Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

The problem is that they had never had a real conversation.

I agree with this.

Yes, I agree with this too.

joined May 5, 2016

The problem is that they had never had a real conversation.

I agree with this.

Yes, I agree with this too.

Make it three. But in all honesty, I don't think they would have one anytime soon =))))). Even if Seju's last request is not about sex =)))

joined May 5, 2016

So Sumin wasn’t just being selfish whenever she returned to Seju.
In fact it was the exact opposite. She discarded her chances of being happy with someone else for Sejus sake – because she was too afraid of what Seju would do if she wouldn’t return to her.

Sumin is selfless? Wow, this is the first I saw someone compliment Sumin XD. Everyone has their own pov of everything but you pov is pretty special =))). And I'm sorry, I strongly disagree with your pov =))))). A person who has alot of hatred towards Seju like Sumin would ever worry for her more than herself? Nope, that's not it. Sumin came back because of her selfish self first, everything else was second :). she has never taken much time to think about Seju's feelings before saying or doing anything and you say she did these things selflessly for 10 years for Seju? If she's that noble :))))), she wouldn't abandon Seju right at this goddamn moment =))))), what is the thing that makes the selfless Sumin think it's ok now to get rid of Seju and she wouldn't do anything stupid?What is the different between the Seju now and the Seju past 10 years? Absolutely nothing. If saying in your logic, Sumin has to stay with Seju till deaths do them apart , tbh =))))). Because Seju's life will be forever bad like that. Sumin's actions for the past 10 years would never ever be called selflessness

last edited at May 27, 2016 10:04AM

Random_Retard
57632_1204756302834_full
joined May 27, 2016

Not completely selfless either, of course.
But I think that if Sumin really were that selfish as you claim she would’ve moved on a long time ago, never looking back.
Simply because it would be a lot easier than this mess she’s in now.
Of course she created it herself (together with Seju) but she never once seemed to be happy about the situation. That’s also why she’s treating Seju so bad. Making it even messier in the course of it. So you can’t say that she just did it for herself because it never really helped her a lot.
Seju just needed Sumin to be there - that was enough for her. She even asked for Sumins hatred and was ready to take it all, I think that's part of why Sumin treats her like that. She never needed to be nice and it was just easier that way. Being there but not resolving anything... Not really confronting each other and each others feelings....
It doesn't help either of them. But Sumin is just so caught up in this messy situation that she feels so frustrated and continues to act like that. She's clearly not good at dealing with her own feelings as well.

Seju decided for herself that Sumin is the only one for her.
But Sumin never did that.
She tried to find love elsewhere.
And I think she could if it weren’t for Seju and Sumins feelings for Seju that are still holding her back…

But don't get me wrong, I like all of the characters, really.

@ MacySan

Yeah, I think Sumin never stopped loving Seju and that’s the reason she can’t stop worrying.
Not because she feels obliged to do that.
Because if that were the case than she would be long gone.
It’s just that there were times that she was so angry and hurt that Sumin herself didn’t realise it. But those feelings never disappeared completely. Neither the anger, nor the love or the hurt.
She tried it at the beginning – tried to let go - but was dragged back into it, leading to her never being able to really distance herself and making a fresh start wholeheartedly.

Because that is what’s needed when you end a relationship.
Time to process your feelings. Time to find out what you really want and what you need. Time to fall out of love when the end came too abruptly. Or simply time to be able to forgive and move on again. But that was taken from her – thanks to the mole guy.

After that time out maybe she would have given Seju another chance, yes. Maybe not. But she definitely wanted to find happiness again. And now we’ll never know the answer to that question because by now they both just seem too messed up to ever be completely happy again.

last edited at May 27, 2016 10:25AM

joined Feb 4, 2016

Oliver & sia ue
Hey, entertaining myself is my coping mechanism to soothe my poor soul for being played by Team Gaji, don't judge! Haha.

