Forum › Valkyrie Drive, New Multimedia Project by Senran Kagura's Creator

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The new info has been translated

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-05-31/valkyrie-drive-mermaid-anime-adds-yurika-kubo-asami-seto-more-to-cast/.88750

The official website for the Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- television anime series revealed additional cast members and character designs on Tuesday.

The additional cast includes:

Yuna Yoshino as Akira Hiiragi

Masumi Tazawa as Kasumi Shigure

Asami Seto as Charlotte Shalzen

Hitomi Harada as Momoka Sagara

Mikako Izawa as Mamori Tokonome

Yuka Iguchi as Mirei Shikishima

Yurika Kubo as Meifon Sakura

The "beautiful girl sexy battle action" anime is set on five artificial islands. Mamori is a "mermaid" transferred to one of those islands. When Mamori is attacked, a newly transferred girl named Mirei saves her. The enemy doesn't stop, however, and the two are soon cornered. Just when they think all hope is lost, Mirei kisses Mamori, and Mamori turns into a sword. Mirei then wields the sword and launches a counterattack against their enemies.

The multimedia project also includes Marvelous' "beautiful girl sexy social game" Valkyrie Drive -Siren- and the PlayStation Vita game Valkyrie Drive -Bhikkhuni-. Valkyrie Drive -Siren- will be free to play, but in-game items will be available at an additional cost. In the game's story, female characters run across the mysterious artificial island Siren. The girls utilize their unique abilities and fight against fate to maintain their way of life. Valkyrie Drive -Bhikkhuni- is slated to ship this year.

Sounds good

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Character sheets for Mermaid

Mirei Shikishima

Mamori Tokonome

Meifon Sakura

I'm liking the designs, Sakura seems to be a pretty fun character and Mirei reminds me a lot of Daidouji; my favorite SK gal. Mamori looks kind of plain though.

last edited at Jun 5, 2015 12:41PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Wonder if theres gonna be sidecouples, the guys anime usually is flooding with characters.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I actually watched the Senran Kagura anime+specials recently WORST. NINJAS. EVER. and lol I'm more excited for this now.

last edited at Jun 6, 2015 12:23AM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

Don't got anything against the show, as a person that always welcomes yuri of any shape and form. BUT whats up the extreme fanservice :/. Why do they have to show so much ass and boobs and why do they have to be huge boobs at that why cant they be normal sized ? Sigh don't want to be the party pooper or the "oh here she goes again." But come on guys D: you can sell A LOT WITH JUST YURI ITSELF, why do you gotta make it about the fan service always? Its also obvious who they are trying to sell it too.But I mean I met plenty of Yuri loving guys that aren't in it for the fan service :(. This actually sounds like a good damn idea for an anime actually BUT I feel like it will feel more like a hentai than a Yuri -.-. sigh they made them feel a bit sluttty too lol maybe that part was a bit far fetched from me lol DONT MIND ME I'M ONE OF THOSE WEIRD PEOPLE! lol Regardless I always welcome any news that has to do with Yuri so I thank you friend :D keep the info coming ill fallow it too I wont give a nock off for the extreme fanservice as long as it isn't WAY TOO MUCH if an Anime is made. lol

last edited at Jun 6, 2015 12:53AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Boobs too huge? Aren't you mistaking Valkyrie Drive with Senran Kagura?

I actually watched the Senran Kagura anime+specials recently WORST. NINJAS. EVER. and lol I'm more excited for this now.

Ah, the girls aren't that bad. Although more than ninjas they are Magical Girls.

Any favorite?

last edited at Jun 6, 2015 1:01AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

@Ushio: is that about SK? it's fine to like or dislike stuff but if it's about the fanservice you're not supposed to take it seriously or at least I don't because it's overly exaggerated, I like this kind of series because the character interactions are great, the yuri/subext is a plus. Didn't expect Yagyuu to be THAT gay tho... or that triangle...

Ah, the girls aren't that bad. Although more than ninjas they are Magical Girls.

It's like the DoA/Taki/etc: loud, too many colors, tell everyone their real names, flashy attacks, bouncing boobs, etc.
It's a joke! I like em. And yes I get more Mahou Shoujo actually how odd...

Favorite? nah I can never have a favorite in anything anime, game, manga, music, etc. But who knows? maybe someday like Airi was for me in QB, I still need to play the games to get more familiar with the universe.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

@Ushio
Some enjoy fanserivce, others are not fazed, and others are bothered by it. You are not alone on that thought.

"sell A LOT WITH JUST YURI ITSELF" you say?... I am pretty sure that yuri does not sell well... like... In fact, no yuri anime has sold well (only Yuru Yuri). It's a bit suicidal to make one atm. And the ppl behind this are full-on with creating fanservice-filled anime and games that do sell (iirc).

