Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Jan 31, 2015

Its ridiculous how the fight about the car in garage got blown out of proportion. Its even more ridiculous that i'd like to chip in my opinion lol.

Why do people assume when a car is in the garage, it means it's not drivable? Thats just ridiculous (again)

ieeheh:
Her brother seems to really care about his car. He literally cried out for her not to put any scratch on it. There are so many possible reasons why its in the garage and not with him. To name a few:

• He has two cars. One for pleasure, and the other for every day. So Seola just knows right away who got a car to borrow.
  • Because he cares for his car so much, he's afraid to drive it too much and pretends to his father that he commutes using public transportation most of the time (while he actually rides his motorcycle). Samba did show that he gave Seola a ride home with his car in chapter 12, when Norae thought he was her boyfriend. So again, Seola knows right away that its usually in the garage. And etc.

And most importantly, the reason Samba didnt want to draw more panels to explain why is because she wants us to see more panels of Seola and Norae together (and yes thats what we want). Because its a story focusing on the feelings of Seola and Norae, not their daily mundane life chores.

So people, I know because you love this story too much you want to dissect it as much as possible. But please, put an end to this ridiculous debate about the car. Yes i know i've used the word "ridiculous" way too many time, but it IS ridicuous. So please focus on Norae and Seola please.

Jin-woo x car is my new OTP.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Why do people assume when a car is in the garage, it means it's not drivable? Thats just ridiculous (again)

In certain parts of the world it would be the contrary.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

In certain parts of the world it would be the contrary.

Keyword: certain. In most first world countries, it's not weird to park a perfectly fine car in a garage. In Korea, it's not weird to park a perfectly fine car in a garage. FF takes place in Korea.

I demand fanart

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

A lot of people mentioned that Seola has been gay since forever and she just hasnt noticed it. I agree :D She was the first one to get attracted to No-rae's cuteness. She couldnt stop talking about No-rae to her other girl friend and mentioning how cute No-rae was...

And most of you probably have noticed those things. But there's one minor thing that Samba really hinted in the story: that Seol-a gets attracted to tomboy girls (or girls who dont care about their appearance much), and she thinks they're cute. Did anyone else noticed too? Where did I see it? In chapter 10, while talking to Min-Jeong, Seol-a said she was embarrassed to say it but she thought that Norae was even cuter than her cousin. Min-Jeong then said she didnt even think her Seola's tomboy cousin was cute in the first place lol.
I know its minor, but I really think Samba hinted it.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 11:55PM

Untitled
joined Aug 14, 2014

A lot of people mentioned that Seola has been gay since forever and she just hasnt noticed it. I agree :D She was the first one to get attracted to No-rae's cuteness. She couldnt stop talking about No-rae to her other girl friend and mentioning how cute No-rae was...

And most of you probably have noticed those things. But there's one minor thing that Samba really hinted in the story: that Seol-a gets attracted to tomboy girls (or girls who dont care about their appearance much), and she thinks they're cute. Did anyone else noticed too? Where did I see it? In chapter 10, while talking to Min-Jeong, Seol-a said she was embarrassed to say it but she thought that Norae was even cuter than her cousin. Min-Jeong then said she didnt even think her Seola's tomboy cousin was cute in the first place lol.

Oh. Never caught that. re-reads all of the chapters again lmao.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Seol-a was saying more like, "My cousin is REALLY not cute...No-rae is way cuter". Like if you saw that little picture Ssamba drew of the cousin (who's a girl as well), she's pretty....not..cute. lol. She hesitated to say that, because she didn't want to seem like she was putting No-rae above her own family member. ("I shouldn't be saying this, but she's much cuter than my younger cousin"). I meant to use "embarrassing" to convey a feeling of shame, not like a giddy schoolgirl crush, but I can change it if this example conveys the message better.

joined Jan 31, 2015

halmoni:

I demand fanart

None exists yet, surprisingly. (inorite)

All right, halmoni, looks like it's up to you again, just like No-rae x bat.

On a more serious note,
here is another-- no wait, two more awesome pieces of fan art from winter. (She's a frickin' machine.)

