Forum › Cross Ange (anime)

joined Feb 15, 2013

Anyone watching this?

I know it started really badly with all of rape attempts and evil lesbian chick and stuffs like that. Also a lot of silly moment. But if you can get through the first few episodes, then it's getting really good as it goes. I haven't seen such a series that could manage to get better and better every episode like this.

I posted here, firstly because we have at least three lesbian characters in it. They were friends-with-benefits, have threesome daily and such. The other two are totally side characters. But one of them Hilda, a tsundere, actually may have a crush toward the main character, Ange. And Hilda and Ange were voiced by Nanoya and Fate VA respectively. So if you want to listen to Nanoha acted tsuntsun toward Fate, here is your chance...

We also have two other girls who has deep admiration toward her oneesama/hime-sama respectively. So more yuri shipping routes

But most importantly, by the latest episode, we know that the main character has always connected to another girl by fate since the start of time. And they were partners, rivals, friends, nemesis, comrades, and LOVERS in each of their past lives. Yes the main character has an incarnated lesbian lover. How many series starred a main female character, who connected to her incarnated lesbian lover by the string of fate ?!?!?!

God this series have as much yuri as any mainstream anime could contain....

last edited at Dec 15, 2014 10:13PM

I
joined May 21, 2014

I don't mind the rape and mindless killing, that i can endure, but when it turn het I stop watching it, maybe thats why people run away from it, they try to endure the bad for yuri sake on it, then suddenly it turn into het?!! well fuck.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

turned het I wasn't satisfied. But I will admit that the ending was great and as the earlier comment said it got better with each ep. Just wished it wouldn't had turned into a het -.-. Overall it had an awesome plot that started out kind of eh but became really strong! plus the idea of the main heroes not caring for the people of the shitty earth was even better! But still het... real turn off... But I will still recommend it no doubt. But for those who cant stand het, rape, a sorry attempt to make yuri... dont watch. If you want to see for the story and character development, which I may say it has an EXTREMELY good character developments, than do it! For real O.O this anime has the best character dev I've ever seen in anime ever O.O which is weird lol because this is not even near being a masterpiece lol But it was well rounded and strong. But still het -.- agh why did they have to do that!? anyways agh im done being angry lel XD

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 12:40AM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

turned het I wasn't satisfied. But I will admit that the ending was great and as the earlier comment said it got better with each ep. Just wished it wouldn't had turned into a het -.-. Overall it had an awesome plot that started out kind of eh but became really strong! plus the idea of the main heroes not caring for the people of the shitty earth was even better! But still het... real turn off... But I will still recommend it no doubt.

I only read spoilers to tell in another thread, I'm still deciding if I should watch it sooner or later, is the plot really good? I read in some places that it looks more like a parody ot the genre....

And though the het was bad, it could had been worse, if Ange ended with both Tusk and Hilda would be a lot worse, god I don't want to even think about that...

This is the thread I'm talking about http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6168-cross-ange-and-witch-craft-works

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

this anime has the best character dev I've ever seen in anime ever

I mean, I haven't watched Cross Ange, but that's probably a pretty big insult to some of the greatest anime ever.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I mean, I haven't watched Cross Ange, but that's probably a pretty big insult to some of the greatest anime ever.

Let he dream man, Cross Ange probably affected his brain, poor guy... I wonder how much it will affect my brain when I watch it...

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 12:55AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Let he dream man, Cross Ange probably affected his brain, poor guy... I wonder how much it will affect my brain when I watch it...

I asked ppl who watched it and they all say the same, starts as shit turns really good as it goes.

But they pretty much told me: if ya wanna see it for the yuri its not worth it, might as well search for specific yuri scenes in youtube.

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 1:04AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Didn't get to watch it for the yuri cause i realized pretty early on that the yuri was just a bait to get the horny male mind that seems to be dominating over Japan the past years
Didn't get to watch it for the mecha either because of the 3D and the mindless Gundam Seed references
I'd give it a chance if i heard enough positives since i'm stubborn as all hell when it comes to 3D, didn't even watch the new season of Fafner even though i loved the first, but main problem is that i have this cousin that i have shaped with exactly my tastes and he's only watching Cross Ange to fufill his masochist needs, and i only fufill mines with really shitty shoujos What have you done to me Aishiteruze Baby? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

i have this cousin that i have shaped with exactly my tastes

I hope you're talking only about anime and manga....

