Forum › Secret of the Princess discussion

Gorgeous%20ruka
joined Jan 13, 2014

I like that part when Miu said, "I am not really in love with you Senpai!"

[hachimitsu_scans]_sweet_magic_syndrome_v01_c07_04
joined Aug 22, 2013

OMG..... Need moar !!! thanks for the new chapter!!

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Still not entirely sold on the premise of this story because it's so cliche ridden but I am somewhat intrigued to see how it will pan out so I'll read it to the end. Or at least until my interest wanes...

I dunno, it departs from the norm in at least one notable way in that at this point Fujiwara actually isn't into girls, at least consciously. Most stories like this, you'd be seeing feelings on both sides and assuming assuming the other didn't feel that way, and they'd just keep dancing around each other. But not here, and it's a bit refreshing.

Although obviously Fujiwara will be into Miu at the end, but the trip there isn't quite the standard one yet.

Well I think it's also the fact that a fair amount of it focuses on the story from Miu's side. So we still really have no idea how Fujiwara is handling the relationship.

joined Mar 12, 2014

Finally! i've been waiting for this for so long! thank you!

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

I'll wait for the story to be developed some more.... I wish Morinaga-sama will surprised us again like she did with her other series. I love her old stuff, cherry blossoms....

joined Nov 11, 2010

Really loving this story so far. I don't have a problem with Morinaga's longer, more lighthearted pieces but the writing in this one has a gripping quality of being concise and directed. The correspondence of each chapter's themes with its title is quite neat -- I'd be comfortable calling this Morinaga's best ongoing series.

Hirosawa's a pretty interesting addition to the story, and I'm also quite glad Morinaga took the trouble to make Kaori a sympathetic character. Even Miu's other two friends I can't begrudge too much since it seems they might not know what they're getting in for (since they switched off Fujiwara for apparently actually going out with a girl, I will laugh if Hirosawa has been privately inducting her fans to the 'garden of lilies' in the meanwhile ;P).

As for Fujiwara herself, I think it's true that we can have the expectation that she will come to like Miu eventually, but it's not clear at all for the moment how we will get there.

Thanks to Yuri Girl 1001 for the release! I'm looking forward to the other works on your schedule as well, but there's nothing quite like this feel of classic Morinaga.

last edited at Jun 28, 2014 9:10PM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

yknow you say that fujiwara contradicts herself saying she has no friends yet has a lot of girls confess to her, isn't that kinda not the same thing? she says so herself, she has classmates, and people who come visit her at club, but all of them keep a distance from her. like it was stated, associating with others is not the same as actually being friends. and just because someone confesses to you when you don't want that kind of relationship doesn't mean they could be your friend. just cause they have romantic (or think they do) feelings for her, she has to then accept them as a friend? they obviously don't know much about her, and clearly have these idolized images built up about her. i personally find fangirling (like, the serious zealotry type they love to show in mangas or that you see at a justin bieber concert) kind of disgusting, and would myself not be interested in trying to build a friendship off of that. she's not lesbian, at least in the beginning of the story. so she finds all the confessions off putting, or, as she says, "i honestly don't know what to do with that sort of thing." the small text after that saying, "as to whether they are actually serious or not..." shows she understands that not all relationships in a girl's only school are "real," whether they at that time think so or not. and the first statement, considering she doesn't even have any idea what to do with both them and their confessions, i really doubt they even come up as friend material in her mind. so she has distant classmates/fans/club members, random girls she doesn't know making questionable love confessions, and that's it. doesn't sound to me like that's any friends. so where's the contradiction? remember, she never said no one liked her, just that she didn't have any FRIENDS. and she doesn't, and still doesn't, even with the appearance of hirosawa. you can still have someone to banter with and not be friends.

and where may i ask did you guys actually see a scene/conversation about the girls crying when giving a confession/getting turned down? i reread the whole thing and didn't see it anywhere. or was that a reference to kaori crying when talking to miu? because that's only one girl, out of how many, that has been shown to behave like that. and one girl, out of how many fangirls, to really actually have an honest to god lesbian thing for fujiwara, is an accurate development imo. the conditions under which she was "confessing" would naturally make her cry if she really did love fujiwara. i mean, how many other girls came up to miu for that same thing? none that the author showed or mentioned, so for us that's a solid 0. you can't really base the seriousness of all the other girls fujiwara mentions on this one girl considering the circumstances of the confession. unless of course it was all a reference to something else then ignore all that lol.