Sumin's choice and the way she does things on the latest chapter is not the most favorable, but I think it's the most realistic at the moment: to cut any ties with Seju. I would say one step forward for Sumin, and two steps backward for Seju.

Yes, Sumin is egoistic. And yes, Sumin take Seju for granted. But she wants to move on, and I could not blame her for it. A person like Seju is an extreme, there is no in between. If you want to have a healthy dynamic with a person like that, it's either you take them fully or break anything with them for good.

I've been complaining about Sumin's actions so many times before, and even going as far as slapping her on my phone screen when she's being a douche with SejuxNami fiasco. But even then, I could understand her decision to wanting to cut ties with Seju and move on and find happiness, clean slate.

The only thing I regret is the timing and her apparent selfishness. She does this when she has Sungji and she knows Seju's father is dying. She cares more about herself and put more weight on how she wants to move on rather than the well-being of someone she loves, aka Seju. But the most annoying thing is I could not really blame her for wanting to move on.

Aghhh, why the timing has to be now of all times Sumin, why, why ? Sumin never fails to frustrate me.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

@ Random_Retard

I think you believe that when someone is in love, their actions must be selfless. Someone can be in love, and do things out of love for themselves. Even if that benefits the other person too.
And to be honest, if Sumin was selfless, she would think of Seju first, and not her need to go back to her. So she would think that doing it this way to Seju was harming her. She did worry about her, but not more than she was for herself, so she couldn't think clearly and realise what her actions were doing to Seju.

I'd say she is more selfless with Sungji. But this is also because she knows Sungji is good for her.
But I guess it's a mater of how someone sees it too, so there is no absolute proof of either.

As chapters go by, I start to think that Sumin won't have a fully happy ending, even if she stays with Sungji. Unless they completely sacrifice Seju to make the main couple look better, so Sumin won't need any redemption.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I would repeat again (this is my last time, I promise), to readers, there may be worse and better timings for Sumin to tell Seju that she wants to leave her, but to Seju, there is no "the right time that she would agree with Sumin leaving her". I agree that Sumin didn't pay attention to this timing thing, but even if she did, it would be just a delay, and everything happened in this chapter, Seju got hurt, will happen in the next chapters. No one in the world could think of how to not hurt Seju if they were Sumin.

last edited at May 27, 2016 10:52AM

Random_Retard
57632_1204756302834_full
joined May 27, 2016

Oh, I’m not saying that Sumin is a selfless person.
All I meant to say is that the coming back thing during those past 10 years was more for Seju that it was for herself.
Except for the first time probably- because Sumin seemed to be drunk back then.

And for me it makes sense.
Because even if you have someone else you like could you really feel happy knowing that this girl who only has you and only ever loved you could commit suicide any moment?
I probably would go back to her as well.
And I probably would be angry as well at the same time – just because this whole situation is so f***ed up!

last edited at May 27, 2016 11:07AM

joined May 5, 2016

I would repeat again (this is my last time, I promise), to readers, there may be worse and better timings for Sumin to tell Seju that she wants to leave her, but to Seju, there is no "the right time that she would agree with Sumin leaving her". I agree that Sumin didn't pay attention to this timing thing, but even if she did, it would be just a delay, and everything happened in this chapter, Seju got hurt, will happen in the next chapters. No one in the world could think of how to not hurt Seju if they were Sumin.

I honestly ignored it but since you keep repeating it, I couldn't ignore it anymore XD. Yes, there is no right time at all for Seju, she will absolutely get hurt, sooner or later. But what about Sumin? If Sumin at least think of Seju's situation or wtv or goddamn anything, she won't do it now, there will be a delay or wtv. I emphasize this though, I'm not talking about Seju here, and I'm talking about Sumin and her thoughtless way of dealing things. This is what I view Sumin, not Seju. Seju's already a fvcked up character who has wtv coming to her life is also either sadness or hurt anyway

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

tbh, I really highly extremely doubt that you guys who said that "this is the worst timing" wouldn't say this exact same words had Sumin chose another timing. Ok, I will drop this thing now.

joined Feb 4, 2016

Did not realize you mention the timing thing before, haven't really backtrack comments :)

It's an acceptable opinion that there would be no better timing. The only right timing is 10 years ago, and other than that it's just worse vs worse.

