Forum › A "small" topic for video games

joined Apr 19, 2014

Oh my fucking god Nier 2 by Yoko Taro and Platinum Games.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

KHIII restored my broken heart that Metroid shattered

joined Mar 23, 2013

SE had decent amount of games but holy shit was it very formal and Japanese. Stop talking and just give us the games.

The games they've shown and announced was varied and Just Cause 3 looked so fucking insanely fun and retarded and so on. But the conference... Zzz this shit could of been done 30 minutes faster for a better punch. Nier 2 was a pleasant surprise. Hitman MMO/ GTA style online? Thingy is an interesting concept. Actual Star ocean 5 gameplay was a surprise as well and it looked alright.

Ninetendo was literal shit, bunch of games they announced before, literally no WII U games and a bunch of bad 3DS games. Of course Amiiboooooos give us your money stuff sith le skylanders!
Aside from FE the most exciting game in that whole shit was that ultra tennis I swear.

That fox game was... Minamoto "you don't have to watch ur full screen big ass TV no just watch our small ass WII U screen! What the flying fuck you mongoloid, why are you not retired?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Here's a cool game, see how fast the dislike bar grows

The Square-Enix conference was a lot more closed so i expected it having a lot of talking, but at least it never got to the level of Pele showing his english skills or the shit that went on Nintendo, it was nice to see Square having a conference again
And i do have to admit that for someone who never paid attention to Just Cause nor knew what it was even about, i got pretty curious about it, call me interested

Edit: 10.000 Dislikes, i feel like something has been accomplished here

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 4:10PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Here's a cool game, see how fast the dislike bar grows

The Square-Enix conference was a lot more closed so i expected it having a lot of talking, but at least it never got to the level of Pele showing his english skills or the shit that went on Nintendo, it was nice to see Square having a conference again
And i do have to admit that for someone who never paid attention to Just Cause nor knew what it was even about, i got pretty curious about it, call me interested

Haha those dislike, another shooter in an inferior ( power wise ) console. Why would they even think that's a good idea? Nintendo is sad, it has forgotten how to make games and is letting franchises die slow deaths.

Yeah Just Cause was like "look you can tether, grab, destroy ANYTHING. That's what I want to see in an over the top open world type game. Twitch chat was like "game made by Michael Bay" which is like so true.

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 2:53PM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Relevant Just kidding, it's JUST FUCKING ON LAN DI!

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Deus Ex lookin nice.

Star Fox makes me wanna get a Wii U... Somewhat gimmicky tho.

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 4:44PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Deus Ex lookin nice.

No it doesnt, that star fox looks mega bad.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Poor Shiggy, he doesn' get anny younger, does he

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

He ain't got to drink the delicious tears of the fans like Sakurai's been doing for ages

joined Mar 23, 2013

He ain't got to drink the delicious tears of the fans like Sakurai's been doing for ages

Sakurai is forever young of the tears of tourneyfags shich he hates. Games are for fun not competition people! Do you rike it?

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

seems to be content from that one old canceled Starfox game. They probably just didn't want it go to waste

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 6:02PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

seems to be content from that one old canceled Starfox game. They probably just didn't want it go to waste

Yeah, shiggy straight out said in the digital onference that the bird walker thing was ripped right out of Star Fox 2 and felt it was appropriate to use it again

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Nintendo: starfox looks good! I'm not worried about the gamepad stuff because splatoon controls fine with motion controls.
METro...id? Ummm...ok....it doesn't seem terrible but thats not what we asked!
FE if-> FE fates? Ok- smtxfe it's growing on me but the aoi guy looks so generic shonen boy that fear I wont be able to enjoy the story...well unless he's a cardboard box that doesn't affect the story but hey Sugita-err-Chrom is in the game!
Zelda fourtri swords? Well fun filler until zelda wiiu I suppose.

SquareEnix: ok the KH part was pretty funny. Disney? KH3 gameplay? Nah a cheap looking phone game that you HAVE to play because KH3 plot, and then they showed the game...
Am I the only one curious about world of ff?
I wish they showed off more Nier.

