Forum › Posts by xxcindybeexx

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Man, I'm so curious~ What was the significance of the bracelet's design? What does it all mean????

They already explained. Jing loves pandas and Youyan gave her a panda with the dot the first time they met. It's a very personal character between the 2 of them. Almost a representation of youyan's feelings in a way.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Uh this is a dumb one. Not wanting the toxic dude to tell people he likes her so her friend doesn't find out what a douche he is is plain horrible writing. What the hell kind of friend would let someone continue to like someone this horrible. Horrible writing excuse to make secret scenes between the 2 characters to make it "hotter" and to have more artificial drama. This is the completely wrong demograph to be putting that in a story meant to be yuri.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

PROGRESSSSSSSSSS!!

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

To say nothing of his looks.
Btw I hadn't noticed before how Mitsuki got her whole fashion sense from her uncle, down to the nails painted black.

I'd say, it's the other way around - the uncle copycatting Mitsuki as her approach with black nails brought cute girls into the shop, lol. I mean, he never wore it black before this chapter.

In reality though, not gonna be surprised if this is but the author's way of "bugfixing" that nails painting are a girls' only thing, as in, hey look, actual guys of the culture do it too, so it's not like Aya fell for feminine traits of her Onii-san. Not that it addresses the elephant in the room, which is the voice of a 17-year-old. But at this point, I don't think I want to care about any of that as for me personally the momentum of the story is somehow lost.

uh well it's kinda established mitsuki is goth and goth guys paint their nails black all the time. i think it's mitsuki who picked up everything from her uncle. she seems to be really close to him and probably looks up to him a lot

also, i wanna see smashing pumpkins and alice in chains show up!

last edited at Jul 6, 2022 8:08PM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Goth girl can easily pass off as her five o’clock shadowed uncle with a black permanent marker instead of girly makeup.

I’m not up on fashion so can someone tell me: Is Gothic a subset of grunge or is grunge a subset of gothic fashion?

Without being able to see the color of her clothes, I don't think we can say she's a goth. I think rock girl fits better.

I would say she is a rocker at least but probably more of a metalhead based of off the black widow album and how heavy it is

they say at the beginning that the girl...mitsuki? the clerk, dresses all in black. so with the black nails pretty sure she likes goth

and blows my mind people are starting to not know about/haven't heard foo fighters or nirvana. they were both so huge, when i was younger you'd be weird for NOT having heard at least one of their songs lol. and this is not the first manga where highschoolers like this kind of music from america. beck was ALL about that vibe lol. if someone discovers the type of music nirvana and foo fighters fall under, there's no question they'd eventually run into those bands.

last edited at May 10, 2022 1:49AM

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/come_rain_or_shine_ch16#23 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SHE NAME DROPPED THE TITLE

Resolution came as fast as it was introduced unlike its foreshadowing.

SHE SAID THE THING!!! XD

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

that´s sperm donation thing disturbing me

Well, that's how it works. Although I would have personally not added the panel saying that they got the sperm and just gone straight to their daughter already being born.

You want the science babies tag? Cause that's how you get the science babies tag.

LMAO. and it being from her brother means technically it's sorta her dna shared with mari's lol. realistically it's closest anyone can get to for the time being.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

it would actually be more interesting if we end with shion becoming her gf and toribami staying her partner, though i fear shion sees kiki how she wants to see her, and now how she really is. a male type figure. which really isn't good for either of them because it's really not who kiki wants to be

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

well that was a fun story, I really liked it. The way it was told by looping back and forth was also really interesting to me.
I especially liked seeing how the way they showed their affection to each other and internalized it essentially flipped over the years. With Kanoko being openly in love with Shiori when they were small, growing up to find her that her love wasn't always recognised as such by society and thus shutting herself off. And Shiori who struggled giving a name to her feelings and allowing herself to be in love with Kanoko, growing up to being openly in love with Kanoko no longer caring about it anymore.
It's also kind of interesting to consider that Shiori mostly had to deal with accepting that she was in love with Kanoko, overcoming internalised homophobia while Kanoko had to overcome the stigma of being in love with another woman from outside sources. With their struggles to allow themselves to be in love with each other essentially mirroring both in time and the struggles themselves (one being internal, and the other being external)
All in all a great story that I certainly have to reread soon now that it's all here.

this is a really great take from it, and well done by the author. i really like how they did this. great story, i loved these characters :)

edit: and re-reading it i still really don't know how to interpret what happened with her scar. i think the most likelihood would be suicide by handing, but i don't really get how she'd get the wound on her shoulder from that.

