joined Jun 17, 2014

XD Lol

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Gao Gao

Gao Gao? explain please...

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/yuri_kuma_arashi

Ah! of course it would be about that, I need to watch it, when it will be? I don't have any idea....

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

finished watching the last episode of it ,it was great

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

finished watching the last episode of it ,it was great

It ended with yuri right?

joined Jun 17, 2014

Yes it did XD

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Yes it did XD

Great, I was wondering if the yuri was a lie...

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

anyone ever watched shin sekai yori

Oh yeah, started watching it having no idea it actually had yuri so i was not disappointed in finding out it was only for 2 episodes or something xP but i was more surprised in seeing that my favorite director made episode 5 and 10, he should've appeared more...

As for Naruto... Well, it's kind of a dumb anime/manga but you can get enjoyment out of it if you shut your brain a little, it has pacing problems though and the production value of the animation goes to almost complete shit when Shippuden starts what the hell happened to the awesome soundtrack? so if ya gonna tackle that colossus then watch the first anime with a filler guide in hands and read the manga when it reaches shippuden

Yu-Gi-Oh

Arc-V kind of trigger my PTSD with the attraction duel, these animes always tried to find the perfect excuse to deus ex machina the crap out of it and now they have the perfect excuse where they can literally pull any card out of nowhere at any situation to save them, so yeah i don't like those duels at all, but i really liked the characters it also helps that Yuya sounds extremely similar to the Zeta Gundam MC, love his voice and the idea of having all cards types in the mix... When they're not attracting dueling that is
As for DM... I'm completely unbiased torwards evul Marik, he's one of my favorites villains ever, which makes a good contrast with Bakura, one of the worst villains i've ever witnessed in any form of fiction
Didn't even try 5D's season 3 after i saw Kallen Stadtfeld in a cheerleading attire and that Crow would become even more of a main character, hated that guy

Gao Gao

GA GA GA
GAGAGA
GAOGAIGAR!!!

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 6:03AM

joined Jun 17, 2014

If anybody needs a laugh here....https://youtu.be/35hNcorE00k and this https://youtu.be/dwij7xkzRdU just warning you, you may die when you are killed...and Im dead

Random youtube comment:(this comment i love)
After watching this I suddenly felt smarter because somewhere in Japan; there are school girls flailing like headless chickens in a Filipino market.

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 7:44AM

joined Jun 17, 2014

why did the ange cross the road..... to destroy our hopes of ever getting a decent yuri

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 8:32AM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Didn't get to watch it for the yuri cause i realized pretty early on that the yuri was just a bait to get the horny male mind that seems to be dominating over Japan the past years

Really? Which of the yuri was just bait? Hilda? Gay till the end. Rosalie and Chris? End up as a happy yuri couple. Ange? Was never gay to begin with, she has been potrayed as hetero from the very first episode.

But i guess lesbian relationships with onscreen sex are just bait now.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Well, they pretty much advertised Cross Ange as yuri anime, then introduced a male MC in the intro and made it a het romance with lesbian side couples. That's baiting.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Well, they pretty much advertised Cross Ange as yuri anime, then introduced a male MC in the intro and made it a het romance with lesbian side couples. That's baiting.

Can you please show me the advertisement? I can not remember a single one which showed any yuri. People simply assumed it would be an all girl show with yuri subtext (while in fact we got a lot more then just subtext ,) )

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Unfortunately I need to agree with Fipse, it was never really advertised as yuri, what they did was bait perverted fans with shallow yuri until Tusk appeared, we true yuri fans just noticed that when it was too late, at least it had some real lesbians and a couple in the end, but most girl are not real lesbians since they didn't ever knew man existed for growing up on the island.

Is it worth watching Fipse?

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 11:06AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

what they did was bait fans with shallow yuri until Tusk appeared

Same thing I said, just worse.
Even if it was advertised as show with subtext - or even without any subtext - there was obviously a reason they didn't show the male MC in any of the ads. Don't underestimate advertisement campaigns.

joined Oct 12, 2013

The only really bait-y part I found was the Sala montage. Up until that point the only person really in the running for the Ange-bowl was Tusk, and then it seemed like there was another serious contender.

But obviously that wasn't going to happen, so I dropped it immediately after that episode. I would have happily watched the rest of the show and not cared about the het, but that felt so calculated to mislead people. Still a little bothered that Hilda ended up falling for her as well, but eh, that's a rant for a different topic.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

what they did was bait fans with shallow yuri until Tusk appeared

Same thing I said, just worse.
Even if it was advertised as show with subtext - or even without any subtext - there was obviously a reason they didn't show the male MC in any of the ads. Don't underestimate advertisement campaigns.

It's annoying because they didn't really advertised as yuri, but they definitely where expecting to attract yuri fans, I wonder if it was worth, since when Tusk appeared they should have lost a certain ammount of viewers, and a lot of people became alienated and will never watch it.

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 11:28AM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I had a pretty clear impression that it was trying to bait peopel that think girl on girl is hot until the man comes around, so there is that.
Not helped in fact by the abyssmal first screening of the first episode, sure, the series wouldn't become THE WURST THINK EVAR,(the backlash generated a reverse backlash with fierce defenders) but marketing like that just communicates vile messages to me which makes me want to puke

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I had a pretty clear impression that it was trying to bait peopel that think girl on girl is hot until the man comes around, so there is that.
Not helped in fact by the abyssmal first screening of the first episode, sure, the series wouldn't become THE WURST THINK EVAR,(the backlash generated a reverse backlash with fierce defenders) but marketing like that just communicates vile messages to me which makes me want to puke

At least it had real lesbian couple, there things like Index where lesbians are made just for jokes, or like Date a Live where the supposedly lesbian fall for the male main character.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

But i guess lesbian relationships with onscreen sex are just bait now.

That really depends, i'm the type of person who hates fanservice as a selling point and the "stereotypical" male view on lesbian is "they're hella sexy, but i can't bother to witness an actual relationship", Cross Ange striked me as having this kind of "yuri" and if it's like that then i can't bother
But then again, i know absolutely jack shit of Cross Ange, so i may be completely wrong and you may call me out on that

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Only that is not true. There is not one girl who was "covered" from being a lesbian. Every girl that was gay stayed gay. This show had more yuri the Yuri Bears. (Of course that does not mean it was an especially good show...)

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Is it worth watching Fipse?

Do you like Sunrise trainwrecks? Then yes, worth watching. It is not exactly a "good" show but it was kinda fun watching it with /a/ and laugh with them how bad it is. Just be ware, the main character is straight (well probably bi) and has sex with her boyfriend. There are at least 4 very canon gay characters and a lot of probably gay ones.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Only that is not true. There is not one girl who was "covered" from being a lesbian. Every girl that was gay stayed gay. This show had more yuri the Yuri Bears. (Of course that does not mean it was an especially good show...)

I had the impression that it was more situational sexuality than real lesbian for most of the girls, except Hilda, Rosalie and Chris.

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 12:26PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.