And unrelated, but I've been wondering, have any of you guys find this story "healing" so far ? Lol. Because as time goes on, it deviates more from it. Might be very interesting to ask Team Gaji what's his definition on "healing" is, if only the Q&A is still in.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I agree that there would be no right time for Sumin to say that to Seju too. So I don't blame her for doing it tbh. I believe it's the right thing to do, since she is dating Sungji. And the timing is bad, but she knows that if she keeps on seeing Seju she might end up hurting Sungji. Seju should learn how to cope without Sumin too.
I didn't expect for Sumin to be so considerate about it anyway.

Also yes, I don't see wdtfs as a healing story so far. It doesn't matter what they said, maybe things changed during the process, or maybe we will only see a healing in the very end.

last edited at May 27, 2016 11:42AM

joined May 5, 2016

tbh, I really highly extremely doubt that you guys who said that "this is the worst timing" wouldn't say this exact same words had Sumin chose another timing. Ok, I will drop this thing now.

Like I said, I don't resent Sumin much before I read translations, because to me it has to be done, but I also think it's sooner than I thought. I hope you get what I mean :). This chap combines alot of things which make me resent Sumin, not just timing. I don't hate Sumin to the point I hate everything she did without thinking :)))))), so I also doubt that I would dislike Sumin if she has done the deed in better words or at least better way =))))))). But yeah, let's drop this.

Lol
joined Apr 12, 2016

I feel like my ships sinking :((

The story heads towards a dark direction for seju.

Maybe when she tries to end her life and it would fail, there would be a chance that sumins coming back to her.

(But even so...Should someone really be with another bc otherwise they would end their life?) maaaan...i need a smoke-.-

joined Dec 9, 2014

There is a poll on Lezhin Facebook to vote for their best yuri couple, and I found it interesting how they only have Sumin x Sungji as the main from wdtfs. Pretty much gives an idea who they're trying to sell as main characters

Source:
https://www.facebook.com/lzhncomics/photos/a.807299169402509.1073741828.775663669232726/892933717505720/?type=3&theater

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

"My Joy" too, there is other potential pairing. I think Lezhin doesn't have any idea about the pairings.

12832548_732179150258573_3468752615206849752_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

I honestly ignored it but since you keep repeating it, I couldn't ignore it anymore XD. Yes, there is no right time at all for Seju, she will absolutely get hurt, sooner or later. But what about Sumin? If Sumin at least think of Seju's situation or wtv or goddamn anything, she won't do it now, there will be a delay or wtv. I emphasize this though, I'm not talking about Seju here, and I'm talking about Sumin and her thoughtless way of dealing things. This is what I view Sumin, not Seju. Seju's already a fvcked up character who has wtv coming to her life is also either sadness or hurt anyway

Seju is a person who decided be dependent of Sumin, so that, Sumin would not have the correct opportunity for leaving her. Maybe the conversation could be better, but definitely, Sumin tried to be honest. For that reason, she decided to confess her love for Sungji and also for Seju.

When Seju told her that she could come back when she wants Immediately, Sumin stopped that hope, because she knows 10 years were enough for both, specially for Seju because is she who always welcomes with open arms.

Both need a change, now Sumin has to Sungji in her life... it is time that Seju may allow someone know who really is

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

it is time that Seju may allow someone know who really is

Suddenly, Nami appeared in my mind, and I felt very disappointed. XD

12832548_732179150258573_3468752615206849752_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

In my opinon I do not like Nami with Seju, I enjoy each one, but together...Nahh, they do not be a good couple.

I feel that Seju needs someone funny and also noble. And if we see her stereotypes, she prefers somebody tottaly averse to Nami.

But we never know...Team Gaji always give us surprises.

