Forum › That Onee-sama Feeling discussion

joined Aug 10, 2015

I, too, am a tea snob who will only drink loose-leaf tea and turns my nose up at tea bags. :P

Nande...but won't u accidentally eat the leaves??? It always happens for me.Like, i drink andd they just get into my mouth.
Am i doing something wrong
Private lesson needed, how to learn to love tea bags?... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I, too, am a tea snob who will only drink loose-leaf tea and turns my nose up at tea bags. :P

Nande...but won't u accidentally eat the leaves??? It always happens for me.Like, i drink andd they just get into my mouth.

Use a teapot, so leaves won't be in the cup

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And you can easily use a mesh tea ball in the pot, to make easier cleanup with no change to the taste. I'm having a lovely cup of loose-leaf lapsang right now, in fact.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Personally I prefer to make mine by the glass (around 2.5 cups). Just brew in one container and pour through a strainer into your drinking up.

My personal favorites, by type and region:

Japanese green: Gyokuro, Genmaicha, Tamaryokucha
Chinese green: Lung Jing, Foucha, Gan Lu
Chinese black: Keemun Hao-ya "A", Dian Hong (aka "Yuunan Gold"), Bai Lin Jin Zhen, Bohea, Rose Kongou (Lapsang is just fine, very interesting, but not something I'd want to have all that regularly. Same goes for Pu-erh.)
Oolong: Tie Guan Yin, Fo Shou, Mao Xie
White: Bai Mu Dan, Bai Hao Yin Zhen, Shou Mei (Note: Although Yin Zhen is the higher quality, I think I actually prefer Bai Mu Dan's earthier, more robust flavor.)

I'm actually disinclined toward Indian black tea varietals. They're fine, and FTGFOP grades are certainly impressive in their quality, but I find them less interesting than Chinese blacks. (Although having a good lower-grade Assam on hand is desirable for my hand-made Masala Chai.) I am partial towards "white Darjeeling", but it tends to be very expensive for what it is.

Let me stop here before this turns into a tea blog.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I lean towards the Indian black teas, personally. My current tea collection is:

Star of India blend (Darjeeling, Assam and Nilgiri)
Mim estate Darjeeling
Gingia estate Assam
Lapsang, for the smokiness
Genmaicha, for the nuttiness
Chinese green (not sure which) with jasmine flowers
Chai
Darjeeling with roasted almond, which for some reason makes it taste like caramel
Oolong
Milk oolong
A small assortment of herbal blends
Some bagged Orange Pekoe, for when I feel like slumming a bit.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Crawls out from under a rock

I've never in my life had loose-leaf tea. When I was growing up, we only ever had instant tea. Well at some point after I was adult, the family became "refined" and started using teabags (me too). I personally go for green tea (probably Chinese, I get it from the Asian market), followed by Orange Pekoe. Edit: Oh, and I virtually always drink it iced, not hot (heathen).

Crawls back under the rock

last edited at Jan 28, 2016 10:27PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Crawls out from under a rock

I've never in my life had loose-leaf tea. When I was growing up, we only ever had instant tea. Well at some point after I was adult, the family became "refined" and started using teabags (me too). I personally go for green tea (probably Chinese, I get it from the Asian market), followed by Orange Pekoe.

Crawls back under the rock

Instant...tea.... shudder

I grew up in the country, where tea meant a tin pot on the back of the stove, kept warm pretty much the whole day with a couple of bags of Red Rose in it. I was 19 before I discovered that tea was supposed to actually taste good.

joined Aug 10, 2015

And you can easily use a mesh tea ball in the pot, to make easier cleanup with no change to the taste. I'm having a lovely cup of loose-leaf lapsang right now, in fact.

But i'm too lazy for tea....
Why you gotta be so mean, Nez.
Can u make tea for me? Pretty pls.
≧◡≦ <--- can you say no to this Emoji?
WELL NEZ??? CAN.YOU.?

joined Aug 10, 2015

And wtf is this whole conversation about tea and the kinds of tea xD but well, tea with sugar= me likey ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Man, this could really be worked into a fun series if the author decided to. The characters and setup are great. I especially like the rich-girl twins.

(member of the tea peasants reporting in, I hated it most of my life but now I can't get enough sweet tea, and sometimes some earl grey or chai. All cheap bags, of course. I'd love to try some 'real' tea, but I'm too cheap and lazy~)

joined Jun 12, 2012

that onee-sama feel when no all-girls academy harem and cult following

why even live

Solid%20ice%20heart%203-29-15
joined Mar 30, 2015

You can try chamomile, bitfarb; it is splendidly pleasant, yet tends to be quite inexpensive.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Solid Ice posted:

You can try chamomile, bitfarb; it is splendidly pleasant, yet tends to be quite inexpensive.

Chamomile and jasmine tea are best.

joined Jul 16, 2015

I have been wondering if all girls schools were really like that (saying onee-sama, doting over the popular girl), or if it is only in manga. Does anyone know?

Logo-ubuntu_st_no%c2%ae-white-hex
joined Apr 23, 2013

Given that this very manga (among with many others since the last decade) lampoons the custom and tells the protagonist that she's read "too many manga", it's very likely that it never was a thing, except for the fantasy worlds of Marimite and its ilk.

To reply you must either login or sign up.