Forum › Posts by Schpwuette

joined Feb 23, 2013

but the only connection I can see that Nettaigyo (tropical fish) has with Amano Konatsu is the 'natsu' (summer).

There's no 'natsu' kanji in nettaigyo. You're probably thinking of the first one, 'netsu', which is pretty unrelated.

I'm sure the title is more symbolic than directly referential.

I didn't say there is :o
Summer and tropical are vaguely related, that's all I meant.

joined Feb 23, 2013

And correct me if I'm wrong, as my kanji knowledge and literacy is subpar these days, but I once read that the title can be read as Konatsu yearns for Koyuki?

It's not that simple, and I'd love if someone could elaborate more... but here's what I know:
The Yuki in the title is clearly a reference to Koyuki, but the only connection I can see that Nettaigyo (tropical fish) has with Amano Konatsu is the 'natsu' (summer).

To my knowledge, japanese people tend to look down on name puns, so maybe that's all there is to it.
Maybe the 'natsu' isn't even meant to be a connection, dunno.

Schpwuette
Ibis Pink discussion 15 Mar 15:32
joined Feb 23, 2013

Was it just a dream?

Schpwuette
Nocturnal discussion 10 Feb 13:06
joined Feb 23, 2013

Sorry, but what exactly happened in the last page?

I don't watch the anime, is there something I need to know to get It?

Boss, the watch, said good morning without having to recharge its batteries. It was just a trick.

joined Feb 23, 2013

Wait, this is official right? So gay.

Schpwuette
joined Feb 23, 2013

Beautiful

joined Feb 23, 2013

The unironic use of the term "normies". What is this, the Crunchyroll translation team?

リア充爆発しろ maps so perfectly onto 'normies go die' that I can be confident that that's what it said even though I haven't seen the raws. Everything, even the fact that it's a jokey bit of internet slang, is exactly right.

Schpwuette
Ririkano discussion 04 Apr 19:32
joined Feb 23, 2013

That Kyubey double-stamp was glorious. Also, everything else.

Schpwuette
joined Feb 23, 2013

I am so glad that Ooshima got into pokemon. Happy days...

Schpwuette
joined Feb 23, 2013

The cutest. The lilliest. Also, I never knew about that catchphrase.

Schpwuette
joined Feb 23, 2013

Wow that was interesting. It felt like it was skipping over a lot of explanation, building directly on top of a lot of common clichés, skipping over them without actually mentioning them. I love how everything between them was said obliquely...

Miman is a great author.

last edited at Nov 23, 2016 9:57AM

joined Feb 23, 2013

plot holes
makes no sense
ending came out of nowhere

Jesus christ, learn to read between the lines, guys.
This was an amazing oneshot.

Schpwuette
Walk Wit Me discussion 22 Jun 10:14
joined Feb 23, 2013

I felt like I've read a novel. It was very western

Yep, yep. This. Absolutely this.

It was good, too.

Schpwuette
joined Feb 23, 2013

Thanks for the spoiler warning! Thanks to that I was able to properly finish the anime and fully enjoy these doujins~

Schpwuette
joined Feb 23, 2013

Wahahaha. That was amazing.
Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBVrPWwSlRM

Hahaha!

Schpwuette
joined Feb 23, 2013

Yeeesss Saida Nika wins again \o/

Schpwuette
joined Feb 23, 2013

Oh my god, that was so sweet.

Schpwuette
joined Feb 23, 2013

Well I was smiling and grinning and laughing the entire way through the chapter (except that brief serious bit). This made me super happy.

Schpwuette
joined Feb 23, 2013

Yes! I can't get enough of this high quality stuff.

Schpwuette
joined Feb 23, 2013

Loved both the art and the story. Definitely keeping an eye or three on this one.

Schpwuette
joined Feb 23, 2013

What's the point of writing a manga focused on gender identity and possibly sexual orientation if all of a sudden you just go and fall into the same old gender stereotypes?

Are you talking about the scene where Uozumi is shown to be stronger? Testosterone will do that. Though I don't know if Kashiwa is on hormones yet...

Schpwuette
joined Feb 23, 2013

YES
YAY

Schpwuette
joined Feb 23, 2013

really? ugh this is one of the most shallow...........screw this i could care less whether my partner is a virgin or not, your virginity is not that important! as long as they dont sleep around a lot i dont care.

this is so shallow it hurts, i shouldn't have trusted sayman that damn 4koma tricked me into thinking he could make something i like.....

Have fun not liking things!

Schpwuette
joined Feb 23, 2013

This manga is about Kotori - a god-in-training. She speaks too easily about love. She doesn't understand why only two people can be joined by red strings (polyamory aside...).

So... I'm pretty sure the manga is about Kotori learning what love really means. I guess she'll learn about it by seeing the mess that's gonna arise when Chika realises Satoka is Shiori's important friend.

Schpwuette
Salomelic discussion 26 Feb 18:22
joined Feb 23, 2013

Hurrah! Modern fantasy + yuri \o/