I'd suggest the 'Text' tag

rexbandit Uploader
41620721_big_p12%20(2
joined May 12, 2013

I'd suggest the 'Text' tag

Got it, thanks! :)

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

It is ... SO CUTE , I usually don't like the texty ones....but this was so sweet I got instant tooth decay <3

Rin
joined Apr 1, 2014

Happy Birthday, Maki-chan~! :3

Soramaru doesn't look happy.

But so much sugar i got friggin diabetis

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

That ending came out of nowhere but this was cute nonetheless!

Brave_nehsafphnw
joined Dec 27, 2013

Ahh~ more yuri sweets :>

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

That ending came out of nowhere but this was cute nonetheless!

Well, anything can be overlooked with a little moe~

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

They got married and lived happily ever after, with a lot of science babies.

joined Jan 30, 2015

AUs can be so weird, but there is something weirder to me about something so normal.

Here, you have everyone as normal schoolgirls, and Nico working for her family's butcher store. I mean, it's still super sugary and cute, but you don't exactly see a lot of butchers in doujins, or in manga in general.

(is this the next step up from the maid cafe? Will girls with everyday jobs be the next moe fixation in Japanese nerd culture? It reminds me of a strange piece of K-On fanart, with an older Ritsu as a lineworker.)

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

that escalated quickly! lol

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

Loved it up until the last few pages then it's like uh lol

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

They were destined to become a cute married couple of butchers, it was totally obvious =D

last edited at Apr 18, 2015 7:32PM

joined Oct 10, 2014

So Fugace redrew this http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nico_chan_the_butcher

The newer version sure is better :3 . The proposal part is incredibly bizarre :))

last edited at Apr 18, 2015 8:08PM

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

Welp... I guess that's one way to stop a girl from crying. Tell her to marry you.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I thought it was cute. Sometimes people and/or situations are just like that. Sure it would've been nice to have more build-up, but in this land of Moe up the butt, you tell a girl your feelings directly! Consequences be damned.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Can too much moe poison you? I think it did me.

last edited at Apr 18, 2015 8:30PM

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

This was a really interesting challenge to translate. I've not had much experience with long-form translation in quite a while, and then I wanted to keep the 'children's book' feel to the language as well...

How'd I do, d'ya think?

joined Jan 30, 2015

I thought it was cute. Sometimes people and/or situations are just like that. Sure it would've been nice to have more build-up, but in this land of Moe up the butt, you tell a girl your feelings directly! Consequences be damned.

It's downright depraved! God as my witness, they skipped right to holding hands

Just remember; if you feel the need to vomit, it's just your system's natural defenses kicking in.

I've not had much experience with long-form translation in quite a while, and then I wanted to keep the 'children's book' feel to the language as well...

I think it was faithful to that storybook tone. I didn't think about it before, but I'm guessing it can be hard to pick the right wording and punctuation for translations of simple (linguistically speaking) stories.
It runs the risk of sounding flat and mechanical if it's too direct, or sounding too complex if one lapses into more conventional, more "adult" language.
In this case, it sounded sufficiently "all ages."

joined Feb 23, 2013

Oh my god, that was so sweet.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Just remember; if you feel the need to vomit, it's just your system's natural defenses kicking in.

Well I did, but it mostly just made me more sober, so I started drinking again. Hope it got out the moe out as well.

Actually that's perfect, I can have as much moe as I want as long as I vomit a bit! Just like food and alcohol!

I'm sure that's healthy.

last edited at Apr 18, 2015 9:21PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This was a really interesting challenge to translate. I've not had much experience with long-form translation in quite a while, and then I wanted to keep the 'children's book' feel to the language as well...

How'd I do, d'ya think?

https://youtu.be/b3cEYSacVHI?t=47s

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

The next time I go to the butcher, I'll have to be careful. Otherwise I might end up married to someone.

Still, my blood is sugar right now

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

How'd I do, d'ya think?

https://youtu.be/b3cEYSacVHI?t=47s

I will never again be able to read one of your comments without hearing that voice coming out of your avatar's head.

last edited at Apr 18, 2015 9:36PM

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

How'd I do, d'ya think?

I'd throw away all the "-chan"'s. And replace Lin's "Nya" w/ "Meow".

To reply you must either login or sign up.