Forum › Hibike! Euphonium *Spoilers* Discussion

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

If it sinks, we ghost ship. Everyone knows they're cooler anyway.

hahahahaha your comment made my day hahahahaha

That seems unlikely where I'm from, as the day has 23 hours and 24 minutes left.

Just saying, that's a lot of day to make.

last edited at Jun 29, 2015 7:37PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

is episode 13 the last ep?

Yup. I'm waiting for the outcome. Anything that isn't het end will be fine for me.

last edited at Jun 29, 2015 7:38PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

There is still a cruel part of me that wants to see people here disappointed by a het ending, but that cruel part wants more for those 'LALALA IT'S CANON IN THE NOVELS THEY'RE MEANT TO BE' people to be crushed. A non-ending would be boring, but is most likely I feel.

Speaking of hetards (anyone else have better shorthand for them? Something derogatory, because it's intended for the more narrow minded ones, but not something as ugly as this, or yuri fags), the relationships page on the wiki for Kumiko was hilariously defensive, stressing how "a confession of love" was not in a romantic way in the Reina section, and goinng on about how Kumiko and Shuuichi were the one true pairing of Hibike, sought of like in a Stannis is the One True King way, without the awesomeness nor the truth.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

They know nothing , Jon Snow

Sorry

last edited at Jun 29, 2015 8:00PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

They know nothing , Jon Snow

Sorry

... For the reference or for fear I hadn't read the books before Mother's Mercy, and was still sore from it?

Not as sore as Jon, I bet.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I'm with you ChocolateCakeLover, part of me wants het ending just to see how people will react...

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

We're such bad people.

But think of the delicious het tears of a yuri end.

Tough I guess I'll see less of the reaction, and I think there's less shipping the het, even if they seem to be more vocal in places.

last edited at Jun 29, 2015 8:11PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I just wanted to throw a line... at first I though about For the night is dark and full of terror but it's a little out of context.

Saying that Kumiko/Shuuichi shipper are as ignorant as Jon Snow felt more appropriate

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

'LALALA IT'S CANON IN THE NOVELS THEY'RE MEANT TO BE'

I said it before. No one said KyoAni has to do faithful adaptation. I really wish they'd have guts to do yuri end, but I honestly doubt they will.

I'm with you ChocolateCakeLover, part of me wants het ending just to see how people will react...

I get it, but this time I think it isn't in our interest to say it. There is so little yuri anime, even less if you only count good one. If there is chance for great yuri, I don't think it's worth losing, just for few days of laughing at crying yuri fans.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I just wanted to throw a line... at first I though about For the night is dark and full of terror but it's a little out of context.

Saying that Kumiko/Shuuichi shipper are as ignorant as Jon Snow felt more appropriate

It worked well, but I think you could have spun a 'for the yuri is dead, and full het' if you were willing to put more effort in and make it sound better than mine, plus Mel is more relevant than Jon to Stannis, so there's that.

Or you could pick any quote to do with Stannis. The mans comic genius, couldn't fail to make it funny.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

anyone else have better shorthand for them? Something derogatory, because it's intended for the more narrow minded ones, but not something as ugly as this, or yuri fags

Idihet? Dumbhet? Yeah, I'm sorry.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

anyone else have better shorthand for them? Something derogatory, because it's intended for the more narrow minded ones, but not something as ugly as this, or yuri fags

Idihet? Dumbhet? Yeah, I'm sorry.

Idihets have promise.

Edit: Maybe

"Who better to end up with Kumiko than the childhood friend?"

"Any, I should think. Even the Trombone."

For a play on a Stannis quote?

Hopefully when it's done, we can have;

Shuuichi: Make me your canon!
Fandom: Kyoani didn't make you canon, how can we?

last edited at Jun 29, 2015 9:24PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

*knows nothing about this series*

... Maybe of interest:

Fan art by junsola:

Source:

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=50600528
Click the thumbnail to open the full size image.
With Pixiv, you need to be logged in to see full size images.

http://i1.pixiv.net/img-original/img/2015/05/28/18/48/07/50600528_p0.jpg
Note that you cannot open images hosted on Pixiv from outside of Pixiv.

Alternative:

http://tw.weibo.com/junsola/3847545397109778
http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/6fa66016gw1esk4i3z979j20p00fntcr.jpg
This is a smaller version.

(Reposted from here.)

*awkward exit*

last edited at Aug 22, 2015 1:34AM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

O_____O dude, you are freakin awesome.

