Forum › Posts by Skyrin

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Every time I dare think this manga can not possibly get any more ridiculous, I am happily proven wrong.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

So when you're near me, darling can't you hear me
S. O. S.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

-Takemiya Jin
-Adult life

Thank you for these gifts, oh goddess of yuri. And you too, good folks at Divulge.

last edited at Feb 14, 2017 5:37PM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

The best couples in Love Live :D

This.

Well, other than Tubahonkers of course. I just assume the they are having their own Valentine fun somewhere off-screen.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Doing the thing certainly happened.

My general opinion of Cinderella Girls tends to veer towards dislike, but Natsuki x Riina is one of the things that always works.

Skyrin
Kase-san discussion 01 Feb 13:20
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Too shoooort... but even then, always nice to see some more Kase-san.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

The chapter kind of made my head hurt, but then I read the comments here and had a good chuckle so I suppose it is not all bad.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Ohoho, so it is this messy pair again~
And by that I obviously mean that they tend to make a mess!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Well it was fairly amusing, even with all the hentai logic. I kind of feel the picture on the credits page is better than this entire one-shot though.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

"Oh god what if Hana thinks I'm weird, this is weird isn't it, I can't let her know"
Has no one seen this excuse/line before lmao, like "whaat?? Noo, I don't like girls, I'm not weird, I'm normal! Girls can't date girls!"

Only in every other story around here!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I understand some of you might get agitated over lines like "I am normal", but in the end we are dealing with teens struggling with their sexual identities here. Kids thinking they are abnormal is in fact normal.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Cute cover.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

yoink

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Reina is a drama queen but the art in this was really nice.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Woah, never saw a Project Zero doujin before. And it did not even have some weird ghost sex or something. Disappointing?

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I just love Yui and Akira scenes, be it in the actual manga or these anthologies.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

A lot of people saying the show should have had more episodes, but I've heard the show was going to be a movie, and I actually think it could have been more successful that way. I got the impression the writers kind of made up the story as they went along, and I think in the film format, the clone concept would have been easier to swallow, the ley line dilemma would have been a lot more intense, and the repetitive world building and antics at the manor would have been cut out. And of course the Fine/Izetta relationship would have to be more blatant with a shorter runtime.

Sure, that works as well. Just cut all the useless fluff that went nowhere and focus on the core concept.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I wish this show had had more episodes to work with, many of its elements felt so half baked. Completely one note antagonists were probably the worst of it, but of course more Izetta and Finé would have been nice too. As it is, the interesting starting premise was squandered somewhat. And yet they somehow managed to fit in all the pointless but apparently mandatory shower and breast measuring scenes, sigh.

Ah well, I suppose we have doujin like this to fill in some gaps!

Skyrin
NEW GAME! discussion 05 Jan 15:09
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Rifyu is hilarious

Btw I didn't know Aoba x Umiko was a thing

Everything is a thing on the internet.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

The writing on the desk reminds me of Graffiti, the latter remaining miles above this oneshot, which was a pleasant read nonetheless.

Holy god. I cannot thank you enough for redirecting me to that one-shot. Automatically goes on my favorites list. Wow. That was adorable. Thank you.

It is actually a two-shot, so hopefully you read 'No Title' from the same collection as well!

About Yuri on Ice, what we can really thank for that bit of confusion is the messy and inconsistent romanization rules that Japan cares about even less than the western world. So really the title would be more accurate as Yuuri or Yūri on Ice, but it is what it is. We should definitely get an actual yuri variant titled Yayoi on Ice though!

Skyrin
LOVE/DEATH discussion 31 Dec 17:25
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

2017 just rolled in, good way to start the year with some final dose of rabudesu. Happy new year everyone!

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

True, but thankfully the end of the anime showed what the best ship actually is.

Yeah, I want to see Natsuki & Yuuko's future council leadership.

Yes! Finally someone with some damn sense in this thread.

The yuribait in Euphonium was an ugly and divisive mistake, and it will be for the best when this particular interlude in yuri history is forgotten.

Thankfully there are plenty of other good things to remember about it.

last edited at Dec 31, 2016 10:14AM

Skyrin
Moondrops discussion 29 Dec 13:23
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

@Nez
When I watched the Flying Witch anime (raws), I had a similar reaction to Makoto, lol. And you're right. The way they did it in that scanlation was very effective!

Edit:
Since I watched the raws of the anime, I'm curious how/if it was translated by fansubs?

From DameDesuYo release:

"A plot , eh... Well, thar's a field 'round back yeh can use.
It's rotten wit weed so yeh'll hafta pull those out first, but yeh can use it.
Shed's got shovels 'n whatnot init, yeh free ta use them, too.
Also we's got compost, so help yehself."

Skyrin
Moondrops discussion 29 Dec 11:24
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Hnnnnggh indeed

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

What an overrated pairing. Not even the best in it's franchise.

True, but thankfully the end of the anime showed what the best ship actually is.