Forum › Yuri Kuma Arashi discussion

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Damn, I almost completely lost interest in the manga after I finished the anime... yeah sure the story differs a bit, but the message and key metaphors so far habe obviously been the same. I'll probably keep reading it for the sake of Morishima art. Really loved bare-feet Kureha in a one-piece dress.

Spent five minutes trying to remember my internet acronyms before In gave up and... oh.

if you are on Chrome, just get a Google Dictionary add-on - double-click a word in the text and it'll give you its meaning in a nice text bubble.

last edited at May 18, 2015 2:43PM

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Hmmm... so.... hhhmmm.... I loved the anime, and I loooove Morishima Akiko's work...this is indeed...weird and interesting, I'm glad it's coming out so quickly

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So . . . somewhere out there, is there a bear-sparrow girl falling in love with the only real sparrow girl it's ever met?

last edited at May 18, 2015 4:54PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So . . . somewhere out there, is there a bear-sparrow girl falling in love with the only real sparrow girl it's ever met?

Why not? If it's its fated sparrow-girl.

last edited at May 19, 2015 1:43AM

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I'm glad that some of the weirdness of the anime is preserved, even if it's not as dark... Well, even if the body count is lower...

I don't know why, I'm drawn to really weird crap sometimes. Serial Experiments Lain was my thing in high school, for example.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Serial Experiments Lain is the best anime ever. The wallpaper on my computer at work is a SEL one and I'm not even ashamed of it, because it's the greatest mindblowing piece of fiction I ever got to watch.

I even once wrote a wall-of-text post on a forum just to explain people what I perceived Lain being about, because there are so many things in there that I could write volumes about it.

SEL isn't "weird", SEL isn't "crap". I won't let anyone diss Lain, the Goddess of the Wired.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Serial Experiments Lain is the best anime ever. The wallpaper on my computer at work is a SEL one and I'm not even ashamed of it, because it's the greatest mindblowing piece of fiction I ever got to watch.

I even once wrote a wall-of-text post on a forum just to explain people what I perceived Lain being about, because there are so many things in there that I could write volumes about it.

SEL isn't "weird", SEL isn't "crap". I won't let anyone diss Lain, the Goddess of the Wired.

SEL isn't crap, but it's definitely weird and wears that weirdness on its sleeve.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I don't think they meant 'crap' in the literal sense. Think the difference between 'shit' and 'the shit'.

joined Mar 28, 2014

I don't think they meant 'crap' in the literal sense.

yeah, it's a crêpe lol
reminds me I should try to watch it again.. My first attempt years ago failed miserably with episode 1, a lot due-to a failing PC of mine... I usually like weird stuff, so I'm curious how am I gonna react to it now... especially after experiencing Lynch, Ikuhara, and Eva...

last edited at May 19, 2015 9:29AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

SEL isn't crap, but it's definitely weird and wears that weirdness on its sleeve.

Nuhu.. it's not weird. Or define weird?

It just has its own way to lay out its meaning. Everything in Lain has been carefully thought out and it all makes sense if you think about it.

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

Nuhu.. it's not weird. Or define weird?

It just has its own way to lay out its meaning. Everything in Lain has been carefully thought out and it all makes sense if you think about it.

SEL is most awesome ever, I do find it weird tho,then again, I don't use weird as a bad thing,ever, weird is super interesting,cool,and for smart folks

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Btw we've got chapter 8 done, the last one of the first volume, which should hopefully be added to Dynasty shortly (I never know how quickly these things get added).
There's also a bunch of omake pages starring the student coucil/Judgebears, but we don't have a translation for those yet.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Well, I don't know what the hell is going on.

Aside of Lulu being ADORABLE, that is.

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

Well, I don't know what the hell is going on.

Aside of Lulu being ADORABLE, that is.

I'll join your train... I'm confused.. Is that a mental illness now?

O.o

Eraser-for-really-big-mistakes
joined Jul 21, 2013

Wait so is it a bear world or not o.O

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I'm a huge fan of it, first anime series I ever bought. :-) I wasn't dissing it at all. I meant "crap" as in "stuff" not as in "garbage." And it is weird, but weird is good to me.

last edited at May 19, 2015 6:13PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

it doesn't really matter. What matters is that Kureha is NOT invisible/transparent, i.e. differs from the crowd

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

ok, so much gayer than the anime now, even the adults are sleeping together! like damn, xD gay~~~ XD

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Remember folks, Humans are apex predators in every niche.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

slides into thread did somebody mention Lain? =w=
haha but really enough with going off topic, even though I love that show.

I can't help but compare the manga and anime. Looks like Ginko is suffering a lot of emotional abuse from her mother, in the anime she was always possessive but I feel like she has a good reason for it in the manga. I wonder where this takes us next...

I really do love the anime though and found it better than Penguindrum. I hate when people bash it, it's one of my favorite anime now along with Utena.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I like Kureha. She's got pluck and heart.

...but she also has terrible form. You're going to break your shoulder shooting like that, girl!

joined Jan 8, 2014

it doesn't really matter. What matters is that Kureha is NOT invisible/transparent, i.e. differs from the crowd

But it does matter cause then we all wonder how ginkos mama ate kurehas mama and what that implies if they arent bears...and of course wether they might actually draw it :D hehehehe

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

how ginkos mama ate kurehas mama

With some farther beans and a nice cianti gao gao

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

So Ginko is kinda... schizoid? Cool

joined Jul 8, 2013

Honestly, it kind of lost me there for a while but now that its been explained I really do like this manga's plot over the anime's. Although I can't help but notice all of the shoutouts it gives to the anime lol. I recognize that wooden bear carving from somewhere lol.

To reply you must either login or sign up.