Forum › Posts by Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

fun fact: it's actually not the red color of the cape that makes the bull attack the Matador, but it's movement. The cape is only red so you don't see the bull's blood on it.

So bulls are just like cats, they pounce on sudden movements? There's got to be something about that relevant to this manga.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well, that other girl claims that there isn't any big underlying condition and she just tends to have poor health. Hard to say . . . I've known people like that, and even seen a couple of people in manga who were sickly but not actually dying at all.

Purple Library Guy
Syrupy Love discussion 14 Feb 13:34
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Please please! Make her pick up the phone, so they can make-up! (OvO)

Oh, we all know who will answer the phone, hee hee hee...

This series is rocky, but it's terrific. If the writing and art stay this good it will be a real winner!

People always complain "everything's the same" but when a mangaka does something different (like this series) they complain how weird and hard to read it is... sigh! I like it a lot.

Well, both impulses are reasonable. When it comes to romance, there are not that many basic story lines that make people feel emotionally satisfied. And yet people like variety. So there's always going to be that tension between "The same old stuff bores me" and "NOT the same old stuff usually turns out to suck".

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

The funny thing is, if it weren't for the hitting and certain abusive words, one could make a case for a rape tag--going the other way. Even with those things, actually. I could easily cast the story as, the light-haired girl is systematically sexually abusing the dark-haired girl, who isn't either physically or emotionally strong enough to stop her, but retaliates in minor ways. I don't quite see it that way, but it's a reading consistent with what we know.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I'm not sure it's tsundere in the usual sense--but it's not precisely a sadist and a masochist either. We use the labels we know . . . this has a "historical" tag. I feel like there's a class difference between them, with the dark haired girl being higher status. So she's all like "I can't admit I have a thing for a social inferior" sort of deal.

In terms of the relationship, clearly the other girl is the aggressor and the dark haired girl is, somewhat tsundere-style, totally embarrassed by the whole thing. But although the hitting initially would have come out of that, like how dare you lay your hands on me even if I want it, you plebe, it does seem as if she gets off on it. On the third hand, the light haired girl isn't obviously a masochist; she just takes it as a fairly minor price to pay for getting her hands on this young miss she's mad horny for. As Goggled Anon points out, she's really not "submitting" in any way.

And, being historical, neither of them sees hitting as being as important as we do.

I'm not sure how much I buy the whole dynamic, but I think that's the idea it's trying for. And while I'm not a huge fan of the story, I do think it's positive that it's doing a relationship dynamic that doesn't actually fit into our rather stale labels.

last edited at Feb 13, 2017 6:35PM

Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

As hentai goes, this is pretty interesting.

As yuri goes, it's pretty terrible.

I don't think there was any real mind control or supernatural elements taking place. I think we're just supposed to assume that Kumi has an extremely forceful and charismatic personality.

Bottom line, the very fact that it's totally unclear shows how lousy the writing is. I mean, if those weird speech things don't indicate some kind of telepathic coercion, then we have a main character previously shown as wilful, self-confident and free-spirited suddenly folding for no reason whatsoever except this "forceful" person saying "You, instead of threatening me, fold for me". Doesn't hentai logic usually require at least some kind of blackmail material?

Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

It's pretty disjointed. I get the vague impression that there's some kind of telepathic, and possibly mind control, stuff going on, the blond antagonist has it but the nurse has it too and stronger, or something. But really, stuff doesn't follow well and the story just didn't "gel" for me. And on the other hand, if they were just going for sexy times there was too much attempted plot getting in the way.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

You know, I'm sure it's all going to be done lightly and it will all work out OK in the end and normally I always read yuri even if it's not very good and and and . . .
I just couldn't make myself want to read chapter 2 knowing that it was going down that pretending to be the other person road. The whole concept grates on me too much, I'm not doing it.

Purple Library Guy
Animal discussion 06 Feb 16:56
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I liked 'em both, but the first was my fave. I'd love to see more with those two. The big girl is so calm and benevolent and reliable. And fuzzy and huggable.

Purple Library Guy
Syrupy Love discussion 05 Feb 17:39
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

This reminds me of another hentai ... which in they DID went thought it, ugh

This is still a decent manga

Me too to be honest, which now I'm curious about which one you mean, you have link or name?

Tch tch. Didn't anyone told you tis was the curiosity that killed the cat?

People forget the second line of that.

"Curiosity killed the cat
Satisfaction brought it back."

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I've been waiting for this! Tachi's art and stories are cute. Hopefully there won't be too much drama.

It all depends on whether the twincest is on the card or not!!!

If there's any incest, then I'm outta here. Let's hope it won't be so depraved.

oo come on dude theres only two thing better than yuri in this life one is yuri incest and the other is motherfucking awesome twincest and airi love her sister in a pure way nothing too depraved

Define "too depraved". ;)

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

It occurs to me that the demons do have one way they could successfully get the hero to the castle: Tell the princess he has some special thing or knowledge relating to bedding. Some screams and mayhem later, 1 hero at castle. Not, maybe, in a condition fit for fighting demon kings, but there.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

That plan had one flaw : it wasn't princess-proof. XD

There are no princess-proof plans. They are doomed.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

It's like Amber tea house - and I expect a similar ending - minus the confession. But that doesn't make it bad - not every manga has to be a romance story - just enjoy it for the characters and setting and not expecting and getting impatient for anything in particular.