Source:
http://melancholicwinter.tumblr.com/post/116915906675/chapter-31-fan-art-first-time-to-do-2-fan-arts-in
http://40.media.tumblr.com/8eff0c66bd9f71130365b01c3514d3bb/tumblr_nn430zWi671u56vjgo1_1280.png
http://36.media.tumblr.com/8c3191eaedb325a29cba0b7230201906/tumblr_nn430zWi671u56vjgo2_1280.png

Elegant No-rae is elegant.

last edited at Aug 18, 2015 12:36AM

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

Those quotes... What are you trying to do to my heart, winter? ;_;
I bow to your drawing stamina because two fan arts in one day is downright impressive. I love the angle of No-rae's pic. The simple background really adds to the feel of it. I want to be mad at No-rae but I just can't because she looks cool even when she's being moody. lol.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Keyword: certain. In most first world countries, it's not weird to park a perfectly fine car in a garage. In Korea, it's not weird to park a perfectly fine car in a garage. FF takes place in Korea.

I only meant that people should not jump on someone and go "hurr durr u r dumb foreal" because he/she is not familiar with something. Now I know because a previous poster last week kept talking about plot devices and realistic/unrealistic somd have been on edge but the way sachii has been jumped was uncalled for, it was a mundane statement and he/she was only inquiring about something he/ she clearly wasn't familiar with.

It's like I was watching a pack of hyena go ham on a weak prey, or like manga/manwha girls going ham on a single other girl.

I was legit taken aback. That poster also felt the need to apologize which in my mind should of been the reverse, sachii should of been apologized to.

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 2:11AM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

I demand fanart

Just ask Ikuhara to turn FF into an anime then, lol

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Evilnemesis

I was legit taken aback. That poster also felt the need to apologize which in my mind should of been the reverse, sachii should of been apologized to.

I think the whole thing was unfortunate. Everyone misunderstood each other, so everyone was at each others' throats. It's probably better to let bygones be bygones. :) And to be fair, I don't think sachii was apologizing for asking the question (nor should they have to) but more like apologizing for phrasing it to cause such a misunderstanding (which wasn't necessary, but nice).

moonfrost13

Is it strange that I envy the "will you go out with me" approach? I've never met anyone who's been that direct. For me the opposite is more common (complicated confessions, secret love, chasing, and so on).

omg super strange. your life is straight out of a manga/manhwa!! Why would you want any differentttt. (But I suppose we all want what we don't have. Maybe the chase/chasing isn't as fun/romantic as it looks :P)

takachi

Just ask Ikuhara to turn FF into an anime then, lol

dude. dude. that would be bloody amazing. why did you put that idea into my mind...now I'm sad it's never going to happen. orz does anyone know if korea has an anime version of well...anime lol? although...if anything would get animated, it'd probably the ridiculously popular manhwas. I think like halmoni mentioned earlier, they get about ten times the ratings of FF.

Side Note:

AUGH. WINTER. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. <3

Second Side Note:

Dynasty went down for about 1 minute, and it gave me such a heart attack.... has become addicted to the forums . Ironic for a previous lurker -_-;

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 2:44AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

dude. dude. that would be bloody amazing. why did you put that idea into my mind...now I'm sad it's never going to happen. orz does anyone know if korea has an anime version of well...anime lol? although...if anything would get animated, it'd probably the ridiculously popular manhwas. I think like halmoni mentioned earlier, they get about ten times the ratings of FF.

A lot of Korean animation studios animate stuff for Japanese anime, but I don't think it's common for Korean manhwa to become animated. A live adaptation/drama/movie is more likely to happen (the webtoon "Orange Marmalade" was made into a drama recently). And personally I think Korean dub is absolutely atrocious. It sounds so awkward and fake. I don't understand why Korean voice actors can't talk like normal people, and they exaggerate everything instead.

wondering about "Something like this happened before..." did she have gay-way feelings to someone another (don't know, maybe that mean girl from her past :P), or in people-are-with-me-only-because-I'm-hot-and-rich-and-it's-not-possible-that-anyone-would-be-with-me-because-they-just-like-me-way

I've already clarified the "Something like this happened before..." statement multiple times. Seol-a's just referring to the time when she slept over at No-rae's house. I know you guys are eager to label her as a raging lesbian, but some of y'all need to loosen up your yuri goggles lol. If she had liked someone before, she wouldn't have talked about how confused she was.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I've already clarified the "Something like this happened before..." statement multiple times.

(>.<) sorry, didn't check that thread back time (and I don't check text updates until official releases xD) I was also thinking about that night at No-Rae's place but you know... xD

thx for clearing this up one more time ^^"

edit: Where my post dissapeared o.O?

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 4:19AM

joined Mar 28, 2014

And personally I think Korean dub is absolutely atrocious. It sounds so awkward and fake. I don't understand why Korean voice actors can't talk like normal people, and they exaggerate everything instead.

