Forum › Valkyrie Drive, New Multimedia Project by Senran Kagura's Creator

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Some hours ago I asked about Hyperdevotion Noire in the forums of NIS America, someone answered.

I'm currently on chapter nine, but yes there are hints of romantic feelings between Noire and the Secretary however I see their relationship as platonic to the point of close friends, as the IFI's translation makes it seems like it. Especially in Chapter 8 where Noire says to SpoilerSpoiler that the only person that can push him around is her.

If anyone is wondering IFI is Idea Factory International, I guess it's probably like the main games and remakes, there is a lot of subtext for Neptune x Noire, If x Compa, Nepgear x Uni and others pairings, lots of subtext that could easily be seen as romantic, they could easily have some attraction for each other but nothing really happens and they're just really close friends.

In the end it don't have romance like Producing Perfection and that is what matter, I just hope that they don't put again that self insert bullshit on the two that are being made, unless you can be female...

last edited at Mar 25, 2015 10:14PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So it was If x Compa, I thought I was remembering something wrong because Vert x If are basically canon in Rebirth.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

So it was If x Compa, I thought I was remembering something wrong because Vert x If are basically canon in Rebirth.

There is also Vert x If in the original, it depends on the game, you can easily see two or three pairings for some characters in some of them, Mk2 apparently there is lots of subtext between Nepgear and everyone, Neptune x Noire and If x Compa are the most used, but there is a lot Vert x If, in the first game Vert shows a lot of interest in If, but If x Compa tends to have more subtext, in the anime If have a semi-naked picture of Compa on her cellphone, in Mk2 shes not happy at all when the other girls talk about marrying Compa because she knows how to cook.

IF: I'm glad Compa's on our side. It's great we can eat like this, even when we're on the road.
5pb.: Yes, I was surprised at how delicious Compa's cooking is. It hits all the right notes!
Compa: Teehee. Are you buttering me up?
IF: I think it's more surprising that Compa is the only girl here who can cook a decent meal.
Nepgear: Um, IF, you can't cook either.
IF: I don't need to. I'm the breadwinner. I live to work.
Gust: I have lots of work as alchemist.
5pb.: I'm a pop star, so...
Nisa: The heroine of justice subsists only on the crushed dreams of evil!
Nepgear: That doesn't sound nutritious...
Compa: All right, everyone. The food will get cold if we keep talking.
Nisa: Yeah, I'm going to dig in.
Nepgear: Mmmm. It's as tasty as ever.
Gust: Nomnomnom... Compa would be a good housewife.
Compa:Th-That's embarrassing. I'm a nurse, too.
Nisa: Allow me to become your husband!
IF: ...Stupid.
5pb.: I'd want a wife like Compa, too. It'd be easy to write songs about her.
IF: ...Dammit all.
Gust: No, no. I will take her. Gust will shower her with devotion.
IF: S-Stop this stupid debate, everyone! Can't you see that Compa's all mine!?
Nepgear, Nisa, Gust, 5pb.: ...
IF: Tch, crap! N-No! What I meant to say was...
Compa: Oh, dear. Iffy, you really are...
Nisa: The heroine's closet has creaked open.
Gust: Lovey-Dovey.
Nepgear: I honestly didn't suspect at all...
5pb.: U-Um, well... please invite me to sing at your wedding...
IF: D-Dammit! I'm trying to tell you that isn't what I meant to say!

With each game/dimension it seens to have more subtext, RED from Neptunia 1/R2/R3 is the only lesbian character, she wants to have a harem of wifes, and choses If as wife 1, Plutia from Victory/R1/R3 is also very gay and if I'm not wrong likes to molest the other girls, but aparently she also molest Pirachu so maybe she goes for anything that moves, it's a shame it will probably never go beyond subtext, and for some mysterious reason there isn't really much doujins of Neptunia, so much potential wasted...

If it was not for the fact that each game, the anime and mangas are separate dimensions it would probably already be yuri.

last edited at Mar 25, 2015 10:48PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Nothing beats the manga omake, though. Nothing.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Nothing beats the manga omake, though. Nothing.

