Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

joined Jan 21, 2015

^Thanks. So how many explosions are there, Micheal Bay and all?

I don't know, sorry. I've only seen a trailer and a few fanvids, and I don't remember any explosions, but predictably there was a lot of blood. I wonder how much power Michael Bay has because it seems distinctly smarter than most of his usual productions.

It makes bigots so angry and I love it.

Yeah, that's always pretty funny.

Reading comments by het shippers angry that things didn't go their way for once can be really funny (if I'm not familiar with the source material; otherwise the hate does kind of sting). Last year when Legend of Korra ended and the het shippers were raising hell, I was cackling in front of my computer at all the displays of stupidity. Shame this kind of situation doesn't happen often.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Het shippers are about as comical as the bigots and bible-thumpers.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Well, my experiences aren't really about shipping. Just denial about Ellie in Last of Us being gay and people complaining how there are too many queer people in the PreSequel.
Though the funniest thing is how people complain about Athena x Janey being a shitty couple because of not having enough build up when Moxxi x Mordecai is like the most popular ship of the game. Not counting Roland x Lilith, I don't know how popular that is. Also not counting Rhys x Sash cause it's like, actually a focus of the game and Gortys x Loader cause that would be unfair to everybody else.

last edited at Dec 16, 2015 4:01PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I liked Nisha so much in Pre, and Gaige in 2, Lilith in 1.

Janey hit on Athena a lot, and told Nishe she wasn't her type lol. I was like, that's ok, you're not my type either.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

BL2 had some gay. Hammerlock tasked you with finding audio logs of his ex boyfriend, Axton and Torgue are bi (confirmed in Tiny Tina DLC, though I don't know where), Moxxi has been bi pretty much forever and talked about dating Big Momma in the Torgue DLC as well as some occasional "Has Moxxi said anything about me?"s from female characters in Sanctuary and Scarlett, there were the audio logs in the Exploitation Reserve about a woman being forced to do experiments on a gay couple because Jack threatened her girlfriend and Tiny Tina is super gay.
On a side note, Maya is also confirmed asexual and they kinda hinted at her also being aromantic it in the Wedding DLC.

Edit: I swear this was relevant when I started typing it.

Most fun I had in Borderlands was with Maya.

last edited at Dec 16, 2015 4:34PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Seeing Lilith in Pre made me want to play BL1 again, but the game play is so clunky by comparison.

Oh%20hoh%20hoh%20hoh
joined Jul 15, 2015

BL2 had some gay. Hammerlock tasked you with finding audio logs of his ex boyfriend, Axton and Torgue are bi (confirmed in Tiny Tina DLC, though I don't know where), Moxxi has been bi pretty much forever and talked about dating Big Momma in the Torgue DLC as well as some occasional "Has Moxxi said anything about me?"s from female characters in Sanctuary and Scarlett, there were the audio logs in the Exploitation Reserve about a woman being forced to do experiments on a gay couple because Jack threatened her girlfriend and Tiny Tina is super gay.
On a side note, Maya is also confirmed asexual and they kinda hinted at her also being aromantic it in the Wedding DLC.

Edit: I swear this was relevant when I started typing it.

Most fun I had in Borderlands was with Maya.

Heh, sorry I deleted my post as it felt stupid.
Basically I said Mechromancer is probably the funniest RPG class I've played to date and there was minimal gay in BL1 and 2 but I was proven (at least half) wrong. Damn you, poor memory. And indifference.

And yes, Maya is also probably my favourite from the 3 games. Like everytime you get to use Ruin and Converge.

last edited at Dec 16, 2015 4:47PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yeah, Ruin is like the best skill of the game, especially with Converge. Free slag is so awesome. Obviously excluding the complete brokeness that is Gunzerker.

And the gay stuff was all really minor so you were pretty much 60% right.

I really want an explosive class for Borderlands 3, Tiny Tina, Torgue or Moxxi would totally work. Also Scarlett and another Siren.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I love Moxxi! I really really want her as a playable next game!

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

If someone is interested, you can find Carol near pirate's favourite bay

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Just watched the first ep of Black Sails, it was great! Flint was quite attractive, but the one I swooned over was that prostitute that hooked up with John Sn... Silver to sell the treasure map. So pretty.

joined Mar 25, 2013

So I finished 'Tumbleweed Fever' by LJ Maas, and I should probably stop reading Western era books xD First one (Josie and Rebecca) had 3 (though there are more like 5-6) rape attempts, and rape at the same time as one of the attempts, though not done to the two MCs And this one (Tumbleweed Fever) I thought at the start well, she's (the former outlaw MC) been only beaten (not that it's okay or anything, but it's described as just that) and not raped. Then comes near end of the book and it's revealed that she was in fact raped. By more than 20 men (I think the band she was leading was somewhere around 50). Nonstop, one after the other. I mean really? I know it's a Western setting and there are outlaws and stuff, but really? It was a nice book otherwise.