////////////////////////////
What where all the devs thinking showing these mobile games? No one cares just put them on the google/apple store and call it a day, it will still sell.

Series: Senran Kagura Pairing: Yagyuu x Hibari Link: pixiv

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 6:18PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

To be fair i did play a bit of Kingdom Hearts Chi and it was fun, glad that it's finally getting translated but... C'mon man, iOS only?

15.000 dislikes \oooo/

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Glorious.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Nintendo: starfox looks good! I'm not worried about the gamepad stuff because splatoon controls fine with motion controls.

Literally looks like a game from 10 years ago. Japanese bossman comes and tellls you you should look at the screen of your gamepad and not your tv. How can you trust such a person? WII-U is a dead console. Only Bayo 2 and Xenoblades X in december are playeable games on that console...

METro...id? Ummm...ok....it doesn't seem terrible but thats not what we asked!

It looked like a dumbed down version of pew pew shooters with no feeling in the gunplay. it looked like the original unreal tournament sith noneof the pros lol. It doesn't look terrible?Fuck what is terrible for you?

FE if-> FE fates? Ok- smtxfe it's growing on me but the aoi guy looks so generic shonen boy that fear I wont be able to enjoy the story...well unless he's a cardboard box that doesn't affect the story but hey Sugita-err-Chrom is in the game!

All Mcs are shonen boys in JRPGs, how can you say you won't be able to enjoy the story? That would mean you can't play any JRPGs ever because it's all shonen Boyzzzz. I don't hate, it's just a weird critic I guess?

Zelda fourtri swords? Well fun filler until zelda wiiu I suppose.
Boring filler*

SquareEnix: ok the KH part was pretty funny. Disney? KH3 gameplay? Nah a cheap looking phone game that you HAVE to play because KH3 plot, and then they showed the game...

They showed KH3 gameplay, why are you upset? I wasn't even expecting that.

Am I the only one curious about world of ff?

It looks like pokemon meets monster hunter meets MMO? I'm more curious at how bad it's going to be. I felt like this game should of been shown at The Tokyo Game Show instead. It looks super tailored to the JP mobile market and not so much the west.

I wish they showed off more Nier.

We all did, the platinum games being involved means finally a game from that director that has good combat. Guess we'll know in like 3 years.

////////////////////////////
What where all the devs thinking showing these mobile games? No one cares just put them on the google/apple store and call it a day, it will still sell.

It's because no one has actual games, notice all the remasters and mobile games in all conferences. Gaming is in a slump, producers don't want to take any risks and so you have safe bets just like hollywood movies. Sequels and remakes x10000. It sucks a lot. But everything is a pendulum, things are going to bounce back at some point.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

What is terrible to me? Incomplete games, games with roller coaster framerate, games so filled with bugs that there will be 1000+s of youtube vids making fun of them, games with heads up their asses and games that ask for money every 5 mins. I don't care if devs want to try things even if it's not that great as long as there is effort put into it.

I complain about aoi becuase I don't want to see Bleach smt that would be weird. Let me rephrase that: I just don't like him, problably because he looks exactly the same as the mc from the mobile game chain chronicle.

I'm not complaining about KH3 I just thought the audience reaction was amusing, is the mobile thing actually fun? Huh....

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 6:57PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

I don't care if devs want to try things even if it's not that great as long as there is effort put into it.

That's the thing, this nintendo conference a lot of the games were not "trying" new things or out effort.The starfox / metroid and some other games could of been out 10 years ago on a console and I'd say "oh it's another one of those". But we're in 2015 now.

There's no effort in nintendo today, I want to like it because these franchises have been part of my childhood for the most part but they're not even trying anymore. All they do is sell amiiboos.
I want to like nintendo but this conference was one of the worst I've seen in a long time.

Also why would you want a bad game because a guy tried hard and not want a great game because the guy was competent? Wut is dis logic.