Indeed, no matter how many Neptunia they make, no ending will beat this omake.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Nepgear/Uni is the most used pairing. In fact, on Rebirth 2's voice gallery there's a clip of Uni saying "I love you Nepgear"

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Nepgear/Uni is the most used pairing. In fact, on Rebirth 2's voice gallery there's a clip of Uni saying "I love you Nepgear"

True, since they appeared in Mk2 Nepgear x Uni is possible the pairing with the most subtext, but I didn't know about that "I love you Nepgear" in R2, but what word for love she uses? suki, daisuki, I don't remember if there is other, I only remember that one is used for romantic love.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

"Ai shiteru" would be 100% canon and guys... we should (if we continue) move to the gamer thread xD
Thank you very much for the clarifications, gotta avoid thar idol game

last edited at Mar 27, 2015 7:24PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

"Ai shiteru" would be 100% canon and guys... we should (if we continue) move to the gamer thread xD
Thank you very much for the clarifications, gotta avoid thar idol game

She says that?? Damn those bitchs should kiss already.

Yeah we should move, but them all those messages about Neptunia would stay here, I have some more informations about Producing Perfection and Hyperdevotion Noire, but I will get more soon, so I'm planning to post all in one message in one week maybe.

We already talked too much about it in this thread, so it will be my last message with information about Neptunia so that we go back to Valkyrie Drive.

Moderators, there is any way to move all those messages about Neptunia to a new thread? Or it's okay to continue talking about it here?

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Urashi C. Pin didn't know about this thread so he made one to post this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoLnEWUP71s&feature=youtu.be

As expected from the creator of Senran Kagura, the fan service will be heavy, I just hope the quality of the story is equal to the quantity of fan service...

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Urashi C. Pin didn't know about this thread so he made one to post this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoLnEWUP71s&feature=youtu.be

As expected from the creator of Senran Kagura, the fan service will be heavy, I just hope the quality of the story is equal to the quantity of fan service...

Agreed
I pray to god that its not just ecchi and that it has a good story to go with it

last edited at Mar 29, 2015 12:46AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Fanservice I hate is the "we are in a bath. For no reason, other than to be ogled by viewers, lets rub our boobs together and fondle each other, and maybe have an orgasm-like reaction" or the "Girl gets drunk and kisses and fondles other girls"... Actually... I think I've always hated the shallow yuri fanservice type the most, even before I was into yuri.

I can let panty-shots and bouncy boobs slide, even the ridiculous outfits that expose a lot. And I honestly would not mind fanservice between the characters with a (hopefully) romantic relationship.

last edited at Mar 29, 2015 12:51AM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I pray to god that its not just ecchi and that it has a good story to go with it

Well since it will be an anime, ps vita game and a social game, I doubt it will not have a good story, Senran Kagura started weak but from what I read with each new game the story is getting better.

What worries me is if it will be yuri or not, if it uses yuri just for fanservice, even if it have good story, it will be the same as animes like Cross Ange that uses yuri to attract pathetic perveted otakus.

But since Senran Kagura is kind of heavy with yuri subtext, I think it's unlikely that Valkyrie Drive will not be real yuri, just look at that preview, they're already practically selling it as yuri.

And pray to god? you mean Goddess right? I only pray to the yuri Goddess and yuri Devil, Madokami-sama and Akuma Homura.

Fanservice I hate is the "we are in a bath. For no reason, other than to be ogled by viewers, lets rub our boobs together and fondle each other, and maybe have an orgasm-like reaction" or the "Girl gets drunk and kisses and fondles other girls"... Actually... I think I've always hated the shallow yuri fanservice type the most, even before I was into yuri.

I can let panty-shots and bouncy boobs slide, even the ridiculous outfits that expose a lot. And I honestly would not mind fanservice between the characters with a (hopefully) romantic relationship.

Man that is one of the worst type of fanservice, a little skinship is alright, but most of the time it's downright ridiculous, nothing that even best friends would do, but I can tolerate that if the anime/manga is good.

What makes me really angry is when it's a harem series, they put a supposedly lesbian character, and she starts to fall for the pathetic mc that most of the time serves to be nothing more than a self insert, like Date a Live, I REALLY FUCKING HATE THIS KIND OF BULLSHIT.

Really, somethings I feel like really giving up on everything made in japan because of some of the bullshit they make, and I'm not talking only about yuri but in any kind of genre.

last edited at Mar 29, 2015 1:15AM

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

This is the kind to enjoy, don't ask question and laught ... And get MANY FANARTS! I'll watch it, I hope is better than Senran Kagura... Didn't like it at all.

Edit: Yeah, soul eater shameless rip-off

Wouldn't that mean Soul Eater borrowed ideas from Elemental Gelade?

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

This is the kind to enjoy, don't ask question and laught ... And get MANY FANARTS! I'll watch it, I hope is better than Senran Kagura... Didn't like it at all.