Something that I really know is that Nami could be happy if Seju put her attention. Seju is like her crush

last edited at May 27, 2016 7:19PM

joined May 5, 2016

There is a poll on Lezhin Facebook to vote for their best yuri couple, and I found it interesting how they only have Sumin x Sungji as the main from wdtfs. Pretty much gives an idea who they're trying to sell as main characters

Source:
https://www.facebook.com/lzhncomics/photos/a.807299169402509.1073741828.775663669232726/892933717505720/?type=3&theater

I don't think TeamGaji has told Lezhin all her story already :). Lezhin just went for the most obvious couple :). Tbh, I think Lezhin facebook admin is just like us, read one chap at a time =)))))))))

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

looks like shit hit the fan...

joined May 5, 2016

Seju is a person who decided be dependent of Sumin, so that, Sumin would not have the correct opportunity for leaving her. Maybe the conversation could be better, but definitely, Sumin tried to be honest. For that reason, she decided to confess her love for Sungji and also for Seju.

When Seju told her that she could come back when she wants Immediately, Sumin stopped that hope, because she knows 10 years were enough for both, specially for Seju because is she who always welcomes with open arms.

Both need a change, now Sumin has to Sungji in her life... it is time that Seju may allow someone know who really is

I want Seju to be all alone without any connections with Sumin first, sth else later. She has been too dependant on Sumin, and honestly, I don't like that fact. But I wish the conversation hasn't made to sound pretty selfish on Sumin's part :) (she wants to find love for herself, etc), that would've been nice.
Also, I hope it will be a quiet farewell, not a messy cheating. I'm praying so hard next chap will not be sex :). Cheating is the worst thing happened for a relationship. I know that with this story, somewhere in the future, it's totally possible that Sungji might get hurt, but hurt by cheating is just too cruel. This story is already too cruel for Seju already, hope there will be no other victim :). Plus, if Sungji could easily forgive Sumin for this, I'll seriously go "Are you even a human?" to Sungji, cheating is definitely not some kind of silly argument, you'll probably completely lose your trust for your partner which is never easy to build back.

last edited at May 27, 2016 11:33PM

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Well, finally got around to reading the latest chapter. I hope to hell Sumin pushes Seju away and doesn't give into her whims and have sex with her.. I like Seju but she's so incredibly single-minded and selfish when it comes to Sumin, I hope Sumin realizes doing something with Seju now would just damage her relationship with Sungji (guilt, finding out, etc) and then she'd be back at square one and unhappy.

There was never any doubt in my mind Sumin had lingering feelings for Seju, but their relationship was so unhealthy that I really can't imagine any possible way for them to fix it.. I want Seju to be happy as well, and the only way that will happen is if she's able to move on like Sumin is trying to.

joined Dec 9, 2014

In my opinon I do not like Nami with Seju, I enjoy each one, but together...Nahh, they do not be a good couple.

Me neither. After last chapter emotions I got confused for a while and I was just about to say that even Nami would be nice for Seju at this point, but soon I went back xD
Seju has already enough shit going on, is Nami really the only option for her? Just because she is the fourth main girl on the manhwa and she's had some interaction with Seju?
Other than that, Seju seems like she's not even attracted to her.

The best possible scenario for Seju would be that she takes some time to herself and heal without any partner. Then after, let's say five years, she meets someone new. And then Sumin learns about it and realises how that love she wanted to have was always in front of her, but it is too late now.

last edited at May 28, 2016 7:47AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Me neither. After last chapter emotions I got confused for a while and I was just about to say that even Nami would be nice for Seju at this point, but soon I went back xD

You should have stayed there a bit longer and tried to reminisce the good things about Nami. XD

Seju has already enough shit going on, is Nami really the only option for her?

Yes, only one option and also is the last shit. XD

Just because she is the fourth main girl on the manhwa and she's had some interaction with Seju?

Yes. XD

Other than that, Seju seems like she's not even attracted to her.

Not in a million years. But all it needs is one incredible plot twist. XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.