Forum › Vessel of Love discussion

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Tend to appreciate Touhou introspective doujins... but I really don't know where this is coming from, don't know much about Alice, even tho she is in a lot of em.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I really don't know where this is coming from, don't know much about Alice, even tho she is in a lot of em.

I'm not the most familiar with the series but after looking up the Shinki character it looks like this is based on what's thought to be a non-canon depiction of Alice in the earlier games.

Alice was a resident of Makai during the PC-98 era. Due to Alice living in the Forest of Magic in the Windows era, the relationship between Shinki and Alice Margatroid is never directly addressed. It's unclear whether Alice was created by Shinki, was a normal magician who moved to Makai, or if her origins have been retconned by the Windows games. Hieda no Akyuu states in Perfect Memento in Strict Sense that Alice is a former human who turned into a youkai.

Quoted from here.

Solid%20ice%20heart%203-29-15
joined Mar 30, 2015

The cover art is so full of emotion; very nice. A pleasant read as well.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

her smile was so beautiful :O

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Alice, Marissa and Reimu as besties is one scenario I never thought of but this actually works awesomely.

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

This was so touching, a non-greedy Reimu and a Marisa who doesn't slack off that much, I somehow feel so happy for Alice

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I don't know why but I love every Touhou work with Introspective. They are somehow diffrent from other works.

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

I love introspective doujinshis like this <3

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

What was that scar-ish thing in last page on Skinki's cheek? Is it scar?-? Stitches maybe?
Edit: Does that mean Shinki's a doll?

last edited at Aug 12, 2015 8:13AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

What was that scar-ish thing in last page on Skinki's cheek? Is it scar?-? Stitches maybe?
Edit: Does that mean Shinki's a doll?

Errr... that's a smile.

I really don't know where this is coming from, don't know much about Alice, even tho she is in a lot of em.

I'm not the most familiar with the series but after looking up the Shinki character it looks like this is based on what's thought to be a non-canon depiction of Alice in the earlier games.

Alice was a resident of Makai during the PC-98 era. Due to Alice living in the Forest of Magic in the Windows era, the relationship between Shinki and Alice Margatroid is never directly addressed. It's unclear whether Alice was created by Shinki, was a normal magician who moved to Makai, or if her origins have been retconned by the Windows games. Hieda no Akyuu states in Perfect Memento in Strict Sense that Alice is a former human who turned into a youkai.

Quoted from here.

And this is correct. Shink states that Makai and everything in it is her creation. Fans presumed "everything" also includes "everyone".

Basically, Alice (here, in this story) is an artificial being (like a doll) created by Shinki (like the rest of Makai).
Touhou doujins have their own canons (and interpretations of canon, given how loose it is), depending on the circle.

Alice, Marissa and Reimu as besties is one scenario I never thought of but this actually works awesomely.

They are frequently depicted as friends. Might be the whole "PC-98 to Windows" transition these characters share. In canon, Alice and Reimu are decent with each other, Reimu and Marisa are rivals and friends, and Alice and Marisa have a platonic love-hate relationship.

last edited at Aug 12, 2015 8:28AM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Can someone tell me what Introspective means? I don't get it. What happens in this kind of dj's and what's the difference between this and drama tag?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Can someone tell me what Introspective means? I don't get it. What happens in this kind of dj's and what's the difference between this and drama tag?

Introspective means inward-looking, and is used in this sort of dj to refer to a character examining themselves as a person.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Oh, right, haha, so "the first time I met [Reimu], I was my past self" refers to Alice first appearing in the PC-98 games, and her design and backstory has changed since then? And the stuff about becoming a different person and being a substitute and getting forgotten is the idea that her character could be changed again and that would feel sort of like death, in-universe? But nobody else would really care because it'd still be "Alice"? That's kind of funny. Incorporating that kind of meta-narrative always makes it hard to take things seriously, for me, but I still enjoy it as a cute story trick.

last edited at Aug 12, 2015 11:22AM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Oh, right, haha, so "the first time I met [Reimu], I was my past self" refers to Alice first appearing in the PC-98 games, and her design and backstory has changed since then? And the stuff about becoming a different person and being a substitute and getting forgotten is the idea that her character could be changed again and that would feel sort of like death, in-universe? But nobody else would really care because it'd still be "Alice"? That's kind of funny. Incorporating that kind of meta-narrative always makes it hard to take things seriously, for me, but I still enjoy it as a cute story trick.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_doll_of_alice It is kind of similar to this. There are a lot of things about Alice but If I remember correctly she was a speical character.

last edited at Aug 12, 2015 1:44PM

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

They are frequently depicted as friends. Might be the whole "PC-98 to Windows" transition these characters share. In canon, Alice and Reimu are decent with each other, Reimu and Marisa are rivals and friends, and Alice and Marisa have a platonic love-hate relationship.

The extent of my knowledge about the PC-98 version was that Alice is one of the enemy. So, even though I always thought Reimu and Marissa is best friend with each other, I never thought to mix Alice in there...

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

The extent of my knowledge about the PC-98 version was that Alice is one of the enemy. So, even though I always thought Reimu and Marissa is best friend with each other, I never thought to mix Alice in there...

Alice and Marisa/Reimu have a better relationship in the Windows games. Also, may I remind you that Marisa is once an enemy as well?

Reimu gains friends the same way Nanoha does- through superior firepower.

Wat
joined May 5, 2015

Marisa reaction when she saw Alice laughed XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.