Edit: Yeah, soul eater shameless rip-off

Wouldn't that mean Soul Eater borrowed ideas from Elemental Gelade?

And if we search a little, maybe we will find that Elemental Gelade borrowed those ideas from another serie...

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

What makes me really angry is when it's a harem series, they put a supposedly lesbian character, and she starts to fall for the pathetic mc that most of the time serves to be nothing more than a self insert, like Date a Live, I REALLY FUCKING HATE THIS KIND OF BULLSHIT.

This happens a lot, it's objectively shit. First time I saw it my reaction was "this doesn't feel right... it makes no sense...". Later on, when I got into mangas and yuri I found out the stupid reality that is the "even lesbians fall in love the MC, fawning all over his dick, hes so good that he makes lesbians straight" (wow I felt my stomach turning in disgust as I wrote that) which just feeds into some kind of sick power fantasy used in not only harems but hentai.

Really, somethings I feel like really giving up on everything made in japan because of some of the bullshit they make, and I'm not talking only about yuri but in any kind of genre.

Just... be cautious.. It's pretty hard tho. What I do for animes nowadays is ask before watching. For mangas (in case tags are not fully added or the possibility of it not being clear) I just look at preview thumbnails and if I see black/white bars blocking a phallic shape (cuz most of the time the male character is not even visible, cuz its just a self-insert ofc), or threesome tagged, etc. I just completely avoid it... For some stupid reason I read one weeks ago and it still bothers me (the art looked great... couldn't resist).

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Why when I get passionate I always write a wall of text? Dammit... I wonder if anyone will read this shit...

This happens a lot, it's objectively shit. First time I saw it my reaction was "this doesn't feel right... it makes no sense...". Later on, when I got into mangas and yuri I found out the stupid reality that is the "even lesbians fall in love the MC, fawning all over his dick, hes so good that he makes lesbians straight" (wow I felt my stomach turning in disgust as I wrote that) which just feeds into some kind of sick power fantasy used in not only harems but hentai.

Think like that, they're not real lesbians, it's how I tolerate it when I read one that have it, because no real lesbian would fall for a man for such stupid reasons that they show, like because he is nice to her or because he saved her, they should at least say she is bisexual them, and in hentai no woman can resist the almight penis, if hentai taught me something it's that, woman love penis, woman are dumb and fall for the most stupid kind of blackmail, and they are weak minded so you can easily break them and make them your slaves, in other words, don't take hentai seriously, i learned to turn my brain off when reading hentai, only a few are truly worth to pay attention to the story, or more likey, only a few have real story.

Date a Live is a special case though, it's the same cliche that she had bad experiences with man so she don't like them, so I don't really see her as a real lesbian but a bisexual, sure she falls for the protagonist, but different from other series, she don't stop liking girls, quite the opposite, if she become a couple with him she wants him to have a harem, because it will not be his harem it will be their harem, it's not like other harem series where all the girls are for the protagonist private use, shes planning to use them as much as him, if not even more...

Two of the bullshits that I hate the most in japan, that a lot of people think lesbians are just "playing" and when they get old they will discover that a woman hapiness is to marry a penis, I mean, marry a man to become a baby factory, and arranged marriage, I'm an ally of womans, one of the things I hate the most is that bullshit that woman can't do things that man do and they should be treated and judged different, especially if she do something that most people think it's acceptable to man to do but not woman, I hate moral dissonance, so when I see arranged marriage, even if it's a perfectly arranged marriage (that what almost always happen in manga and anime), I'm can't help but feel really annoyed, but if they don't have a happy marriage, god that really pisses me off, and when I see it in yuri, I feel like screaming in despair and rage ultil I lose my voice, I stay in a bad mood for days, the little yuri maiden in my heart always scream in agony begging for death because of that kind of plot.

Just... be cautious.. It's pretty hard tho. What I do for animes nowadays is ask before watching. For mangas (in case tags are not fully added or the possibility of it not being clear) I just look at preview thumbnails and if I see black/white bars blocking a phallic shape (cuz most of the time the male character is not even visible, cuz its just a self-insert ofc), or threesome tagged, etc. I just completely avoid it... For some stupid reason I read one weeks ago and it still bothers me (the art looked great... couldn't resist).

Well to be honest I'm the kind of person that, as long it gains my attention, I read/watch/play anything, and I really mean anything, to something that are considered one of the best things ever made, to something written with shit in toilet paper, because of that I always read spoilers, there's things that I want to read/wath/play and I already even know how it ends, I just didn't do it because I always forget and get sidetracked by other things.

