Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

joined Mar 25, 2013

Kinda sucks how Janet King makes you choose between a really healthy and loving relationship with her wife or the relationship with Erin that everyone wants to happen. I lowkey don't want Ash and Janet to break up but I smile everytime Janet and Erin have a scene together and kinda really want them to marry. Let's see what Season 2 has to offer in the Erin x Janet department.... probably nothing :/

So far there isn't going to be a second season. The last episode aired in December 2011. Unless they announced something recently. The page on IMDB about the last episode states the "series last episode" not season.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Janet King was renewed for a further eight episodes in June 2015.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Janet King was renewed for a further eight episodes in June 2015.

Huh, interesting that they haven't updated IMDB. Oh well. My bad :]

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I am so sold on Rizzoli & Isles.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Here. We pretty much talk about everything yiri related. :)

So...

I have been writing an Oreimo fanfict here. If anyone can read and give your opinion, I will be very appreciated. m ( _ _ ) m. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11370394/1/Oreimo-Fanfict-My-friend-can-t-be-this-much-into-BDSM

It's just that when a pairing was so obviously potential to be canon. But I couldn't find any fan materials of them. So decided to take it onto my own hand and make my own. For those who didn't know, unlike the anime, the novel made it quite clear that both Kuroneko and Ayase were liking/ loving Kirino as much if not more than her brother. And toward the end, the two (Kuroneko and Ayase) actually had a quite intimate BDSM~ish relationship behind everyone back.

last edited at Sep 2, 2015 8:01PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

For those who didn't know, unlike the anime, the novel made it quite clear that both Kuroneko and Ayase were liking/ loving Kirino as much if not more than her brother.

I couldn't watch it to the end, but I think Ayase is pretty gay for Kirino in the anime too (I'm pretty sure my goggles weren't even tight on my face).

last edited at Sep 2, 2015 8:26PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I remember Ayase being pretty hot for Kirino as well in the anime.

joined Feb 15, 2013

I didn't watch the whole anime, honestly. But read the entire LN.

Did they have the scene where Kyousuke (and later on Kirino) walked into the middle of Kuroneko and Ayase's BDSM~ish act? :D

But yeah since it's obvious that Kirino and Kyousuke ended up with each other. And Kuroneko and Ayase suddenly get awfully close and intimate. I think that it is quite reasonable to expect a Kuroneko x Ayase. I means it's canon that the two literally were getting excited/turned on by each other. That's a pretty clear indication that something could happen between them

last edited at Sep 2, 2015 9:02PM

joined Aug 16, 2014

But yeah since it's obvious that Kirino and Kyousuke ended up with each other.

I stopped watching just to avoid seeing that, actually. By the point I stopped, I believe Kuroneko barely interacted with Ayase.

last edited at Sep 2, 2015 9:02PM

joined Feb 15, 2013

I stopped watching just to avoid seeing that, actually. By the point I stopped, I believe Kuroneko barely interacted with Ayase.

Well not entirely spoiler, but long story short (from the LN). Ayase and Kuroneko were pretty much at each other throat over the siblings relationship. As Kuroneko supported them, while Ayase totally against it.

And since Ayase is a bit of sadist and Kuroneko awared of it. So Kuroneko tried to "consolidate their bad relationship" by allowing Ayase to dominate on her. Which Kyousuke walked onto them the first time they do it. And the two were described as 'out of a yuri screen' (looking very excited and was breathing hard)

Later on, it was Kirino turn who walked onto them, indicating that Kuroneko and Ayase did continue doing (what they called a communication/ ritual) behind everyone's back despite there was no longer needed to. Kirino even questioned the two were going out

last edited at Sep 2, 2015 9:36PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Well not entirely spoiler, but long story short. Ayase and Kuroneko were pretty much at each other throat over the siblings relationship. As Kuroneko supported them, while Ayase totally against it.

And since Ayase is a bit of sadist and Kuroneko awared of it. So Kuroneko tried to "consolidate their bad relationship" by allowing Ayase to dominate on her. Which Kyousuke walked onto them the first time they do it. And the two were described as out of a yuri screen, looking very excited and was breathing hard

Later on, it was Kirino turn who walked onto them, indicating that Kuroneko and Ayase did continue doing (what they called a communication/ ritual) behind everyone's back. Kirino even questioned the two were going out

That doesn't necessarily mean that they're going out though. It may as well mean that they're friends with benefits :P Not saying they haven't gotten together, but from what you describe it's not a romantic relationship.

joined Feb 15, 2013

That doesn't necessarily mean that they're going out though. It may as well mean that they're friends with benefits :P Not saying they haven't gotten together, but from what you describe it's not a romantic relationship.

