Forum › Posts by Mayjaplaya

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

As episode 5/6 approach, which should cover volume 3, I want to mention the name of Yori's "love song", Sunny Spot.

At first blush, it reminded me of the OP of the yuri visual novel Hakuisei Aijou Izonshou (Nurse Love Addiction), Sunny Place. Would recommend, by the way.

Then my pun senses started to tingle. What's "sunny spot" in Japanese? Hidamari, like in Hidamari Sketch. You can probably see where this is going. While we never see Himari's name rendered in kanji (I don't have all the raws so I can't say for sure though), but the hi could be read as meaning "day, or sun, or sunshine".

Again, I don't have the raws, so I don't know if in the original manga Yori used the english "Sunny Spot" or the Japanese "Hidamari". "Sunny Spot" could maybe pass off as a sneaky Himari pun, but if Yori used "Hidamari", she might as well have been beating Himari over the head with a giant pink dildo from how obvious it is.

It goes without saying that they have to nail that song.

last edited at May 10, 2024 3:26PM

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I can't remember if I said this when the chapter just came out, but after "Shiho-chan has disappeared..." in chapter 41 I was legitimately worried she had jumped off the roof or got hit by a truck (or threatened to). I felt Kyou dying kind of opened the gate for this manga to do that kind of thing, but at the same time it's not like I actively hated Shiho to the point of wishing for her to be killed like some others here.

last edited at May 7, 2024 8:59PM

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I don't know why but the anime feels extremely rushed, also at this rate and considering shiho's early appearance we're gonna reach the battle of the band's arc rather quickly and that one reeeeally drags
Assuming it'll have 13 episodes it'll probably end rather abruptly and feel axed
Sadly I don't think there's really a fix to that, the only real breather is Himari s confession and adapting 15 chapters into a full season would definitely feel way too slow

As always shiho ruining everythin
Just kidding (not really)

They've been steadily adapting 2.5 chapters (or half a volume) per episode. So YoriHima should become a couple for real by episode 6, and I believe this season's getting 12 episodes, so they may cheat a little and get to chapter 31 (the big damn YoriHima fireworks kiss) to finish off the anime. There will be no time to actually finish (Shiho's) band battle arc (chapter 44) unless they rush to the point of the adaptation becoming a gigantic train wreck.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

About EP2: It appears that since Vol.1 of the manga released, LINE added a feature to add friends via scanning a QR Code, the anime got changed to show this instead since supposedly the feature to "put the phones together" became obsolete? It's fun to see the anime change to keep up with what's happening IRL.

I also noticed in one of the recent chapters Aki had wireless earbuds when she was making that call to Shiho, which were already a big thing back when the manga first came out, but got even bigger since then.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Ok, watched the first episode 3 times, re-read the first 6 chapters (and a few key ones later on): I had forgotten how cute Yori is/was in the whole first arc. I loved that "gap moe" between the cool, lady-killer senpai and being vulnerable, clumsy, and downright useless at times. It's been almost 5 years since I started the manga so my memory was rusty. Also, looking back at the first few chapters there was a bit of an art shift/early installment weirdness because Yori looks almost unrecognizable compared to later on, and I think the anime skewed towards the "later on" style. I feel like the change really became obvious around the time Shiho properly appeared, and looking back, after that point Yori's face looked much more like Shiho's than at the beginning of the manga. (I know a lot of people's lasting impression of this manga is Shiho's resting bitch face, whether they like her or not)

I heard that Seto Asami (Yori's VA) is not the one who sings SSGIRLS' songs. If that's true, then why doesn't the studio just let Asami sing instead of hiring more people (or hire a VA who can both voice and sing, many VAs meet those two conditions).

They could double-dip and let Seto-san cover the song later and release that as a "character song" CD or something. Yori will have another song to sing later on that Seto-san can do, and depending on how far they adapt Aki will be singing something too.

Shiho wanting to thank Kyou with nice flowers got me :') this chapter is so sweet

I stupidly thought she meant getting flowers for Aki...

Remember Shiho comes in very early (chapter 15), so it would be harder (and odd pacing) not to have her and Aki's dynamics as part of a 12-episode season. Edit: and I think the first episode adapted about 3 chapters already. There's not much happening earlier in the manga. So it can easily breeze by a few chapters each episode.

I feel like it's a bit of a dilemma in that 12 episodes won't be enough to adapt all the way to the end of the Shiho drama (Chapter 44) without a lot of skipping, but stopping at the YoriHima relationship upgrade at Chapter 15 would be too slow.

last edited at Apr 22, 2024 4:28PM

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

https://youtu.be/8D2ih-L8XOs?si=qvDNmKXSM8bFyXm9

Also, the first episode of the anime has just finished airing

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

"I'm not a cabaret addict! I'm NOT!"

Just concede and give in to your inner demons again.