What did you read that still bothers you? now I want to know it...

last edited at Mar 29, 2015 2:55AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Why when I get passionate I always write a wall of text? Dammit... I wonder if anyone will read this shit...

I read it :D

Well to be honest I'm the kind of person that, as long it gains my attention, I read/watch/play anything, and I really mean anything, to something that are considered one of the best things ever made, to something written with shit in toilet paper, because of that I always read spoilers, there's things that I want to read/wath/play and I already even know how it ends, I just didn't do it because I always forget and get sidetracked by other things.

Yea, I was sorta like that when I saw spoilers that I knew were basically a warning when it comes to what I like. Now I feel like I waste my time if I watch/read something that I already knew I would not like. So I use that time on something else... I got a somewhat mechanical way of thinking.

What did you read that still bothers you? now I want to know it...

I don't remember the title, was a random find. But it was something like:
Dude confesses to girl A, gets rejected cuz she is dating someone (girl B). Girl B then brings Dude to girl A while they (girl A and B) start going at it. Girl B then invites Dude to do girl A (against her protest). Dude didn't wana do it, so girl B starts doing it with Dude, girl A gets jealous and starts doing it with him to "stop him from doing girl B" or something like that /hentailogic. Threesome ensues where girl A falls in love with the dick- i mean, Dude. Then I stopped there.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I read it :D

One of the few that will read...

Yea, I was sorta like that when I saw spoilers that I knew were basically a warning when it comes to what I like. Now I feel like I waste my time if I watch/read something that I already knew I would not like. So I use that time on something else... I got a somewhat mechanical way of thinking.

Even if it have something that I don't like, if the rest gains my attention than I read/watch/play it, I like to think of myself as a gourmet, which is a kind way to say that any shit will satisfy me.

I don't remember the title, was a random find. But it was something like:
Dude confesses to girl A, gets rejected cuz she is dating someone (girl B). Girl B then brings Dude to girl A while they (girl A and B) start going at it. Girl B then invites Dude to do girl A (against her protest). Dude didn't wana do it, so girl B starts doing it with Dude, girl A gets jealous and starts doing it with him to "stop him from doing girl B" or something like that /hentailogic. Threesome ensues where girl A falls in love with the dick- i mean, Dude. Then I stopped there.

Well if you could find it I would be really gratefull, I'm curious because of the art.

And you think that is bad? Girl A and B are best friend, they talk about boys, one of them says that is not interested in romance, but thinks that she won't mind being a couple with her friend, I don't remember what happes but they decide to try dating, next scene they're going home, I think they go through a park or something like that, they notice that in a part more hidden, one girl from their school is being fucked by a bunch of boys from their school, one of them seens particularly interested in it but don't say anything, you can see it in her face, some days later one guy blackmail that girl with a picture of them kissing, says that he will show that to everyone, the other girls is going home alone through the same park and sees her girlfriend fucking a bunch of guys, she explain's it, hentai logic happens, and they're happy to fuck a bunch of guys because they will always be together, happy end.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Well if you could find it I would be really gratefull, I'm curious because of the art.

Art just looked good on the thumbnails (ended up being just generic), haha.

I tried looking through my browser history... there is just too much listed X_x... I sometimes spend HOURS looking for stuff on other sites.

And you think that is bad? Girl A and B are best friend, they talk about boys, one of them says that is not interested in romance, but thinks that she won't mind being a couple with her friend, I don't remember what happes but they decide to try dating, next scene they're going home, I think they go through a park or something like that, they notice that in a part more hidden, one girl from their school is being fucked by a bunch of boys from their school, one of them seens particularly interested in it but don't say anything, you can see it in her face, some days later one guy blackmail that girl with a picture of them kissing, says that he will show that to everyone, the other girls is going home alone through the same park and sees her girlfriend fucking a bunch of guys, she explain's it, hentai logic happens, and they're happy to fuck a bunch of guys because they will always be together, happy end.

Ah, I saw that one, I think someone linked it on a forum post here mad about it. xD

I am pretty sure I can dig in my memory for worst stuff but... I think we are getting too off-topic.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Art just looked good on the thumbnails (ended up being just generic), haha.

I tried looking through my browser history... there is just too much listed X_x... I sometimes spend HOURS looking for stuff on other sites.

It's alright, I expected this to happen, but it's pretty specific, wouldn't be hard to find on ExHentai using the right tags, if one day I search for it I will ask you if I found the right one.

