Forum › Shoujo Shikkaku discussion

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Atch action and horror movies are supposed to be fast paced... Battle Royal didn't go exactly super slow,although it was clearer from the beginning.

And I love how people complain about stuff being not realistic enough,the whole premise is preposterous but since it's fiction it's ok. Well i am liking it, people know they can just stop reading it right?
geesus

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

^ Just because it's fiction doesn't mean you can completely ignore reality, though? Like if a character was shot in the head with an RPG and survived it, people would be justified in complaining about it, even though ~it's fiction~.

People can accept a ridiculous premise, because the whole point of a premise is what drives the story, and they make sense within the setting that's been constructed. Lots of premises sound ridiculous, like the concept of a ring being able to turn you into an invisible wraith and can only be destroyed by being thrown into a very specific volcano, but the point is that it's not out of place in the world Tolkien created.

This series mimics real life, except what if they were kidnapped and forced to fight each other? Incredibly obvious and glaring flaws in the realism are going to be more noticeable, because the setting is more realistic.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

c'mon guys... it's still at least gotta be better than akuma no riddle. I mean people actually DIE in this :^)

joined Apr 27, 2014

c'mon guys... it's still at least gotta be better than akuma no riddle. I mean people actually DIE in this :^)

There's much more yuri than in ANR

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Pacing is horrible. Development is forced as hell. And Grenade has 1m radius blast?

I'm no expert, but aren't grenades made to spew shrapnel, not explosive force? Even if a person's on the far side of the room, they'd still probably be badly hurt.

You're thinking of fragmentation grenades. I'm thinking this is something more like a concussion grenade meant to kill/immobilize using explosive force alone in a small radius. It's possible for the explosion to propel debris within the room to cause damage, but I've heard if you're low on the ground, it's possible for the debris to not hit you. Someone try this out and report back.

Considering the situation these girls are in, we could even chalk it up to the grenades being slightly modified. I'm no expert though.

last edited at Aug 16, 2015 8:44PM

Promo-facebook-facebook%20profile%20picture
joined May 24, 2014

Pacing is horrible. Development is forced as hell. And Grenade has 1m radius blast?

I'm no expert, but aren't grenades made to spew shrapnel, not explosive force? Even if a person's on the far side of the room, they'd still probably be badly hurt.

You're thinking of fragmentation grenades. I'm thinking this is something more like a concussion grenade meant to kill/immobilize using explosive force alone in a small radius. It's possible for the explosion to propel debris within the room to cause damage, but I've heard if you're low on the ground, it's possible for the debris to not hit you. Someone try this out and report back.

Considering the situation these girls are in, we could even chalk it up to the grenades being slightly modified. I'm no expert though.

Your profile pic really fits here xD

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Ah, I'm torturing myself. I took a closer look at the next two chapters. I promise this is the only black bar I'll put up, but I couldn't resist. If a bunch more start appearing, I'll come back and delete my own post.

Just a very small spoiler: The scenario in chapters 3 and 4 closely resembles one in Battle Royale, but it suddenly veers wide at the end, though it may merge with another. I'm not saying which scenarios. May this post explode in a small fireworks display if this generates black bar land.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Ah! A wall of text; sorry to talk your ear off.

Edit: And off topic besides. Sorry Nezchan.

@YuriGirl1001: Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, despite how busy you must be. It's actually really interesting to understand more of the process you go through just to bring us a chapter, as reading it takes less than a dozen minutes, making us unable to realise the amount of work involved in it. Thank you for taking your time to bring us scanlations of series no one has picked up/dropped. Not that I wasn't before, but I feel way more appreciative of the effort you take to make following these series possible for us, especially because it takes so much more out of you to translate all of this.
This is a bit of a clumsy wording of my gratitude, but I want to let you know that I'm deeply thankful for you doing this :)

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Moe bear

joined Sep 21, 2014

The deaths are practically irrelevant lol, AnR had more appealing characters and was better written

joined Sep 21, 2014

I don't know, I'm having a blast so far. That girl showing up out of nowhere with her stealth chainsaw was possibly the funniest thing I've seen all week. And the madly inappropriate blushing and swooning and "Gasp! Her face is so close!" when both of them are coated in the still-warm blood of her former classmates? Wow. WOW.

Oh! Just had a thought. We may have been looking at this all wrong. See, we've been making comparisons to Battle Royale and all that stuff, for obvious reasons, but what if that's not it at all? What if the frame of reference here isn't Battle Royale, or even Dangan Ronpa? What if the frame of reference here is Tokyo Gore Police? Or Meatball Machine? I feel like we see the high school setting and the darkly psychological themes of clique mentality and dehumanisation of the outsider and automatically interpret it as being a manga about stuff, when it's actually a trashy low-budget gore fest with lesbians.

I gotta admit that even tho I like these kind of stories and was really excited to see how would the yuri aspect be integrated in it, its not great so far. To see it as a gorefest with lesbians tho, that I can do

1w
joined Jun 17, 2015

Aahh... I really liked that Ayame x Kaede pair but they just died. I hope the whole thing would just be a dream and when they woke up, they'd still see each other alive or something. (Might be cliche but it's just for the sake of having my OTP in this series to live on)

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

KUMA SHOCK!

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

Hell yeah I'm all for yuri battle royale, but yeah the pacing is pretty fast

last edited at Aug 17, 2015 12:15AM

joined Apr 27, 2014

KUMA SHOCK!

I thought that as well

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Grenades in fiction tend to be very weak ;)

Gotta say, all those deaths are very meaningless which makes them kinda fun. You thought you can have a second cute yuri pairing? Nope it is chainsaw time!

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

YES GOREFEST LESBIAN BATTLE ROYAL! THIS IS DEFINITELY MY CUP OF TEA XD
Pacing seems a little bit too force but the deaths are funny lol
Thank you so much for working on this project

joined Aug 20, 2011

that bear girl reminds me of nezumi (mayuyu) from majisuka gakuen

Akuma no riddle wasn't that bad, and the manga is even better at portraying the characters. This series, I don't even know who anyone is. I don't like or dislike anyone, and that is a problem. The closest person I can relate to is the "transfer" student, and I don't even know her name.......(guess I could go look) I usually don't drop series, hell I didn't drop citrus (chapter 17 actually starts pulling it together, so I am glad I didn't) but this I probably will drop if chapter 3 disappoints severely.

joined Apr 1, 2013

Chapter 02 OMFG that chainsaw chick was so not expecting that to happen and that prissy stuck up girl that got killed muahha i sense that chainsaw girl is gonna be the last couple to survive

Kinda felt like some of those minor pairings didn't even have a chance to show their importance in this manga, kore liie they were just there to get killed.... O_o
Well this is some SUPER MURDER SHIAT PLOT!!! Can i at least hope for a YURI LOVE blossoming between the main characters?... XD

joined Apr 12, 2014

intense im loving it

joined Jul 18, 2015

It's all happening so fast but I think with more development it'll be really good, randomly dying people might not be a bad thing
I have hope for this manga

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

Kuma! what a twist...

joined Aug 11, 2014

Oh hey! An actual chapter! With like, characters! And drama! Even some intrigue! And nobody actually died, I don't think! And now a character is questioning the rules and boundaries of their situation and looking for a way out that doesn't involve murdering everyone! It's so weird! It's like it's a real story, all of a sudden! I'm impressed!

last edited at Aug 18, 2015 2:53PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.