Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

who the heck decided that the 'yandere' and 'yuri' switch should be on the same circuit. it flipped so fast i had to go back and reread what happened.

hm. I kind of like oba, for as slightly crazy as she is. kind of hope she doesn't die, she's cute.

joined Jul 22, 2016

Ah, somehow... yea, everyone in this manga is becoming scary.
Eeeh, even though everyone's so cute. Yea, they're kind of scary.
This manga fills me with a sense of apprehension, but. Yup, it's great.

That kiss man. The more I read the more I'm interested when the truth unfolds

joined Feb 15, 2013

Holy heck Satou is so yandere that she eat Suu-chan yandere for breakfast. She is like the one and truly yandere queen

I means she literally just turn the slightly creepy Suu-chan into a meek lamb within 5 minutes. And now has total control over that girl.

Sweetness is violence. Sweetness is dominance!!!

last edited at Aug 22, 2016 10:59PM

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

who the heck decided that the 'yandere' and 'yuri' switch should be on the same circuit. it flipped so fast i had to go back and reread what happened.

hm. I kind of like oba, for as slightly crazy as she is. kind of hope she doesn't die, she's cute.

I suppose you meant Suu-chan, 'Oba-san' refers to her supposedly sexual abuser aunt.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I am inclined to think that she indeed disposed of her auntie...as in killing her some time after said auntie sexually abused her telling her that was love too, and that is why she's a pedo or something, but can't shake off the bitterness of those events and needs her sugar life...

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Is it just me, or is Sato quickly becoming the least psychotic person amongst the cast?

There's still her innocuous co-worker friend. The one who's going to meet up with the pedophile. Fingers crossed that she's not hiding some deep dark secret as well.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I suppose you meant Suu-chan, 'Oba-san' refers to her supposedly sexual abuser aunt.

Oh, right, Oba-san means aunt in Japanese... I was wondering why she was switching between calling Suu Suu-chan and Oba-san and that's because... she wasn't. Thanks for that little tidbit, it makes this chapter make more sense... Also makes it more interesting (and more fucked up, but I don't expect anything less from this manga).

last edited at Aug 23, 2016 12:09AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

That was amazing, Sato's charisma and manipulation skills were on fucking point. Once again, someone jumped at her, with some sort of twisted love and once again she intercepted it smoothly, tho this time, with a promise of love; exactly what she needed to say to get her to stop. She made her go all putty in her hands, and set Suu specific standards for her love: do not seek to become me. Having tasted what it was she thinks she wanted, Suu can't go back to not having that anymore, she has completely submitted to Sato. That was great, gj Sato, gj. It was interesting and exciting to see, very different from the usually violent threats/promises of ruin and destruction she dishes out, but it was low key the same thing. If you do that, I won't be able to love you. Game. Set. Match.

Hmm, I haven't given the aunt much thought, I don't really remember whenever she was mentioned, I don't think it was much, just the sweet feeling/taste of love or something lmao. Now I'm high key sure the aunt abused her, or at least majorly fucked her up in some way, and identified it as 'love'. I dunno why memories of the aunt is what surfaced during Suu's monologue. Someone was legit telling her creepass bullshit and her only thought was her aunt's words, echoing over and over again in her head.

I didn't follow the side plot of this chapter really well, mainly cus I forgot the faces of most unimportant characters, but I suppose that we might be able to see more of Sato's old address, like, what the fuck's up with the aunt. I wonder if she's dead. Doesn't seem like Sato could escape her if she's still alive tbh, the aunt's like this ominous entity in her mind. I don't think Sato would be able to rest easy, if the aunt could still come back into her life.
Man, they really won't be doing their vows for a while. Sato's gonna get consumed by her bitterness pretty soon, I wonder what that'll do to her. Ahh Shio, wtf happened to you :/ I thought for sure that Sato would see the ugly mom drawing, but I guess something else fucked up first. If it's something physical, would she even take her to the hospital? Or is it too risky?

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

WHOOPS HAHA .. yeah i did.. she just kept saying oba-san so many times my brain got confused.. definitely meant suu-chan..

