Forum › Posts by Skyrin

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Reina is a drama queen but the art in this was really nice.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Woah, never saw a Project Zero doujin before. And it did not even have some weird ghost sex or something. Disappointing?

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I just love Yui and Akira scenes, be it in the actual manga or these anthologies.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

A lot of people saying the show should have had more episodes, but I've heard the show was going to be a movie, and I actually think it could have been more successful that way. I got the impression the writers kind of made up the story as they went along, and I think in the film format, the clone concept would have been easier to swallow, the ley line dilemma would have been a lot more intense, and the repetitive world building and antics at the manor would have been cut out. And of course the Fine/Izetta relationship would have to be more blatant with a shorter runtime.

Sure, that works as well. Just cut all the useless fluff that went nowhere and focus on the core concept.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I wish this show had had more episodes to work with, many of its elements felt so half baked. Completely one note antagonists were probably the worst of it, but of course more Izetta and Finé would have been nice too. As it is, the interesting starting premise was squandered somewhat. And yet they somehow managed to fit in all the pointless but apparently mandatory shower and breast measuring scenes, sigh.

Ah well, I suppose we have doujin like this to fill in some gaps!

Skyrin
NEW GAME! discussion 05 Jan 15:09
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Rifyu is hilarious

Btw I didn't know Aoba x Umiko was a thing

Everything is a thing on the internet.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

The writing on the desk reminds me of Graffiti, the latter remaining miles above this oneshot, which was a pleasant read nonetheless.

Holy god. I cannot thank you enough for redirecting me to that one-shot. Automatically goes on my favorites list. Wow. That was adorable. Thank you.

It is actually a two-shot, so hopefully you read 'No Title' from the same collection as well!

About Yuri on Ice, what we can really thank for that bit of confusion is the messy and inconsistent romanization rules that Japan cares about even less than the western world. So really the title would be more accurate as Yuuri or Yūri on Ice, but it is what it is. We should definitely get an actual yuri variant titled Yayoi on Ice though!

Skyrin
LOVE/DEATH discussion 31 Dec 17:25
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

2017 just rolled in, good way to start the year with some final dose of rabudesu. Happy new year everyone!

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

True, but thankfully the end of the anime showed what the best ship actually is.

Yeah, I want to see Natsuki & Yuuko's future council leadership.

Yes! Finally someone with some damn sense in this thread.

The yuribait in Euphonium was an ugly and divisive mistake, and it will be for the best when this particular interlude in yuri history is forgotten.

Thankfully there are plenty of other good things to remember about it.

last edited at Dec 31, 2016 10:14AM

Skyrin
Moondrops discussion 29 Dec 13:23
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

@Nez
When I watched the Flying Witch anime (raws), I had a similar reaction to Makoto, lol. And you're right. The way they did it in that scanlation was very effective!

Edit:
Since I watched the raws of the anime, I'm curious how/if it was translated by fansubs?

From DameDesuYo release:

"A plot , eh... Well, thar's a field 'round back yeh can use.
It's rotten wit weed so yeh'll hafta pull those out first, but yeh can use it.
Shed's got shovels 'n whatnot init, yeh free ta use them, too.
Also we's got compost, so help yehself."

Skyrin
Moondrops discussion 29 Dec 11:24
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Hnnnnggh indeed

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

What an overrated pairing. Not even the best in it's franchise.

True, but thankfully the end of the anime showed what the best ship actually is.

Skyrin
Love Siesta discussion 28 Dec 03:12
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

About the translation notes...

Thanks for reading this waste of time

You can't say things like that!! We are all thankful and we love you, you the best the translation was pretty good too, good work!!

As long as we agree that Granblue Fantasy itself is a waste of time... and a waste of money too sadly, seeing how much some of my friends are spending on that thing.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Still not 100% behind this ending arrangement, just as a personal preference, but this was such a refreshing series in many ways that I suppose it does not matter too much.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Probably. That however does not make Kumiko x Reina any less fanfiction. Heck, 90% of the content on this site would probably fall under "she's still a young girl", making most of the romances depicted, while all cute and fluffy in theory, most likely very transitory in reality. To clarify I am not saying that gay love itself is transitory, but high school crushes certainly are. So really whoever Reina has "true" feelings for, any interpretation is probably as equally valid as any other.

Oh yeah, totally. I'm not arguing that KumiRei is the real deal or anything like that, i actually never expected anything from them after investigating a little bit about the source material, i'm arguing that people don't treat her affection for Taki the same way they do with her affection for Kumiko. They're both in the same boat, which is the "high school crush boat." Reina could easily meet someone else in college and all this talk about being the only one for Taki would become just another stupid thing she did as a kid, but since Taki is a young adult widower, she's "deeply" in love with him and he's not just a "highschool crush" for her.

Oh my, what is this wonderful feeling? Is... is this how it feels to be in agreement with someone online? Surely it must be a Christmas miracle! ;)

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

"A phase" that has lasted for years, to be fair.

While she's still a young girl. What Taki thinks regarding Reina's feelings was the most spot on thing in that show, "It's just admiration for a teacher," which is exactly what they should say about her feelings for him. If Taki was a female teacher, people would instantly call it exactly that.

Probably. That however does not make Kumiko x Reina any less fanfiction. Heck, 90% of the content on this site would probably fall under "she's still a young girl", making most of the romances depicted, while all cute and fluffy in theory, most likely very transitory in reality. To clarify I am not saying that gay love itself is transitory, but high school crushes certainly are. So really whoever Reina has "true" feelings for, any interpretation is probably as equally valid as any other.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Hibike! Euphonium was the most blatantly queer-baiting show for two seasons, so I'm honestly a bit surprised at the people who were surprised/disappointed by it! At least they were (to my eyes) upfront about it by making it clear that Reina was deeply and passionately in love with Taki-sensei. There is a meaningful yuri narrative that could spring from this, but I didn't think this show ever demonstrated an interest in such.

You know whats funny about this whole "love" she feels for Taki? That the same thing people used to describe her relationship with Kumiko (Its just a phase and whatnot), could be said about falling in love with a teacher, but since the teacher is a guy, this one is the real deal.

"A phase" that has lasted for years, to be fair.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I did not get the feeling that the afterword was speaking of girl-girl relationships generally but rather about Kumiko and Reina specifically, and honestly seemed pretty accurate on that account.

I kinda wished KyoAni would do something right for once but I guess not...

Did they do something wrong though? Well either way, I am just happy that the second season has been very good, much better than the first one that I felt was merely okay in fact.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

just after the ship sank in the Anime Series

Hah, funniest thing I have read in a while. Disregarding the fact that Reina was pining for Taki-sensei since the beginning, surely no one realistically expected KyoAni to go full yuri now did they?

They are masters at teasing though, gotta give the that.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

More like Magical babies. And here I thought djinni only lived in boomboxes.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

#Fireworks

(#TeamHinata)

Skyrin
Opapagoto discussion 22 Dec 04:17
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

That Ayumi vision though

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

The bear story, oh wow this was good for some laughs. Power of gigolette indeed!!

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Wait, Mekimeki draws things other than NanoFate??

He did official manga before and is currently doing the Toki spinoff manga.

Haha I can see that just by clicking the name, it was a joke~

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Wait, Mekimeki draws things other than NanoFate??