Forum › Valkyrie Drive, New Multimedia Project by Senran Kagura's Creator

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

^ Also a her btw, in case you weren't joking (:

I am shocked and appalled that you would besmirch his overpowering masculinity like that!

Indeed, just look at him!

And yes, most likely the remaining islands are being saved for sequels.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

any news on the mangas for the games?

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Tons of new Bhikkhuni screenshots. It seems there are four levels of transformation between the pairings, the higher the level, the better weapons you get and "bolder" transformation scenes

www.famitsu.com/news/201510/22091220.html

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Commie subs for ep2 are out for anyone who still does not have it uncensored with subs.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

My favourite pair so far is Lady J and Rein. We only got to see them a very few moments but their dynamic is quite interesting from the few moments that I've seen. But I think they will barely get air time, prob 5 seconds each episode or something. I was seriously waiting more for their appearance, rather than care about the main character's story. I'm not particularly fond of the stereotype of overly shy and weak protagonist. And the Tsundere loner, also a very cliche type for a main character

I think problem with this type of animes is that they confuse the audience. Most people come for ecchi, but then there is plot and that can be annoying ti those who only watch it for the hentai parts, who my guess is, they are the majority. People who want action will not choose it either, because someone can not just ignore all of the flashing and focus on the plot. So the plot automatically can be labelled as "ridiculous" by those who actually care to watch it for the fights/ story development. Plots are wasted opportunities in animes like this imo. Just like Seikon No Quaser that had a very good story but the boob thing was really undermining it.
I will watch the next episodes, but I think after some point it will get predictable and the fights will be just fillers to make a show about flashing boobs. A show depends a lot on its characters, and from the few that I've seen, the characters are very typical and overused in anime already

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

^ Also a her btw, in case you weren't joking (:

I am shocked and appalled that you would besmirch his overpowering masculinity like that!

Indeed, just look at him!

And yes, most likely the remaining islands are being saved for sequels.

wait so is she a guy or a girl I'm confuuuused maybe this is what I get for not reading properly lol

joined Mar 25, 2013

^ She's a girl :P

Also MacySan, while you have a point about the boobs/ecchi stuff (and even then not entirely accurate). It seems like you've watched something else, because Mirei isn't a tsundere (how did you get that?!) and while Mirei may be weak in human form (which is probably true for a lot of the characters when they're not wielding they're partners, bar Mirei) she is shown to be very strong. Also, you'd go around hugging the people that tried to kill you?

last edited at Oct 22, 2015 8:27PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

My favourite pair so far is Lady J and Rein. We only got to see them a very few moments but their dynamic is quite interesting from the few moments that I've seen. But I think they will barely get air time, prob 5 seconds each episode or something. I was seriously waiting more for their appearance, rather than care about the main character's story. I'm not particularly fond of the stereotype of overly shy and weak protagonist. And the Tsundere loner, also a very cliche type for a main character

I think problem with this type of animes is that they confuse the audience. Most people come for ecchi, but then there is plot and that can be annoying ti those who only watch it for the hentai parts, who my guess is, they are the majority. People who want action will not choose it either, because someone can not just ignore all of the flashing and focus on the plot. So the plot automatically can be labelled as "ridiculous" by those who actually care to watch it for the fights/ story development. Plots are wasted opportunities in animes like this imo. Just like Seikon No Quaser that had a very good story but the boob thing was really undermining it.
I will watch the next episodes, but I think after some point it will get predictable and the fights will be just fillers to make a show about flashing boobs. A show depends a lot on its characters, and from the few that I've seen, the characters are very typical and overused in anime already

Keep in mind they're still setting up the characters and the context. Lady Lady are prominent on promortional materials and the OP so I'm sure they will be major players on the show.

I don't think Mamori and Mirei are so much cliches as being "realistic" characters. Mamori is our audience surrogate and she acts mostly like a regular person would do when dragged into this insanity, while Mirei is utterly effective in combat but a pitiful mess at social interactions, not unlike a child soldier would act.

I've been following the reactions to the episodes on 4chan and I must say the reactions are pretty balanced, you got the people in just for the echii, people genuinely interested on the plot and a mix of both.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Marvelous shared the latest details on Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni, an upcoming PlayStation Vita action title by Senran Kagura producer Kenichiro Takaki, that will have you pair up girls that can transform into weapons.

In battle, you’ll get to press the square and triangle buttons with the right tempo to pull off a variety of combos. Combos can be done on the ground as well as in mid-air.

Pressing the circle button does an upward swing, holding down the circle button does a knockback attack, the R button does an evasive move in the air and ground, and holding down the X button puts the “Phantom” feature to use.

While in Phantom mode, you’ll get to move at super high speed while taking out a bunch of enemies around you. This feature will let you close the gap between you and the enemy, and works on the ground and in mid-air.

Taking damage in combat will result in costume breaks, and they can even destroy your entire outfit if the attack is strong enough.

