Forum › Murcielago discussion

joined Oct 12, 2013

Just ask yourself the question: would the story be different if the MC was a man?

The entire Rose Colored Prison arc?

Obnoxious%20vi
joined May 27, 2015

Kuroko's outfit is sick this arc, I don't think she normally wears heels, so if she doesn't stab someone with them I will be very upset.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Kuroko's outfit is sick this arc, I don't think she normally wears heels, so if she doesn't stab someone with them I will be very upset.

I agree, her outfit is quite sick.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

where were you when Murcielago became One Punch no Riddle.

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

^ HAHAHAHA!!! I know right!?

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

Also is it just me or have I been noticing more beefy hot chicks lately everywhere I go? Like DAMN! I'm sucker for hot, strong women.

joined Mar 8, 2016

I share the sentiments of others that found Kuroko's action's in School Destruction to have been vile enough to damage my "connection" to her (as well as, IMO, out of character for her). I had to think for a bit on why that is, given the way this manga works and what we know about her. Here's how I explain it.

Up until that point, we never saw Kuroko take deliberate (as opposed to negligent) action to murder someone who wasn't a serious direct threat to her life or safety. Basically, the "big bad" of each arc, with outsized superpowers who absolutely was attempting to kill her at the same time. Under no circumstances can you say that three schoolgirls with baseball bats posed any kind of threat to Kuroko. Her role, by the "rules" of the story, is to execute those that the state is unprepared and unable to handle. No matter how awful the delinquent girls were, as terrible as what they did to Minako was, the state is capable of dealing with normal human battery and sexual abuse.

Even if she wished to mete out some measure of vigilante justice, it's hard to argue that brutal execution is the fit punishment for that crime. And, aside from the umbrella violation which was gross and unnecessary, she also is a participant in the rape of Fuuri by Minako. Even if Murcielago is an "eye for an eye" world, as someone else said, there is a particular resonance behind sexual violation that is not generally there for people watching cartoonishly gory violence. It really damages my ability to sympathize with or support Kuroko (choosing my words carefully here, because, as noted, she is not a hero or a good person even if she can behave in good ways and is the protagonist).

The fact that Kuroko's backstory is that she killed 715 people on her way to death row is largely irrelevant - it's a meaningless number thrown out to aid us in understanding early on that "this is a bad woman." We relate to the character's actions that we see, as they unfold, not to that number. A lot of the aspects of this manga are ridiculously exaggerated, to enjoy it you just have to accept that here it's possible for someone to be fifteen feet tall or a butter knife can cut bone or a 9-year-old girl can leap in the air and execute a man on a moving rollercoaster. It's why as problematic as I find Rinko and that story to be, I can grudgingly accept it by this manga's standards. I have a much harder time with the School Destruction happenings.

last edited at Apr 19, 2016 9:10PM

joined Apr 25, 2016

Urara is so precious~

joined Oct 13, 2014

im...IM IN LOVE! <3 Urara is great. first jasper now this, im beginning to think i have a new fetish for bara girls

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

I need people like Urara or Kuu in my life, even if they are killers and wanted...

AbyssalScepter
Kaga
joined Apr 23, 2016

I hope Chiyo-chan makes up with Kuu-chan, and wow, what an innocent looking criminal ouo.

AbyssalScepter
Kaga
joined Apr 23, 2016

Murcielago > whatever else yuri sh*t I've seen, srsly I friggin need more yuri like this it just works amazingly

Murcielago is not yuri.

It's a gory horror manga with some yuri in it.

I would say it's a gory horror yuri manga, considering how much lesbianism is front and center in it.

I can't really call this yuri.

Just ask yourself the question: would the story be different if the MC was a man?

My answer is no. We just would have het sex scenes instead of lesbian sex scenes.

That logic could be applicable to anything with lesbian sex scenes and a female MC. O_o Yuri's just girl-on-girl, isn't it?

joined Apr 25, 2016

Murcielago > whatever else yuri sh*t I've seen, srsly I friggin need more yuri like this it just works amazingly

Murcielago is not yuri.

I would say it's a gory horror yuri manga, considering how much lesbianism is front and center in it.

My answer is no. We just would have het sex scenes instead of lesbian sex scenes.

That logic could be applicable to anything with lesbian sex scenes and a female MC. O_o Yuri's just girl-on-girl, isn't it?

I guess the person is implying that for something to be of the Yuri genre, it would have to be something that's geared to an audience looking for girl-on-girl related-stuff, meaning the fact that Yuri-stuff is incidental to Murcielago, it shouldn't be considered "Yuri."

I don't really agree with this though, but I guess we all define things differently.

last edited at Apr 26, 2016 12:42AM

Heart-Of-The-Earth
Nanofate%20feelz
joined Nov 6, 2013

Gotta say, I'm glad Jasper from Steven Universe is doing well working as a bartender.

joined Mar 8, 2016

I guess the person is implying that for something to be of the Yuri genre, it would have to be something that's geared to an audience looking for girl-on-girl related-stuff, meaning the fact that Yuri-stuff is incidental to Murcielago, it shouldn't be considered "Yuri."