last edited at Oct 30, 2021 5:57AM

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

not the best writing, but i felt entertained so job accomplished. hope to see situations that come up in future feel a little less contrived now that they are together and as the author gains more experience. and i did learn something. i did not know tangerines were an analogy for yuri lol. what a bizarre thing to be linked to lesbian stories lol though i'm sure there's sound reasoning i don't know behind it XD

last edited at Oct 28, 2021 2:23AM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Nanase is pretty unfair imo. she should not have started a relationship she knew she wouldn't have much time for, especially if she knew she wanted to keep it secret, making it even harder to spend time together as a couple. and it's not even just her level of business, but how INVOLVED she is in her sport, where she thinks of very little else, including her gf apparently. i feel very little sympathy for her. maybe we'd be more on her side if we saw them leading up to going out and what brought them together.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

teacher x teacher and not teacher x student?? hell yea sign me up lol

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

if there's lots of chapters ahead still, maybe their break up will only be temporary. like the author trying to lul us with see i knew its! would honestly make them getting back together feel special.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

lmao i know this series is being super cereal right now, but that credit pic was kinda hilarious

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

lmao she's so proud of herself for deciding that

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Vtubers are one of those things that's still a big mystery to me. I honestly feel like a complete boomer because I don't understand who they are, what they are doing, or why they suddenly became so popular.

lol same, or whatever holo...live is? and haven't really cared enough to look it up XD

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Ngl, I don't think crossdressers typically have issues getting it up with their girlfriend >_> Like... I dunno, the writing Ikeda Takashi is doing with Kita versus the crossdressing boy in Sasameki Koto is incredibly night and day. He's not afraid of drawing a guy character happily crossdressing lmao, hell that character even ended just having a fashion line for crossdressing boys lmao. Compared that to Kita, like Kita's definitely a bit more wrought with some much more clear gender feelings, they don't just wanna wear skirts, they wanna pass. A good chunk of Kita's interactions are literally 'Oh they really aren't quite like their boy peers', 'Seeing their ex as a woman isn't the issue it's...', and the last chapter really feeling like friction Kita is having with their younger sister feminine stuff their sister gets eager to do and they can't Quite do.

Like Kita could just be a crossdresser, but it really doesn't feel like that imho.

i agree i don't get the feeling that it's just crossdressing. i think the kid is cute, i don't understand how there's such mean backlash for kita. btw i just wanna say i hate wanko's name lol, it sounds like a dog.

xxcindybeexx
Hitwomen discussion 17 Sep 03:40
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

oh it's over? lol that didn't feel like an ending at all

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Too be honest my eyes started glazing over pretty early on. It was just too much at once.

so did mine lol wow.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

plot twist she's not really a robot, but an ex co worker who fell in love with her. one of the many so mc had forgotten all about her XD

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

It's almost like the author knows exactly who their audience is

lmao hahahahaha yea they definitely know lmao

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

edit: I (...don't...) recommend looking up a manga named Cocoon. It's a historically informed story about a class of schoolgirls during the Battle of Okinawa IIRC, slightly yuri and really fucking depressing.

Sounds up my alley, thanks for the (non?) recommendation

grave of the fireflies is absolutely heartbreaking and beautiful. it was such a huge thing when i was younger that i forget that not everyone knows of it now. it's like schindler's list, an absolute must see for every single person. it's important to see these movies so we don't make the same mistakes, and help us grow to be better people.

xxcindybeexx
Inversion discussion 04 Aug 16:03
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Koreans manwhas are also feel to the brim with dramas and dramas. I kinda dislike the genre for that.

Yeah, I hate how much drama korean manhwas have. Every single GL manhwa I have read is way too angsty for my liking.

I read a lot of angsty manga, but I find manhwa just never let up. They can still be enjoyable, though, but I never really seek them out. It is nice that they focus more on adult life than High Schoolers.

We gonna pretend like angst/drama isn’t in most love stories. Besides there are plenty of fluff very cosy manwhas too

There's such a thing as too much angst. All of the manhwas I've read, most of them recommended to me, have been way too angsty for my liking.

It's all about cheating, homophobia or love triangles.

i've found plenty that aren't. though yes, they all still have some kind of drama lol. i've been quite enjoying manwhas myself. maybe they are more dramatic because they are often based more around adults, and their problems are usually much more serious than amg i'm late for school!! the person i like isn't texting me back!!

this one was gorgeous btw damn!

last edited at Aug 4, 2021 4:04PM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Thank God for Japan's endless supply of just-on-queue PUA's.

lmao ikr. like is japan seriously filled with so many guys that try to pick up on high schoolers? and asking if they drank? the heck? lol

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Got people up in here talkin about failed sex ed or rapey undertones and I'm just here like-

"Lol this bitch dumb lmao"

People can be this ignorant, regardless of education. Just go to r/storiesaboutkevin. And I don't think tall girl is taking advantage of her at all, thought it was obvious they were together from that "this is fine because we've done this a lot" line, she's just furthering their relationship as far as I sees it.

lmao yea how is this rapey. is she saying no? does being ignorant mean no one is allowed to try anything sexual ever if they are of a legal age? just cause she doesn't know anything means she's automatically being taken advantage of? that's just silly. ignorant people get introduced to it somehow lol. how do you think you were born? lmao jk.