But it means there is some foundation for the shipping through. That's why I wrote my fanfic to convert from that 'friends with benefits" status to a more confirmed one. :D

And when it comes to Oreimo fanfict, almost 99% is on Kyousuke x one of the girl. What's why I am here (shamelessly) try to start up some discussion/ draw more attention for Kuroneko x Ayase

So please read it, and give me reviews m(_ _)m
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11370394/1/Oreimo-Fanfict-My-friend-can-t-be-this-much-into-BDSM

last edited at Sep 2, 2015 9:37PM

joined Aug 16, 2014

Things are getting steamy on Idolon.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

The Season 1 finale of R&I is pretty shitty.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Don't remember if anyone talked about it but webcomic Sister Claire have lesbian side couple Oscar who is MtF and Catherine who is romantic asexual acording to the author, lgbt characters and apparently a good amount of subtext between Claire and some characters.

last edited at Sep 3, 2015 3:43PM

joined Aug 16, 2014

Don't remember if anyone talked about it but webcomic Sister Claire have lesbian side couple

Actually, I think you did a few pages ago, Thiaguinho-sama.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Don't remember if anyone talked about it but webcomic Sister Claire have lesbian side couple Oscar who is MtF and Catherine who is romantic asexual acording to the author, lgbt characters and apparently a good amount of subtext between Claire and some characters.

There is also sister Olga and sister Jackson who are a couple

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Kinda sucks how Janet King makes you choose between a really healthy and loving relationship with her wife or the relationship with Erin that everyone wants to happen. I lowkey don't want Ash and Janet to break up but I smile everytime Janet and Erin have a scene together and kinda really want them to marry. Let's see what Season 2 has to offer in the Erin x Janet department.... probably nothing :/

OMG YOU WATCHED IT. YES. I LOVE ERIN x JANET. They're like my third favorite couple of all time (first/second are completely not related to yuri at all XD). To be honest, I don't actually like her relationship with her wife all that much. But I'm possibly being petty ( the job, the easily-pissed-off-ness of J's wife ) & biased (as I like relationship that build from the start, not ones that start a series pre-formed).

joined Jan 21, 2015

So I watched both seasons of Murder in the First after seeing it on this thread's list.

It's an okay show, if you're into cop dramas. It has several long arcs per season instead of the episodic format. It was a nice change of pace, but some of the storylines felt out of place or ended up going nowhere. The first season has Tom Felton speaking with an American accent, which I guess is worth a mention.

No lesbian couple in the main cast though. The second season has an important lesbian side character and I guess that her personal life plays some sort of role, but her wife rarely appears and they end up divorcing because one of them basically spends too much time working. At least they didn't break up because one of them cheated and neither of them died and they were portrayed in a sympathetic way.

Also, the resident tech girl shows up from time to time in both seasons and she has the hots for the female lead. Sometimes they flirt jokingly, but it's made clear that nothing is going to happen. They're obviously going with the safe (and snooze-worthy IMO, but what do I know) route of pairing up their male and female leads romantically after a few seasons of will-they-or-won't-they shenanigans and romantic false leads.
That makes it all the weirder when (not putting this under spoiler bars, since it's not relevant to the plot or character arcs) Mulligan, the female lead, doesn't answer when her bigoted father asks her if she's "gay now" after she went on a rant to shut him up and mentioned that gay people can get married now. While wearing a shirt with a rainbow on it. I mean, really? Teasing isn't nice, writers. And costuming department.

Mulligan's kid is great though.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

"American accent" xD Which one?

joined Jan 21, 2015

"American accent" xD Which one?

I have no idea! In my mind it's filed under "standard American accent", but to be honest I couldn't tell most of them apart if you put a gun to my head. I don't know how well he fared compared to other British actors who had to fake an accent for a role. (The show is set in San Francisco.)

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Ah. They all sound different if you hear them, but I think most non-americans are treated to what people sound like in California, which i guess could be called generic-american, because i think thats how i sound.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Ah. They all sound different if you hear them, but I think most non-americans are treated to what people sound like in California, which i guess could be called generic-american, because i think thats how i sound.

Yeah, I can sort of tell that two accents are different, but I wouldn't be able to tell what part of the US each accent is from. Sometimes I just plain don't notice; I watched the first season of Clipped (set in Boston, decent sitcom if you're bored) and apparently a few characters have a strong Boston/New England accent but I couldn't tell at all that they sounded different from the other characters. Guess I should watch more movies with Ben Affleck :p

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Anybody knows anything about Bad Girls, the TV series? Prison series with 8 seasons, with lesbian romance in the first three seasons. I've seen Bridget x Franky from Wentworth being compared to Nikki x Helen from Bad Girls so I'm guessing it's pretty good.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I haven't watched more than the pilot, but I guess there's a yuri couple in Dominion. It's based on the movie Legion. Seems like it might be ok if you dont mind the "iam the one" syndrome.

To reply you must either login or sign up.