I don't really agree with this though, but I guess we all define things differently.

I think that's what the first responder was implying, but not the second. I think the second was referring to the frequent criticism of a particular way of writing female action characters as basically "men with boobs." That is, the author gives them all of the behaviors, vices, strengths, weaknesses, and so on of a male hero, but the form of a sexy woman. Oftentimes she's the token "girl who's as good as the boys" on an otherwise all-male team.

In this case I kinda think the critcism fits - Kuroko lusts after and approaches women sexually in a way that is utterly unrealistic for women to do, and of course has an affinity for causing pain and violence that is also very atypical for women. She behaves in almost every way like a male character in her role would. She's also physically imposing and, of course, by virtue of her pathology, devoid of any of the emotional traits that are often associated with female characters.

But of course, under no circumstances can you pretend this story is striving for anything like realism. Did the Kuroko character have to be a woman? No. Would anything really have changed if she were a man? Other than the Virginal Rose arc, no. Does it matter? Not especially. The artist wanted to draw lesbian sex, and that's just fine with me. :)

joined Apr 12, 2015

Even if this would totally be unrelated to the story and maybe out of character for Kuu, I want her to woe Chiyo back then they have make up sex or smth haha bring back my unconventional otp ;∆;

Schierke_small
joined Feb 17, 2013

best series

Male_hungary_x_little_reader___what_s_yuri__by_animenerd2001-d6p42ve
joined Aug 24, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/murcielago_ch45#4
Anybody noticed the Mini-Hinako in the Aquarium?
They are everywhere!

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I think that's what the first responder was implying, but not the second. I think the second was referring to the frequent criticism of a particular way of writing female action characters as basically "men with boobs." That is, the author gives them all of the behaviors, vices, strengths, weaknesses, and so on of a male hero, but the form of a sexy woman. Oftentimes she's the token "girl who's as good as the boys" on an otherwise all-male team.

In this case I kinda think the critcism fits - Kuroko lusts after and approaches women sexually in a way that is utterly unrealistic for women to do, and of course has an affinity for causing pain and violence that is also very atypical for women. She behaves in almost every way like a male character in her role would. She's also physically imposing and, of course, by virtue of her pathology, devoid of any of the emotional traits that are often associated with female characters.

But of course, under no circumstances can you pretend this story is striving for anything like realism. Did the Kuroko character have to be a woman? No. Would anything really have changed if she were a man? Other than the Virginal Rose arc, no. Does it matter? Not especially. The artist wanted to draw lesbian sex, and that's just fine with me. :)

Somehow I was thinking of an opposite.

To me, a good yuri series is the one that is still good regardless whether the main character is male or female. If she is a lesbian however, it will just add onto the experience.

Like Gunsmith Cats. Really enjoy it, and I'm pretty sure Rally is one :D

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/murcielago_ch45#4
Anybody noticed the Mini-Hinako in the Aquarium?
They are everywhere!

Lol I didn't notice that. Good eye.

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Murcielago is not yuri.

So you're saying just because it has gory horror in and not the usual school girls love, it's not yuri? Are you really that close minded...

last edited at Apr 29, 2016 2:01AM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

I need a damn anime for this!!

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Tamahime posted:

Most of the time they can be easily applicable to both male and female protagonist though. I guess it is more that the fact she is a women is irrelevant. I mean she not only act as men but is also by all means and purposes treated as men during entire story. I get the point though.

Ok, now I see some bias her. So women can't openly assault other women, act cruel and in general be pretty void of empathy? So just because that is commonly associated with women every single fictional female character has to have those traits or she is just a "man with boobs"? Also you kinda ruined your entire argument mentioning the fact Kuroko is a psycho. So even if she originally had any of those "women's traits" because she was born with them impaired, her behavior makes perfect sense (ignoring the fact she just could be heartless bitch). Also women can't be tail, well build or intimidating? Again we are basing that whole "how should women look/act" on very narrow and specific criteria.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I think the people who are saying that if Kuroko was a man everything would be the same is opening the doors for very unfortunate implications.

So, based on what some of you say because of how Kuroko acts, does that mean we should see butch lesbians as man then? Because in case some of you didn't notice yet, Kuroko is basically a butch lesbian, and like a lot of them she acts somewhat masculine, but she's still pretty feminine, but a lot of real life butch lesbians not only act like a man or at least masculine, but also look like a man or androgynous, so by your guys logic, should we assume that if their girlfriends had a relationship with a man it would be the exact same thing because the butch doesn't "act like a woman"?

Cause really guys, those comments sound more and more really sexist, which is funny because Kuroko is not the first lesbian in manga to act like that, although not as extreme because she didn't try to sleep with all the girls she met, Haruka from Sailor Moon was basically like Kuroko, she flirted with a lot of girls, she not only dressed masculine sometimes, but people even thought she was a man sometimes, so the fact that she was Sailor Uranus aside, should we say that if she was a man it would be all the same thing?

Like I said, really unfortunate implications your guys posts are giving...

last edited at Apr 26, 2016 6:10PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

What
Kuroko doesnt fit the "typical" woman?

last edited at Apr 26, 2016 9:15PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.