Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V2 + FAQ

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I'm quite late here, but I finally realized that I could list my pairings. (As in "Read", "Favorites", etc.)
That was the best thing besides the spoiler formatting thing.

So I'm just dropping by to say: Thank you so much, omnscient0 for all your work! And also thanks to everyone else who chipped in, suggestions and all!

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

What's the purpose of the 'Anime' tag?

Thanks @Troid

last edited at Aug 18, 2013 4:06AM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Cloudy Sky Library had some missing pages, it now has been completely updated with all the pages: http://yurihou.se/?p=103

Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

What's the purpose of the 'Anime' tag?

It's used to tag series that have an anime counterpart.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

A way to clear all your reading lists would be nice (the ones you can't already delete). I've made new accounts because deleting them 1 by 1 would take ages.

Its on my To Do list.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

I'm quite late here, but I finally realized that I could list my pairings. (As in "Read", "Favorites", etc.)

Ya, that was added at same time as chapter notifications. I probably should have mentioned it in here.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

I have implemented limiting chapter downloads to 8 per day per IP.

This isn't something I really wanted to do, but with our growth the past few months it has become a necessity. Image downloading speed has been noticeably slowing down, so that even with preloading you have to wait for the next page to load. We are currently using ~25 TB of bandwidth a month, and it is starting to show on the server.

Ideally downloads would be unlimited, and would even have something in place to facilitate mass downloads. This site has always been a reader first, and downloads will take a backseat to reading when needed.

joined Apr 19, 2012

In the Reading Lists, why are both one-shots and series' chapters both called "Chapters"?
It makes it a tad bit confusing.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

In the Reading Lists, why are both one-shots and series' chapters both called "Chapters"?

Because they're individual chapters as opposed to anthologies or series, which are collectively called "groupings."

It's either a grouping (a collection of chapters) or it's a chapter. They're complementary terms.

joined Apr 19, 2012

Because they're individual chapters as opposed to anthologies or series, which are collectively called "groupings."

It's either a grouping (a collection of chapters) or it's a chapter. They're complementary terms.

Oh okay, thanks for letting me know. I was just confused since there was no "Grouping" term, but only the terms "Series" and "Chapters".

Edit: Oh nevermind. I see "Anthology" too. Guess those groupings are separate, eh?

last edited at Aug 15, 2013 4:19PM

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

I thought you meant the "X chapters, Y groupings" count on the lists page.

Teast
joined Aug 17, 2013

I have implemented limiting chapter downloads to 8 per day per IP.

This isn't something I really wanted to do, but with our growth the past few months it has become a necessity. Image downloading speed has been noticeably slowing down, so that even with preloading you have to wait for the next page to load. We are currently using ~25 TB of bandwidth a month, and it is starting to show on the server.

Ideally downloads would be unlimited, and would even have something in place to facilitate mass downloads. This site has always been a reader first, and downloads will take a backseat to reading when needed.

I have really slow internet connection, and online reading isn't really good for me.
For me, i don't really mind about 8 per day, but whenever i try to download 1 chapter after 24 hours, it show me "8 per day" notification. So i was thinking, is it download based on user IP or chapter limit per day?

Sorry for my english

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

It's currently based on IP.
If having a dynamic IP is actually screwing with your ability to even reach the limit, perhaps an account-based tracker combined with the IP tracker can be used as well, Omnscient0?

last edited at Aug 17, 2013 3:45PM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Wide pages often don't scale correctly.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Can you give a example?

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Tenco's Story
Little Red Riding Hood Christa
Some pages of How to Improve Your Relationship with Mikasa: very first page,this one, this one too.

There are some other wide pages that do fit ok - but not all. For example, this page scales perfectly, no problems.
1920x1080, latest Firefox.

Also, if a page has low height, typing space in search bar causes forward navigation. If a page is not short, space does not scroll down.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Can you take a screenshots perhaps, showing the problem? For me all of those work fine.

Here's what the Little Red Riding Hood Christa one looks like on my computer for example. http://puu.sh/44ea4.jpg

Heard a lot of people have problems with Tenco's Story, but it work's for me too. http://puu.sh/44edX.jpg

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

http://puu.sh/44eA3.jpg
http://puu.sh/44eBx.jpg
I checked just in case, and it seems to be Firefox-related problem, Chrome is OK.

last edited at Aug 17, 2013 5:28PM

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Yep, confirmed Firefawks problem.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Second problem, space in search bar causing forward navigation if page is small, seems to be reproduced in Chrome too.

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

The accidental page navigation while typing in the search field is a known thing already.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

The accidental page navigation while typing in the search field is a known thing already.

Just fixed this.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

I'll look into it.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Page selection box in iOS view would be a good adition.

joined Sep 21, 2012

Would there be a way to list releases chronologically as they appear on the front page instead of the way they appear in the Recently Added tab?
It seems like the Recently Added tab lists all chapters that have been uploaded, regardless of whether they are "new" or just old releases, whereas the front page only lists actual "new" chapters.

As someone who visits a few times a week, it can be a bit hard to find recent material that has disappeared off the main page in between visits.

To reply you must either login or sign up.