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

And games

And hair style

A shame i couldn't do anything about his tastes in gunplas, can you believe he wants a Hi-Nu!? Gotta find a cure somehow...

Edit: Oh i almost forgot, and music also, which really helps when we go for a ride

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 1:20AM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

And games

And hair style

A shame i couldn't do anything about his tastes in gunplas, can you believe he wants a Hi-Nu!? Gotta find a cure somehow...

I don't understand anything about Gundam, it's one of the few giant animes that I want to watch, but it's so much thing to watch...

The older Gundams are good?

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 1:19AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

And games

And hair style

I don't understand anything about Gundam, it's one of the few giant animes that I want to watch, but it's so much thing to watch...

The older Gundams are good?

Yeah, the first two (0079 and Zeta) are great, though i have only watched the 0079 movies but it's a good summary of the series if you don't want to go through the entire TV show
The advice that i always give newcomers that not everyone may agree is as following, if you don't feel like commiting to such a huge series right away or is turned off by the 80's animation, then start with Gundam 00, it's a standalone anime that should set you up for what you should expect of the series, plus the animation is superb, 2D mechas at its best (Alongside Code Geass that is)

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 1:24AM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Yeah, the first two (0079 and Zeta) are great, though i have only watched the 0079 movies but it's a good summary of the series if you don't want to go through the entire TV show
The advice that i always give newcomers that not everyone may agree is as following, if you don't feel like commiting to such a huge series right away or is turned off by the 80's animation, then start with Gundam 00, it's a standalone anime that should set you up for what you should expect of the series, plus the animation is superb, 2D mechas at its best (Alongside Code Geass that is)

I don't really mind the 80's animation, as long it's good I read/watch/play almost anything independent of how it looks, but sure it's problematic the quantity of things those giant animes have, Gundam, Pretty Cure, maybe Yu-Gi-Oh and Digimon (I'm not sure if I will watch them), I don't remember if there's another giant series that the anime is the original, but when I start to watch them, I'm planning on watching and reading everything that is important for that serie, but it's hard to gather enough will power to do all that alone, all my friends are too busy with real life, if I can still call them friends, can't remember the last time I talked with them, much less meeting them in person...

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 1:37AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I feel ya, to this day i still haven't watch/read everything Gundam has
Luckly since the other series mentioned aren't that much tied to each other i kinda just watch what interest me (Heartcatch Precure since Umakoshi is my favorite animator/character designer ever, Yugioh DM, 5D and Arc-V) and ignore the others
Damn i miss watching more Umakoshi stuff ;_; Why isn't he coming back to the new Saint Seiya anime!?

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I feel ya, to this day i still haven't watch/read everything Gundam has
Luckly since the other series mentioned aren't that much tied to each other i kinda just watch what interest me (Heartcatch Precure since Umakoshi is my favorite animator/character designer ever, Yugioh DM, 5D and Arc-V) and ignore the others
Damn i miss watching more Umakoshi stuff ;_; Why isn't he coming back to the new Saint Seiya anime!?

I don't like to watch only one part, even if they're not tied I would watch/read everything, I found two sites that show all anime/ova/movie released, one since 1970 and the other since 1990 but more complete, because I'm ambitious (idiot), I'm planning to watch everything that is good starting by the older ones that the anime is the original, that the manga don't have translation, and maybe some that the manga is translated but the anime isn't giant but is a good ataptation, those animes that are bad adaptations I'm not sure I would watch.

But watching all that alone and not have anyone to talk about is... But I will do that eventually, no doubt about that, I will start doing that any moment now, any moment...

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Since this is a cross ange discussion I'll just say that it didn't appeal to me then I heard "het" and said NOPE.

Joining the current discussion: I was never really into the mech genre...that is until code geass so I'm extremely late and Gundam is so massive it almost feels like I'd have to climb the Everest, I'll keep those suggestions in mind, I do like the Zoids games too maybe I'll watch that.

Precure caught my eye because of Shinozaki but again another juggernaut.

I've watched almost every Digimon anime and I think tamers is the best one.