as for the whole extortion thing....fujiwara broke a vase, asked miu to keep it a secret, who clearly says in thought she wouldn't tell anyways, then states "i'll do anything!" so when miu asks her to go out with her, she agrees. She's the one who said she'd do anything, without a threat being placed on her for it. then later after the whole karaoke thing, clearly states the convenience for her to finally have it publicly out that they were "dating." yes, she didn't know miu wouldn't tell, and yes, japanese people are very subservient and have a difficult time saying no, but i can hardly look at the whole thing as "extortion." it would be if miu blatantly says, pretend to go out with me or i'll tell, without the offer to do anything she is asked to do already out there on the table. if anything, it's actually the other way around. i mean, miu is using fujiwara to see what it's like to date someone, which naturally will grow, however platonic, feelings towards each other. fujisawa on the other hand, is simply using miu to block off all the confessions. seems like that's a lot more cold hearted. but either way, that is taking both of those completely out of context in consideration of any actual feelings and situations they were said in. for fujiwara, that's really more of an added bonus, as shown in chp 1 she obviously didn't even consider that part, and pounced on the thought of having a friend. and as for miu, it was simply an opportunity that arose for her. the good looking "prince" of the school was begging for her silence, stating she would do anything, when she had just been thinking about the futility of a girl's school.

anyways...so far i like the whole premise and idea of the story, wish it could be longer to really flesh it out. whole lot better than the other story she is putting out atm lol, the school detective one. although i think kisses and sighs, considering the length she had to work with it, is my favorite even over girl friends. i liked the intensity that one had that girl friends didn't.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Oh, dear... Morinaga has just set the perfect stage to extend the series duraton by forcing missunderstandings... again. Well, I suppose everything should be clarified by 2016.

last edited at Jun 29, 2014 10:38PM

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

It's a really cute typical school-girl yuri, which I love. It's also nice that the protagonist knows early on that she's in love with Fujiwara. I hope we get to see what fujiwara feels about all of these. :) though, when she said, "don't worry she's not like that" does that mean, she is? :) can't wait!!! I just hope the update won't be soooo slooooow! I had to re-read this again to refresh my yuri memory! :)

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

It's been a while since this was updated.

Been a huge fan of Girlfriends here and some of Morinaga-sama's work. Though, honestly, this story got lost in my memory, concluding, this was not able to catch much of my attention. :\ Had to re-read it.

But anyway, will still follow this through the end. :)

I won't give up yet Morinaga-sama! :D

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

This series is ongoing in Japan, being published in the Hirari anthology. Chapter 3 recently came out in Hirari 13, I will be scanlating this chapter as soon as I can get to it.

Sorry, I kind of took another break, but scanlations will be starting back up about now. (Which is why I finally got around to checking the forums again.)

Woo you're the best! Good luck.

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Ah, no! don't lock it in a box! :v

joined Jul 8, 2013

I don't see why she would want to be friends with these girls after they got mad at her for such a stupidly petty reason. Especially since they got over it so quickly.

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

aaaaarrghh it sucks waiting for more chapters. I just want to read all of this right away

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

She wanna be a princess and be by the side of a wonderful prince....hahaha so funny. The trick now is to make her fall in love with you, dummy.

joined Apr 20, 2014

Will waiting for next chapter. Dnt be long..

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

Fujiwara likes zombie strippers eh? Cool.

joined Nov 14, 2013

Lol loved the Tamamin from Girlfriends cameo

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

Lol loved the Tamamin from Girlfriends cameo

i must be losing my mind. What page?

OrangePekoe Admin
Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

^
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_princesss_mirror_ch04#10

Morinaga still great.

mind confirmed lost

I should really pay more attention to the margins. -_-;

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

<rant> Ugh, I need to pool up the chapters. I hate getting to the end of one chapter and not being able to dive off into the next chapter.<\rant>

<double rant>on a different note, this whole boyfriend-girlfriend issue with Miu needs to hurry up and progress. I know this is Morinaga-sensei's style, but arrrgh! don't get me wrong, I do enjoy it; however, if this story has a linear progression like Girlfriends did, then we'll have to suffer 6-7 chapters of Miu contemplating "if only's".<\double rant>

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Lol... How did even Tamamin came to this picture?... But I still liked it :D hahaha... Made me miss Girlfriends again :3

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

Dang. Tamamin~~ I miss my Girlfriends days, when I painstakingly wait monthly for every chapter with others who are suffering the way I am hahah XD.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Weeee, hiatus is always fun xD

To reply you must either login or sign up.