It's probably gonna be A LOT of boob bouncing and exposed nipples (if no censoring during initial release...) So I recommend waiting to see people's thoughts 1-3 episodes in... or maybe till it's done.

joined Jan 30, 2013

I see :/ I didn't know that tutu wasn't popular :(. I thought it was. What I don't see is good decent amount of tutu anime :/. It's sad n it makes me depress ;.;

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Tutu as in like ballet?

last edited at Jun 6, 2015 11:26AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I see :/ I didn't know that tutu wasn't popular :(. I thought it was. What I don't see is good decent amount of tutu anime :/. It's sad n it makes me depress ;.;

I suppose you meant yuri... (auto-correct being a bitch?), but hey, who knows... This one might turn out to be something decent... covered in fanservice.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I suppose you meant yuri... (auto-correct being a bitch?), but hey, who knows... This one might turn out to be something decent... covered in fanservice.

Takaki is fond of giving depth and appealing motivations to his characters and stories. So if he's involved on the plot for the project we can expect something better than the norm for a fanservice-heavy series.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Info for the game has been released on this week Famitsu, expect translations of it soon

I'm really liking the designs and graphic-wise it looks better than Shinovi Versus ever did.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Has there been any kind of info about releases?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Nothing solid yet. Mermaid and Bikhunni are supposed to be released this year though

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

That's the one on the vita right? it looks really nice...but I hope they release a demo because gameplay is the important part.

Some enjoy fanserivce, others are not fazed, and others are bothered by it. You are not alone on that thought.

raises hand
AH...I-It's probably because of Strike Witches! I enjoyed the characters so much fanservice doesn't affect me either way haha.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Three more characters revealed for the anime

I like that there's plenty of variety on the characters' designs.

last edited at Jun 30, 2015 1:54AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

They confirmed the anime coming out in October, too

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Holy shit
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/30/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhunis-story-is-about-a-virus-that-turns-girls-into-weapons/

In Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni a mysterious virus that affects girls in their teens and 20s suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Once this virus takes over, it can transform girls into deadly weapons.
Thus far, this special virus has been classified into two types: the “A-Virus” and the “V-Virus”. The world government decided to take measure by protecting these girls that have been infected by the virus by creating five man-made islands used to keep them safe and isolated.
The artificial island of Bhikkhuni became known for being able to successfully control the V-Virus. There’s an academy at Bhikkhuni, and they say that those who enroll there can successfully overcome the virus. That said, the girls decided to enroll with high hopes.
Little do these girls know that there’s only one way to control this virus—by fighting between those who are infected.
As previously reported, weapon transformations are known as “Drive”. The “Liberators” are the player’s characters, while the “Exster” are the support characters. When the Synchro goes up, the Exster can transform into a weapon.
While the Exster is in a weapon form, you can activate the powerful “Drive Break” ability. There are several steps to weapon transformations, and increasing levels will lead to even more powerful weapons with different forms and abilities.

This sounds cool as hell

And hey, kissing

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Three more characters revealed for the anime

Masumi Tazawa as Kasumi Shigure
"If you commit a wrong, it is my duty to correct it."
The commander of the guards

Asami Seto as Charlotte Scherzen
"Mete out punishment to those who lack order!"
The Number 2 in charge of the guards

Yuna Yoshino as Akira Hiiragi
"Escape from this island…for our future…"
The governor of the guards controlling all the superpowered people on the artifical quarantine island Mermaid

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-30/valkyrie-drive-mermaid-reveals-more-characters-october-premiere/.89879

Anime will premiere on October and some new cast additions

Saori Ōnishi as Rein Hasumi

Azumi Asakura as Lady J

Kikuko Inoue as Torino Kazami

Hitomi Harada as Momoka Sagara

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

October?
1 Season away ~

last edited at Jun 30, 2015 5:05PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

holy sh** yes I meant yuri lmao hahahahaha and i'm late too.
"Tutu" Ushio 2015
Ill give it a try :) plus I watched witchblade and other series with fanservice that turned out to be nice :). I always give anime a try before deciding whether to like it or not.
pppffff tutu hahahahaha you know what I'm not even going to edit that comment it's too perfect lmao oh god I can't stop laughing

last edited at Jun 30, 2015 9:08PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I for one am very happy with auto correct currently. It got a giggle.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Wow I didn't notice this, on the character Bios until this : http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/07/02/just-when-you-thought-anime-marketing-couldnt-be-any-more-bust-focused-character-breast-weights/

Lel breast weight! Japan, why so funny?

joined Jan 30, 2013

^ holy shit lmao really?
XD
As a girl myself and I lived with my breasts for 21 years of my life I have NEVER ONCE EVER even thought for a slight second about the weight of my breasts let along other girls lmao. While this is funny I can't help but to feel sorry for girls that live in Japan tho O.O I thought America objectified women the most but damn Japan even breast weights are that important ? Anyways regardless now I'm curious to where the hell this anime industry is going not even just in games but in anime -.-
Recently we have been lacking in content a lot :(
This season of anime doesn't look that good (of course with a few good mentions) but yeah :,(
(Away from this game/anime) seriously who is a bit disappointed with the summer season? Agh sure anime quality has improved tremendously but come one where is the damn substance and good content ? There is literally a few good anime that I can think off. A few ...

last edited at Jul 2, 2015 3:11PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.