By continuing to attack enemies, it’ll raise your Liberator and Exster Synchro rates. The Exter Synchro rate can fill up your Drive Gauge, and have it evolve four times. The more it evolves, the more powerful it becomes, as the girls transform into more beautiful and destructive weapons.[/quote]

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/22/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-details-more-of-its-battle-and-costume-break-systems/#POeW7r1lWyykiIoh.99

The Phantom and circle mechanics add a new layer to the gameplay and serve pretty well to diferentiate it from Senran. Specially if there isn't a jump button as the writing implies.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So it's a standard Beat'em'Up with a losing clothes mechanic. I guess I don't have to feel too bad about it not coming to 3DS then. And the mobile game is made by GREE and Mobage so that's just gonna be one of those card games without actual gameplay.
Not even sure if I should start the anime. I guess if they end the show with an actual relationship between the main characters, I might try watching it.

I don't know, I didn't expect much but I didn't think I would care this little about the franchise.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Next episode is Zero ARM. That title is actually addressed for Kasumi. I think it will be Kasumi + Charlotte vs Mirei + Mamori or maybe 2 against 1 ?? That will be a trouble for Mirei alone. I'm pretty curious about Charlotte's transformation. Is it with or without her Liberator ?

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Keep in mind they're still setting up the characters and the context. Lady Lady are prominent on promortional materials and the OP so I'm sure they will be major players on the show.

I don't think Mamori and Mirei are so much cliches as being "realistic" characters. Mamori is our audience surrogate and she acts mostly like a regular person would do when dragged into this insanity, while Mirei is utterly effective in combat but a pitiful mess at social interactions, not unlike a child soldier would act.

I've been following the reactions to the episodes on 4chan and I must say the reactions are pretty balanced, you got the people in just for the echii, people genuinely interested on the plot and a mix of both.

I have to agree with you that it's just 2 episodes so far, so who knows what will come out. We can't really have an entire picture just from the beggining, so I'm not going to jumb into conclusions.
For me personally, characters like Mamori are not that likeable. But this is personal taste. You see her as more realistic, I see her like the classic weak girl that awaits to be saved. But again, who knows what will happen in the future.

Also I have a genuine question for people who watch it for the ecchi parts (too). I was always wondering, why is the big breast thing supposedly attractive to some people? I can't get it, to me it looks more funny than anything else tbh.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

CUTE!!!!

MamoMire just go buy some bras.

Eeeeeeh?!
Mirei-san, you don't know about bras?!

This is no good!
Even though you're so bi... well developed!
Let's go buy some together!

Underwear store
Mirei-san!

How about this one?

If Mamori is choosing, then anything is fine.
Nod
Wow, really? Then let's take this one!

Maybe I will...
...buy one that matches.
...Just kidding...

(Bells and stuff)

Wah! Mirei-san?!
W-W-W... What happened?!

One year after the first episode.

Hey, Miss Virgin.
Did you forget your own gym uniform?
(It says "Shikishima" on her chest)

That's wrong~ It's not "virgin"~
E-Erm... this is not a mistake...

Yesterday, Mirei-san turned 16...
...so we got married.

Yesterday
I'm 16 now.
Please be my bride.
Eh?! Y-Yes!

joined Mar 25, 2013

Those are adorable, now someone needs to typeset them xD

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

ep3 out

Must say, the action was pretty good. Some good yuri moments. Plot is happening.

and the populace believes that the obvious girl dressed up as a man is a man? /facedesk

I thought they just turned into weapons, but that big breasted lady is a fucking motorcycle xD

I am gonna be watching censored versions (as well as uncensored), simply for the amusement. So much unnecessary censorship, it truly feels like its a joke.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Episode 3 ~Spoilers~

It seems like the Exterior/Liberator is not strictly the rule. For example, the ones in high positions seem to handle the power differently. The (annoying) pink haired girl seems like she's using more than one hands. The blue short haired one is called "Zero-Hand" and as we can see at the end of the episode she takes down Mirei without using any Exterior. So I guess she rarely needs, if ever, a hand. Lastly, I think the Lady Lady duo are both Etxerior and Liberator at the same time. Because in the intro you can see J(the purple haired one) using herself a sword which colors resemble the Rein's (the blonde's). And Rein uses her as a vehicle lol.
I must say, the episode was interesting. It should be a little longer though.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

use this soft for merging the subs
http://www.fosshub.com/MKVToolNix.html

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^You can just use VLC.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

an uncensored subbed version was uploaded on nyaa soon after the first subs tho.
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=748501

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

vlc got shitty playback quality for low end pc like mine.

wait so they're not lesbian only island/society? sucks...

last edited at Oct 24, 2015 6:14PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Sometimes it pays off to be on 4chan

Charlotte is weak as shit.
Victory has made her weak.
Peace has broken her bones.
Charlotte thought lesbianism was her ally, but she merely adopted the lesbian lifestyle while Mirei was born in it, molded by it, she didn't see a dick until she was a grown woman and by then it did nothing but disgust!

XDD

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Episode 3 is out. Charlotte is a Liberator with 5 harem Exstars ??? I think the next episode will be Lady Lady turn.

last edited at Oct 24, 2015 8:28PM

joined Oct 12, 2013

vlc got shitty playback quality for low end pc like mine.

wait so they're not lesbian only island/society? sucks...

mpv. I was using it to play 1080p MKVs flawlessly on a 7 year old laptop until about 6 months ago. The subs just need to be in the same folder with the same name as the file.

Also it's a trap.

To reply you must either login or sign up.