Finally yu-gi-oh I love Arc-v so it think that's the best place to start...just be beware of the slow start, 5ds is pretty good except season 3 ugh, Zexal is not bad but it takes a while to get serious and there's a lot of filler and other unnecessary stuff/characters, just like DM and Gx both pretty meh I have no nostalgia goggles so I can say they have improved a lot. There's also "Season 0" eh...just watch littlekuriboh's abridged episodes...you're not missing anything...well except for the shadow games those are cool sometimes.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Joining the current discussion: I was never really into the mech genre...that is until code geass so I'm extremely late and Gundam is so massive it almost feels like I'd have to climb the Everest, I'll keep those suggestions in mind, I do like the Zoids games too maybe I'll watch that.

I'm late on everything, anime, manga, games...

Precure caught my eye because of Shinozaki but again another juggernaut.

I've watched almost every Digimon anime and I think tamers is the best one.

These juggernauts are the worst, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Gintama, these giants that the manga is the original, I don't know if I will watch them one day...

I sometimes think about searching for people to watch anime with me, but most people already watched what they wanted, if I started a thread about that here I doubt I would find anyone, most people here would not want to watch anything involving het.

I'm planning on watching everything good of any genre, so even if I found someone, a lot of them would not want to watch certain genres, like yaoi, shoujo, or things like Free! that is extremely gay.

When I think about how many animes, mangas, games, visual novels, light novels, that are good and I will never read/watch/play, sometimes I feel like it would be better to just end it all, being obssessive is suffering...

Although I doubt it, do you two (or anyone reading this thread) have any interest on doing that with me? but even if you two where interested, I doubt you two have enough time for that, since I don't have a life, I could easily watch anime from 19:00 to more or less 04:00, that is the advantage of being a useless member of society.

I'm really angsty today...

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 2:49AM

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

^Nani nani Yey im not the only one thats useless to society :p anyone ever watched shin sekai yori

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

^Nani nani Yey im not the only one thats useless to society :p anyone ever watched shin sekai yori

It's on the list to watch, one day I get there...

I'm so useless that if it was not because of my stepfather, I wouldn't even have a job... since I'm working for him, well, more or less woking, not a very good employee...

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 3:12AM

joined Jun 17, 2014

Well i tried working once and i only lasted 3 hours and Shin sekai yori its really a good anime it made me cry it made me feel ;__;

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 3:15AM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Well i tried working once and i only lasted 3 hours and Shin sekai yori its really a good anime it made me cry it made me feel ;__;

If it wasn't for him give me a job, I woudn't even get out of the house as I wouldn't have a job, I'm working for him only to buy games, if not for that, I would already stopped that...

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 3:16AM

joined Jun 17, 2014

it must be great having cash i once spent 6 months inside my house i nearly became a shut in i need more hobbies..... (lets forget that this is a cross ange thread that never happened)

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I can't really do something like that but I can help by telling you a little about your examples hopefully.

Naruto eh...I only watched it when it came out I was young and obsessed with DBZ so lol.
Bleach's quality tends to fluctuate a LOT sometimes it's unreadable(the manga is still ongoing).
One piece is ok although there's crap sometimes.
Fairy Tail is part of the reason I quit the shonen genre I watched it 'till the Zeref arc...it got terrible so until Edolas maybe?.
Gintama is really fun and there are a lot of action moments too and that movie ♥.
Other genres? not much but I do want to re-watch corrector yui and sailor moon(most likely the remake).

Word of advice skip fillers they are usually terrible.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I can't really do something like that but I can help by telling you a little about your examples hopefully.

Naruto eh...I only watched it when it came out I was young and obsessed with DBZ so lol.
Bleach's quality tends to fluctuate a LOT sometimes it's unreadable(the manga is still ongoing).
One piece is ok although there's crap sometimes.
Fairy Tail is part of the reason I quit the shonen genre I watched it 'till the Zeref arc...it got terrible so until Edolas maybe?.
Gintama is really fun and there are a lot of action moments too and that movie ♥.
Other genres? not much but I do want to re-watch corrector yui and sailor moon(most likely the remake).

Word of advice skip fillers they are usually terrible.

Thanks for the info, I will probably just read their manga one day, too much trouble to watch their animes, maybe watch only Gintama.

To reply you must either login or sign up.