She is currently laying on her inner demon's lap. I am convinced that rin is an incarnation of Satan.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I finally decided to read this after seeing this https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01052571.html/?locale=en_US

Official R18 one-shot manga with ASMR voice acting companion!

It's so lewd... cute and lewd...

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Yo... aquarium date? Now that's when you know this is a yuri manga.

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Itou Hachi liked this story

Her and Yuzuki Ryouta, the mangaka of this: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/onee_san_wa_joshi_shougakusei_ni_kyoumi_ga_arimasu

(which also got a loli hostess bar chapter recently translated)

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015
91986323_p0

Il Siracusano coming to Global soon™

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

And they lived the very comfy live,along with everyone else.

Now to find a new Texas-like wolf lass to read about.

Il Siracusano is coming eventually, the actual Texas is getting some new story development. Just got some Yostar-style dead days to wait through.

Mayjaplaya
Saki discussion 09 Apr 22:04
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I almost feel bad for saying this but after marathoning the Saki spinoff, Toki, over the last two days going back to the main series feels like an art downgrade. Mekimeki's not gone completely crazy with the boob-flation and their backgrounds are not as flat and stark either.

PREVIOUSLY ON MAHJONG BOOB

You've heard of Majin Buu, get ready for Mahjong Boob! Fitting because this manga moves about as slowly as Dragon Ball Z.

last edited at Apr 10, 2023 1:58AM

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I'm one of those weirdos who reads any and every translated foreword and afterword, so thanks to the translators.

I couldn't help but notice in the afterword the artist said they also did artwork for a doujin game of this same couple, and damn, I've been obsessed with it for the last 12 hours. Link for those interested: https://wiki.eragames.rip/index.php/EraSumireTeru

It is a bit dark (it's a slave raising simulator so), and there is (optional) futa just be warned, but yeah I've been going at it non-stop for 12 hours now and I'm almost at the Good End, I think.

EDIT: Damnit, I actually failed the event to get the good ending and now it's impossible to obtain and now we're both dead inside. I could savescum but still. On the absolute longshot someone here knows how to get the good ending (because the wiki is intentionally vague and I can't find a better english guide online), hit me up.

Does the game have an English Language option or is it Japanese only?

There's a fan translation that isn't 100% but has the whole main story and game mechanics translated. https://wiki.eragames.rip/zips/eraSumireTeru-master.zip

And dare I say this game is almost good enough to pass as a paid game and not a free one.

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 4:17AM

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I'm one of those weirdos who reads any and every translated foreword and afterword, so thanks to the translators.

I couldn't help but notice in the afterword the artist said they also did artwork for a doujin game of this same couple, and damn, I've been obsessed with it for the last 12 hours. Link for those interested: https://wiki.eragames.rip/index.php/EraSumireTeru

It is a bit dark (it's a slave raising simulator so), and there is (optional) futa just be warned, but yeah I've been going at it non-stop for 12 hours now and I'm almost at the Good End, I think.

EDIT: Damnit, I actually failed the event to get the good ending and now it's impossible to obtain and now we're both dead inside. I could savescum but still. On the absolute longshot someone here knows how to get the good ending (because the wiki is intentionally vague and I can't find a better english guide online), hit me up.

EDIT 2: Okay, got the Good End. Now to continue the lovemaking and explore more of the game's options, because there are quite a few.

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 12:45AM

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Kaori is the March Hare (secret Kroos cosplay lmao).

Oh my god "KO KO DA YOOOOOO~~~~~" is ringing in my head again

But it fits.

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Those two sure are slow... :D

Always have been

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015
Na_tarapisu153-1619680879084965888-img1

Small correction but unless they're lying in their pixiv profile kataokasan's a girl.

Mayjaplaya
Image Comments 11 May 02:03
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015
89455510_p1

THE RING

Mayjaplaya
Image Comments 24 Apr 07:47
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015
20977710_p0

Yui kinda looks like Kumiko lol

The KyoAni sameface infects even the fan artists.

Mayjaplaya
Image Comments 12 Apr 02:41
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015
Ivqvj4k

I think the "Ayamu" is just a translator mistake looking at the original Japanese source but it is a little amusing nonetheless.

Mayjaplaya
Yuyushiki discussion 12 Apr 02:25
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

It's canon now. Yuzuko and Yukari are neither M nor S, but rather Y.

last edited at Apr 12, 2021 2:25AM

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

And I just wanted to reminisce about how Dynasty changed the tags to "Gal Pals", "Lots of Friendship/Moderate amounts of Friendship", etc. a year or two ago for April Fools'... but I missed this year's prank. Shame.

Mayjaplaya
Image Comments 31 Mar 01:19
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015
Exwmk7evgaevrcf-orig

"DUCK SEASON, AND I SAY FIRE!"

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Sorry, Taiyaki fans

That's right, we're onto your, uh, incestuous mother-daughter ways!