Forum › Posts by aletto

joined Jan 30, 2013

Excellent stuff and slightly disturbing (which is part of their nature, I suppose). This page is super striking.

last edited at Jan 26, 2016 10:53PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

I don't know if I would consider it one of the greatest and I'm not really inclined to make a list but Lip-Service Woman and the Impregnable Maiden's confession scene is quite memorable.

aletto
Transgender discussion 29 Nov 12:01
joined Jan 30, 2013

I didn't try to make an exhaustive list. One example would've sufficed to show that there are reasons to say you're trans (as opposed to Nevri's opinion).

aletto
Transgender discussion 29 Nov 11:54
joined Jan 30, 2013

I get the need to being able to identify and by part of the group, but when I meet someone, I don't care. They identify as male? They are a man. They identify as female? They are a woman. Clearly that is how they want to be perceived so I will treat them as such. But when such person goes and tell everyone "Hey! I had a male/female body before it! Just so you know!" It is like they want to be perceived this way. Not just male or female, but like some third gender or something. Also w/e you like it or not, there is a lot stuff that you will be thinking unconsciously once you learn "the truth" and even most tolerant people can have slips or won't be able too see them as 100% the gender they want to be because of that.

Sure, they might want pat on the head for all their hard work, but isn't that what friends and/or family are for? For total stranger all it does its making them feel as if you are playing sympathy card in order to show them how much you went through. It would only make people either afraid to say something wrong and tiptop around you or they wouldn't care and maybe even start to say/ask really unpleasant thing. I will just never understand it. If they went all the trouble to be able to express themself and be perceived the way they feel is right, why would they then ruin it by going and telling everyone about their "sad past".

Some people haven't fully transitioned yet. Others never will. For those people, it'd make sense to clarify by saying they're trans.
Some will have struggled for years to figure out who they are. If it's such an important part of their identity, they may want to express it freely which doesn't mean they'll tell everyone, especially strangers. Even if they do, all they're saying is that they were born in a body that didn't line up with their gender. It doesn't imply a third gender, but it's still very unusual.
Hence it's fine to have a lot of subconscious thoughts about it as long as long as you still treat them as equals. They probably have thought about it more than you.

I doubt they're asking for a pat on the head. It's about acknowledgement and whether you accept them anyway.
Some may not have friends or family (anymore). In that case, I dare say they deserve sympathy (which they aren't entitled to but it's nice if they get some). If people are afraid to say something wrong or tiptoe around the subject or start saying or asking unpleasant things, it is because they're uninformed or even ignorant which is hardly the trans person's fault.

You say you'll never understand it and that leads to you arguing against your own impressions and reactions. You argue against a hypothetical trans person who's so aggressive with their identity to the point that they yell at strangers. You argue against implications that you read into it and weren't necessarily made by Uranusmyname'stoolong.
All it "ruins" is your personal perception.

aletto
joined Jan 30, 2013

However if it were up to me, I prefer to portray a world where a girl has many choices of men to choose from yet she chooses a girl, rather than a world where she chooses to be with a girl in a world where only girls exist.

I like her way of thinking.

It's great, you don't get it very often.

joined Jan 30, 2013

This only avoids recessive hereditary diseases. Offspring of two close family members are still going to have lower genetic diversity than others which is a disadvantage.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Actually, as long as they aren't producing highly inbred

Not sure what your criteria for "highly inbred" are, but the first generation already carries a significant risk of having a hereditary disease.

joined Jan 30, 2013

You can type it ("Adult life comedy") straight into the search bar and it'll do the same.

aletto
Image Comments 04 Aug 21:57
joined Jan 30, 2013

All the important questions and Kase-san

last edited at Aug 4, 2015 9:58PM

aletto
joined Jan 30, 2013

It's been too long, I can't even remember...

aletto
Their Story discussion 03 Aug 02:24
joined Jan 30, 2013

The beaut of reading "stolen" scanlation [link removed]

Don't link to manga theft sites kids, or you might find your whole comment goes missing. Maybe it'll just be the link, maybe the whole thing. So you wanna ask yourself....do I feel fortunate today?

6/10 delivery

aletto
Negom discussion 02 Aug 05:23
joined Jan 30, 2013

Well, they aren't wrong...

aletto
Negom discussion 02 Aug 05:07
joined Jan 30, 2013

Thought you went to sleep.

joined Jan 30, 2013

I think the resize button in the top right corner should take care of that.

edit: okay, so it doesn't always resize properly

last edited at Jul 23, 2015 6:56AM

aletto
LOVE/DEATH discussion 20 Jul 13:55
joined Jan 30, 2013

I was honestly expecting a double suicide at the way things were going.

I was expecting double homicide.

aletto
LOVE/DEATH discussion 20 Jul 13:15
joined Jan 30, 2013

I feel like that hand stabbing was kind of glossed over too much.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Wow, this has a shitload of views according to the main page... Yaoi tags kinda fenced me off, but I am glad I read this brilliant work.

Oh wow you're right. I've never seen something that high, this may be a record. Wouldn't that be ironic?

aletto
Image Comments 18 Jul 10:23
joined Jan 30, 2013

Due to some personal circumstances the recent regular image updates will be put on hold. I'm not sure when they'll resume again, or what will be featured at that time. My apologies for stopping directly in the middle of the Fluttering Feelings festival. Thank you for your understanding.

bows and exits

Good luck with your situation. What about the other uploaders though?

aletto
Request 17 Jul 20:58
joined Jan 30, 2013

Generally speaking, you can't just expect people to start scanlating for you. It's a ton of work. Although you could always try to make your own group. If you've got access to the scans, you could go to Yuri Project's board and see where it takes you.

It's a het harem so I don't think yuri project is the best place to ask.

Well I thought considering that this is dynasty... nevermind.

aletto
Request 17 Jul 18:42
joined Jan 30, 2013

Generally speaking, you can't just expect people to start scanlating for you. It's a ton of work. Although you could always try to make your own group. If you've got access to the scans, you could go to Yuri Project's board and see where it takes you.

aletto
joined Jan 30, 2013

Well, that was interesting.
Is there any particular reason why Alpha is spelled Alfa in the title?

joined Jan 30, 2013

And then you read their other SakuAli works and you're like wtf am I reading.

last edited at Jul 16, 2015 12:24AM

aletto
Stretch discussion 15 Jul 21:36
joined Jan 30, 2013

3000+ posts, wooo

joined Jan 30, 2013

I have absolutely no clue how I managed to suggest that tag. Sent a new suggestion.

aletto
joined Jan 30, 2013

It's kind of impressive how, if you don't know the ships and their relationships very well, this makes no sense whatsoever. But clearly from the comments if you do, it works really well.

Isn't that pretty normal if you don't know a fandom?