Forum › Cross Ange (anime)

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Is it worth watching Fipse?

Do you like Sunrise trainwrecks? Then yes, worth watching. It is not exactly a "good" show but it was kinda fun watching it with /a/ and laugh with them how bad it is. Just be ware, the main character is straight (well probably bi) and has sex with her boyfriend. There are at least 4 very canon gay characters and a lot of probably gay ones.

Is it true that it's so bad that it's almost a parody?

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Yes.

I had the impression that it was more situational sexuality than real lesbian for most of the girls, except Hilda, Rosalie and Chris.

We do not really know since the other girls don't get any real focus. The other probably lesbians have no contact with men beside Tusk and do not seem interested into him.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I had a pretty clear impression that it was trying to bait peopel that think girl on girl is hot until the man comes around, so there is that.

Only that is not true. There is not one girl who was "covered" from being a lesbian. Every girl that was gay stayed gay. This show had more yuri the Yuri Bears. (Of course that does not mean it was an especially good show...)

I couldn't care less what they did with that in the end, it were the first impressions that tainted my view on it which consisted of evil looking dominatrix lady over some sort of harem and Ange & Tusk embracing in the air like it's THE thing I am supposed to be rooting for.

Yeah, maybe I am hugely biased but there is enough media to watch for me for atleast 10 lifetimes, so maybe making a good impression can get you a long way

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Yes.

I had the impression that it was more situational sexuality than real lesbian for most of the girls, except Hilda, Rosalie and Chris.

We do not really know since the other girls don't get any real focus. The other probably lesbians have no contact with men beside Tusk and do not seem interested into him.

From what I read all girls seemed do have some interest in him, good to know that the possible lesbians don't, and since it really is so bad that it's almost a parody, I will try to watch it sooner, it don't seen to be really that bad like a lot of people say, i will probably like it, don't really mind the het, but the shallow yuri is hard to swallow, good thing it have some real yuri.

I demand sequel with Hilda as main character!

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 12:51PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I couldn't care less what they did with that in the end, it were the first impressions that tainted my view on it which consisted of evil looking dominatrix lady over some sort of harem and Ange & Tusk embracing in the air like it's THE thing I am supposed to be rooting for.

Yeah, maybe I am hugely biased but there is enough media to watch for me for atleast 10 lifetimes, so maybe making a good impression can get you a long way

The first impression was bad, lesbian prison rape... And the problem is not even the het, but that Tusk don't seen to be a good character.

They should had made a better first impression, a good first impression can take you to the end of the world if it's good enough...

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 12:58PM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

From what I read all girls seemed do have some interest in him

Sounds like something a few haters would made up. Probably somebody who did not even watch the show and simply assumed Tusk would be some sort of harem lead. He is not. If anybody is a lead it would be Ange who has Tusk, Hilda and her maid.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

From what I read all girls seemed do have some interest in him

Sounds like something a few haters would made up. Probably somebody who did not even watch the show and simply assumed Tusk would be some sort of harem lead. He is not. If anybody is a lead it would be Ange who has Tusk, Hilda and her maid.

I must say, if Ange ended with both Tusk and Hilda, I don't think I would be able to watch it...

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I must say, if Ange ended with both Tusk and Hilda, I don't think I would be able to watch it...

Luckily they avoided that.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Luckily they avoided that.

Indeed, for some time I expected they would do it, I could even see in my head, them together, both Ange and Hilda pregnant....

I need some brain bleach now...

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 1:27PM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Indeed, for some time I expected they would do it, I could even see in my head, them together, both Ange and Hilda pregnant....

Tusk is a very obvious Fukuda (Producer) self-insert. I guess he only wanted to fuck Nana and not have some NanoFate fuck his self-insert fantasy.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Tusk is a very obvious Fukuda (Producer) self-insert. I guess he only wanted to fuck Nana and not have some NanoFate fuck his self-insert fantasy.

Taking in account how much disgusting man there is in japan, I wouldn't doubt that possibility, you think they will make season two?

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Taking in account how much disgusting man there is in japan, I wouldn't doubt that possibility, you think they will make season two?

Depends on the sales. So far they are only 'decent' which is not good with the high profile VA cast they have. Then again, it might do well on CD and other merchandise sales. Who knows, we might get a second season but i wouldn't bet on it.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Depends on the sales. So far they are only 'decent' which is not good with the high profile VA cast they have. Then again, it might do well on CD and other merchandise sales. Who knows, we might get a second season but i wouldn't bet on it.

I don't think they will make, but there's even a Vita game, so who knows, what I want is Symphogear, I hope they finally make it yuri, I know I shouldn't get my hopes up....

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I don't think they will make, but there's even a Vita game, so who knows, what I want is Symphogear, I hope they finally make it yuri, I know I shouldn't get my hopes up....

The Vita game at least seems to go a yuri only route.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

The Vita game at least seems to go a yuri only route.

It sure would be nice if that's true, if they do make it only yuri, maybe it's their way to try to please everyone? after all they must know they disappointed a lot of people that expected it to be yuri...

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 2:04PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

@Kyonne: so we dislike the same thing I don't like the deus ex cards, I think they are been stubborn by making the duels 4k lp instead of the real 8k lp so they extend games with them. Action cards aren't that bad at least and the story is very interesting.

Hey Aki's b00bs are bigger than Kallen's head they aren't clones xD, watch season 4 Z-one is pretty awesome(and probably my favorite yugioh antagonist)

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 3:07PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

All the Yu-Gi-Oh without Yugi as main character are heresy :o

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ come on don't be a Genwunner...just give it a shot even Yugi likes Yusei :)

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Haha, but it doesn't work, Yugi already have Kaiba x)

I can't, I started manga with Kazuki Takahashi's Yu-Gi-Oh when I was a child. It's mythical. Those spinoffs are too different, you can see it's not the same author and I can see my old Yu-Gi-Oh's universe in them... It's physical, I just can't >.>

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I only watched the first Yu-Gi-Oh dubbed, when I was a child, is it true that the original anime and manga are separate stories?

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Personally, I watched the anime randomly on the TV and we didn't have the first season before the card game took so much importance in the story (not licensed in europe) but from what I remember, the anime was pretty close to the manga

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 4:47PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Personally, I watched the anime randomly on the TV and we didn't have the first season before the card game took so much importance in the story (not licensed in europe) but from what I remember, the anime was pretty close to the manga

Really? I read the first two volumes of the original manga years ago so I don't remember much, only remember that the manga had some chapters that the anime didn't have, and that Yami Yugi looked evil, really evil...

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 5:08PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

The anime and manga are different, season 0 is closer to the manga: pharaoh loves to mind crush ppl xD.

@Trafi that's fine I'm just saying different doesn't mean bad.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

That must be because you didn't see the very first season (or season 0). Must never have been dubbed in english too.

Yes in the very beginning the story wasn't about a card game but about games in general, Yugi didn't know/wasn't aware of Yami Yugi (he had just finished to assemble the puzzle) and Yami Yugi was punishing bad people with a game of darkness without Yugi and his friend knowing. So yeah he looked very dark but as the story moved on, Yugi and Yami Yugi learned to communicate and to know each other and everyone was aware of Yami Yugi and his intention so he looked a lot less dark.

And at one time, the card game take all the story and this is were you've started

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 5:25PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

The anime and manga are different, season 0 is closer to the manga: pharaoh loves to mind crush ppl xD.

@Trafi that's fine I'm just saying different doesn't mean bad.

They are not that different, I remember seing Kaiba being defeated by a great number of kuriboh and threatening to kill himself if he didn't win (x)) and lots of other thing that also are in the manga

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 5:30PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.