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I liked the part where Suu tried to out-yandere Sato. That was cute.

joined Dec 13, 2015

So I'm guessing Sato was just quoting things her aunt used to say to her on Page 67, what with the creepy "you're perfect the way you are" and "I alone will always love you" spiel, which, yeah suggests aunt was a pedophile who majorly fucked Sato's ideation of love, hence her warped mindset right now. Not exactly out of the box, but I think it's even more frightening how Sato doesn't just live by her aunt's "ideals" now, she's actively espousing them to other people, which is even more toxic.

Seeing Sato's reaction to creepy fangirl was a real treat; it's fascinating to see how Sato subverts expectations. She almost never resorts to violence, and as we've seen from her interactions (with the manager, the teacher and now fangirl) she's not only very hard to rattle, but she can cut right through all the illusions and see what really makes people tick (it also semi explains why she might've survived/gone unnoticed for so long despite apparently having killed, or at least maimed, a bunch of people).

Really crossing my fingers and hoping innocent friend remains innocent and unhurt, she's literally the only unfucked-up person left in this entire series and is honestly a breath of fresh air in that respect. I need SOMEONE whom I'm not constantly suspicious of in this series!

Upside-down-legomd
joined Jun 13, 2015

I've been wondering, is it actually not illegal to keep a loli in your apartment if they accept it?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Skyblaze77 posted:

Really crossing my fingers and hoping innocent friend remains innocent and unhurt, she's literally the only unfucked-up person left in this entire series and is honestly a breath of fresh air in that respect. I need SOMEONE whom I'm not constantly suspicious of in this series!

Shouldn't the fact she's so innocent compared to everyone else be reason enough to make you suspicious of her?

last edited at Aug 23, 2016 5:15AM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I thought maybe people were reading into things, but I think her aunt really did give her the bad touch. Damn.

Uhg, yeah... maybe rape tag will come foward soon enough.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Im not expecting a supernatural tag since this shit is so creepy but within the realms of reality...so the "Mama" character of Shio's
U think she was sexually abused or physically abused?
Was there some past reveal between Sato and Shio about their shared horrors, thus cementing their bond? Or will we find out later...ugh, this series is disturbing, and disturbing that I have to keep reading, I need to know! Lol

Thanks for translating!

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I think it's interesting to note that Sato seems angry not at Suu, but rather at herself, for using what I guess must have been the same tactics her aunt used in order to get Suu to submit.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Skyblaze77 posted:

Shouldn't the fact she's so innocent compared to everyone else be reason enough to make you suspicious of her?

Innocent probably is not the right word, as apparently she was also crazy at boys like Satou once were. And lie to her mom to go out playing at night and such.

At least her mentality is stable through

Edit: reread chapter 1, and apparently we could see Suu as early as first few pages

last edited at Aug 23, 2016 7:01PM

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Everytime i think ' this will be the end ' another great chapter comes up!

Mai%20shiranui_dom
joined Jun 27, 2015

Awesome chapter. I love how Sato can just sweet talk her way out of dangerous situations. But I guess she got it from her screwed up possibly pedo 'aunt' and that's why she felt bitter complimenting Suu like that cause I guess the aunt used a similar tactic to give Sato a false sense of love. To be honest, I didn't expect Suu to be slightly crazy as well...but then again it's always the quiet ones you need to watch out for they say. But seriously though out of all the messed up characters in this manga that seem to revolve around Sato, I expected Suu to be one of the normal ones...oh well, maybe now we'll be seeing a little bit more of Suu and not just her in the background lol

Zen%20facce
joined Feb 3, 2013

Fuk up and interesting at the same time. Complicated and twisted feels right now

Tumblr_mw6qvr5yfa1shyngio1_500
joined Oct 25, 2013

Damn that was thrilling, i had to read a moe-up-the-butt series every chapter...
They make you attached to the two, but has the atmosphere of "oh, shio's gonna be an ntr victim any moment".

MC was pretty badass though.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Omg, I muuuust know what is the deal with her aunt who I think is obviously not alive anymore.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Awww...pretty much just a set-up chapter.

Next on Happy Sugar Life. Could Satou aunt be more fucked up than Shio-chan mom? Is Shio setting up a whole new religion for pedo? Also remember guys, Sugar life is like a box of chocolate, you don't know what kind of yandere will be introduced next

last edited at Sep 9, 2016 9:19PM

joined Nov 11, 2010

I wonder if the Aunt is the one that painted the walls in that room...

Pedo-man isn't doing as good a job at hiding his fucked-up-ness as Sato.

To reply you must either login or sign up.