Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Feb 8, 2016

@kami-sama

to be fair, the expression of "that's so cool or he/she's so cool" is pretty subjective and pretty superficial. it doesn't mean that the person isn't a jerk/douche. it just means that there's something admirable in a superficial way about that person(looks and riches mainly.) it can also mean to describe the temperament of the person is calm-like. i've never really used it in a way to describe admiring popularity in a school (hs)setting what with the whole "the cool kids" idea lol i always found that absurd even when i was a teenager because of that. lol then again, i didn't grow up in such an atmosphere or culture. thank god.

also, bit too harsh on sumin XD lol and i think you've overestimated sumin. i wouldn't exactly call her a gold digger. girl is like you said, too clumsy to pull that thing out. seju was just the ultimate sneaky sugar mama and sumin was too weak. a gold digger has more assertiveness than sumin. she's too passive for that. if i put a gold digger beside sumin, i'd end up admiring that person's go get it attitude considering how wishy washy sumin can be.

for the record, i do like sumin. admittedly the least of the trio. but i don't hate her, just not blind to that jerk side of her.

last edited at Sep 20, 2017 1:55PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

So much vitrol for Sumin on here sometimes, often as much as there can be on the other threads for Seju lol

I don't think this thread has that many arguments between "blonde" and "pink" fans as someone mentioned earlier, I'd say its more "pink" and "black" fans having arguments/discussions.

last edited at Sep 20, 2017 6:08PM

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

Well, My greatest issue with Sumin is that she already had more than 31 girlfriends.. execluding her one night stands.. she is 34, if she does not know what makes a relationship survive, then at least she knows what ruins it.
YET, her character ended up at sequare one where she originally started.. makes all her great moments and growth meaningless.

As to why we we don't really attack Sungji.. well, her only few chances for growth were ruined in favor of more fluff and some awkward sex scenes.. I love nudes, but her's were just out of tune!

last edited at Sep 20, 2017 9:27PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie

Can anyone guess where Seju is right now, lolllll? Is it in Korea or foreign country?

And is it an apartment or a hotel room? lolllll

TG really know how to tease, lollllll.

It is not a hotel.. not a villa .. the numbers on the door.. and the boxes in the room .. she moved in into a new place.. apartment so to speak

joined May 18, 2017

Is the Seju story ready now?

Sigh how long will the wait be?

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

You underestimate SuminxSungji too much.

I don't think so, especially with the amount of readers in here trying to make sense why Sungji and Sumin had fallen in love with each other while you can't say those things to other manga/manhwa like Citrus, FF and Pulse.

No, if I take out Seju of the story, I would say those thing to SuminxSungji that they make sense.

You keep on comparing Seju to them so you expect them to have to be more than that.

Without Seju, do you criticize them that much? I don think so.

Because of Seju, you have high expectation of them, you want them to overshadow SuminxSeju. You want them to be more than what SejuxSumin had so that they "make sense".

SejuxSumin lack of communication and such for years, you want them to talk and such to prove you they make sense more than SejuxSumin.

You want them to have a deep connection, deep understanding and such, just like how you feel when you read SuminxSeju.

They make sense but not in the sense you want with Seju in your mind.

But well, with or without Seju, to me, SuminxSungji is still better than the Pulse's main couple, lolllllll.

And FF or Citrus, they dont have a significant third character, they focus completely on the main couple and their feelings, the story is only about their growing feelings for each other through actions and scenes

I agree with NozoEli_trash. that's how you describe someone who has been a total douche lol and I don't think receiving extravagant gifts and living in someone's house in exchange for sex can be described cool. she's more like a gold digger or a gloried hooker.

Nah, that's too harsh. If that's called douche, then most of main protagonists' love interest are douche since most of them treated the main protagonist like they're invisible at the beginning of the manga.

Most of the manga's male leads are jerks and tried to be cool in the beginning after all.

last edited at Sep 20, 2017 10:09PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

So much vitrol for Sumin on here sometimes, often as much as there can be on the other threads for Seju lol

I don't think this thread has that many arguments between "blonde" and "pink" fans as someone mentioned earlier, I'd say its more "pink" and "black" fans having arguments/discussions.

