Forum › Posts by satyrandsiren

joined Jun 5, 2013

I always considered going to an all girls school but thought my idea of them were distorted by all the manga I've read. Girls are already clingy on my campus (which I was shocked by: I make sure they don't know how fast my heart is beating when they do it to me). I'm thinking of moving to a new college campus, so maybe I should decide to go to an All girls one.

I had to double check on google for me to realise that women only universities actually exist...
Wow..(trying to visualise my campus in this state...)
Are you sure about that?

I know there are women's colleges in North America that tend to focus more on female students, but generally they're still co-ed even if the majority of the student body are female. A number of those actually were women-only a generation or three ago, but I can't think of any that still are.

There are still quite a few. Some of them are pretty famous, I think pretty much all of them are somewhat religious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Sisters_(colleges)

I go to a Seven Sister, so, yes, there are still women-only colleges in the US. However, there are also transmen and genderqueer people among our ranks. I honestly believe women-only colleges should continue to operate as long as the patriarchy exists. The Seven Sisters aren't religious or I would have booked it out of there.

Part of the reason why I went was the same reason as the MC: to bask in the yuri. I'm three years in now and nobody bats an eyelash if you're dating another girl. I'd guess that about 30% of the population are chicks who are into chicks. It's freaking fantastic. I just find it funny that I ended up dating a girl from another college...

last edited at Jan 3, 2015 4:13PM

satyrandsiren
joined Jun 5, 2013

Uhm... isn't anyone seeing the psychotic tendencies? Anyone? I know this is fiction but people normally don't slide their hands across someones throat after holding them down, saying lines like, ''I don't need anyone but you'' and ''I wanted to become you''. I wouldn't mind so much if I wasn't piss scared when she goes into yandere mode so suddenly and I don't think the author is actually going down this road, I guess it will be more in line with Notes From The Garden Of Lilies - level of drama

Yeah, I'm pretty alarmed by that part. Hopefully this will be addressed as not okay. If it's consensual, I don't care, but as of now...

satyrandsiren
Step In discussion 03 Sep 23:36
joined Jun 5, 2013

I have no problem with no straightforward confession or whatnot. I DO have a problem with the fact that they both refuse to change and instead regressed back to their childish desires and personalities. How this should have ended, if we want the healthy, happy route, is that Chitose decided to grow up and change along with Nao. People change and relationships can only last if they change together.

satyrandsiren
joined Jun 5, 2013

That girl was pretty manipulative and callous to sleep with two guys AND pregnant just to be noticed. Good riddance, indeed. You don't want anyone toxic like that in your life.

satyrandsiren
joined Jun 5, 2013

Apparently there's an extra for the couple in the second chapter? I will scour all over the internet for it!

satyrandsiren
joined Jun 5, 2013

She can only choose one is pretty much what I got from that chapter.

satyrandsiren
Citrus discussion 09 Apr 12:24
joined Jun 5, 2013

Ugh, I hate love triangles. I was expecting it but I was hoping it wouldn't use such a cliche plot device. Argh.

joined Jun 5, 2013

I don't really understand why people don't like Sacchan? I wouldn't say her situation isn't as complex as the others. After all, she just came out of a controlling, toxic relationship and now a dear friend of hers is in love with her. I do hope she can return her feelings eventually.

As for Asuna, she's probably the character I like the least. I don't hate her, but I'm irritated by how she cheated on Fue and how insensitive she was to Meru. I'm generally pissed off by how everyone (but Ruki, Fue, Sacchan, and Remi - though she should have known that scolding isn't what she needs) treated Meru. Urgh, people make me sick.

satyrandsiren
joined Jun 5, 2013

Give me moooooar.

joined Jun 5, 2013

Why have a husband and wife role? They can both be wives with Madoka fitting the more stereotypical housewifey role and Homura being the working woman.

satyrandsiren
joined Jun 5, 2013

Yeah, I was like when did that happen? And reread Office Romance. Love that characters from other series pop up in other ones, though~

satyrandsiren
Citrus discussion 31 Jan 19:28
joined Jun 5, 2013

My thoughts are Mei does have feelings for Yuzu but it's all muddled up. Yuzu will most likely reject her. I'm hoping she would anyways as much as I would love a sexy scene. Then there will be another period of Mei avoiding/acting cold to Yuzu.
What I would like is for Yuzu to continue being there for Mei in her big sister mode and Mei actually falling for her all the while. If this actually happens, I suspect another love rival to appear but this time for Yuzu's affections. Perhaps her friend? It's a tired trope, though, so I hope this doesn't happen.

So, I was spot on some points. It doesn't look like Yuzu is going to be in big sister mode after all, but maybe that old friend of hers is a new love rival after her affections?

joined Jun 5, 2013

"Answer to the obligatory oneshot question: Yes, there actually is a sequel to this."

Sequel, wasshoi! :3
This manga was soooooo cute, awawawa ^^

What if every cute/good oneshot or series of yuri got animated? Would you be happy, or sad, or mad? o.O

God, now I wish there was an anime solely dedicated to animating oneshot/twoshot yuri. One episode or two for each with different animation styles for each.

satyrandsiren
joined Jun 5, 2013

Homura will always be Moemura deep down.

satyrandsiren
joined Jun 5, 2013

Yuu is too adorable~ I really love kuuderes. And Kanna is hilarious as usual.

joined Jun 5, 2013

I definitely enjoyed this Christmas present. So happy there's finally a Yuri tag placed on this. I hope it won't have to be taken away.

satyrandsiren
Citrus discussion 05 Dec 22:29
joined Jun 5, 2013

My thoughts are Mei does have feelings for Yuzu but it's all muddled up. Yuzu will most likely reject her. I'm hoping she would anyways as much as I would love a sexy scene. Then there will be another period of Mei avoiding/acting cold to Yuzu.
What I would like is for Yuzu to continue being there for Mei in her big sister mode and Mei actually falling for her all the while. If this actually happens, I suspect another love rival to appear but this time for Yuzu's affections. Perhaps her friend? It's a tired trope, though, so I hope this doesn't happen.

joined Jun 5, 2013

I think this chapter effectively pushed subtext into plain text. I didn't even have to put my yuri goggles on.

satyrandsiren
joined Jun 5, 2013

I was wondering when this would end up here.

satyrandsiren
joined Jun 5, 2013

I'm pretty sure this was translated already? Oh well.

satyrandsiren
joined Jun 5, 2013

Page 70. Is that Madoka?

satyrandsiren
Kase-san discussion 07 Jun 23:56
joined Jun 5, 2013

While it's possible the new chapter takes place after the alternative ending, I think it's also possible that it takes place before the marathon itself - perhaps in the middle of training for it? It was really cute, regardless.

satyrandsiren
Cotton discussion 06 Jun 16:56
joined Jun 5, 2013

Hm, not sure if I would label it as yuri since the two chicks don't seem to be in love with each other. I got the impression they were but that doesn't seem the case. Sigh.

satyrandsiren
joined Jun 5, 2013

I've read this manga multiple times and it never ceases to make me laugh. I think it's my first yuri series.