I dunno about that comparison . . . or rather, maybe I agree but draw a contrasting conclusion. Amber Teahouse was mellow and relaxed and often comedic and pretty decidedly nonsexual, but underneath it all, it was solidly about the romance. "The confession" wasn't just something you could minus--the whole thing was always working towards the two of them being so solidly a couple that they had their lives planned together; if marriage had been an option, it would have been pencilled in for some time after the younger half got her pastrymaking certificate.

I do think this is like Amber Teahouse, by which I mean that although I'm enjoying the journey I am firmly expecting the destination--even if there's never a kiss, there will be commitment.

last edited at Jan 30, 2017 4:56PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

The cat--"What's its name?" "It doesn't have one yet."
Bwahahaha!!!
I'm never sure whether it's more pretentious to explain what people will maybe already know, or not explain what people will maybe not already know. So yeah, "I am a cat", with I believe first line "I am a cat. As yet I have no name." is this famous Japanese literature book that I am vaguely aware of because it gets referenced in manga every so often. So of course the bookseller's cat as yet has no name and this is clearly an in-joke for fellow book people.

last edited at Jan 30, 2017 4:54PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

They are in fact out of order.

This whole court is out of order!

Your out of order!

I'm out of order!

Who ordered all these pizzas?

The Deliverator belongs to an elite order, a hallowed subcategory. He's got esprit up to here. Right now, he is preparing to carry out his third mission of the night. His uniform is black as activated charcoal, filtering the very light out of the air. A bullet will bounce off its arachnofiber weave like a wren hitting a patio door, but excess perspiration wafts through it like a breeze through a freshly napalmed forest. Where his body has bony extremities, the suit has sintered armorgel: feels like gritty jello, protects like a stack of telephone books . . . the Deliverator stands tall, your pie in thirty minutes or you can have it free, shoot the driver, take his car, file a class-action suit.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I dunno, there was something about it that I liked. I'm not sure if it actually had subtext, or if there was any of the backstory it hinted at, but it sort of gave the impression. It makes me wonder if there's more that might dig a little deeper and go a little farther.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I don't consider girls with dicks any less of a girl. This manga just triggered me a little cause the baby isn't even the couple's, it's obviously the goddesses'/magic's/liquid's.

Triggered? You've had bad experiences with deities begetting children?

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So . . . did anyone else see her imagined scenario where she's domming her GF and think "I'd be fine if it went this way"?

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

She's also forgetting stuff that she did before the three-year window. Like, seriously, how do you forget how to kiss?

BUT! That's needless nitpicking, and as I pointed out earlier in the thread, this is "comedy amnesia", not anything approaching real amnesia. So I just roll with all the fluffy happiness instead of trying to figure out exactly how her amnesia is supposed to work. Because that way lies madness.

If those last three years was her only experience at love, then her, forgetting how to kiss is sensible. I mean, we all don't learn how to unless we experience it, and this applies for everything.

I was going to say that no, if she knew how to kiss before she got into the relationship then she still should . . . but actually, I'm not sure her amnesia is supposed to be just about the time period of the relationship. Like, do we know if she even knows her parents?
I don't think real amnesia normally touches skills. Different part/s of the brain; you'd know them, you just wouldn't know why you knew them. But even so, she could still be a great kisser but be hesitant because she no longer knows she's a great kisser. (And boy will she be happy when she finds out!)
Her amnesia is still pretty ridiculous, mind you. I'm just saying that particular incident probably isn't technically any more ridiculous than average.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Arisa standing up to that guy was so sweet!

I can't quite tell if she was standing up to him or getting him to dish pillow technique secrets.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

That was nice. I mean, obviously quick and bare bones, but if something is going to be that number of pages this was a nice way for it to be.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Maybe if they do a french kiss, they do a mind meld, where they each experience each others most's important and intimate life experiences, Martian Manhunter style.

It's Japan. Shouldn't the result be fusion?
Ah, someone beat me to it. Meanwhile, I wonder at what point they swap. Like, say they hold a kiss for a long time, just never letting the lip-lock go. Do they swap at the start or does it wait until they're separating?
They can also do a lot probably without swapping . . . it seems to be lips-on-lips contact that does it, so the swap wouldn't be triggered by lips-on-forehead, lips-on-shoulder, lips-on-op-π . . .
Many important experiments remain to be done! They must fool around more--for science!

last edited at Jan 24, 2017 10:26PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Oh, it's lovely. I never saw this before!

Purple Library Guy
Their Story discussion 23 Jan 13:13
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Speaking of which, no offense, but Chinese people are, on average, not very tall, so when it says that these dudes are crazy tall, how tall are we actually talking here? I have cousins who are 6 ft that were such a rare sight when they visited China that strangers would ask for pictures with them.

I don't think it's genetic, because kids of Chinese extraction in my city (of which there are tons cause this is Vancouver) are the same height as everyone else. Meanwhile, this school seems to be firmly in the "burgeoning new Chinese middle class" category, so probably most of the kids there grew up on a more Western style diet, with more calories, meat and so forth. So they're probably mostly Western-size, no doubt towering over both their elders and poorer kids, and when they get old will have Western rates of heart disease etc.