It's gorgeous. You are a google whiz

9f884eb4-9edd-4d0a-a5a6-a97e2125366d
joined May 7, 2014

ALRIGHT GUYS, LOOKS LIKE IT'S A WRAP.

No kissing? Fine, but at least they held and squeezed hands and it was a magical gay moment. At leeeeeaaast Suuichi didn't really get in the way of anything and confessed or something like that at the end, and Kumiko twirls around and was like "oh, I like you too!! <333" and everything ends on a idiotic sour note for us!

Hey, overall I'm satisfied. All we gotta wait for now is season 2, and we can start this trip of tension and heartbreak all over again.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

Was it just me or did they actually try to make everyone happy with that ending ? Lmao the Suichi and Kumiko fans got some nice scenes as well as the KumixReina ones. One thing for sure, I don't know if they are going to actually make a season 2 but well I'm pretty sure that if there was to be one the het ending would def happen. It was a nice ride loved the pair but it wasn't meant to be lmao. Surprisingly I'm taking this rather well? I am sad that it ended tho and now to pick from a shit load of crap anime this new season to few good ones -.-

last edited at Jun 30, 2015 2:37PM

9f884eb4-9edd-4d0a-a5a6-a97e2125366d
joined May 7, 2014

^^^^
Hmm... yeah, it did kinda feel like that. Well... it was a nice try, I guess. And if they do make a season 2, it... will probably most likely end very heterosexual-y, I agree with you. Meh, I don't hate KyoAni this time around, at least.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

AGH THAT'S HOW IT ENDED. SDFLKJLSDFLKJSDF

You%20thought%20it%20was%20a%20pancake
joined Sep 16, 2013

TWELVE MINUTES OF MUSIC

i'm okay with this

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

THAT SOLO PART WAS FREAKING AMAZING!

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

Man... that made me nervous.

Not the pairing stuff... but before and during the performance. It felt like I was back in school band again x_x... Even though I knew the end result would be, it still made me feel like I was about to go play.

Pairing-wise, it felt like they just threw a bone for Shuuichi's sake and then returned to Reina + Kumiko lol.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

^^^
Really? In a way it felt more than just a bone lol. Weirdly enough this episode actually made Reina and Kumiko ACUTAllY feel like best friends than anything else. Compared to the earlier episodes where they were gay as hell lmao. I feel like this is how their friendship should had been represented through the Intired series (how episode 13 showed it). Because honestly if there were to be a season 2 (which I will watch regardless because this anime was great) season two would be strictly about Suichi and Kumiko. I feel though the ending didn't really pair anyone it was clear how the next season was going to be lol. Regardless again I loved the pair but we all know it wasn't meant to be!! But hell was it awesome!! Went down proud and happy. Def wish that yuri mangakas or for future yuri shows they learn from these two pairs!! I would love to have a serious yuri anime with this type of character development and relationship! :D

last edited at Jun 30, 2015 3:53PM

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I really don't want a season 2. I want that end moment to live on in my heart. I'm thinking I will do another short fanfic for after this episode. ^_^ But yeah I can see how they will go for het season 2. Which if they do, I will torture myself and watch it anyway because it's a damn good anime either way. T_T

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

^^^
Really? In a way it felt more than just a bone lol. Weirdly enough this episode actually made Reina and Kumiko ACUTAllY feel like best friends than anything else. Compared to the earlier episodes where they were gay as hell lmao. I feel like this is how their friendship should had been represented through the Intired series (how episode 13 showed it). Because honestly if there were to be a season 2 (which I will watch regardless because this anime was great) season two would be strictly about Suichi and Kumiko. I feel though the ending didn't really pair anyone it was clear how the next season was going to be lol. Regardless again I loved the pair but we all know it wasn't meant to be!! But hell was it awesome!! Went down proud and happy. Def wish that yuri mangakas or for future yuri shows they learn from these two pairs!! I would love to have a serious yuri anime with this type of character development and relationship! :D

Well, if I place it in comparison to all those Reina and Kumiko scenes, it felt like a bone. Friendship can coexist with romance ^-^ , it would be sorta of suffocating if they always act romantic to each other xD (in my opinion).

Yup, if it went second season, the ship may really sink ^-^'...

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Yaaay! We got to listen almost the entire piece! Screw the dialogues...
It's a pity Kumiko didn't respond to the hug - I wanted a hug back.. a lot... and there was also interference from other girls... and Kumiko instead responded to Shuichi... damn Shuichi... not that he's bad or his existence is his fault... but there's always that "Shuichi" that steals your love interest from you T__T
Now I want to read the non-existing Vol.4 xD

To reply you must either login or sign up.