Forum › A Divine Love Alone discussion

Avatar_200px_moyashimon_aspergillus-oryzae
joined Mar 14, 2014

Is this... progress? I wasn't expecting this series to touch on romantic love. It will be interesting to see how the story moves forward. Kotori: You have to choose one, apparently!
Regardless how it turns out, this is still one of the few manga stories I really enjoy.

joined Mar 14, 2014

what religion?

He's confusing God and god.

God is for monotheistic religions, whole god is from polytheistic religions.

I assume he's thinking of Christianity, which does not allow polygamy. But basically he thinks there is only one religion in the word that has a God/gods.

Or maybe i'm just from another country and didn't know that there was different uses for deitys with capital G and whatnots in english

I read somewhere that the Japanese use of the word "kami" doesn't have the same kind of context as the word "god" does in English. I suppose "deity" would come close, but probably not enough. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kami)

joined Jun 22, 2012

It means you can't two-time. Lels

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Well, given that she is a Shinto god...

What is Shintoism's stance on polygamy anyways?

Is she?
But well, i don't think multiple wives is a thing in Japan so i wouldn't think it's allowed
Don't quote me on that though

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Is she?
But well, i don't think multiple wives is a thing in Japan so i wouldn't think it's allowed
Don't quote me on that though

so? if it's allowed people would just be happy if their partner told they have another wife/hubby?
i think this more of god learning humans rule, no two timing.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

so? if it's allowed people would just be happy if their partner told they have another wife/hubby?

...Did i say something wrong?

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

...Did i say something wrong?

no. it just it's never about polygamy.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

no. it just it's never about polygamy.

Yeah i was just kidding with the polygamy and religion bit
It's not like we can have any serious deep discussion when there's almost nothing in the chapter

joined Mar 30, 2012

You can only have one candy.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I guess polygamy isn't allowed D:

Tell them I said it was okay.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

It's not like we can have any serious deep discussion when there'salmost nothing in the chapter

@Kyonne - I think there is something very special in his chapter. here is a question for you. do you think it possible to love two people equally knowing that loving both will ultimately lose both?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's funny how all these extraordinary things are happening and Chika doesn't know where she is getting into (or where she is being dragged into). Once she knows she will be like "wow wow stop the truck! I'm out, fuck this crazy shit"

last edited at Apr 10, 2014 9:30PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

here is a question for you. do you think it possible to love two people equally knowing that loving both will ultimately lose both?

Most of the time we can't choose who we love, even if the future is grim by doing so, so yeah it's not like you can un-love someone because of that At least i can't

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I had to reread everything since it has been so long. Just remembered how adorable the art is. :3

It seems we've got ourselves a real situation here. O_o Eager to see what's next since there's finally something more than hugging going on, lol.

joined Mar 12, 2014

Let's see how this goes

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

It's love, girl..

Seira
joined Jun 3, 2013

god-zoned.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

This is the only time I think a polygamous relationship could work!

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

It's like this manga is trying to go somewhere but keeps hitting the brakes every few inches it moves. "Are we going somewhere or not?" I ask, to which the manga replies "Shhhhh just stay on your seat dear".

lol that's exactly the way I feel...

I didn't think Kotori liked Satoka in a romantic way... I always thought it was a big sister/little sister kinda relationship, but after seeing this chapter, I guess it's kinda confirmed (since both threads were red, instead of green for friendship)... If and when she has to choose, I'll be a little sad when it happens... It'd be kind of ironic if the god of love couldn't have her own romantic relationship....

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Solution!!

Satoka marry Chika, and took Kotori as their eternal love child. Problem solved.

Still think Kotori loves them both, but very much platonic. It still can work out

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

Whatever religion she from is, it sure is a nice one... to not seeing gender as a barrier for love, that is.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

This is cute 'n all, but I still have no clue why Kotori fell in love with Chika. I mean, Chika doesn't give her the time of day most of the time. Is she that pretty then? I can't tell either, because every girl is designed pretty in this manga. Kotori's crush just seems a bit arbitrary.

Magikarp___karpador_by_maoshizuo-d5z8ufw
joined Apr 10, 2014

I wonder what kind of ties Kotori means when she said that in this http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_divine_love_alone_ch03#14scene >

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

um care to explain where this came from? i mean everything was going smoothly with satoka then......why is this a thing?

joined Mar 14, 2014

I wonder if Chika is someone Satoka knows, based on Satoka's curiousity of Chika's family name.
I await a twist.

To reply you must either login or sign up.