again the author was kind of in her element so xD My only gripe is about the marriage proposal at the end of the second book. Considering the fears of the person and that a few minutes before that she offered for them to move in. It was odd. Otherwise, a perfect example of how an author can write a relationship without all the bullshit that all authors are so fond of when they want 'drama'.

I still need to finish 'Under a Falling Star' with the friend that is mentioned a few times in the second book and the little extra. Aiden and Dawn do make an appearance so.

Edit: Well, finished it. Didn't think it would take so little. I don't know. It's the one I liked the least so far from her books. We'll see, there's a few remaining.

last edited at Jan 10, 2016 2:16PM

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Recently I find an unique game ending up with yuri marriage. Well, I don't know if I want to believe or not. The female MC Kaede (green hair) end up with various girls. I don't know what the title of this game and it's only available on PS1(sounds too late !!!). It's Ayakashi Ninden or something else.
NOTE : To be honest, I don't know how to mark them as spoilers for all my posts.

last edited at Jan 10, 2016 8:01PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Made a quick search, it's Ayakashi Ninden Kunoichiban, it have 13 endings, apparently only female characters and in the best ending you marry one of them, unfortunately no translation for it.

The search also gave me this page where you can see name of a few other games with lesbians.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Finally came around to reading Always Human and it's like, really good. The most recent chapter was beautiful.

joined Jan 21, 2015

I don't watch The 100, but Eliza Taylor is a sweetheart (sorry for posting a link to a tumblr screencap, it seemed easier). It makes me happy that she, her colleagues and the showrunner are so supportive of their same-sex pairing even though the het shippers keep harassing them to make their ship happen. I just hope they keep their word.

Judging from the latest news, it looks like you guys are in for some good stuff in season 3.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

The girl side-hugging Clarke... wtf is up with her head? It looks like someone copy and pasted someone elses. I'm not making fun of her, it's all I could think of. o. O

joined Mar 25, 2013

So I read 'Backwards to Oregon' by Jae, and I really, really liked the journey. I don't know how to feel about the romance. I mean I like that as well, I guess it didn't feel as smooth flowing as her other works, but I chalk it up to this being the first book she's written (and she has done a splendid job of it). I don't know what to say about Luke's sexuality though. She herself doesn't like to refer to herself as either man or woman. On a few occasions though, she says that she feels more comfortable in portraying/being a man rather than a woman. So wouldn't that technically be a straight romance rather than lesbian? I don't know, my concentration has been shit for the last few days so I probably missed/misunderstood something. If someone has read it I'd like to hear the impressions they got. One thing that bothered me a bit was Nora's love confession, I mean I can see why she does it, after the scare that happens, but it still didn't feel like she really does love her you know? Also a few chapters of them building the house would've been nice, instead of just the two year time-skip epilogue of sorts. I guess that's why it feels a little weird. Nora's confession and all, doesn't have time to sink in.

But yeah, the journey part (as I said) was really good, but the romance wasn't shown that well. There's a sequel (and a compilation of short stories that I sadly don't have) and after the sequel another short story. The sequel (and the short story) as far as I understood was about their eldest daughter

last edited at Jan 12, 2016 5:08PM

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I watched Carol the movie and I have to say the chemistry between the two leads is sorely lacking. Its a decent film but I wished they casted actresses with more chemistry bewteen them. The 1950s setting was pretty cool but ill have to give the movie a 6/10.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Just watched the season finale of Black Sails and it was fantastic! There's still a chance of yuri as well. :D

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I watched Carol the movie and I have to say the chemistry between the two leads is sorely lacking. Its a decent film but I wished they casted actresses with more chemistry bewteen them. The 1950s setting was pretty cool but ill have to give the movie a 6/10.

^THIS

joined Mar 25, 2013

I've seen people grumbling about bait in Law & Order: SVU, can anyone clarify what they did? I really don't want to go through 17 seasons xD

joined Nov 30, 2011

Law & Order is one of those shows where you don't need to watch previous seasons.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Unless you want the back story of the chatacters. Then I wish you well with a 17 season marathon lol. But I dont think missing their backstories will detract from the episodic content.

joined Mar 25, 2013

It was my understanding that the backstory for the one character who is involved is pretty important, that's why I'm asking.

There was an episode of Law & Order (not SVU, but Criminal Intent) in season 9 I think it was episode 4 that the criminal was a lesbian who killed/hurt someone who was out to hurt the girl she liked/loved. Haven't seen it in a while, but I think it was something like that.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Watched Carol, it was okay.

^100% truth, Like, the chemistry was missing to the extent that the romance seemed kinda... off, I guess.

Just watched the season finale of Black Sails and it was fantastic! There's still a chance of yuri as well. :D

Good to know, thanks. I'll probably start it tomorrow then.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I don't know if this was mentioned before in the post but I found a web series called Venice The Series. Season 1 and season 2 are on youtube. Season 3 and 4 you have to pay for in order to view it. I watched the first two seasons and was hooked. Its a really well made webseries with lots of lesbian scences and romances. You can watch the first episode here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f43ZzXt4EKA

last edited at Jan 14, 2016 6:18PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Watched the first two episodes of Black Sails and I love it. Max is awesome but even yuri aside the show has a really good cast of characters as well as the obvious advantage of being about pirates. I'm gonna watch (at least) two more episodes tomorrow and I already know what's gonna happen in those two episodes so tomorrow is gonna be one depressing day.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

There's a new anime called Neon Genesis IMPACTS. I don't know if this story has connection with Evangelion or not. At least, there's a kiss between two female MC, very nice.

last edited at Jan 14, 2016 8:36PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Black Sails is def a sailboat ride in a storm! I think it got better in season 2. There's also a lot "plot".

joined Mar 25, 2013

Finally finished the third book in the 'Hollywood Series' by Jae titled 'Just Physical'. An aptly named one as well, so for those who love angst, they should read it. It's been a while since I wanted to strangle one of the MCs of a book. It's a very good, don't get me wrong, but I really, really dislike angst and I only got through it because I liked Jill in the second book. And as such it's the second least liked book by me from Jae.

'Shaken to the Core' is gonna come out in summer sometime so I have that to look forward to.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I am so over Eleanor.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

lol what season/ep you on? Max and Anne are the best. And that dark haied girl with the mole, I like her too, I think she only be in S2 though.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Episode 4 right now, I'm watching in like 10 minute segments because of video games. So on board the Anne ship.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

For some reason I feel like reading a vampire series. Of course it has to be yuri. I've seen Carmilla and read the book about the vampire and the genie.

Anyone got any suggestions?

To reply you must either login or sign up.