I complain about aoi becuase I don't want to see Bleach smt that would be weird. Let me rephrase that: I just don't like him, problably because he looks exactly the same as the mc from the mobile game chain chronicle.
Not liking someone based on looks, even further, based on the looks of another person. I-I have no words.

I'm not complaining about KH3 I just thought the audience reaction was amusing, is the mobile thing actually fun? Huh....

Mobile games are fun! Isn't that why 3DS is best?

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

WII-U is a dead console.

Looks at all the people playing Splatoon
Looks at all the people playing Smash 4
Yup...definetely a dead console.....

Seriously Nintendo was never about having the best consoles but the most fun games to play. As long as they push out million hits like those two every once in a while Wii U sales will only go up

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Geez you just want to shoot at everything I say? Ok last response.
You are not reading what I say, look at codename steam that game flopped is it bad? No. AC unity sold and the game was half done. And about nintendo you're doing the classic complain not gonna bother.

Hey I'm an idiot becuase I don't like how a character looks wohooo. CC mc has no dialog or personality but aoi has a voice I find that weird no saying any more.

Yes because vita/3ds games are exactly the same I mean right?! And I was just surprised Kyonne said it's fun, no shame liking a mobile game if I'm having a good time without spending 300+$ a month.

joined Mar 23, 2013

WII-U is a dead console.

Looks at all the people playing Splatoon
Looks at all the people playing Smash 4
Yup...definetely a dead console.....

Nintendo themselves admitted WII U was/is a huge disaster and they're coming up with NX. By their own admission it's a dead console, a few big titles won't save the console. Even nintendo says so, it's been a huge financial lost for them, luckily 3DS is doing awesomely well. Financially it was a massive failure, I think I remember graphs showing it was an even bigger moneysink than PS3 era Sony. I'm not entirely sure, it was some time ago. Memory is a funny thing.

Seriously Nintendo was never about having the best consoles but the most fun games to play. As long as they push out million hits like those two every once in a while Wii U sales will only go up.

Opinions here, best consoles =/= most fun games is correct but I don't think many people would say Nintendo has the monopoly on fun right now.

Geez you just want to shoot at everything I say? Ok last response.

"I'm not able to argue with good points and so I will say you're a mean guy and refuse to say anything else" Dats cool, I understand.

You are not reading what I say, look at codename steam that game flopped is it bad? No. AC unity sold and the game was half done. And about nintendo you're doing the classic complain not gonna bother.

The classic complaint? Nintendo hasn't been like that for that long, but they're like that right now. There's nothing "classic" about what I'm saying. Now If I was saying "nintendo is for 8 years old lelelelele so dumb games" then you would be correct, that line of reasoning has been there since the gamecube/ WII days but I'm not saying this at all. Only recently have I been dissappointed by nintendo.

Remember what Reggie said during the conference, this year for nintendo was about "transformation". You heard that multiple times right? Well nothing in theshow Was remotely transformation or change at all. It's the same thing they've been doing that has landed them in some difficulty.

Hey I'm an idiot becuase I don't like how a character looks wohooo. CC mc has no dialog or personality but aoi has a voice I find that weird no saying any more.

Yes because vita/3ds games are exactly the same I mean right?! And I was just surprised Kyonne said it's fun, no shame liking a mobile game if I'm having a good time without spending 300+$ a month.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.

FFS 1 hour preshow for the computer conference fuuuuu-

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 8:05PM

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Nintendo themselves admitted WII U was/is a huge disaster and they're coming up with NX. By their own admission it's a dead console, a few big titles won't save the console. Even nintendo says so, it's been a huge financial lost for them, luckily 3DS is doing awesomely well. Financially it was a massive failure, I think I remember graphs showing it was an even bigger moneysink than PS3 era Sony. I'm not entirely sure, it was some time ago. Memory is a funny thing.