Just curious, does this also apply to the Winter Sonata anime?

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

And personally I think Korean dub is absolutely atrocious. It sounds so awkward and fake. I don't understand why Korean voice actors can't talk like normal people, and they exaggerate everything instead.

Just curious, does this also apply to the Winter Sonata anime?

Nope, not the Winter Sonata anime. Usually if they have real actors voice acting, the dub is great. It sounds like what Korean should actually sound like. What I'm talking about is mostly Korean dub of popular Japanese anime (Naruto, Ouran, etc.). It sounds like the voice actors are trying to voice a kid's show. That kind of shitty dub needs to go die in a fire.

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

HypocriticalLiar:

omg super strange. your life is straight out of a manga/manhwa!! Why would you want any differentttt. (But I suppose we all want what we don't have. Maybe the chase/chasing isn't as fun/romantic as it looks :P)

Most of my experiences consist of friendships which eventually turn romantic or that result in an unexpected confession. That's why I find FF's storyline relatable. Maybe Random Reader might have a different perspective on it but, I personally don't find chasing fun. I overanalyze and lose sleep whenever such situations arise. lol.

Though maybe I'm biased because I had a close friend with a similar background to No-rae. She assumed she was straight her whole life until she fell in love with me. Upon coming to that realization, she ran, I chased and drama ensued. XP

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 6:14AM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

halmoni:

good god girl (omg I totally added that last word just for alliteration purposes because I haven't used it since high-school and I wanted to reminisce on times before I was old. i regret nothing), do you never sleep? I know you're (or at least, I was under the impression) on the West coast and all...but dude, that's like 6 am. o.o

A lot of Korean animation studios animate stuff for Japanese anime, but I don't think it's common for Korean manhwa to become animated. A live adaptation/drama/movie is more likely to happen (the webtoon "Orange Marmalade" was made into a drama recently). And personally I think Korean dub is absolutely atrocious. It sounds so awkward and fake. I don't understand why Korean voice actors can't talk like normal people, and they exaggerate everything instead.

That kind of shitty dub needs to go die in a fire.

LOL. me = dying. I'm not so sure I would appreciate a live-action...maybe it's because all of the live-actions have destroyed Hana Kimi for me (once upon a time I actually liked it...like first iteration, not this gazillionth crap). [Some Japanese voice-acting -coughGokucough- is terrible too tho!]

moonfrost13:

Most of my experiences consist of friendships which eventually turn romantic or that result in an unexpected confession. That's why I find FF's storyline relatable. Maybe Random Reader might have a different perspective on it but, I personally don't find chasing fun. I overanalyze and lose sleep whenever such situations arise. lol.

Though maybe I'm biased because I had a close friend with a similar background to No-rae. She assumed she was straight her whole life until she fell in love with me. Upon coming to that realization, she ran, I chased and drama ensued. XP

DUUUUUUDE. FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOUR BEST FRIEND. That's like...the best cliche ever!! In like, my romantic-at-heart!book. idk, maybe it's not all roses and lovely drama, but I'm starting to feel like your life is like FF, and I'm starting to get a taddddd bit jealous. :D

But aw. D: I mean, I have no doubt they're not fun when you're experiencing it, but...but...think of the story!! Think of all the gleeful strangers -coughme- excited that apparently true romance isn't actually dead in the water. :P Now I've got two examples! Both you and Random Reader. Life's looking up!

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 9:13AM

Norae3.1
joined Feb 17, 2015

moonfrost13

You're a multi-tasking force in the fandom since you work on the scanlation team and provide fan art in between. XP And thank you, too! I'll continue to draw No-rae and Seol-a for... as long as I have ideas for them. haha. In fact, I would be drawing right now if I wasn't sick.

I'm helping the scanlation team since I don't have anything else to do. I draw and play games everyday so being part of the scanlation team is really new to me. As long as FF is here, you'll never lose ideas. You can draw anytime, anywhere, as long as you have the motivation. :) Get well soon~

Those quotes... What are you trying to do to my heart, winter? ;_;
I bow to your drawing stamina because two fan arts in one day is downright impressive. I love the angle of No-rae's pic. The simple background really adds to the feel of it. I want to be mad at No-rae but I just can't because she looks cool even when she's being moody. lol.