Ah, I saw that one, I think someone linked it on a forum post here mad about it. xD

I am pretty sure I can dig in my memory for worst stuff but... I think we are getting too off-topic.

There is one that is more or less the same but involving rape and blackmail, made by Erect Sawaru, I bet a lot of people here know which one I'm talking about, I'm can remember a lot of things worse, but those involving supposedly lesbians always seen worse to me...

Now stopping with the het hentai, which is probably the most off-topic thing that can be talked about on Dynasty, and let's talk about Neptunnia, that is off-topic in this thread...

Since no one said I should stop talking about Neptunia, I will tell some new information about PP and Hyperdevotion, they're from people that answered the thread I made on the NIS America forum.

First of all, the bath scene on PP, all places I found information about talked as being a romantic scene, but the internet lied to me (incredible right? can't trust strangers anymore), the Producer walks in on them by accident and you have two choices, get out or stay and be beaten by the girls, which makes you lose some Trust points.

The normal ending of PP is open to interpretation, you can see it either as friendship or love.
The producer needs to leave due to some dimensional problems but needs the help of all the CPUs to sent them back. In the normal ending, the CPU of the route you're in refuses to help since they want the producer to not leave them. This causes the attempt to send the producer back to their dimension to ultimately fail since all four CPUs are needed. The producer just kind of remains and spends more time with the CPU of the route.

The true ending is more heavy on the subtext and can easily be seen as romantic.
The CPU of the route decides to actually help and the producer is returned to their dimension. The specifics are different from character to character.
Neptune: Upon the producer's return to their dimension, Neptune suddenly pops out and it's revealed she transported with the producer to be with them.
Blanc: the producer finds a letter from Blanc in a harm they received before leaving saying how she liked them and look forward to the day they get to meet again.
Vert: the producer starts playing an MMO and meets Vert again online.
Noire:the producer gets kissed by Noire and, when returned to their dimension, picks up the very game you're playing and choices Noire's route.

In the end it's just a little heavier with the subtext, I must say that PP ending was not as bad as I thought it would be, so maybe it's worst a try if you like the series, even with the self insert.

And about Hyperdevotion Noire, the first quarter is heavier on the subtext for Noire x Secretary, but it seens to lessen a lot with each chapter, like in the main series all the girls seen to be interested in the protagonist, but as it's a self insert there is a little more subtext, but it's mainly with Noire and a girl named Saori that says that she loves him, but the opinions are divided, some don't really see much romantic subtext as others, what they agree is that this is one of the worst localizations of the series, some of what they said:
- I havent finished it but to me there are some lines so corny and mushy that they hurt me physically when I experienced them though that might just be my opinion.
- In the game's defense (and those sure are words I never thought I would utter about this one), this is probably one of the series' worst localizations to date, though it's... weirdly selective about just who got fucked over by it most, but some of the really corny lines that I've noticed are all on IFI. Like when Noire is all LET'S BE ULTIMATE FRIENDS FOREVER BIFFLES after the part with Estelle and Ein Al, that whole conversation in Japanese wasn't even about them being better friends like that.
- True, like this makes it seem like Noire is desperate to have friends..

So it's quite possible that it don't really have that much subtext, as it's look Idea Factory International took a little too much liberty when translating it.

Well that is all for now, when they finish Hyperdevotion they will tell me about the endings, but it will take a little time, and than that will really my last post about Nepunia, since how it is the endings of Hypedevotion Noire is basically what's left to know.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

When they bait and switch... I cry everytime

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

True, since they appeared in Mk2 Nepgear x Uni is possible the pairing with the most subtext, but I didn't know about that "I love you Nepgear" in R2, but what word for love she uses? suki, daisuki, I don't remember if there is other, I only remember that one is used for romantic love.

It turns out I was misremebering. The line wasn't on RB2, it was on MK2

https://youtu.be/mSuYTNwPN9o?t=1m13s

No idea how it was on Japanese though.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

It turns out I was misremebering. The line wasn't on RB2, it was on MK2

https://youtu.be/mSuYTNwPN9o?t=1m13s

No idea how it was on Japanese though.

If it's on Mk2 them soon I will hear it in japanese, I post here how she said, the only problem is that first I need to finish Dead Island, it belongs to the husband of my sister and he's planning to exchange it for other game, so I need to finish it as fast as possible.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Ha a weird action yuri themed anime...well if it can beat lesbears...nah, that's like super deep and the soundtrack is awesome and wow, anyway I hope it's not toooo shallow, :3

To reply you must either login or sign up.