Also read 8 of the short Natalie Vivien stories (4.5k to 6k-ish words each) and they were cute. Good for a pick-me-up. Also read 'The Ghost of a Chance' which is longer, and I liked that one as well. Has supernatural stuff going on, but the final pages leave me a bit weird. Like, it's kind of implied that the current woman in her life (her first one died and is a ghost) will always be second, and that bugs me to be honest. I know, I know. First love (I think? At least there was never any mention of anyone else in her life before her) and all, and it always stays, but I feel kind of sorry for Alis (the MC's love interest after her partner dies). Leaves a little bit of a bitter taste in my mouth.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Speaking of books, I just read Finding Home by Georgia Beers. I feel like it was one of her weaker ones which still makes it one of the better ones in general.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Speaking of books, I just read Finding Home by Georgia Beers. I feel like it was one of her weaker ones which still makes it one of the better ones in general.

Weird. I know I've read that one, but I can't place it. And the Amazon description doesn't help.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

It's the one where they share custody over the dog. One of the women has a pink streak for breast cancer support for her friend in her hair. The other woman is depressed because her long time girlfriend left her for a man.
Those are the most characteristic things I can think of.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I forgot how romantic SR4 was.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

OriginalGengar posted:

I forgot how romantic SR4 was.

I played it again some weeks ago but from what I remember what Gat says sounds pretty romantic...

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Not as romantic as Kenzi though.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Saints Row IV is one of my favorite games when it comes to just running around and blowing stuff up, it's just SO MUCH FUN. I loved that they kept the exact same dialogue for a male or female Boss (for example, if you flirt with Pierce as a woman he still says he doesn't normally swing that way) and that you had to romance every companion to get their achievement. I wonder how homophobic achievement hunters reacted to that one.

And while it was probably deliberate in this case, in some games where you play as a custom character you can just tell that the developers inserted random flirty dialogue from female NPCs with a male player character in mind, and didn't bother removing it for female PCs.
In the intro for one of the factions in The Secret World, a woman goes down on your character regardless of their gender. It's a bit unexpected in a mainstream game, but why not. I know I didn't complain.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

says he doesn't normally swing that way

I thought that was about the casual sex part.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Oh, I hadn't thought of it that way. I assumed he referred to his orientation, but that would make sense for both a male or female Boss.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Finished a few hours ago with the second book in the Hollywood Series from Jae 'Damage Control' and it was really good. The romance was rather slow, but considering how much shit could've happened it was better the way it was written I think. The disasters that could've (and did) happen were subversed. In the sense that they were handled properly and one by one. Which I really liked, and while this deals with another straight woman realizing she's gay (or at least has feelings for one particular woman) the sex scene(s) were not unnecessary like they would've been in 'Something in the Wine'. The desire was clear and she (Grace, the straight girl) even grumbles about how good self-control her love interest has. I think Elsanna fanfics have broken me and now I can only see the worst possible outcome in stories so I was really pleasantly surprised at what happens in this book. Anyway.. A character from the first book 'Departure from the Script' also shows up for a bit, but not for too long (reminder for those who want just a sweet romance with absolutely no angst/drama, go read that).

I'll be reading the third in the series 'Just Physical' about the best friend of Grace and Lauren(the publicist-turned-screenwriter) Jill, that I think acts in the movie that Lauren has shown that she writes a script during the second book. At least based on the description and what is shown the script to be. And is supposed to be a little angstier than her usual works. The title says it all why perhaps that would be.

Also Jae is writing said movie story/script ('Shaken to the Core' same as the script/movie) into a stand-alone story. It's a historical book set in 1906 during the San Fracisco earthquake, so that's gonna be probably fun.

last edited at Dec 22, 2015 7:41PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Anyone got a suggestion for a really good book (or long, completed fanfiction, AUs are very much okay)? Pretty much okay with anything that's fun to read but if you're really cool then you'll suggest something with either an anti hero or some kind of villain-hero romance. Happy end also kinda required.

last edited at Dec 24, 2015 12:39AM

joined Jan 21, 2015

Anyone got a suggestion for a really good book (or long, completed fanfiction, AUs are very much okay)? Pretty much okay with anything that's fun to read but if you're really cool then you'll suggest something with either an anti hero or some kind of villain-hero romance. Happy end also kinda required.

Andi Marquette's Far Seek Chronicles is a sci-fi series featuring a slow burn romance between a criminal and a military officer. Other than that, I have trouble thinking of anything good with antiheroes in published lesbian fiction, and even then, the thief is, like, a nice thief. Afterparty by Daryl Gregory seems like it could fit from what I've heard, but I haven't read it (it's on my list, apparently it's really good). Most of the time, even vampires and assassins are 100% heroic.

If you don't mind reading fanfic for shows you haven't seen, This Glee story, about a killer for hire and a university professor, is one of those AU fics that completely change the characters so it doesn't matter if you don't know them. It's set in Japan for some reason, but doesn't give off a weeaboo vibe (only my opinion of course, but I have no patience for that sort of stuff). And it's really well-researched.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez Note

Just so you all know, we now have forum categories. So if you want to have a thread dedicated to a specific series, feel free to do so and either put it in the Other Media (which is basically non-anime yuri), or Video Games if that applies. From what I'm seeing a books or fanfiction thread (or both!) wouldn't be a bad choice as well.

Of course you can always continue with this thread, it's not going anywhere.

To reply you must either login or sign up.