The huge disaster with the Wii U was mainly the development cost. The cost of the game pad was simply too high and in the end forced the console to have only 1 of 'em (plus they really aren't that great). And in the end it forced the console to be waay more expensive than it shoould have been. Nintendo's idea has always been to produce cheap console anyone can effort and fun for the whole family. So the console itself kinda went against Nintendo's philosophy to begin with... and knowing Nintendo their next might aswell simply be a Wii U that doesn't involve a game pad making it waay cheaper. Who knows? It's not the first time they did something like that (look at the 2DS)

Opinions here, best consoles =/= most fun games is correct but I don't think many people would say Nintendo has the monopoly on fun right now.

Monopoly on fun? I don't think that even exists since everyone has a different opinion to begin with.. What I meant is Nintendo tries to keep the focus on party games that the majority of people can enjoy (pretty much for all ages) instead of focusing on realism or art which is a major selling point for other consoles.

Remember what Reggie said during the conference, this year for nintendo was about "transformation". You heard that multiple times right? Well nothing in theshow Was remotely transformation or change at all. It's the same thing they've been doing that has landed them in some difficulty.

Well the talk about "transformation" from Reggie was about being more global and taking people all over the globe into consideration when making games. And yeah I have to agree. Other than Splatoon pretty much everything failed on that front.

seriously this stuff is horror to type on an Iphone...I want my keyboard back

joined Mar 23, 2013

The huge disaster with the Wii U was mainly the development cost. The cost of the game pad was simply too high and in the end forced the console to have only 1 of 'em (plus they really aren't that great). And in the end it forced the console to be waay more expensive than it shoould have been. Nintendo's idea has always been to produce cheap console anyone can effort and fun for the whole family. So the console itself kinda went against Nintendo's philosophy to begin with... and knowing Nintendo their next might aswell simply be a Wii U that doesn't involve a game pad making it waay cheaper. Who knows? It's not the first time they did something like that (look at the 2DS)

Totally agree with you on all fronts, but it really does not matter that much the why. Sony had the same issue with PS3 being way too expensive to make and basically each time they sold ne they lost money. Agree too on the gamepad, It isnt great and it cost a lot. But you can see that Nintendo wont have many games on the WII U because they intend to put it behind them. Which is why it's a pretty dead console.

Monopoly on fun? I don't think that even exists since everyone has a different opinion to begin with.. What I meant is Nintendo tries to keep the focus on party games that the majority of people can enjoy (pretty much for all ages) instead of focusing on realism or art which is a major selling point for other consoles.

I know you meant that, and they keep doing that to a certain extent but just like many Japanese publishers they keep making games for certain franchises that are sort of "wat?". Like the metroid game, is it so hard to have a "real" metroid game that makes people remember the old stuff. Now I understand it's quite possible they are planning a Metroid game on NX in the future and other games. Really this whole WII U thing has probably delayed a lot of non "party" mobile games and it's one of the big reasons why I'm sad about it. Stories and characters I enjoy are not getting new stories and adventures y'know.

Franchises I wanted back are not coming just yet because the hardware isn't here yet.

seriously this stuff is horror to type on an Iphone...I want my keyboard back

Ipad here, and yeah walls of texts take mucho time.

All in all, I've found that most problems I have with current nintendo is the same as JP publishers. They're having issues money wise and are sitting on great franchises ( or they used to ) and are too afraid to take risks and think that making all these mobile games and think slowly but surely they'll claw their way back. It's not going to work. Even if they're selling well the income isn't large enough per game.

Wasn't there a smart dude that said something like : If you so the same thing over and over and expect different result, it's insanity. We all know who it is

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Guess last post since I got to put the phone back. <_<

Well whatever happens with the Wii U, Nintendo will probably turn it around one way or another again. Even if it would die they'd find a way to recycle it. I mean the Virtual Boy was supposed to be one of the biggest flops of Nintendo and what did they do with it? They took out it's dual screen technology and put it into leftover Game&Watch casings and sold it as "never before seen technology" AKA the 3DS.

This topic has been locked.