Forum › Yuri Vampire Masquerade Session

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

level one as in game levels, not how old she is.

Ahhh ok missy

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

how many players have to play? is there some sort of rule to how many players play? :0 Can we create our own characters as long as they are vampires? I wanna play D:
But yeah someone needs to come up with the rules and story (setting) and stuff so that we dont have overpowered personas D:. Where is the game going to be set? like a like a landon setting ? full of mystery? are the characters going to be in high school or some sort of academy ? Will there be an objective or are we solving something? Can I start drawing my character because I am excited D:

last edited at Aug 24, 2015 10:43PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

how many players have to play? is there some sort of rule to how many players play?

Not that I know of. The amount of players is from... 3, I guess? To any number manageable by the GM. I think 6~7 at most. There are also live-action games, which can have dozens of players (and many GMs).

Can we create our own characters as long as they are vampires?

Yes.

But yeah someone needs to come up with the rules and story (setting) and stuff so that we dont have overpowered personas D:

We'll be using Vampire: The Masquerade, which uses the Storytelling System.

Where is the game going to be set? like a like a landon setting ? full of mystery? are the characters going to be in high school or some sort of academy ? Will there be an objective or are we solving something?

The setting in general is called The (Old) World of Darkness. I'm guessing we'll be leaving the details of the chronicle to our GM, Chantelune. I doubt there'll be high schools or academies, tho.

Will there be an objective or are we solving something?

The objective is... having fun, I guess?

joined Jan 30, 2013

OOOHHH!!! I am excited :D I've never played a game like this before!!

joined Jan 30, 2013

how many players have to play? is there some sort of rule to how many players play?

Not that I know of. The amount of players is from... 3, I guess? To any number manageable by the GM. I think 6~7 at most. There are also live-action games, which can have dozens of players (and many GMs).

Can we create our own characters as long as they are vampires?

Yes.

But yeah someone needs to come up with the rules and story (setting) and stuff so that we dont have overpowered personas D:

We'll be using Vampire: The Masquerade, which uses the Storytelling System.

Where is the game going to be set? like a like a landon setting ? full of mystery? are the characters going to be in high school or some sort of academy ? Will there be an objective or are we solving something?

The setting in general is called The (Old) World of Darkness. I'm guessing we'll be leaving the details of the chronicle to our GM, Chantelune. I doubt there'll be high schools or academies, tho.

Do I need to have that book to play? D:

joined Apr 27, 2014

OOOHHH!!! I am excited :D I've never played a game like this before!!

Never?? Awww you got 10+ cute points, hope you'll enjoy it's plenty of fun ;D unless a gang of vampire enemies kidnap you for information xD

joined Apr 27, 2014

Not necessarily but I strongly recommend that you at least read some of it,so you can understand crucial stuff as the clans, their important features,what kind of world there is,how can you make your character, like usually you'll have a great flaw,but also something really good,etc

I do recommend you do some research,also specifically on the one clan you want to be in,cos well, they differ a lot to suit many different variations of personalities.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

There is no lvl in vampire, no. Just xp to spend for your stats when you have enough.

As for how many players, how many are there already ? Can't get too many as it gets hard to manage. Usually goes for 4/6 players.

As for the setting, still thinking about it. Think we'll go for a modern night setting in some random town. If you're new to this game, I'd advise to read about the clans to decide one for your character and the Camarilla and Sabbat sects as those are the two main factions of this game setting. The clan you choose will define the disciplines (some ort of "school of dark power") you can learn at first along with your Weakness. Those can greatly impact your characters pokes the nosferatu with a really long stick

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

All I want to is to play my lesbian vampire with other lesbian vampires. I leave everything else to the GM. Well one thing I think should be obvious I want serious session. You can role play goofy character, but the world and story itself should be serious as I don't want to end up in game where we fights giant bunnies or something ^ ^" (I hope you got my point).

Also, though I'm kinda familiar with this system, I never read any info about world or vampire clans, so any link so I can get hold of pdfs with rules would be nice ^ ^"

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I never got to read the entire thing 'cause i was like 12~15 when i used to play and i hate reading (still do) but you should at least read about the clans and see which strikes you fancy, see what their disciplines do at what level and check out how to create your character, like what the hell is Nature and Demeanor, which Attributes, Abilities and Advantages fits the character you have in mind and so on
There's also important shit to know about the world itself but my DM filled me in at the time on some stuff, like how it's taboo to drink another vampire's blood and transforming humans into vampires is forbidden unless you got permission and so on

joined Aug 16, 2014

As for how many players, how many are there already ?

Nevri, Kyone, Dark_Tzitzimine, KatzeDerNacht, Kitsune Spirit and myself.

If you're new to this game, I'd advise to read about the clans to decide one for your character [...]

[...] but you should at least read about the clans and see which strikes you fancy, [...]

I'd say it's very good to read the first chapters, which explain a little bit about the setting, but I guess the bare minimum'd be the character creation chapter (and you can refer to other chapters as needed; e.g.: look up your chosen clan).

Also, though I'm kinda familiar with this system, I never read any info about world or vampire clans, so any link so I can get hold of pdfs with rules would be nice ^ ^"

What languages can you read, Nevri?
Nevermind that, here're the rules book and clanbooks to ilegally downl

last edited at Aug 25, 2015 12:29PM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Anyone artistically horrible enough (I know you talented fuckers will just demean yourself otherwise) to illustrate maybe some of the things that happened every week, like on of the highlight of the last session?

Just a suggestion

last edited at Aug 25, 2015 10:26AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I might draw some stuff, already got a character ready to roll after all so it'd be a shame not to use it more often

joined Aug 16, 2014

That shadowy style from your comic'd be terrific for vampires.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Hm I will see if I can find the book "online" if not I'll have no option but to buy. But I'm going to start creating my character (visually) :3

joined Jan 30, 2013

I might draw some stuff, already got a character ready to roll after all so it'd be a shame not to use it more often

You got me even more hyped!! Awesome character by the way! Love the natural yet simple colors you used while at the same time keeping the art detailed and styled. I like the way she looks overall !!! :D goes to draw

joined Aug 16, 2014

Hm I will see if I can find the book "online" if not I'll have no option but to buy. But I'm going to start creating my character (visually) :3

Here:

joined Apr 27, 2014

-feels bad for not being able to draw- I'm an all text character I think

joined Jan 30, 2013

If you give me your character info I might be able to draw it for you :)
After I'm done with mine of course. But yeah I don't mind bringing your character to life visually :)

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

all text character.....are you missingno?

joined Jan 30, 2013

Here:

I love you <:3
Thanks for the link friend !!

joined Apr 27, 2014

After I'm done with mine of course. But yeah I don't mind bringing your character to life visually :)

Really?
kuuuh!! alright, i'll take your good offer cos I think she'd be really cool !!!! just let me know

joined Apr 27, 2014

Sir, i do not understand your lingo.

No,really,what did you say?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Sir, i do not understand your lingo.

No,really,what did you say?

Pokemon joke

So this is really happening eh?, We probably should set a group (either via FB or Skype) to coordinate the sessions.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Really?
kuuuh!! alright, i'll take your good offer cos I think she'd be really cool !!!! just let me know

Hey if you want just give me the info now :) I decided to hold up on my character since I have to read up on the book and the clan guide as well sigh ;.;. Your character will be the first to be born!!
I'll try to sketch her her out today and Friday I can color her. Or I could finish her up by tomorrow lol. It all depend how my first day of school feels. Agh night classes suck ;.;

last edited at Aug 25, 2015 2:21PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.