Forum › Step In discussion

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

Are you kidding me..nothing has changed at all. Chitose is still stuck on the past and clingy as hell. Here I was hoping that someone would slap some sense into her.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I didn't really like this much at all.

joined Jul 8, 2013

Uh...I can't even tell if this was a happy ending...It seemed happy...but it didn't really sound that happy...

joined Mar 7, 2012

What? What kind of ending is this? I'm not even sure what the problem/plot is, to be honest.

joined Mar 23, 2013

I disagree with the 4 previous comments, while it's not a "Yeah KISSSSSSSSSSU" end or anything like that. It feels like those two talked heart to heart for the first time in a long time.

And that's something more precious than one would think.

last edited at Sep 3, 2014 6:54PM

joined Aug 1, 2013

So she goes from saying that she's changed, to saying that she hasn't changed at all because she knew Chitose hadn't changed either. Very progressive follow up.

last edited at Sep 3, 2014 7:15PM

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I dont care if it was a yuri end or not. Just the characters are pretty forgettable, and the sequel did nothing for me. It needs less angst (if you can call it that) and more of chitose getting over herself.

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

well despite what other people said I like it

Tumblr_m6qk60jppk1r95frro1_500
joined May 28, 2013

well that was positively disappointing. I feel like it could have gone somewhere in the second part, but they're just stuck in their rut and seemingly happy, but how can they be happy like that? The problems she may have 'sensed' haven't been solved, they've just been strangely noted and then ignored. That's not helping anyone and it's totally fleeting - that idea may last until the end of school but it's not a long term thing at all.. Sort yourself out, girls, dear me...

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Ehhh. I get what it's going for, but I don't think it was executed very well. I think this second part should have focused on Nao, rather than restating Chitose's issues

joined Jan 30, 2013

They haven't really solved anything, have they?
I feel this discussion is going to happen again in the future, especially if they end up doing didn't things after school.

Edit: I also thought the first part stood well on its own and I was right! Ha!

last edited at Sep 3, 2014 7:45PM

I
joined May 21, 2014

I like this fine as the way it is.. but hoping for next part for story settlement

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Mmm I don't like the idea of not changing at all. Healthy relationships are ones that stay strong even if people change. It came across as a very immature ending.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I disagree with the 4 previous comments, while it's not a "Yeah KISSSSSSSSSSU" end or anything like that. It feels like those two talked heart to heart for the first time in a long time.

And that's something more precious than one would think.

That's how I feel about it, it wasn't the romantic tear-jerking ending or a devastating rejection-ending or anything, it was just two girls finally figuring out that they really haven't changed and are still stuck on each other like they have always been.

In that respect, it was a good story.

Photo1
joined Feb 11, 2013

Well, from what I've learned from Japanese class. The Japanese culture heavily emphasizes on subtlety when it comes to things like love. In Japan, one doesn't say "Aishiteru" or "I love you" to express fondness for other people, they say "Suki" or "I like you" even for people they've known their whole life. It's like being told "I love you. Will you marry me and have my babies?" from someone you've just met on the street. It's just plain creepy. In short, the Japanese don't say it, they feel it, which is exactly what Miman might've been going for.

joined Apr 23, 2014

I liked it. Not a story I'll remember, but it had enough content to keep me interested towards the end.

last edited at Sep 3, 2014 11:26PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I think daisuki has multiple meanings in place of aishiteru, which you're right, I don't think I have ever heard or read anyone saying that. Dai/suki seems to depend on the context and who's saying it to whom in regards to whether it's simply "I really like you" or "I love you." If it's a couple that's been together a long time, at the very least the underlying implication would be that the one saying it is "I love you".

They probably do say aishiteru, but not out in public where everyone can hear them, unless they are a really brash young couple or something lol.

joined Jun 5, 2013

I have no problem with no straightforward confession or whatnot. I DO have a problem with the fact that they both refuse to change and instead regressed back to their childish desires and personalities. How this should have ended, if we want the healthy, happy route, is that Chitose decided to grow up and change along with Nao. People change and relationships can only last if they change together.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

That ending did not solve anything? ..or am i missing something?.
"i'm never going to change" ...And thats fine? Just blush and squeeze the hand while going right back to the begining.

Read and forget. O`_ó

Kokoko
joined Mar 14, 2014

Not even a single kiss..... What with this ending!?

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

It wasn't a particularly BAD chapter at all. It was actually good.

But it was just...odd. Unlike what people think, things HAVE changed for the better...but it was put across in such...well an odd way. Clearly Nao and Chitose like each other and I like the idea of not changing, but it just came across so oddly in the last 3 or 4 pages.

I think I know what the writer was getting at and I like it but it's a very curious way to go about doing it.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

I really am becoming a fan of Miman. However... now this follow-up requires a follow-up! I don't mind open-ended stories. in fact, it gives me hope that the story could be continued at a different time. in this instance, I wish the story was more resolved or left at a point that the reader knew an additional story/stories were coming.

But it was just...odd. Unlike what people think, things HAVE changed for the better...but it was put across in such...well an odd way. Clearly Nao and Chitose like each other and I like the idea of not changing, but it just came across so oddly in the last 3 or 4 pages.

I think I know what the writer was getting at and I like it but it's a very curious way to go about doing it.

agreed. at this point, I think their feelings for one another are starting to get mixed in with how they see one another which is not necessarily the same thing. At least this is my opinion as to why Chitose is acting so jealously towards Nao.

On a different note, Yumi is the bomb! you gotta love it when you have a friend that can be both diplomatic and blunt at the same time. Her character reminds me of Harumin-san from Citrus.

0b955f79-53d7-4077-9788-189760d17f51
joined Aug 21, 2013

It floats their boat, so it sounds like a happy ending to me

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

It floats their boat, so it sounds like a happy ending to me

totally unrelated to Miman's "Step In," but say Bacon, fyi, that is the cutest avatar. it's one of my 3 favs on here.

yup, but IMO we need a 3rd story or if we're lucky, this could be expanded to a complete story that follows them through high school. that'd be nice given that their characters are not blasé.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Well, it may not be romance, but they did get a resolve for their "Being Together"

To reply you must either login or sign up.