Forum › selector infected WIXOSS - Re/verse discussion

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

Ah, so this is the manga they kept refrencing during the anime....I wasn't sure if the manga was real or not. Thank you for uploading!

last edited at Feb 5, 2015 11:20PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Wait, why is WIXOSS being cute and funny instead of bleak and depressing? And I'm pretty certain you shouldn't be able to give someone a LRIG

That said, I like what I see. I'm just going to be thinking of it as a fanwork

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

WIXOSS = wish across. My mind is blown.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I felt the same way when I found out that LRIG is just girl backwards. Or that Mayu=Ta ma + Yu ki. I really don't know if their naming is awesome or just lazy.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Wait, why is WIXOSS being cute and funny instead of bleak and depressing? And I'm pretty certain you shouldn't be able to give someone a LRIG

In spoiler in case anyone hasn't finished it i dunno about it being bleak and depressing...that ending was amazing beyond any belief

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I felt the same way when I found out that LRIG is just girl backwards. Or that Mayu=Ta ma + Yu ki. I really don't know if their naming is awesome or just lazy.

On purpose. Because, ya know, LRIGs are the girls who had their wishes reversed on them, and then have to usually have to impose this cruel new life on a new friend against their own will

There was a metric shit ton of symbolism in that show.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

In spoiler in case anyone hasn't finished it i dunno about it being bleak and depressing...that ending was amazing beyond any belief

The ending was hopeful but not exactly the happiest I've ever seen. And getting there was...

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

On purpose. Because, ya know, LRIGs are the girls who had their wishes reversed on them, and then have to usually have to impose this cruel new life on a new friend against their own will

There was a metric shit ton of symbolism in that show.

Oh. Yeah, that's genuinely smart, actually.

Azumaya%20koyuki
joined Oct 2, 2014

I actually watched the entire WIXOSS anime and was expecting more card games. By the end of the anime, I still don't know how to play this card game. And does anyone consider card game-centric animes (and what is the plural for anime? animes is underlined in red) to be a sports anime?

I just wish more girls would play card games in real life. Wonder what would happen if that wish came true.

last edited at Feb 4, 2015 11:14PM

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

The ending was hopeful but not exactly the happiest I've ever seen. And getting there was...

Not the happiest? I mean not the HAPPIEST but that was a damn happy ending. Mayu finally reached peace. All the girls get their lives back. Tama became a girl, and has an implied future meeting with Ruko. Yuki also became a girl, will probably seek out and find Ruko and co. Yuzuki finally gets her ultimate wish granted. Hitoe has friends. Akira can finally be happy with Iona. Eldora finds Chiyori. Hanayo will probably reconnect with Yuzuki. Midoriko finds Hitoe. The other LRIGs live normal lives.

Honestly I was impressed. Most Japanese media falls under the chains of Eastern tradition to not be able to end their stories well (usually they just sorta stop rather clumsily). This had an awesome ending, and I was beyond thoroughly ecstatic with this one.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Not the happiest? I mean not the HAPPIEST but that was a damn happy ending. Mayu finally reached peace. All the girls get their lives back. Tama became a girl, and has an implied future meeting with Ruko. Yuki also became a girl, will probably seek out and find Ruko and co. Yuzuki finally gets her ultimate wish granted. Hitoe has friends. Akira can finally be happy with Iona. Eldora finds Chiyori. Hanayo will probably reconnect with Yuzuki. Midoriko finds Hitoe. The other LRIGs live normal lives.

Honestly I was impressed. Most Japanese media falls under the chains of Eastern tradition to not be able to end their stories well (usually they just sorta stop rather clumsily). This had an awesome ending, and I was beyond thoroughly ecstatic with this one.

I think Yuki and Tama fused or something, with Tama suddenly having grey hair and everything. And I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks Iona and Akira are living the yuri life with each other right now,

last edited at Feb 5, 2015 6:09AM

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I think Yuki and Tama fused or something, with Tama suddenly having grey hair and everything. And I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks Iona and Akira are living the yuri life with each other right now,

AH! That would make sense with them fusing. I wonder how that dynamic would work considering that even though their hearts were aligned in much the same way by the end of it, still different people. I think we'll get more insight into the Iona-Akira romantic dynamic in the spinoffs considering we've already gotten a solid look at Piriluk (Akira's LRIG)...turns out her WIXOSS life kinda fucking sucked.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

AH! That would make sense with them fusing. I wonder how that dynamic would work considering that even though their hearts were aligned in much the same way by the end of it, still different people. I think we'll get more insight into the Iona-Akira romantic dynamic in the spinoffs considering we've already gotten a solid look at Piriluk (Akira's LRIG)...turns out her WIXOSS life kinda fucking sucked.

Well, I hope there is as much Yuki in there as possible, I liked her more both in design and personality so I hope at least the personality carries through.
I didn't even know that there was going to be a spinoff or do you mean those 5 minute specials? Either way, I'm looking forward to it. :>

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

This forum has enlightened me on this anime so much....I can't beleive I missed so much of this during the anime. On the last episode, I kept catching myself going "Who is that?" cause I couldn't recognize them as normal girls, not LRIGs

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

This forum has enlightened me on this anime so much....I can't beleive I missed so much of this during the anime. On the last episode, I kept catching myself going "Who is that?" cause I couldn't recognize them as normal girls, not LRIGs

The last episode was really great. I'm glad they decided to show pretty much everyone.

Here are some of the ones that some people might have missed:
http://nykonyx.tumblr.com/post/107967530349/before-and-after

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Getting back to the manga, for those of us who have no fucking clue what's going on it feels pretty disjoint, or even incomplete. The scenes don't really transition well, so there are places where it feels like there's missing pages. Strange cuts, all around.

Or maybe the intended audience is really people who already know what's going on because they watched the animation?

last edited at Feb 9, 2015 12:07AM

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

By the way, is wixoss series worth watching, as in, is it any Yuri? and should I first watch it before proceeding with manga to have better clue about the story?

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

By the way, is wixoss series worth watching, as in, is it any Yuri? and should I first watch it before proceeding with manga to have better clue about the story?

There's both tons of strong subtext as well as an actual yuri pairing in the second season. And, yeah, you should probably watch the series first.

last edited at Feb 22, 2015 11:05AM

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

The author of this just contacted us on twitter, asking for his work to be removed. The first chapter has been removed and any further chapters will no longer be uploaded. If the situation ever changes I'll let you know.

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 8:52AM

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

The author of this just contacted us on twitter, asking for his work to be removed. The first chapter has been removed and any further chapters will no longer be uploaded. If the situation ever changes I'll let you know.

Aw man, really? was only the first chapter translated and uploaded here? and by author you meant LRIG or Okada Mari?

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 10:14AM

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

Thằng nào mách tác giả để họ gỡ truyện xuống đấy :v

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

awww no, i wanted to read it

To reply you must either login or sign up.