Well, Sumin had enough actions to be criticized, while Sungji hasnt. That's why most of the time, the attack is on Sumin, but dont you see, lately, the attack is mostly on Sungji? lollll

Rsz_ac
joined Jun 1, 2017

So disappointed in TG </3

Such an American ending * thumps down * I didn't to Korean Stories, just to get the same lame ass unjustified ending. At least allow the couple to address their shity problems ( trust, lack of understanding , cheating), before throwing them together in the same house.or at least a conversation about it. WTF

i didn't expect a fairytale Disney ending (<_<)

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

It is not a hotel.. not a villa .. the numbers on the door.. and the boxes in the room .. she moved in into a new place.. apartment so to speak

I also think its an apartment but the corridor really looks like a hotel's corridor so I have to ask =)))). I've never seen a building's corridor looking like that, honestly. Or maybe it's because I'm not classy enough to see such a extravagant corridor =)))))

I also see the boxes xDDDDD, at first I think she is moving in but it can be someone is moving out (the new girl) xDDDDDDD.

And I'm curious about where Seju is though, is that in Korea or a foreign country?

joined Sep 20, 2017

It's only fair and logistic that if the author has chosen SuminxSungji as endgame then Seju would get her own side story.

No matter how much haters she has gotten, objective readers cant deny that her character deserves more than that and it would be a shame to see a sad and lonely Seju even when wdtfs has ended. She deserves a story on her own.

My question is how could you build a story about her without ruining the image readers have about her? An image that I think most of Seju fans dont want to be ruined.

Drama, there would be alot of dramas even without a proper third character's appearance (Sumin) but what kind of path the author will develop for this side story? Since wdtfs is already a cliche story, I can only think of this

• Build her an ambiguous relationship with another girl, no proper title for their relationship, using each other to satisfy each other like Seju used to do that with Sumin. And then one girl fall in love in that relationship (pretty sure the new girl will be that one) and drama begins

• Right from the start, one girl already falls in love with Seju but Seju doesnt(?). She doesnt want anything to do with love or anyone. And the girl would have to work hard to earn Seju's love. With this scenario, Sumin's appearance later of the side story will get us some more dramas.

Any other suggestions for which path could Seju's story be? And out of the two possibilities, which one do you think is better?

But seriously, in whatever cases, the new girl would always be the one who fall hard in love with Seju first, I would be very very surprised if Seju could love a new girl so easily.

joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie

Ah.. she seems to be living in a very luxurious apartment complex.. with security and all
(Did you watch that show: get jet or jet set.. something like that.. where they show some really expensive condos, private jets and the likes.. hahahha it was a good show )

arron

In fact, yoonie and I were discussing this when the chapter first came out.. in any case, we agreed that Seju's character can not just fall in love simply because she is not dating anyone atm .. BUT loving her and seeing her for what she is will be the key to her heart. I also believed that Sumin fell for Seju first not the opposite.. the reason behind my belief is how Seju talked about her relationship with Sumin to Nammi in ch47: "that girl loved me..etc"
Seju knows her physical appeal very much.. she is aware of that.. and doesn't need anyone to make her feel beautiful (otherwise girl hitting on Seju will be Nammi 2.0) .. what she needs is someone to care really care about her and love her for what she is.
So in general, I agree with your second scenario and last point you mentioned.
I hope TG won't mess up this time with Seju's character.. (I am suffering from trust issues in TG now) xD

last edited at Sep 22, 2017 1:41PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I wonder what kind of car Seju would drive next? XDDDDD

She has driven most of best sport cars in the world =)))))))

joined Feb 4, 2017

A Maserati, of course XD

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

What should I do? I haven't really started anything yet and I'm already crying T.T

But anyway, can you lend me some help? My concept is some cliche "shy/energetic puppy meets the ice cold little princess". I still can't choose what would fit Sumin's personality since around their teenage years, she tends to be shy or anxious around Seju? I can't remember but I don't wanna go back reading it again. It's painful. Haha

But really. Thinking that they didn't end up together still saddens me. Lol

joined Jun 23, 2017

Cute drawing, LustGreed. :D

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Cute drawing, LustGreed. :D

Thanks. Still in the process of outlining xD I really can't decide about Sumin. After doing their cute doodles I'm going to jump on the lewd one. Ahaha

last edited at Sep 23, 2017 3:06PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

LustGreed

I still can't choose what would fit Sumin's personality since around their teenage years, she tends to be shy or anxious around Seju?

I believe Sumin was like this. She felt inferior to Seju, but "loved her with all her heart," according to Team Gaji in the extra episode.

In the cotton candy scene, their relationship was in the "crush" phase it seemed. Sumin was blushing.

last edited at Sep 23, 2017 4:10PM

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

LustGreed

I still can't choose what would fit Sumin's personality since around their teenage years, she tends to be shy or anxious around Seju?