Maybe it's the result of my practicing digital arts for 7 months? lol. No-rae is beautiful in any angle. :>

side note:
I drew and edited the first fan art in that way because No-rae's words pierced my heart. XD Anyways, thank you for all the people who appreciate my art. ♥

Ji-hwan and Hye-Gyeong didn't make appearances these past 4 chapters.. Where are those two and what are they doing? hmmm

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

But aw. D: I mean, I have no doubt they're not fun when you're experiencing it, but...but...think of the story!! Think of all the gleeful strangers -coughme- excited that apparently true romance isn't actually dead in the water. :P Now I've got two examples! Both you and Random Reader. Life's looking up!

I am sure there are many people out there who seek the same thing you do, so never give up believing, your time will come.That's what I do since forever :D definitely there is someone who is the same kind of crazy as me :D

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 12:38PM

joined Nov 30, 2011

moonfrost13

HypocriticalLiar:

To be honest, I never found it fun either. I can look back on it and laugh about it now but, at the time it was the furthest thing from a laughing matter. I didn't get much sleep either, could barely eat, felt sick to my stomach, and couldn't really concentrate throughout the day.

How interesting. I find it amusing how fiction always has certain storylines that are used constantly that almost rarely happen in real life and then, one day it happens to you!

Back on topic with the car debate. Here is my theory on Seol-a "driving" the car.

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 1:17PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

I find it amusing how fiction always has certain storylines that are used constantly that almost rarely happen in real life and then, one day it happens to you!

ah... if only it always worked like that. The girl I really like seemed to be conscious about me and tried to avoid me. Which made me "chase" her even more. And then during our lunch, to which she last minute invited a 3rd-wheeling girl, she mentioned having a bf. And that really crushed me. Now I'm so lost as to whether the bf really exists and I've got no chances or is it still an attempt to run away from me and her own sexuality...

So I really hope No-rae won't try to go out with Ji-hwan in order to get rid of her frustration...

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 1:35PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

So I really hope No-rae won't try to go out with Ji-hwan in order to get rid of her frustration...

I think No-rae is not that kind of a person to do that, she will probably just take her time accepting the truth.

No-rae
joined Mar 23, 2015

Hmmm.. just thinking over some stuff earlier regarding Seol-a being so oblivious around guys.

I think her being the princess in their family (is she the youngest? That can add to that too [lol evil bitch]), surrounded by her 3 brothers made her so comfortable around guys. Even with Ji-Hwan, she doesn't seem to see him as a man and in turn just hangs out with him like a normal friend or a brother. She may not be aware that she's indeed treating them like a normal friend. (But her scene in the beach, the one that got her thinking about her experiences at the beach at dawn, with No-rae can prove this otherwise..oh well)

Now, it was mentioned before that she's never been that in love with all the other guys that she went out with. It got me thinking, why would that random guy (yes the ex) that strangled Seol-a cheat on her? She's portrayed like the most priced girl that a guy can have so why did he cheated? I think this is because Seol-a just treats them as normal friends (or a brother maybe?).. so there are always some things that are missing. Yes, the guy may want to get only in her pants just to brag to his mates -- to have that "Champion" status. But why cheat on her? (I think Seol-a won't even breakup with if he hadn't cheated.) Well if I am on that guy's position, assuming that they really loved/liked each other, I won't pick a peon over a Goddess.

Also, she's mostly always around guys and have very few girl friends. And most likely, these guys that are flocking around her always treats her nicely (with bad motive or none) so she doesn't suspect anything. Remember that she allowed that psycho ex into her apartment without the thought of him hurting her.

So in conclusion, she's so used to being around guys that she cannot see what No-rae is trying pointing out.

Seol-a = one of the boys ;)

Note:
I might be very wrong with some of the details. These are only what I can recall. Please do correct me if I missed something.

joined Mar 23, 2013

But why cheat on her?

Combination of simple factors.

• He's a guy, men cheat way more often when nothing is terribly wrong in the relationship. It's a generalization but is true for the most part. Most women that cheat on their partner is because of over time neglect in the romantic department. How often will you see a guy get the "What the fuck were you thinking" talk?

• He's a moron

• Subconsciously or conciously he felt the "distance" she puts between herself and others including her boyfriends and acted upon it.

Mostly he's a moron.

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 3:33PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014
  • He's a guy, men cheat way more often when nothing is terribly wrong in the relationship. It's a generalization but is true for the most part. Most women that cheat on their partner is because of over time neglect in the romantic department. How often will you see a guy get the "What the fuck were you thinking" talk?

You've not seen the women I've seen x)

To reply you must either login or sign up.