I believe Sumin was like this. She felt inferior to Seju, but "loved her with all her heart," according to Team Gaji in the extra episode.

In the cotton candy scene, their relationship was in the "crush" phase it seemed. Sumin was blushing.

Thanks. I'll work on it later. I'm gonna sleep first since it's already past 3am here xD

joined Jun 23, 2017

Thanks. I'll work on it later. I'm gonna sleep first since it's already past 3am here xD

Haha good luck!

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

LustGreed

Wow, that's cute =))))))))

From what I gathered about Sumin back then, she probably was shy, awkward around Seju at first, while Seju was cold and distance xDDD

Wow, talking about them like this makes me feel a little bit sad xDDDDD. I think their love in the past could be really cute to draw it out. It would give you different feelings than SuminxSungji xDDDDDD. SuminxSungji move too fast with their relationship and they already dated and have sex pretty fast

I think SuminxSeju took longer, about 3 to 4 years to be able to know their feelings and actually date each other. Their relationship was slow and pure, just like how we imagine our first love.

And yes, the cotton candy scene I believe they havent dated each other yet, just be friends who were shy about their feelings towards each other, still a crush.

Such a shame, this love gives me lot more feelings than SuminxSungji. Such a shame that Sumin has moved on and we will soon see Seju moving on, too xDDDDDDD

SejuxSumin, what a painful love, for them and for their readers xDDDDDD

last edited at Sep 23, 2017 10:31PM

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

LustGreed

Wow, that's cute =))))))))

From what I gathered about Sumin back then, she probably was shy, awkward around Seju at first, while Seju was cold and distance xDDD

Thank you. Yes. Actually that was what I'm thinking and I already outlined the shy Sumin before going to bed. XD
https://s25.postimg.org/mosb4ka0v/IMG_20170924_012725.jpg

Such a shame, this love gives me lot more feelings than SuminxSungji. Such a shame that Sumin has moved on and we will soon see Seju moving on, too xDDDDDDD

SuminxSeju will always have a special place in me eventho they didn't end up together. They have given me so much feelings--complex feelings which feels more real compared to the other pair.

SejuxSumin, what a painful love, for them and for their readers xDDDDDD

Before actually drawing them, I'm thinking why do I have to do it, like it doesn't have any meaning anyway. And it might also be rude to the original creators coz I can't accept their ending. It's giving me this sour and bitter feelings. But at end, thinking how beautiful they were (and distaste of what have became) gives me motivation. Like "fuck it, I'm gonna do what I fucking want coz that's what I want." I won't regret coz I really love both of them together.

Lol I hope I'm not getting weird here. XD

joined Jun 23, 2017

I'm not sure if Seju was ever cold or distant towards Sumin... If the cotton candy scene was an indication, then she seemed to have adored Sumin as well.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I'm not sure if Seju was ever cold or distant towards Sumin... If the cotton candy scene was an indication, then she seemed to have adored Sumin as well.

Nah, I'm talk about when they first met. If we're about to draw them from the beginning then their first meeting would be Seju is cold and distance (or maybe, not actually cold, but not good at dealing with people, a pretty kid but lonely, keep to herself alot) while Sumin is shy and awkward but friendly and smile a lot. They're the opposite of each other when they met

The cotton candy scene, I think they've known each other for years already.

From their conversation they've probably known each other since junior high, officially dated in high school, had the first sex in college.

Basically they're turtle comparing to SuminxSungji.

last edited at Sep 24, 2017 12:10AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

yoonie0104

(or maybe, not actually cold, but not good at dealing with people, a pretty kid but lonely, keep to herself alot)

Yeah, that would make sense.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Before actually drawing them, I'm thinking why do I have to do it, like it doesn't have any meaning anyway. And it might also be rude to the original creators coz I can't accept their ending. It's giving me this sour and bitter feelings. But at end, thinking how beautiful they were (and distaste of what have became) gives me motivation. Like "fuck it, I'm gonna do what I fucking want coz that's what I want." I won't regret coz I really love both of them together.

Lol I hope I'm not getting weird here. XD

Nah, you're not weird.

There are reasons why people love SuminxSungji but there are also reasons why people love SuminxSeju xDDDDDD. And you're just unluckily in the group of loving something not perfectly end well xDDDDDD

When one story with another great love story existing, we cant help but feeling frustrated and thinking "it could've been better" in our line of thought of what is better. Even though, the judgement of which is better, is pretty subjective xDDDDD.

To reply you must either login or sign up.